irish s day check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

irish

irish s day check-in

Post by irish » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Started day with 1 egg, 2 strips bacon, 1 ww toast, oj, 1/2 plum, 1/2 peach, large zucchini bar with cream cheese frosting (wonderful) and 4 pot. chips. Nothing during morning. Lunch - med. piece lasagna, salad, med. bowl ice cream.

irish

Post by irish » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Actually, for lunch instead of ice cream I had a piece of watermelon and 4 oreo cookies. Dinner - 3 Manhattens, 2 c. light popcorn, 1 Hershey's nugget and 3 cheese & crackers, maybe rykrisp. Possibly some pot. chips. Then I'll brush my teeth and that will be it for today. I know that it's not the best S day, but it's better than most of my others.

irish

Post by irish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Add to Sat. 3 more oreos. Today for breakfast - 1 egg, 1/3 c. pot. with gravy, 1 easymac with sour cream and salsa.

irish

Post by irish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:13 pm

lunch was a piece of watermelon, 6 cheezits, 2 oreos. dinner was 2 small vodka tonics and Mexican food - tortilla chips & salsa (too many) chicken tostada, beef enchilada, ranch beans & Mex. rice, all very delicious & very filling. Later 1 vadka tonic.For me, not a bad weekend, no binging, no grazing, especially on Sun.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:21 pm

not a bad weekend, no binging, no grazing, especially on Sun.
COOL! 8)

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey