Fivesolas Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fivesolas

Fivesolas Daily Check-in

Post by fivesolas » Fri May 16, 2008 3:32 am

Hey, I'm new to this, but I think this public check-in is a great way to foster accountability.

I bought my sledgehammer today (10#) and started my first routine tonight. I had to keep consulting the youtube videos to get the movements right, but I made it through.

I also started the nosdiet today. I made it through the day without any snacks. I am keenly aware that one day is not an amazing feat, but it's a start. :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 16, 2008 3:38 am

fivesolas,

it sure is a start and a good one at that!

Welcome,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

fivesolas

Shugging on zero sleep can be hazardous to your health...

Post by fivesolas » Sat May 17, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks, blueskighs!

Today was good; I didn't snack all day.

I also did my shovelglove routine this morning. I found out quickly that you should definitely get some rest before doing any physical exercise, much less shovelglove.

I had a big deadline today, so I was up all night working. Let's just say that no sleep doesn't go well with shovelglove. I got pretty nauseous afterwards, although it couldn't have been helped by the eggs and yogurt I had eaten about 20 minutes earlier... :oops:

fivesolas

Post by fivesolas » Sat May 17, 2008 6:58 am

I had a big deadline today, so I was up all night working. Let's just say that no sleep doesn't go well with shovelglove. I got pretty nauseous afterwards, although it couldn't have been helped by the eggs and yogurt I had eaten about 20 minutes earlier...
Just in case anyone is wondering, the eggs and yogurt were not mixed together. Yikes.

whitway

Post by whitway » Sun May 18, 2008 4:27 am

I'm new FiveSolas to the progam as well on Day 6! I like your Moniker :D

Welcome!

fivesolas

Post by fivesolas » Tue May 20, 2008 12:47 am

Thanks, whitway!

Today was Day 5 on my nosdiet, and it was fine: no snacks, no sweets, and no seconds for me today. I'm waiting on my nosdiet book to arrive; it should be here any day now.

Today was also Day 5 of shovelglove for me and I am baffled as to how I can be so exhausted after only 14 minutes! I used to have to work out at the gym for almost an hour to feel like this! I guess that's a good thing, huh?

fivesolas

Post by fivesolas » Wed May 21, 2008 3:10 am

Day 6:

Success!

On the other hand, it's becoming increasingly difficult to fight the snacking urges. Haven't given in yet, but still... :twisted:

I find myself looking forward to the weekend in a somewhat unhealthy manner. Maybe it will subside by then.

Also day 6 of shovelglove today - boy, that's a fun workout.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 21, 2008 4:02 am

it's becoming increasingly difficult to fight the snacking urges
hang in there, one meal at a time :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey