Scott's Diet Coke Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

scvtfr747

Scott's Diet Coke Check In

Post by scvtfr747 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Day 1 - Failed
Comments:
I cracked at 2:40 PM. However, considering I typically start drinking it around 9:00AM, and basically non-stop until dinner time, I'll count this as a victory, particulary since I stopped drinking coffee Saturday, and started the No-S Diet Thursday. Coffee isn't that much a victory as I never seem to be addicted to it, but I know it's somehow related to the diet coke issue.

I'm going to allow soda on my S days. Just need to kick the habit during the week.

I cracked because I felt like I couldn't concentrate on my work. I've kicked the habit a few times before, so I know this goes away.

Scott

scvtfr747

Day 2

Post by scvtfr747 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Day 2 - Failed.

While having a discussion with my wife, felt I couldn't get the thoughts out (probably classic caffeine withdrawal). Then a huge headache hit. That led to a diet coke, and then a second one during lunch.

I'm still off coffee though. Maybe that should be the challenge for this week--stay off the coffee, and then tackle diet coke.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 21, 2008 4:07 am

Kicking caffiene, coffee, sodas can be tough,
hang in there,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

scvtfr747

Kicking diet coke

Post by scvtfr747 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for the encouragement!

Scott

scvtfr747

New plan

Post by scvtfr747 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Here's my new plan of attack.

I'm going to give myself a No-S day glass ceiling limit on soda, starting with 3 per day, and then going down to 2 next week, and 1 the following week.

I'll see how that works.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed May 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Good luck Scott with your new method. Sometimes it takes trial & error before we find what works for us. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 1:48 am

Scott,

Using glass ceiling is a great idea!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 pm

If you find yourself drinking diet coke during the week, buy it in a bottle, drink it as you normally do and cut back a little bit every day, have half the bottle or just a small glass, sometimes a small bottle will last me 2 days, I too am trying to put it on S days, but I cut down a long time ago so I was not drinking as much of it when I started No S, I was just drinking it everyday. God Bless and good luck.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous