~ Reviving Renee ~

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

buttercreampillow

Post by buttercreampillow » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 am

I can chime in on scale obsession. Even now that I put the darn thing under the bed, I can still see an edge poking out and it calls to me. The scale has a lot of power over me. :roll:

buttercreampillow
Last edited by buttercreampillow on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natural Eater

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I did get out the tape measure. It's reassuring because I know that I'm at least not gaining weight. I have clothes that are out of style but now fit that have been in my closet for a few years. What I have to remind myself over and over and over again is that almost no one loses weight permanently without making it their life mission to combat the constant feeling of starvation. I've heard from podcasts on the Rudd Center that some experts think it is impossible to lose more than 10% of your body weight and keep it off without having it be an incredible strain on you. Well, huh, I've lost 8% of my body weight. I have to keep things in perspective. Quick weight loss is not the great prize. Easy weight maintenance is.
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:57 pm

I can't get past the "I want it all gone NOW" mode. I'm impatient and I don't quit. I think that's what's getting me past my plateau that I always have bounced up from. We'll see.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

By the way... I'm down 4 for the month so far :D
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 pm

I just noticed that I'm on day 29 of a green streak. I passed 21 and flew right on past! I'll go for another 21 consecutive... ooooo! When it's a normal week with the kids at school... I've got it. When they are home, either on the weekends or summer, I have no spine.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm

You are doing great! WTG. I keep trying and hope the scale keeps making a slow downward descent ~ telling myself, just focus each day on making good choices/habits. This is our new lifestyle :D :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:28 am

thank you! ... making good habits... making good habits...making good habits... (telling myself)
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:22 pm

cookies
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm

3/17/09 - start 0 again
4/3/09 - down 10
5/1/09 - down 14 (but I got a new scale that reads 3 pounds off of the last, so actually 3 more lost from now on)
5/29/09 - down 16
6/26/09 - down 18 Slowing, so I reset my goal got to 20 and bounced.. again...and again...and again. I have for years.
7/31/09 - down 18 I seem to only be able to maintain this summer. Difficult temptations when the kids are around.
8/28/09 - down 20
9/25/09 - goal: down 25 --- I did it a week early!!!!
10/30/09- goal: down 30
11/27/09- goal: down 35
12/25/09- goal: down 40
1/25/10 - goal: down 45
2/26/10 - goal: down 50
3/26/010- goal: down 55 I'd like to be down 55 by St.Patrick's day.
4/30/10 - goal: down 60
5/28/10 - goal: down 65
next summer ultimate goal - down 70

I got to my goal early!!!!!

I'm so so so so so so so happy!
Please pray for me

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 pm

You mentioned in a couple of posts how much easier it is when the kids are not around. I have noticed that the afternoons are the most difficult time for me. I know part of it is I'm tired from work, but part of it is also that I pick my son up on the way home and he's justifiably hungry - so I fix him a snack - usually something very nice - his latest favourite is whole milk greek yogurt with a little honey, fresh strawberries and grated dark chocolate on top. It's tough not to have some, too :)

I have managed to avoid it this week - though he hasn't had such good snacks lately, other than homemade chocolate zucchini muffins. But tomorrow *I'm* having one, too :)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 pm

I don't know why it's so much harder with the kids around. I guess I started getting them snacks 16 1/2 years ago and now that I have 4 kids, and they can get their own when hungry... you'd think I'd be o.k. but if I see it, I want it. With their crazy schedules they eat supper in shifts, so I have to see it twice. :?
Please pray for me

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 am

Congrats on reaching your goal early! WooHoo!
5'9 -- Laura --

Started July 23, 2009 -- 246.6
Restart: June 13, 2010 - 241.6
July 18, 2010 -- 235 .... - 11.6 lb loss in ~1 yr.
Back Again: January 13, 2012 -- 242.2 lbs

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 pm

my weight still rollercoasters on the weekend by at least 5 pounds, but the trend is going steadily down. :D My official weigh in is on Friday, so I really want to do well this week.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 pm

I had to make cookies today for several events and instead of making several different things and snitching my way through the whole afternoon I... made one tripple batch (of my famous ginger cookies) and I didn't even snitch one single solitary nibble of the stuff. Now let me tell you, I've been baking cookies since I was 9 and cookie dough is my favorite snitch in the entire blue and green earth... and I had not even one tiny crumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

That's definitely a first and worthy of applause!!!!!!!!!!! yea me! :wink:

Oh, and I put a photo of myself on my sparkpage on sparkpeople (same name)... don't know if I want to here yet... ha! ...or if I even can... I'm electronically challenged.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm

You can look at my picture with my beautiful cast on my thread...I'm going to go see if I can find yours!

Mimi :D

P.S. And what a coup with the cookie dough and your *snitchless* afternoon of baking! You rock Renee!

I found it! You're lovely, but I already knew that (i didn't picture you as a blond, for some reason!)
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:09 am

Go you! Making cookies and no snitches! Really doubt I could do that.
5'9 -- Laura --

Started July 23, 2009 -- 246.6
Restart: June 13, 2010 - 241.6
July 18, 2010 -- 235 .... - 11.6 lb loss in ~1 yr.
Back Again: January 13, 2012 -- 242.2 lbs

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:28 pm

mimi wrote: I found it! You're lovely, but I already knew that (i didn't picture you as a blond, for some reason!)
Thank you Mimi... and didn't you notice I was dizzy? I just had to say that because I come from a long line of blonds and have all brown haired kids which tease me about the dizzy blond thing. Actually I have an inner ear issue going on right now and I am actually dizzy and on meds for that :? so it doesn't help matters any. :roll:

I am down 6 for the month, so I met my goal of 5 for the weigh-day today!!! And I have to say that Marc's saying that I was setting too high of a goal really kicked me into gear... just don't tell him.

Wooo hoo!

so I'll post my progress here on weigh day...

3/17/09 - start 0 again
4/3/09 - down 10
5/1/09 - down 14 (but I got a new scale that reads 3 pounds off of the last, so actually 3 more lost from now on)
5/29/09 - down 16
6/26/09 - down 18 Slowing, so I reset my goal got to 20 and bounced.. again...and again...and again. I have for years.
7/31/09 - down 18 I seem to only be able to maintain this summer. Difficult temptations when the kids are around.
8/28/09 - down 20
9/25/09 - goal: down 26 yea me!!!
10/30/09- goal: down 30
11/27/09- goal: down 35
12/25/09- goal: down 40
1/25/10 - goal: down 45
2/26/10 - goal: down 50
3/26/010- goal: down 55 I'd like to be down 55 by St.Patrick's day (my birthday).
4/30/10 - goal: down 60
5/28/10 - goal: down 65
next summer ultimate goal - down 70
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:52 am

Hum, oh yeah .. your goal was really too high, Renee ...
;-)

This is awesome ! Just what I like to see, working really hard and achieving your goal ... wow ! I was just thinking it would be hard to achieve, not impossible - - as long as you put in the effort.

Impressive work, Renee.

Your goal for the month of october seems just a lil' too high though, you might want to reconsider ... *wink* *wink* ... ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Ha!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:05 pm

a little over the top this weekend, but still lower than last weekend. When ever I finally reach my goal, I will totally have to stop weighing in on the weekends. Too depressing.

I'm not going to issue a challenge for October... I seem to be doing a more extreme version of no S and I'm trying to not think about food so much. So for October I'm trying a month without a challenge.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

I just had to take in tucks in my favorite jeans... headed to the store for some that fit! :wink:
Please pray for me

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Congratulations! You are inspiring a newbie with a lot of weight to lose; I love the way you were able to stick with this through the months of slow weight loss. It's very helpful to see your loss posted, month after month after month.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah, it's a shame when you are gaining weight on the weekends and then it takes you many days to get back to where you were ... depressing ! This is an issue for me too, I am bad one day and then I struggle to make it back ... something to work on in the future : Avoid bad days where I gain 3-4 pounds at once and I'm home free. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:27 pm

~reneew wrote: I'm not going to issue a challenge for October... I seem to be doing a more extreme version of no S and I'm trying to not think about food so much. So for October I'm trying a month without a challenge.
Just be careful with your *more extreme* version of NoS Renee...don't let it lead you back into *food prison* (as I call it) again!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:30 pm

September

1 green and I am so excited to be starting a new month and it's fall!
2 green cuz I'm on a streak and motivated at the same time.
3 green and I'm mentally preparing for the weekend. I think I'll go re-read the S days gone wild thread again. I could always try duct tape.
4 green of course because I'm on the right track... hopefully not the hidden rollercoaster track
5 S day
6 S day
7 S day I had higher hopes for this weekend including lower case s days (just s events), but overall I didn't do all that bad.
8 green
9 green
10 green and great! I've been doing double green days and it helps to compensate for my rollercoaster weekends.
11 green of course.
12 S day and definitely not lime.
13 S day
14 barely green. The kids have no school today.
15 red failure ... cookies again
16 double green
17 green
18 green
19 S day
20 S day
21 green
22 green
23 green
24 green and tomorrow is weigh day so I'm being a very good girl today!
25 green day and I weighed in at 6 lost this month! I met my goal of 5 pounds this month. I am so pumped!!
26 S day
27 S day
28 green
29 green and my favorite jeans don't fit!!!! woohoo!
30 green and very "in a good groove" right now!

To summarize my month, I've been doing awesome during the week, but weekends with everyone around is still hard, but the damage isn't so severe... still working on it.
Last edited by ~reneew on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks for your concern Mimi... I'm just trying to hold off a bit on my meals when I'm not even hungry. I strongly feel that hunger should be why I eat, that God gave us these bodies and they tell us how much food we should be eating. If we pay attention, we feel hunger and fullness. I've just learned to ignore that. But I know I need to kick the food addiction first, and that no S is helping me with this. I had noticed near the end of summer that I'd continue eating what was on my plate even when I had reached full... 'cuz hey, I can!!! I'm just trying to cue into my hunger and fullness more now. :wink: And it seems to be helping me a lot! :wink:
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am

~reneew wrote:Thanks for your concern Mimi... I'm just trying to cue into my hunger and fullness more now. :wink: And it seems to be helping me a lot! :wink:
Okay! That sounds like a reasonable goal to work on. Many of us have a tendency to eat when we're not even hungry - usually in response to an emotion, or to continue eating when we're full simply because it's on our plate. I completely understand. I'm glad you still allow your S days because complete denial of treats leads to trouble - at least for me!
I tried to weigh this morning, being the first day of Octover, and on all three tries I got an error message on my scale. I guess one-footed weighing doesn't register...probably a good thing for me right now!
Have a great month of October and reaching your new goal - stay in your *groove*!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Thank you Mimi! And you're right... what gets me through the temptations of the week is looking forward to the S days. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I am trying to ignore food and thus... logging on doesn't seem to come to mind. I am still plugging along...
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 pm

So, how's that working for ya?

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Ummm... I guess it's not. I've been gaining. When I don't have kids sick and get to take a breather, I'll need to get a grip and pay attention, huh?
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Alright, I've really been gaining and I think I know my problem. Every Christmas I make homeade carmels and every Christmas I gain weight. Last year it started my gain of 20! So I made them last week thinking that I'd just melt them over apples on S days. Yea right. I ate them all weekend and Monday was a red too. So, I've gained and am ashamed to say how much, but at least I'm learning. I am going to do my old emergency trick and freeze them... then for Christmas, I'll thaw them the Week of Christmas and have a few and share the rest. That way I'll still get them for Christmas (I have since birth 42 years ago) and I won't over do it. Maybe this will be the Christmas that I don't gian 10-20!!!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh, Not good :!: :!: :!: Glad you put them in the freezer, you've made a good choice, now regain focus and don't beat yourself up ~ lets get going again :!: :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I'm back on track, but I need to catch up to where I was. It does come off easier when you've just gained it though. :wink:

Stay on track Renee!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah, I had issues too this past week - - Gained a couple of pounds. I'm back with the old routine now though, lining up the double green days again.

When you did good work in the past though it's easier to get back to where you were, all you have to do is to apply yourself in the next week so you don't lose too much time hanging out at the higher weight, Renee.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 pm

I have been thinking a lot about this... I think that hunger should be why we eat, God made us that way with our own stop and go lights and if we ignore our body's cues we start to get into trouble. I need to listen to my hunger and fullness more, but I have trouble because I need strict rules and I cheat if I just use "satisfied" as a stopper. I've loved the guidelines of the No S diet because you have 1 plate at a time and no snitching or seconds. I do however think that it's o.k. to eat a few carrots at 3:00 pm if I'm really hungry and if I can fit a cookie on my plate, I think that's O.K. too. Also, if I'm obviously full half way through my plate at lunch, I still eat it on no S because it's so long til supper. So, I've been trying a mod to no S which incorporates a bit of the Weighdown diet. Instead of calling it a "mod" and getting a ton of people upset like they did at Marc, I'll just tell you my plan and say that I have started a team on Sparkpeople called One Dish. I am the only member :roll: and I hope others join me... check it out if you want to. I am the same name on there.

Here's my one dish plan:

- wait for your tum to grumble, then you get 1 dish (or plate of any food)
- daily heart and soul exercise (opt.)
- if hunger comes before a planned meal, have 3 bites... on your plate.
(This will help train us to guage our hunger and fullness in relation to what we put on our plate.)

Just think "grumble = dish"

I'd really love it if I had No S friends try it out with me. This is what I've been doing since Sept. 1 when I started to loose faster. I'm going to give my sparkpeople team a try for a while... If it flops, I'll be back. I'll keep tracking on my habit cal just in case.
Last edited by ~reneew on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Renee, I want you to know that I wish you only the best in your endeavors to honor your body, discover what works best for you, and ultimatey lose your unwanted pounds. You are always such a cheery presence on these boards and I will miss you! Good luck and keep in touch with your progress!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh, I tried that diet. Of course... I think I've tried almost every diet on the planet. The Weighdown diet was hands down the worst diet for me. That doesn't mean it would be the worst for you, but it was the worst for me.

What I learned, quite simply, is that eating is also a social event. I would eat whenever my stomach growled, and I would skip meals with my family because my stomach hadn't growled. I was constantly belly gazing, trying to determine if my stomach had growled.

I learned two things I hadn't known before:
1. The stomach makes all sorts of noises that aren't necessarily hunger growls. As my son put it, and this is a paraphrase, "Sometimes your stomach makes noises because it is trying to digest all the food you crammed into it."
2. The stomach will growl due to external cues. I literally would notice my stomach making noises if I was near food or was about to go to a social event.

The end result of three months of this -- a two pound weight loss which was reversed and led to an additional four pound gain in six days. During this diet, I constantly, constantly thought about food. I was obsessed with food, with being near food as soon as my stomach growled, with trying to figure out what noises my stomach was making.

I once noted, in the car, that my stomach had growled. My husband, bless his heart, said, "Stop the car! Emergency!" It was funny, but he was making a point.

There is no self deception with No S. That's what I love about it. It doesn't matter if my stomach has growled or not. I know I will eat to my satisfaction at my next meal, and I can wait until then.

Different strokes for different folks...

Kathleen

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Good luck, ~reneew. Hope whatever you try works for you.

Check in now and then when you have time.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks for your input and support everyone! I think No S is the most normal way to eat and the best way to kick my food addiction. It's been working for me so far, but I keep making the little mod of a few bites, which if under control (3 max) I think are harmless especially if it's healthy food. The weigh down workshop has had great success and I did too with it, but I have a problem stopping and also with eating with a schedule. The combination of the 2 helps me wait until meal time. A cookie if it fits on my plate is fine, I think, and my big problem is salty snacks anyway.
Bluebunny (Marc) was really put down when he made mods and I don't want anyone arguing over what I do, I'm more sensitive. I just need to try to find what works. I'm still a team of 1 :roll: ... I may be back soon. :wink:
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:52 pm

From all my research into what the leading doctors are doing, it is clear that there is no one magic path to permanent weight loss. It's great to hear from you and for us to share our ideas and experiences, but in the end we're all individuals and may need to have customized programs!

Good luck!

Kathleen

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Renee wrote :
"Instead of calling it a "mod" and getting a ton of people upset like they did at Marc"

Here's my one dish plan:

- daily heart and soul exercise (opt.)
- if hunger comes before a planned meal, have 3 bites... on your plate.
(This will help train us to guage our hunger and fullness in relation to what we put on our plate.)

Just think "grumble = plate"

-----------

********** Huh, yes ... I am good at making people upset sometimes ... sorry about that ! ;-) I just give my opinion, and say what works for me though ... but in the end the only thing that matters is the amount of work you put in.

I never really agreed with the NO SNACKS rule personally. When you don't snack at all your blood sugar level is going down so you are very hungry and weak - - and then you eat too much because you can't take it anymore. My opinion is you have 3 small meals and small 3 snacks. Most fitness experts recommend eating on a regular basis, just smaller amounts of food so you stabilize your blood sugar levels and don't feel so hungry in between bigger meals.

What I do :

Breakfast : 600 calories
Snack : 200 calories
Lunch : 600 calories
Dinner : 600 calories

That's 2,400 calories and then there are a few extras, coffee with milk, sometimes a couple of cookies, celery sticks or plain popcorn is I feel hungry in the late evenings, etc.
Total : Approx. 2,700 calories daily.

That's what I've been eating for months now and exercising hard at least 30 minutes nearly every day too of course.

I don't have issues with other rules except the automatic S days on the weekends, I don't have planned S Days, of course sometimes they happen but it's not really planned in advance for me. I prefer to do my own thing, not have rules based on the days of the week.

I like your plan too, Renee, especially the part about eating only when you are hungry, good idea. What matters is the total number of calories for the day and how many you are burning - - that's it. You create a calorie deficit - - and you lose weight slowly but surely.
(3,500 calories = 1 pound)

www.fitday.com + Kitchen scale That helped me to figure out my calories.

Don't worry too much about rules anyway, that's what I say ... you make up your own so you can achieve your goals without feeling too deprived and it's all good in the end when you see you are making good progress.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Great Job Marc!!!
Please pray for me

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Renee, while I don't know what happened to Marc (though the fact that he lost 90 pounds suggests his mods worked for him) and what "getting upset" means in the context of a message board, I'd like to encourage you to share what you are doing. This is your daily check-in--who cares what others say/think here? If you're finding success (either through compliance or through weight/fat loss), it's something you should celebrate and (hopefully) share with the rest of us! :)

While I do strict vanilla no-s and shovelglove, that doesn't mean I think it's the perfect solution for everyone; it just works well for me. I'm interested in hearing about what works for others. I've long had a sneaking suspicion that No-S is a one-size-fits-all type approach that works really well for dudes and some ladies, so I'd love to be able to tell my female friends who aren't getting results through No-S about mods that might work for them.

Anyway, I don't know what sparkpeople is, but good luck with it!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:49 pm

spork...

This is the current plan:

- daily heart and soul exercise (opt. :wink: )

(If hunger comes before a planned meal, have 3 bites and wait for the meal.)

Just think "grumble = dish"
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:55 pm

alright, I'm not doing so hot on my new sparkpeople plan... I'm snacking a lot, mostly due to the lack of support. I see someone started a challenge here. I'm still considering it all.

The mind sure messes a person up!

By the way, I'm back to 21 lost. Yep, I'm gaining... but I refuse to change the 26 lost on my signature. :evil:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm back!!!! After chatting with my awesome friend ~emilyr on facebook while snacking on several cookies, I had to admit that I wasn't doing very well on the no snacking subject. So, after following my own plan on a sparkpeople sparkteam (one dish) for almost 3 weeks, I'm back with more cold hard determination than ever because I know that when my mind wanders and I start thinking that there is another faster majic plan out there that will save the world (or at least me)... I end up failing. I gained a bit, but will keep it at "26 lost" until I get back there. I started having flashbacks to last Christmas season when I stopped coming on the No S bulletin boards because I thought I had a handle on it. I ultimately stayed away for the better part of 4 months and gianed all 20 that I had lost back. So, at least this time I realized my naieve stupidity and came running back before more damage was done!!! So, for all of you that think there is a better diet out there... do yourself a favor and stick to No S. It truly is the most common sense, easy, normal way to eat!!!! And the support is incredible! I love you guys!!!

I welcome any and all 'Duh Renee' comments that you may have... including "I told ya so!" Others may learn from it.

And... by the way, I'm planning another "daily support" thread idea with a new twist. Stay tuned, and I welcome any ideas of course!

And this time, I'm not not not telling my family yet, who either tends to be my diet police or my humorous temptors.

By the way... I missed you guys!!!!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I've had to revise my goals (on my first page) :oops: and I've started November's wannabe club. I am so excited!
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:57 am

Reneew,

You followed that plan for three weeks. I spent an entire summer following a similar plan. When I look back on all the terrible diets I've followed, waiting for my stomach to growl was the worst one I followed. It was even worse than the Cabbage Soup Diet!

Glad to see you back. Personally, I think the only thing bad about No S is the name. There are a lot more S's in this diet than No S's. One of the S's is SANITY! It is a very sane diet. Common sense. Simple. Stupendous!

Kathleen

PS. I went through my journal from those three months. Here's a particularly painful excerpt from 8/8/08 which showed that I gradually realized that I ate a lot after every time my stomach made a noise:

"2:10 PM: My stomach didn’t growl until 1 PM, and I had an entire bowl of popcorn, an entire cucumber, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 3 nectarines, and a cup of cottage cheese. Now I am no longer hungry. I think I need to allow myself to eat to satisfaction and just have the limitation be that I don’t eat until the next time my stomach growls. It is very important for me to not interpret stomach noise as a hunger growl."

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Wow... thanks Kathleen. We live and learn don't we? The problem is when I forget what I've learned, or worse yet, when I ignore it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm writing my mod to the plan here as I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. My plan is to allow sweets as long as they fit on my plate. I don't really have a sweet tooth that haunts me, but cookies sneak up on me and are usually my downfall. Christmas is coming and I think it may help knowing I can have a cookie at dinner if it fits on my plate. I also plan to wait for hunger also, but that's not really a mod. Since it is the same plan as I was using on Sparkpeople, I will update there also on my sparkteam called one dish. I need support and accountability, and that should help me. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm on day 4 of my wannabe club. I "wannabe" a repeater to the 21 day club. :D :twisted: And I'm going to do it!!!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 pm

YES :!: :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:56 pm

my lunch plate was a bit... quite a bit big, but I'm on day 5.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Well, your doing good ~ one plate is good, even if it was a bit big! Day 5, did you start on Sunday??? You go girl, try for a bit smaller plate tonight :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 pm

In answer to a poster's problems: I wrote...

If I wanted to eat like a rabbit, I wouldn't be here. I eat what I like. As far as the S days go... that's my problem and like Kathleen says:
Kathleen wrote:
"I have resigned myself to the reality that I will always eat like an idiot on S Days, so I'm in the process of reducing the number of S Days. I seem to need the ability to eat like an idiot. I don't know why, but I suspect it has something to do with 30 plus years of restricitve eating."

Me too. I can't stand the thought of restricting my S days that I live for. I definitely over do my pizza on the weekend. I am still working on it. I'm slowly but surely figuring out what doesn't work though. Eating without a plate DOES NOT WORK!!! Making a humongous pizza with my favorite toppings doesn't work even if I tell myself I'll only have so many... going out and over-ordering (to have leftovers to bring home) doesn't work... making homeade pizzas on mini pizza pans for everyone in the family works if I don't make any extras (they become "mine".)

Reinhard told me that if you keep doing it "you'll eventually build a psychological ring of fire around the S es." I'm working on that. I do know that it gets easier when you honestly follow the rules.

I felt the need to post that here because I find I need to remind myself what I've learned.

plan: I'm back to the original Vanilla No S.
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Reneew,
See how much you've learned! Part of this diet is figuring out what works for you. My S Days are more moderate, but that's only because of the awful stomach aches I got after some of my truly memorable S Days, like having 4,000 calories of caramel macademian clusters. Never, ever, ever again am I going to have that much! S Days are at least somewhat self-correcting. Maybe I'll never eat other than like an idiot, but at least I won't eat like someone who just got out of a concentration camp!
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:23 pm

wosnes wrote:
I think that there are very few days that should be S "Days" -- I've listed them in another post, but basically national and religious holidays, your birthday and so on -- days when you can (and maybe should!) throw caution to the wind. That's less than one per month, though two of them do come within a week of each other. Everything else is an S event. Not a day when you can go wild, but a meal or situation when you can relax and enjoy a little without guilt.
I like that... I'll think a bit on this.

And Janette wrote this:
Incredible...For a while now, I've noticed (with a bit of disbelief) that when I stroll into Whole Foods, which houses some of my all time favorite sweets, that I can just walk in and not succumb to temptation..At first I thought it was a fluke - that I was just having " a damn good week"..However, it now happens with enough consistency to make me ask the question: Is it just because of my S days? It wasn't until I came across some interesting research that proved the following:

"Alain Dagher, a neurologist at Montreal Neurological Institute at McGill University, used imaging technology in a study of smokers to learn how anticipation influences brain activity. All his participants had brain scans, but only some were told in a advance that they would be able to smoke immediately after the test was completed. The others UNDERSTOOD that they COULDN'T have a cigarette for another four hours and that a carbon-monoxide monitor would be used to ensure that they complied. Dagher's MRI scans showed that areas of the brain involved in arousal and attention were essentially SHUT DOWN in the population that did not expect to be able to smoke afterward. The Study confirmed that you could reduce the behavior response to cravings by reducing expectancy of the reward..Somehow those people had the ability to suppress the cravings. If a reward is deemed and truly believed to be unavailable, it affects our arousal center in the brain that is responsible for us breaking so many diets." So, basically, it's more than just knowing I have some sugar coming on Sat/Sunday..Having truly internalized the N day rules, has literally changed the way my brain handles cravings.. Freakin amazing..
It shows more evidence that habits and attitudes like "snacks are just not an option" help us fend off temptation.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:41 pm

I'm on day 10. Just needed to see it written. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm on day 11 and doing great! My kids were home from school yesterday and I still did great (I usually blow it when thry're around). I'm also doing my heart and soul exercises Moday thru Friday. Woohoo!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Day 11 and its going good :!: :!: :!: :!: Way to get back on track :!: :!: :!: Heart and soul helps as well ~ good work :!: :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Heart and soul and my big bottle of ice water with a splash of juice. (Orange juice right away in the morning after my tea, then cranberry for the afternoon) I'm having fun with it too. I've made the rule that I need to do my Leslie Sansone walking DVD the second the kids are off to school, and before I do anything else, otherwise I start telling myself that I don't have time. Duh... I can always find an excuse!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm

You go girl! Small steps lead to one big life change!!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Kathleen and I seem to have similar thoughts and I always enjoy reading her check-in. She seems to voice exactly what I've been thinking off and on, over and over. I tweak and tweak and tweak. We are both headed in the right direction. Looking at her progress looks quite impressive. I guess mine does to others too (page 1 of my check-in) but I know the frustration of wanting it all off now with no lasting issues of food addiction. I truly feel at a loss of self-contol at times, and the mental struggle can help me and/or hinder me. Keep going and try no to "deny" yourself too much. It can back-fire.

I've noticed that every time I start doing well, I've been reading the book called "the diet alternative". It's a Christian view on eating. It talks about how the bible never mentions "lunch", just eating in the morning and at night, and that giving a meal to God is sewing to the spirit. It totally fits with no s, but gives another way of looking at it. It's kind of a slight mod I guess, though Reinhard said that he technically never tells us how many meals to have, just suggests not more than 3, and that 2 is fine. I normally eat brunch and dinner because I'm not normally hungry until 11:00, probably due to the volume on my dinner plate the evening before. I've also learned that I have a big problem with stopping once I start. That's why the one plate works so well. I find that fasting until dinner shrinks my tum and so I don't want to over eat. I've read so much about metabolisms as I have hypothyroidism, and I firmly believe that my (or anyones) metabolisms will not get messed up in a 24 hour period by fasting until lunch.
So, my current plan is this: doing vanilla no s with a "spurt" twice a week of waiting until dinner (5:00 - 5:30) to eat. When I do it on Monday it really helps me to get on the right track after my S day. I also know that I'd do really really well if I didn't do S days on both Saturdays and Sundays. But that's another tweak.
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Reneew,
I'm sorry, but I had to chuckle when I read your post. I tried fasting until dinner on Fridays in Lent. It backfired! That doesn't mean it would backfire with you, but the fact that we both came up with the same tweak is amusing!
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm

"Delayed gratification doesn't necessarily mean deprivation." I love that quote!

Kathleen... I hope you see this. For me, eating is like opening up a can of worms, and I have trouble stopping and frequent the kitchen more often all day long. If I delay the opening of the can, I overall, eat way less. I did it for 6 weeks and was loosing, so I'm back to it. A pastor friend of mine did that daily every winter for a couple months to loose all that he gains summer through Christmas. It's like a little boost, and doesn't seem to mess up the rest of my days either. Friday is the hardest day. Monday and Wednesdays seem to be the best for me. I used to fast on Wednesdays during Lent. All day. Consecutive days of waiting for supper are more difficult. If anyone is interested in trying, I suggest Wednesdays, and get busy with something that will help keep you out of the kitchen! And I drink a lot of ice water with a splash of juice.

Oh, and kathleen...I had my 4th in 2001 also. I'm also a Minnesotan at heart because I lived there up until 4 years ago... and I'm 42. I'm only 5 miles into Iowa... the Boji area. Funny, the similarities!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Last night I weighed myself and felt so terribly frustrated with what it said. I seriously felt a panic-y feeling and wanted to dump my plan and do something new all together. Duh. So, this morning I weighed 4 pounds less than I did when I went to bed last night! Honestly. I know I have a water retention problem, and I did slam 3 cups of water before bed... but, why do I let myself get so frustrated when I am unhappy with what the scale says? It's like I turn into the evil step mother who asks the magic mirror it's opinion... I know why I do it. It's because of the tremendous recharging I get when I see a good number. It charges me for a couple days. Fresh and ready to go. Pumped!!! Maybe I should wait until I know a good number will be the answer! I used to consider myself addicted to my scale and I thought it was a bad thing, but when I stop weighing all together, I gain. Plain and simple. I've tried over and over. So, as I look back and try to learn from it, I see that in the long run, the scale is good, I just need to weigh myself less when I think it may give me a bad answer.

Living and learning... slowly
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I just organized my entire pantry and didn't even take one tiny bite!!! And that's where my beloved chips live!!! :shock:

And, it's funny how I feel like I got a reward for coming on here to post that!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey there ! ;-)

Nice to see you are not quitting. What's this about quitting ??? Isn't it my number one rule ?? No quitting, lol !

I never weigh myself at night anymore, it's just not a reliable number ... one night I weigh myself and the next morning I've lost 2.4 pounds and the next day I've only lost 0.6 pound during the night, it's not reliable at all ... it's just depressing when you've been working out (and drinking more water of course !) and then you weigh yourself and you think you've gained weight despite being good all day long ??

Also I try to weigh myself around the same time every morning - - first thing (After urinating of course !!) So the conditions are very similar. I find that if I get up earlier and I weigh myself a couple of hours earlier - - or a couple of hours later if I get up later - - the result is also quite different. So I picked a time in the morning when I am usually up and that's when I'm weighing. The conditions are exactly the same every day, so I get a reliable number.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:41 pm

bluebunny27 wrote:Hey there ! ;-)
Nice to see you are not quitting. What's this about quitting ??? Isn't it my number one rule ?? No quitting, lol !

Also I try to weigh myself around the same time every morning - - first thing (After urinating of course !!) Marc ;-)
Quitting... who's quitting? :roll:

You forgot to mention blowing your nose, taking out a mouth guard or retainer, taking a dump, removing jewelery and spitting! :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm in the clear - -

No cold at the moment - no mouth guard - - I never defecate that early in the morning either - no jewelry and spitting huh - - I don't think so.

I am always 100% nude when I am weighing though.

Buns of steel, woo hoo ! Well, almost steel ... heh. ;-)

I've done so much lower body & cardio exercise that my calves/legs/thighs/butt are actually quite muscular now - - it must be those hundreds of hours of running - cycling - squatting - jumping jacks and whatnot this past year ... also when you lose some fat you see the muscles underneath better, lol !)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Ummm... changing the subject...

I don't know if I'm going to get to my goal this month... my stupid detour has thrown me for a loop and I'm just getting back into the groove. I should have just stuck with the no-nonsence No S!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy with my detour, too! What matters is not that we lost a few months but that we get back on course.
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 pm

I'm still struggling to get back into the normalcy (sp?) of No S. Remind me next time that I'm getting impatient, if I drop out... I gain!
Please pray for me

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 pm

I remember one thing that Dr. Phil (yea..once in awhile he makes sense!) said a few years ago about weight loss . I think I've posted it somewhere before this. He said you can control what you put into your body but you can't control how your body is going to use that fuel when it comes to weight loss. So we should make our goals about the food we eat and not how much weight we expect to lose each week. I am sure he said it in a much better way, but you get the idea! We set ourselves up for failure when we are doing everything "right" and we still do not lose that three pounds we planned to be down by the end of the week/month/day. I know that is a problem I have and is probably why I like and remember what Dr. Phil said. This is also why I like noS.. we are charting our compliance with the rules.. not if we are losing xx amount of each week. The weight loss "is what it is" as we work on our eating and exercise habits. At least, that's how I feel about it! Hope this thought was helpful! :lol: I do follow your entries and appreciate your honesty and hard work! Good luck as you stick with it!!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

reneew,
What threw me was having a weight goal. Now I have a habit goal but no weight goal. I will monitor my weight once per month, but I have no goal except to follow the diet as I have tweaked it. If there is no goal, then there's no temptation to tweak the diet when the goal is missed.
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Thank you Grammy and Kathleen for reminding me that the numbers aren't what I should be following. I do however feel it in my waist line more than the numbers this time. I had taken in a tuck in a pair of my jeans, and had to let out the tuck yesterday, so I know I'm bigger. :? I'm not back in the good habit yet. :cry:
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:28 pm

That is the worst -- to see that you have gone backwards and actually regained some weight. I'm in that same boat, too, as my jeans are tight again. The good news is that, this second time around, I seem to be adjusting more quickly to "perfect compliance" on N Days. It helps, too, that tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I'm going to try making biscotti from scratch this afternoon, and it will be my breakfast tomorrow morning.
Kathleen

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:30 am

Mmmmmmmmm ... I've always done pretty well setting goals and trying to reach 'em ...

That seems like real work to me then, something I have to achieve, etc. It would be a lil' strange to be on a diet and not have goals set from the get go ...

Setting goals is the first thing I did both times I lost some weight. (I set the goal for the whole journey and then the goals for each and every month ... and then on the first day of the month I would add even more goals for each week of that month, I had so many goals you wouldn't believe it !) ;-)

When I read : "Oh, I don't want to set any goals, I don't want to focus on numbers, bla-bla" I don't really GET IT cos' it's really the first thing I would do.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Nov. 1st 2008 : 280 pounds
Nov. 1st 2009 : 190 pounds (-90 pounds)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:50 am

Marc,

Both reneew and I got off habit because we didn't lose weight as quickly as we expected.

Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Well, I made it to 21 again, :D but I think I still feel full from Thanksgiving. I find that after I stuff my self on Thanksgiving, I don't reach "hungry" for quite a while. I eat when it's time, but I'm still not hngry yet. It's hard to wait especially when the kids are around!
Please pray for me

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:35 am

Marc...I was going to speak for Kathleen, reneew, and myself but I think I best stick to what I think. this noS is not a diet for me..it is going to be the way I eat view food for the rest of my life. Yes, losing weight is important but i know from experience that I can't count evey bite I take for an unlimited time. If you can, and that works for you, great!! You found your answer!! :D
reneew..bummer :( !! hope your next holiday is better!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:28 pm

This is how my November looked:
I was gone from No S for a quick and stupid detour and gained... So, I came back to start anew!!!

7th - s day
8th - s day and fairly in control! Wow!
9th - yea
10th- yea I feel that I'm on track
11th- yea but big plate at lunch, when it's usually small
12th- yea
13th- yea
14th- s day
15th- s day
16th- yea and an excellent day it was!
17th- yea
18th- yea
19th- yea
20th- yea
21st- s day
22nd-s day though I really took unfair advantage of my S day :cry:
23rd- yea but big plates :roll:
24th- yeaI definitely don't feel that it's a habit yet!
25th- yea Today my Thanksgiving starts... I hope it really helps knowing that I'm on day 19!!! I will report back after the day.
26th- s day blah- Thanksgiving
27th- yea I made it to 21!!!
28th-s day
29th-s day
30th- yea

On to December!
Please pray for me

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Back on track -- that!s great!
Kathleen

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:04 pm

I've just started a December challenge. I'm excited! I need this. For those of you who may be reading this, if you look at my progress on page 1 here on my check-in, you'll see that December is my tough month. I started my gain of 20 last year in December.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Renee Renew---ing, yes !

The main thing is to form good habits and then you adapt to your personal situation ... depending what happens. etc.

You have to be super quick sometimes.

Example, just this past week I started struggling for some reason, I was exercising, everything was going well, but for reason unknown I was getting really hungry around 8-9pm at night (Rare !! Usually when I am having issues, it happens later, around 10-11pm ...)

So I had a few bad days, problems around 8-9pm, I gained a couple of pounds eating cookies & crackers excessively. and I was a lil' depressed for a couple of days.

Then I changed my daily plan so I now eat 5 times per day, it's more balanced ... same total number of calories only spread out over 5 meals instead of 3 ... this seems to have helped a lot.

Also I traded the cookies I was having as a maintenance-phase-treat now for some plain old oatmeal. Instead of having 3 cookies and then feeling hungry 10 minutes later I eat a small bowl of oatmeal, fills me up and I'm alright for 2-3 hours straight until my next MINI-MEAL, problem solved. I'd rather eat plain oatmeal and not feel hungry than eat something tastier like cookies/crackers and then feeling hungry again right away.

I traded empty calories from the cookies/crackers for calories that are actually filling me up nicely (Plain oatmeal with a lil' bit of plain yogurt mixed in) Problem solved and I'm back to my FIGHTING WEIGHT after struggling a lil' bit.

I was proud that I was quick on my feet and changed my plan right away to make it easier on me : Cookies out, oatmeal, in and spreading out my daily calories even more than I was before.

You definitely have to keep up with the exercise though, I mean even in the maintenance phase, you just can't quit everything (Diet&exercise) and think you're gonna be fine and remain at that weight 4-ever without some hard work. You can ease up a lil' bit but I need to fine tune this set up in the next few weeks / months to know by how much.... I can see how someone could regain a lot of weight back quickly - - if they are not careful !

I freak out gaining 2-3 pounds so I guess I'm alright for the moment, lol ! I know everything I have to do to make it long term though, so I am really confident, it's not like I have no idea what I should and shouldn't be eating, what I should do to exercise, etc. I've been doing this for 13 months straight now so it's like second nature.

I manage better when I know I can't have cookies instead of allowing a few cookies in my diet here and there and then getting intro trouble because those empty calories are wasted and I'm hungry again very quickly after that and then it's easier to have another handful of cookies...

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Nov. 1st 2008 : 280 pounds
Nov. 1st 2009 : 190 pounds (-90 pounds)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Reinhard said "Maintenance is progress this time of year." Good quote!

I agree! But... I'm aiming for the first Christmas in probably 20 years, to weigh less on the last day of The month as I did on the first day. Me go girl! :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Wow :!: :!: :!:

That's a whole lot of greens!

I love the December challenge :D :D :D Keep up the good work :!: :!:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Go Rene!!!! :wink:
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks guys! This time of year is tough !!!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm really trying to put off making all of those Christmas goodies! It's tough! Last year by this time I'd have eaten dozens by now. I feel guilty about not making them for my hubby and kids. I know that I shouldn't they don't need them either... but then they are all thin, but then I guess maybe that's why I'm the one wanting them so bad. Hmmm.... :oops:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Are you making good choices today? Drinking lots of water?

You are gonna do this! Ask the family which treats they want to eat this year and make a single batch!

Love ya!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 pm

~emilyr wrote: make a single batch!
Me? Yea, right! Anyway, as it turns out the timing was perfect for making the big batch of cookies. The kids had a day off of school and I had a dentist appointment. While I was feeling nausiated from all of the drilling, my youngest daughter made a huge batch. While my pain started to come back, she rolled out and cut them all. I only snitched 1 bite (ONE), which I am not counting because cookie dough is my big downfall and 1 bite is a huge success. Now we are all banned from the 2 cakepans full of cookies until we have time to frost them. There is a snow storm on the way, so it may be earlier than I want, but all is going well so far on the home front. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Uh oh... the kids are home on a snow day today and they want to bake. I'm in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 am

yea, today went real well. RED! :evil:

I sometimes wonder if I should allow a single sweet for supper if it fits on my plate, then skip my weekend S days. I'd take my special days, but I wouldn't have my usual 5-10 pound weekly gain from the weekends. I do need a snack on Saturday evening, and I could save one of my meals for that. It has worked in the past. As it is now I eat on Saturday and Sundays simply because I can. My plan basically would be 3 dishes a day. PERIOD. Hmmmm... thinking about it....
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:07 pm

You and I are addicted to sugar ~ I say none except on the weekends. No changes, remember :?: :?: :?: :?: You've gone down that path, come on, stay strong ~ you can do it, tie a knot, do what you need to get right back on track. We are having another snow day today too, ugh :!: Be prepared, thats what I say!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 pm

O.K. No sweets unitl the weekend. Maybe I should skip the S days though... I'll maybe use one and bank one. If I'm able. Maybe I should wait until the new year when I have much more willpower. :roll:

Edit: The blizzard threw me for a loop. Cookies! I didn't do it... my youngest daughter did it. It's her fault. 8) I really didn't have too very many, especially when I compare to other Christmas seasons, but I'm a cheater and I need to confess. I plan on making up for it on Sunday, then re-coloring it to remove the red. This is a December-only new rule of mine. :wink:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 pm

NO :!: Must I keep reminding you :?: This is for the rest of our lives, we can't keep waiting until the timing is better, come on you can do this. (I'm referring to your January thought). Put a box in the freezer and fill it every time you want one of those sweet morsels and then enjoy them on Saturday and Sunday. Remember what happened last Christmas :?: We don't want that again ~ plain old vanilla no s, we can do it, I know you can, come on lets make this happen!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:49 pm

The only non-vanilla thing is that I'm going to try to do an N day on Sunday to make up for the Fail yesterday. All other thoughts of mods are on hold. O.K.??? Love you guys!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Okay, the only problem I see is the word try, lets just say you are going to! :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm gunna :wink:
Please pray for me