Crazy Horse sign in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse sign in

Post by Crazy Horse » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 am

I agree that this diet is wonderful and just what I've been looking for but I don't seem to be able to get started.javascript:emoticon(':cry:') At first I did OK and lost two inches in my waist. Now I start the diet new every day and blow it by lunch. I don't seem to be able to get started again. Any suggestions?[/list][/quote]
Friends don't let friends do Windows!

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Well, Crazyhorse, you don't have to diet. Maybe you don't wanna.

Do you snack before lunch and then decide it's all broken, you're not being perfect so you have to throw in the towel for the day?

Or is it something else? What's the nature of the issue?
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Good questions Noel...

Crazy Horse...Do you have a copy of the book? Have you read it yet? I've read mine more than a couple times & keep going back there to get some daily encouragement....maybe that would help you.

Checking the board on a regular basis has helped a lot of people too...perhaps being here & reading the posts would be helpful...

We're here to help....so don't be a stranger!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...