Nichole's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

la_loser

Beautiful!

Post by la_loser » Tue May 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Nichole,
Your Dorothy and Toto is amazing. You have a lot of talent. Considering I can hardly draw a stick person, I'm really impressed. . . and in the pic below with your nephew-you look beautiful! I hope you look in the mirror and see the same thing! :lol:
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue May 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Marleah -

Thank you!
I feel so much better since switching to tea, it's amazing. Coffee has soo much caffeine and it was just not working for me. I have about 2 cups of tea a day. Plain Lipton and Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle. Sounds gross but it's just nice and sweet.

LA Loser -
Thank you also and I don't see myself that way, if we're being honest, I was just thinking to myself today at the bathroom at work how ugly I am - ha! Some days I like how I look and sometimes I don't. Weird, eh?

And Toto was the easiest part of the entire thing!! Glad you both liked him.

The new picture I have to work on involves my friend with her granddad on a carousel. A CAROUSEL.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Nichole - you are an incredibly talented artist - and you're also beautiful! The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies! :)
Mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks Mimi!

Tonight Justin is grilling on our new Forman grill... I'm just going to have one hamburger and salad and maybe a little beans *maybe*. I'm going to skip the hotdog because they're loaded with calories. A hamburger loaded with lettuce and tomato and maybe onion is good enough for me. mmm. Can't wait! :)

B: Total w/skim
L: Left over shrimp & broccoli w/rice pilaf
S: Yogurt, cheese
D: Hamburger, whole wheat bun, salad

Also, I treated myself to a scoop of ice cream last night b/c my calorie intake was pretty good. mmm :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

I *think* my weight is going down. I was 148 even today.

I've been having my thoughts about food lately. A long time ago, many years ago, I ate pretty unhealthily. When they say change is gradual they really mean it. First I switched to whole grains, then I slowly started trying more veggies... It's been a long process to get to healthier eating. I can see how a big, sudden change wouldn't work. Now I am concentrating on cutting out sweets, or at least cutting down. I had ice cream the other night, just one scoop, and yet my weight is still steady and possibly even falling. I feel like I'm figuring out what works for me.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm

I was 147.2 this morning!! :) I am going to push on, I'm not going to say "oooh, I lost weight, let me go get a fattening latte!" I am going to keep doing what I'm doing or I won't lose anymore weight.

And I like what I'm doing. I'm eating enough food, I'm just not drinking coffee w/cream (calories!!) or having sweets (mega calories!!). I'm also not taking my weekends as S weekends, but eating like normal. That did not work for me because I went crazy. That is highly counterproductive to weight loss. If it's about building good habits, I am not going to stop at the weekends and derail all my progress. Now I have a scoop of ice cream once in a while when I feel like it, not because it's a certain day. Tomorrow I'll be going to a party and I guess I will have a piece of cake, a small one, that's it :).

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri May 22, 2009 12:34 pm

You go girl! Sounds like you're getting a pretty good handle on what works for you! Yesterday we had a little going away party for one of our teachers. I thought about staying strictly "vanilla" and not partaking at all...then I thought about all the "explaining" I would have to do and how much they would "push" the stuff on me...so I took a little bit of everything - but not enough to hurt - and decided it could be an "S event." The rest of the afternoon and evening my NoS went on as usual. By making that decision I think I headed off some "stinkin thinkin" that might have resulted from "poor me", I can't eat anything...and then binged later on. I was happy with my decision and counted the day yellow.
Mimi

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 22, 2009 1:36 pm

mimi wrote:You go girl! Sounds like you're getting a pretty good handle on what works for you! Yesterday we had a little going away party for one of our teachers. I thought about staying strictly "vanilla" and not partaking at all...then I thought about all the "explaining" I would have to do and how much they would "push" the stuff on me...so I took a little bit of everything - but not enough to hurt - and decided it could be an "S event." The rest of the afternoon and evening my NoS went on as usual. By making that decision I think I headed off some "stinkin thinkin" that might have resulted from "poor me", I can't eat anything...and then binged later on. I was happy with my decision and counted the day yellow.
Mimi
Sounds like a good plan!

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri May 22, 2009 4:36 pm

I think party attendance is a very legitimate S event!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Update... tired and want to go home. Bored at work. I am loving the Jillian Michaels workouts. They are really challenging but I like a challenge. But they're not overwhelming like P90X. And I am so sweaty after the 20 minutes that I HAVE to take a shower. It's pretty relaxing... working out hard, warm shower, then making dinner & watching the Simpsons. Ahh, I love my life after work.

I have officially started my new art project. Took about an hour to do all the math involved with gridding my paper. Today I might start the basic sketch.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue May 26, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm doing pretty good today! Did good all weekend, too. I was 147 EVEN today. I am weighing too much, I'll pull back.

Anyway, here's today

B: Oatmeal
L: Pizza (2 pieces with tomatoes, no sauce, and a little cheese)
Sn: cheese or yogurt
D: Chicken tacos

My husband requested tacos for tonight. I really don't like using beef because it is SOOO fattening, and chicken is so much better for you, I believe. So I'm going to try boiling chicken and pulling it into shreds. We'll see how that goes, as I've never shredded chicken before. Should be fun! :)

I just realized my last weigh in was 147.2. Is this the beginning of some slow weight loss??

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 27, 2009 3:20 pm

I've been doing okay (I guess)

Today:
Cereal
Chicken Cesar Salad
Cheese/Yogurt
Tuna Quiche w/side ceasar

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 pm

146.6 today! I am loving Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's so challenging, she basically packs in a lot of exercises into 20 minutes by giving you NO breaks. I am so sweaty after doing it..!

Today:
Cereal 140
Chicken Ceasar Salad & yogurt 260
Pizza - 2 slices - maybe about 600-800?
Cake! 300???

My niece is "graduating" from pre-school today and my sister is just having a little get-together with some cake and maybe my mom is making brownies. I guess I will have one piece of cake...

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu May 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Nicole, just wanted to say that I read every word of your "journal". Had to smile when I read (way back there) that your undies were getting loose but it was okay to say so as nobody was reading.

You sound delightful and I wish you much luck with your marriage, job and life in general.

Continued good health to you,

SR :?

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu May 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Yes - have that piece of cake - but make sure to stop at one piece! I have been trying to do that because in the long run I know that this has to be a lifestyle that I can maintain for the rest of my life. Nothing else I've tried has met that criteria!
Mimi

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 1:48 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:Nicole, just wanted to say that I read every word of your "journal". Had to smile when I read (way back there) that your undies were getting loose but it was okay to say so as nobody was reading.

You sound delightful and I wish you much luck with your marriage, job and life in general.

Continued good health to you,

SR :?
Lol, that was a funny post... I remember that. Hopefully this time if I really lose weight, I'll be able to keep it off. I was living with my in-laws before and now that I am the head-chef of my household, I feel A LOT more in control. It's great! :) Thank you for the wishes of luck!! :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 1:49 pm

mimi wrote:Yes - have that piece of cake - but make sure to stop at one piece! I have been trying to do that because in the long run I know that this has to be a lifestyle that I can maintain for the rest of my life. Nothing else I've tried has met that criteria!
Mimi
Yesh, that's the plan - and I'll keep your post in my mind to keep me in line so I can tell you tomorrow that I did it! :) I can't wait to see my family tonight - my niece is so delightful, she's like the light of my life lol.

vmelo

Post by vmelo » Thu May 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Nichole, I think you're doing great, and it's really fun to read your check-in. I wish I had discovered an eating plan as simple as No-S when I was your age. It would have saved me a lot of angst from regains. Also, those regains have really taken their toll on my body. This is probably too much information, but frequently losing and regaining weight is not a pretty picture on a large-chested woman like me. Just some further encouragement for you to keep doin' what you're doin'.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks!!! I'm glad people are enjoying reading my check in... I just write the way I talk.

Tomorrow, my brother and I are going to Friendly's, then to see Up!... I just looked up their nutrition guide:

http://www.friendlys.com/pdf/nutrition/ ... erMenu.pdf

It's not pretty. Even the salads have 700+ calories. Yikes.

I think my day may play out like this:

Cereal 140
Chicken Ceasar Salad 170
Grilled Chicken Deluxe - 640 with Fries - 330

That's 1280 in cals.. I may throw a yogurt in there in the afternoon. I just don't want to totally deny myself a fun meal b/c then I'll never be able to stick to eating well.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Awesome work, Nichole !

Yeah, just last night I was watching a tv show and there was a segment on food that is served in restaurant, LOTS of calories, salt, sugar, etc. It was pretty scary ! Hard to make healthy food choices in many cases.

They were sayin' there should be a law where they have to write it down in the menu, how many calories and the description of the content, sodium and whatnot. I'd vote for that even if I hardly ever go to the restaurant, maybe once a month and then I regret it, getting a red, lol ! ;-)

There's a lot of opposition by the restaurant industry sayin' it would be too complicated, wink-wink,, probably more because it would make the customer think twice about ordering 16 Buffalo wings instead of 8 ... heh.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 05/23/2009 : 216.2 pounds
6 months 23 days / 63.8 pounds

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu May 28, 2009 5:28 pm

I dunno, restaurants in other countries with much lower obesity rates than ours don't write nutrition information on their menus, and people seem to do fine. I just try to stay out of chain restaurants (OK, except for CPK -- my kid LOVES that place) and ask for a to-go box if the serving's too huge.

Mostly, I think the food at the big chains pretty much sucks. Olive Garden, bleah.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Some restaurants post it online in pdf form (like Friendly's), which I think is GREAT! It has definitely helped me. But some restaurants like the Cheesecake Factory refuse to print it at all. They only give official numbers for their cheesecakes (which are ridiculous, btw).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Okay, my weight went back up a little but I'm not concerned. It could be anything. Plus I didn't exercise yesterday. I'm just going to keep going. Anyway, today:

Cereal
Chicken Ceasar Salad
Yogurt
Chicken Sammie at Friendly's

I think I'll not eat my fries - I don't need the 350 calories!!!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat May 30, 2009 1:46 pm

145.6 today! Yesterday must have been water weight or the fact that I ate my dessert really late? Anyway, that delights me to pieces. Something that I am doing is working! I am not doing much today besides exercising and maybe going over my inlaws to discuss an upcoming change in our life.. We just moved into an apartment in March but we might take advantage of the $8000 credit from Obama and get a house. *sigh* I should be excited but I hate moving.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:50 pm

I am feeling discouraged b/c right when I thought I was getting somewhere, I am up a pound. 146.6.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: I had a frappuccino
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup & maybe yogurt
Dinner: Buffalo chicken wrap salad (though I won't add much wrap since one wrap has 200 calories)...

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Don't get discouraged! Go back in the book and read the section on putting the scale in perspective. I did, and it helped tremendously to align my thinking about the implications from a number on the scale. Reinhard recommends weighing on three consecutive days and taking an average to get a truer picture of your pounds. I'm going to begin doing that each month.
Mimi :D

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Okay.. :) I don't want to give up. The way I figure it, it's better to watch your weight and maintain then give up and gain... Though I'd like to lose, if I maintain, that's better than gaining.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Ew, I ate canned Chicken Noodle Soup (Cambell's) and it has not agreed with me, yuck...... And it tasted pretty nasty. I didn't have enough romaine or any chicken to make a salad or sandwich for lunch, so I had to get something from 7-11 when I got my skim milk for the week. Blah!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Nichole wrote:Ew, I ate canned Chicken Noodle Soup (Cambell's) and it has not agreed with me, yuck...... And it tasted pretty nasty. I didn't have enough romaine or any chicken to make a salad or sandwich for lunch, so I had to get something from 7-11 when I got my skim milk for the week. Blah!
Also, here's my MAY HABIT CAL: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... Exercising

I guess as of this morning I am down 3.4 lbs.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 am

146 today...

Anyway, here's my plan:
Total w/skim milk
Chicken Caesar Salad
Strawberry Yogurt
Shrimp Scampi w/whole wheat pasta

Pretty yummy day! :) Also, I will do 30 minutes on the bike. Did Jillian Michaels, 30 Day Shred, level 2 yesterday. It's so challenging. I do think my body is definitely changing. :) My pants are fitting better and my abs look more defined.

Here is what my weight loss looks like:

5.18.09 150
5.21.09 148
5.22.09 147.2
5.26.09 147
5.28.09 146.6
5.30.09 145.6
6.1.09 146.6
6.2.09 146

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:25 am

This morning I was 145.2! :)

Today:

Cereal
Salad.. don't know which kind I'll buy yet, perhaps the chef's salad.
Blueberry Yogurt
Tuna Quiche w/ceasar salad

And Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Level 2.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Change of plans. I will miss the Traveling Gourmet today for a stupid meeting and he'll be gone by the time I"m out soo..........

Breakfast: 1/2 a bagel with a pad of butter- I never tried just eating half before. Amazingly, it filled me!
Lunch: Cereal, skim milk
Snack: Blueberry Yogurt
Dinner: 2 pieces of Tuna Quiche, ceasar salad, emphasis on the salad

EDIT- 1:30 PM - SO FAR SO GOOD! I can't wait to go home and since I am getting out at 3, I only have 1.5 hours left! yes!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:42 pm

I feel like I should be celebrating that I'm finally only 5 pounds of my goal weight of 140! I feel like I can do it this time!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 pm

145 even today! Woohooo! :) I am already worried about maintainence. I guess I HAVE to eat smallish meals for the rest of my life if I am going to be the weight I want. *sigh* But the upside is, I hope I will feel more comfortable in my clothes and body, which makes it all worth it.

In the process of buying a house, which I havent told ANYONE except Justin. His parents know b/c they are helping us with the money we don't have. Obama is helping us with the tax credit. That is stressful and I am just trying not to resort to eating food to help me out.

I haven't had ice cream in so long.. well unless you count the teaspoon or two every night. I think I will have some on Saturday night or Friday night, dunno yet :).

By the way, I have had 3 green days for both exercise and food :)
Last edited by Nichole on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Wow, way to go. We share the same goal weight so perhaps we can encourage each other.

I, too, worry about maintenance. I have always had NO trouble losing weight but then I get there and,

well, what?

Do I eat more at each meal, do I eat more meals, do I add snacks?

We shall see.

Again congrats.

(are you like me, trying on all those "snug" clothes that finally are feeling good again?)

SR :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Hmmmmm. Well, I did try on my 7/8 jeans the other day and they fit, still a little tight though. But then again, they are OLD as the hills! And they fit better as the day went on and they stretched.

Something that sucks is I bought lovely size 10 and size 11 Levi's jeans (the 11s were juniors, lol) from Kohls and they were loose from the beginning. I didn't take into account that they were stretch and realized they were too big after wearing them a whole day... And now I guess they'll be REALLY loose. *sigh* I can't win. lol.

And I guess I am just going to try to eat this way for a while, see how it goes. I am planning a high calorie day in a couple of days, some ice cream. I do eat snacks already - just yogurt mostly - to help keep up my energy in the afternoon. Maintainence will be interesting.
Last edited by Nichole on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Maybe like doing Vanilla No-S at the very beginning...make one addition/change, try it for 21 days, and see what happens. Then make further adjustments as needed, one by one? I don't know...I've lost weight countless times before, but have never been able to maintain it.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm

mimi wrote:Maybe like doing Vanilla No-S at the very beginning...make one addition/change, try it for 21 days, and see what happens. Then make further adjustments as needed, one by one? I don't know...I've lost weight countless times before, but have never been able to maintain it.
I would never do Vanilla no-s. I have tried it before. I get that starved feeling between lunch and dinner - that is not a good feeling to me! Plus I exercise at least a half hour 5 days a week, sometimes 6. So I do 3 meals and a snack. I avoid Ses on the weekend b/c I go crazy and I find it counter productive. But I do treat myself about once a week. And it works, I've been losing about a pound a week :)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm

The vanilla No S way to maintain is ... to just keep doing No S with no changes. The theory is that following the rules will get you to a healthy weight, and no lower, because you really aren't restricting calories beyond what your body needs to stay at a lean healthy weight.

So maybe for maintenance, try having two S days a week, on the weekends, for a month, and then see where you are at the end of the month? That alone might be enough to stabilize you?

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Well, I am not at my goal weight yet so I am not going to change anything for now. :)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:16 pm

I figure there's NO WAY I have to worry about getting TOO thin, so wherever I end up doing what I'm doing now is maintenance by default. But yeah, I'm a long way from having to worry about it at present.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Thalia wrote:I figure there's NO WAY I have to worry about getting TOO thin, so wherever I end up doing what I'm doing now is maintenance by default. But yeah, I'm a long way from having to worry about it at present.
I had that thought too! lol.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm

I just realized I have an appt on the 22nd of June.... I'll be about 8 lbs less than the last time I went. I talked to her about my weight and my doc suggested eating Total for breakfast and going on South Beach. And while I'm eating a lot of salad, I am NOT on South Beach. And I have been eating Total for breakfast most days :).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 am

I made chicken taco salad for dinner and it was absolutely delicious! I only used salsa as dressing - ten calories per two tablespoons. Grrreat! I loaded it up with tomato, onion, romaine lettuce, and a couple tortilla shells crunched up. No sour cream and very little Mexican cheese made it a low cal treat!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:01 pm

Weigh in: 144.4 lbs. :)

TODAY'S PLAN:

Total w/skim
Small taco salad
Personal, homemade pizza
I can't decide if I want plain cheese or buffalo chicken w/onions (YUM!)

Instead of making myself a large pizza and eating left over for days, I am only going to make myself a 6" pizza that I can devour and fit on my plate :D. I'll save the other half of the dough for next week.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:47 am

Making only a 6" pizza (well I stretched it to be more like 8") was a great success. No leftover high cal pizza to eat for days - and it's not just high call, it's boring to eat pizza 3 days in a row! Anyway, I was green all week. Feeling kind of down right now though, for personal reasons (I wish I had more friends to do the things I want to do with and that my best friend didn't live 2 hours away).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:37 pm

I am debating about letting myself have a treat tonight.... I have been steadily and slowly losing weight and I guess the increase in calories for one day wouldn't hurt? hmm.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:53 am

Today was a good day..... I did not overeat (in fact I had two yummy salads) and even had a treat! A small Hawaiian Blizzard... Vanilla soft serve, banana, and coconut. No chocoate, so it wasn't so outrageous in calories, but a treat all the same :) justin was "bad" and got a large Brownie Batter Blizzard. The thing has more calories in it than I eatin one day! - about 1360!! Jeez. lol.

I also exercised on the bike for 40 minutes. I was going to rest today but I'm not going to exercise tomorrow.. I am going to a ballet in Philadelphia with my mom. Then we're going to the Hard Rock Cafe. We're walking, it's only a half mile - so I guess I will be exercising! I think I might get the Veggie burger. It comes with a salad, not fries, and supposedly the patty is FRESH! I like veggie burgers once in a while.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah, veggie burgers are yummy. The ballet sounds like such a nice way to spend a Sunday...

Sounds like you are doing so well, you don't sound stressed, you don't sound like a "dieter" at all, just a person making wise food and exercise choices, even on the weekends.

A person I am trying to be. :lol:

Enjoy your day.

SR

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks! It was an awesome day... We took the train in so we didn't have to worry about the stress of traffic. What a relief. I ended up getting a salad rather than the veggie burger...

After we got home, we went to Brusster's and my mom treated. I was going to get a small ice cream, but they had sugar-free frozen yogurt that was only 90 cals for a small. The ad had a list of things to put on top, one of which was strawberries. That sounded delicious, so that's what I got. Wasn't as good as chocolate ice cream, but it was still yummy!!

Today I was 144 EVEN today! *Happy Dance*. I've officially lost 6 pounds!

Here are my stats (I didnt start recording til 148 (no reason), but I was 150 before that):
5.21.09 148
5.22.09 147.2
5.26.09 147
5.28.09 146.6
5.30.09 145.6
6.1.09 146.6
6.2.09 146
6.3.09 145.2
6.4.09 145
6.5.09 144.8
6.7.09 144.6
6.8.09 144

Today's PLAN!
-Half a blueberry bagel with a little cream cheese
-Chef Salad from Traveling Gourmet (yum!)
-Yogurt if needed
-Buffalo Chicken Salad

Exercise:
Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred", Level 2

I have to go to ACME today - blaaah.
Last edited by Nichole on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:49 am

Congratulations Nicole! You're doing awesome! You certainly motivate me!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks! It's hard to stay motivated.. sometimes I read other people's check ins who are doing really well and sometimes I'll find a rerun of the Biggest Loser, which helps too.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I ordered a bathing suit and cover up and I really hope they look okay!

BATHING SUIT
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerc ... rfnbr=1060

COVER UP
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerc ... rfnbr=1339

They're both from Victoria's Secret. I really hope the underwire gives me the support I need. I tried on two suits I already own and they're cheapos - one is from Old Navy - and it has no lining and no support, so I look sloppy. I don't like looking sloppy.. I can't wait til they arrive!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 pm

143.2 today! Woo hoooo. I can hardly believe it. I'll be at my goal in no time. I am excited that I've found a way to eat that works for me and doesn't leave me feeling deprived. Basically small portions of what I normally eat, no ice cream and no coffee loaded with half-and-half. Plus, a once a week or so treat.

Today's Plan:
Total w/skim
Salad - romaine, fat-free ranch, buffalo chicken and a cheese stick
Yogurt if needed
Shrimp and broccoli w/rice pilaf

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm so tickled for you!!

marleah

Post by marleah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Great job! That suit is adorable!
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Thanks guys!

I'm anxiously awaiting the suit.. I got a great deal. It was already on sale, plus they had a coupon code for an additional 30% off!

Here is my weight loss chart:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:09 pm

It's strange, I've gone from 150 to 143 and I haven't seen a difference in the mirror. My clothes fit better, I guess, but I don't see it.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Loved the suit Nicole, bet you will look great.

You are doing MAHVELOUS.. I know what you mean. I am starting to see the abs under the flab, just starting.

They say that is why it is so important to exercise regardless of your weight because then when you reach goal, you will see the results

Way to go!

:wink:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Hmmm, never thought of it like that!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm back up to 144 today.. I am still so happy just to be below 145 for some reason. Sometimes my weight will go back up and then next thing I know it I'm losing again. Maybe it's that I recommit and be more vigilant or if it was natural weight fluctuation. Either way, I'm not stressing.

I got an email confirmation that my suit has shipped, yaaay! :)

Food:
Total w/skim
Sandwich - whole grain bread, chicken, romaine
3 crackers b/c I was still hungry
Qdoba Mexican Grill - taco salad, no shell, with romaine, chicken, black beans, salsa. Yum!

Also, I am getting my hair cut today.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:24 am

I feel mad at my sister.

She gives me no credit. I mentioned that I've lost 6 or 7 lbs and what does she say? "You're young, you have a better metabolism than me." This makes me SPITTING MAD because I have been watching my calories and working out hard. I don't have sweets, I don't have seconds, and I hardly snack. She gives me no credit. She's said this in the past when I lost weight with No-S before. I guess it's just jealousy, but still. We weren't even talking about her. Why can't she just be like, "that's awesome, good job!" Whatever.

Here's the kicker. I went into her house today and what's on her counter? Homemade brownies, Munchkins, and chocolate chip cookies. And she wonders why she doesn't lose weight? Meanwhile, I don't keep that kind of temptation in my house. Whatever!

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:07 am

My sisters are far away - one in Connecticut and the other on Long Island...you're really very lucky. I wish I could see mine more. Don't stay mad too long.

Did your suit come yet? Just got my ring and I LOVE it! :D

Mimi

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:40 am

I'm not so much mad as annoyed I guess. I just wish she could see that I work hard and if she did the same, she'd lose too.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 pm

I was 144 again today. Didn't get to work out yesterday.

TODAY:
Cereal
Salad - lite ceasar w/chicken
Tuna quiche w/salad

Exercise: Jillian Michaels (25 minutes), bike (15 minutes)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:49 pm

You are doing everything right, letting your body accept the new weight. Isn't it great to be closer to the 140 mark than the 150? I mean, saying I weighed 140 something sounded so much better than 150 something.

Even if the numbers were 149 and 151.

:lol:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Very true statements! :) I'm just going to keep plugging on because I feel good, I don't feel deprived, and I may still lose weight! Two days of the same weight isn't a big deal.

Plus, my sister's scale said I was 142! ???

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 am

I'm still holding steady at 144. But could it be because of an impending you-know-what that should arrive tomorrow?

Today:
Small non-fat latte and 1/2 Blueberry bagel
Taco Salad - chicken, salsa, a few chips, a little cheese
Sugar Free Pudding (60 calories)
Personal Pizza

And that's it! :)

Oh and for exercise I'm either doing Jillian Michaels + 15 minutes on the bike or 45 minutes on the bike. Haven't decided yet.

On an unrelated note, I have to take my car in to get inspected and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:57 pm

My goal is to be able to announce on Facebook that I've lost 10 lbs. I hope to get there soon!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:01 am

I'm 143 today! :) I'm only 8 pounds heavier than I was in high school as of right now. Wonder if I'll lose those 8 pounds? I'm going to get my exercise out of the way now because I think we're going to be spending most of the day at my husband's parent's house.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

YEAH, I thought about you earlier this morning. Seriously - I really care about the people I post with.

So, your body has accepted the fact that you do not want to be 144 anymore.

WAY to go...And, of course you will lose those 8 pounds.....

Have a great day.

SR :wink:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Aw I care about the people I post w/too. I read your check-ins and a few other people's check-ins.. sometimes I don't say anything b/c I don't have anything TO say, but I do read them :).

I think that I was also maybe affected by.. you know.. that time.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:17 pm

This is what my chart looks like now:

I am not happy with it. I stayed steady at 144 for a few days, got down to 143 again, then this morning I am 144 again. It is very discouraging. I sometimes get full of self-hate. I hate my big thighs, my the extra weight on my tummy and on my arms. I go on a message board for Jon and Kate Plus 8 and some people think that she's heavy and other mean things like saying her legs are like "tree stumps". If SHE'S heavy, there's no hope for me.

My new bathing suit... it's okay, very pretty, but very clingy. I feel like it's clinging to my fat! ugh. Justin says I look great in it. I just don't want to be the person you observe on the beach that you think to yourself, "oh she's too big for that suit, she should have gotten a different one."

I am not in a good place today! lol.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Now, now, my little Nicole simply must stop with that defeatist attitude.

Look at my June challenge - I have been 142, 141, 140 back and forth - back and forth all month

except today I am 139 (can I say I weight 130 something,,, :D )

I imagine I will be back at 141 in a day or so.

It is the long term trend, you don't weigh 148 anymore, do you?

Your body will hold onto this weight until you convince it that you are not going to maintain at that level - by eating well and exercising.

You CANNOT go wrong if you do right.

Someday soon your body will say OKAY - you weigh 142....

(And I am sure you look gorgeous in your suit but I hear ya. I see every little bit of flab when I try on anything.)

SR

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:48 pm

I think part of being moderate, honestly, is having moderate expectations -- which is really hard, because we as a society are pretty nuts about women's bodies. It's crazy that we are told we're hideous and fat and unspeakably ugly if we don't look like a movie starlet with an army of personal trainers and an eating disorder!

Please don't let a number on a scale affect how you feel about yourself, or make your body your enemy. Look at your profile pic -- you are a BEAUTIFUL woman.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry about the post, it was a bad morning. My husband made me feel a little better.

Most of my clothes ARE way baggy, so it's not as if those 6 or 7 lbs haven't made a difference - they have! I just get into the bad habit of seeing some progress, then picturing myself looking like an athelete with no fat at all. I guess I have to stop wishing for that b/c it probably won't happen. Many times the people in incredible shape have the time to do recreational sports, and hours at the gym. I only put 25-50 minutes in a day and there is no way I'm gonna try for more than that..

Tonight I think I might just get some stuff done around our home since I worked out for many days straight (not sure how many, haven't updated my habit cal).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:57 am

That must have been water weight? because today I am 142.8. :) Yaaay. Right now I'm sipping some fat free hot chocolate, mmm.

TODAY:
Better N Eggs plus cheese
Chicken Ceasar Salad - with home cooked chicken! Made it on the side last night because we couldn't use the amount of chicken I had thawed.
Yogurt
Shrimp Scampi w/whole wheat linguini (yum!)

EDIT: Those eggs for breakfast did not fill me for very long! I was hungry two hours later! So I had a tiny bit of cereal. (I'm not doing strict no-s, more like calorie counting w/No-S principles to make it easier).

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Updated chart:

I lost some more weight! The scale said 141.6 this morning. I did a double take. I stepped off and weight twice and it said 141.6 again. Yaay.

Today:

Latte Lite
Cereal
Salad
? from TGI Fridays. I either want the turkey burger or their strawberry fields chicken salad. It sounds soooo good:

Sauteed Chicken served over mixed field greens parmesan cheese and glaze pecans tossed in balsamic vinagrette dressing topped with fresh balsamic marinated strawberries and shaved parmesan cheese.

I am meeting my mom at the mall; really looking forward to it. It's going to be just me and her because my sister has a Phillies game to go to :). We're going to meet at Fridays and use their buy one, get one free coupon (it's available on their web site). So we'll probably split the bill. Then I need to get new mascara b/c mine is clumpy (I've had it since December) and a little white cardigan for a rehearsal dinner on Friday.

By the way, I won't be on much this weekend because we are going to a wedding in Virginia, so I'll be w/o No-S.com for Friday-Sunday.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 pm

That's great.

(I love when I'm right - it happens so seldom :lol: )

SR

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:06 pm

A wedding in Virginia - yay! If I was at home, I'd tell you to stop on by! :D

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

I forgot to tell you Nicole that I made your mother-in-law's Tuna Quiche over the weekend and my lttle granddaughter ate TWO helpings of it! She called it *tuna pie* - BTW I liked it too! Thanks for sharing!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

mimi wrote:I forgot to tell you Nicole that I made your mother-in-law's Tuna Quiche over the weekend and my lttle granddaughter ate TWO helpings of it! She called it *tuna pie* - BTW I liked it too! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome!!! It's sooo good. :) You're welcome..!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 pm

StrawberryRoan wrote:That's great.

(I love when I'm right - it happens so seldom :lol: )

SR
lol! I'm sure that's not true.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 pm

My husband loves Tuna Quiche so much, he eats half the pie every time:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 am

Okay, the scale said 140.8 this morning?? I have no idea what's happening, it seems to be coming off too fast/all at once all of a sudden.

Plan:
-Cereal
-Salad from Traveling Gourmet - yaaay, they're so much better than my salads
-Yogurt if needed (probably will be)
-Tuna Quiche w/Ceasar Salad

And doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. :) Level 2. I'm scared of trying Level 3, and Level 2 is still very challenging.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm really in the mood for a rice krispy treat.......... but I'm trying to stay strong b/c I know I'll be having wedding cake on Saturday! (mmmmm)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am

I'm 142 today... 2 lbs away from my goal weight... These last few pounds are being a pain.

I have to go to the doctor's today, and if I get weighed in, she'll really be impressed. I think I was like 154 last time I was there.

Today:
Cereal
Chicken Ceasar Salad
Chicken Taco Salad

I also want to report that my clothes are fitting so well! I have this really cool Beatles t-shirt that was a little snug when I first got it and now I have plenty of extra room - it's comfy. I'm wearing a pair of khaki capris right now that were sooo snug at the beginning of May that I couldn't wear them. And now I am :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 pm

You are doing GGRREEAATT...

It does feel good to fit into clothes that you love but they didn't love you, isn't it?

Bet the doctor will be very impressed...

SR :wink:

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 am

Bravo Nicole! Can't wait to hear what your doctor had to say!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am

Hmmm, the nurse weighed me but didn't say anything lol. She probably didn't notice.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am

Or she was jealous :D

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 am

Lol, she's a pleasant lady and a healthy weight. Usually I have to ask them what my chart said last time, lol.

Today's plan:
-Total cereal with a little milk and a banana
-Chicken sammie on wheat bread with a little bbq sauce and a little blue cheese crumbles (mmm!) and romaine. The chicken is home cooked, left over from last night.
-Yogurt with FRESH strawberries
-Shrimp and broccoli with a little rice pilaf

Experimenting with incorporating fruits into my diet today.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:01 pm

In general, I think doctors and nurses should keep their mouths shut about patients' weight unless it is alarming (like a sudden unplanned loss) or affecting their health in some way, so maybe she is just following that excellent rule.
Last edited by Thalia on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah me too. I work for ADVANCE for Nurses and just read an article about that.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 am

I need to bust through my plateau! Or maybe I don't. Maybe 142 is a good weight? I just don't like the fact that if I fluctuate up, it'll be around 145 or something. Sometimes I wonder if I even need to lose the last 2 lbs. I wonder this because my clothes all fit great. I'm wearing a pair of pants that are usually so snug I can't breathe. But now they're comfortable with a little extra room. Who knows? I also have the feeling I've been sneaking too much, but then again supposedly my calorie count has been fine, so...?

Tonight I'm going to see Transformers 2 with my in-laws and my husband. :) I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it, but then I watched a few clips on Fandango and was convinced. :D

TODAY:
Latte lite, small (90 calories)
Half everything bagel with sugar free jam (150 calories)
Small portion of shrimp & broccoli with half cup of rice pilaf (approx. 285)
Yogurt (90 calories)
Dinner - don't know yet. Might get Chinese food, in which case I may get steamed chicken and vegetables, small.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Enjoy the movie. Sounds like fun. I am anxiously awaiting the new Johnny Depp movie where he plays Dillinger. I don't like everything he does but I think he would be great as a slick gangster. I am so old I remember him from 21 Jump Street and he honestly doesn't look much older :roll:

Re, your weight - your body is replacing fat with muscle so you are actually much smaller at 142 than you might have been had you not been exercising.

However, I see you at 138!

honest.

:wink:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Hmmmmmmm. 138 would be nice. We'll see.

I'm even more excited about tonight b/c my husb is picking up Salad Works.. yaaay! I've wanted a salad from there for a long, long time now but it's not in a convenient place. I'm having the buffalo chicken salad with lite ranch dressing. Mmm. I'll skip the roll, which is almost 200 calories! I definitely won't be depriving myself, though, because their salads are plenty filling.

For exercise today, I will do the 30 day shred and 10 minutes on the bike.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:53 pm

143.4 today! Whaaaat! I must be doing something wrong. Frustrated.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Nicole, remember the section in Reinhard's book where he cautions about using the scale as your sole metric. Your weight fluctuates greatly from day to day, as you now full well know, and it can make you crazy! He suggests weighing each day for three days and then taking an average to get a truer picture of your weight. This is what I'm doing at at the beginning of each month since the scale and I have never had a very healthy relationship.
Since you exercise regularly, check to see how your clothes are fitting and how you look when you are in front of a full length mirror. These checks will probably give you a more accurate picture of your progress than the scale.
These are just some suggestions that helped me to not *weigh so heavily* (no pun intended :lol: ) on my scales and the number it shows me each time I step on.