fishious check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fishious

fishious check-in

Post by fishious » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:07 am

I am a No-S big (fat) guy from the Netherlands
When I was younger I was big but not fat studyin and working has made me fat. I used to do a lot of sports but because of becoming and work that has changed.
Starting No-S diet today.

To motivate myself i have formulated several long term goals
1. Want to get fit so i can get old with my family
2. Want my sun to be proud of his dad (" look how fast my dad is")
3. Want to fit into my wedding clothes
4. Want to be an example for my patients
5. Want to be able to compete on the bike with my friend in the mountains

I hope the No-S diet will help me change my life style so I can become the spotive guy again that I once was.
Omdat ik niet meer dik wil zijn!

fishious

Post by fishious » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:19 am

No-S day the first day, allways the easiest one.
Just 3 regular meals and a lot of water
See how this week goes and I will start excercise next week.
Last edited by fishious on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

starflower

Post by starflower » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 am

Congratulations on your first official No S day!!!...first days are always the best on any diet because they are the easiest. I'm a newbie too and today, Tuesday is my Day 9. Eat what you need at meals to avoid snacking is the best help I can offer as a neophyte noser. Good Luck today, Fishious, (love the fierce pun), and I am pulling for you....especially this first week!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Welcome and good luck!
NoS works. It's slow but it works.
You have some great goals!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

fishious

Post by fishious » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 am

No-S day
Good day again, a bit harder especially because i had some friends over t o play boardgames, but i managed to stick to my diet coke or cola light as we call it in the netherlands.

Thanks for all you encouragements!!

fishious

Post by fishious » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:41 am

No-S day number 3 was good. Th habit of 3 meals is starting to kick in. I had made a really nice diner with pasta, It was kind of hard to not take seconds. However there was no use for it, I did not get hyngry during the evening.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:38 pm

However there was no use for it, I did not get hyngry during the evening.
fishious,

great awareness!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

fishious

Post by fishious » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 pm

No-S day, number 4 by far the toughest til now.
I was really graving for snacks like broodje kroket... I kept myself busy with work at home, got a lot done. This took my mind of eating.
Looking forward to my first S-day. However this will not include a broodje kroket, because that is defenately off limits far to much calories
But i look forward to some tolerable snacks. I am enjoying this diet that lets you snack once in a while.

fishious

Post by fishious » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:15 pm

No-S day, the first unsucesfull or failure day for me.
I am not to bothered about it because it was sort of an S-evening. One of my colleagues defended his thesis yesterday and there was a party in the evening. I did not have any extra snacks, but I did have a few bears to much (only a few to much....). I think it was worth it.

I am enjoying my first S-day today, because it is also my birthday!!

starflower

Post by starflower » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:58 pm

komdu blessaður

Party on fishious! I recently had my 1st FAILURE as a newbie, but when I look at other "No S old timers" HabitCal's I usually see one or two red days a month, (including Reinhard). It's all part of my (No S) Fantasy......we can do this thing. We CAN reduce, albeit over time. Perfection is overated; results are our objective. Have a great weekend! Happy, Happy Birthday!!!! So, may I ask, how young are you? And what does your tagline translate into English?

fishious

Post by fishious » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm

s-adys went a bit wild, I had a lot of friends over for my birthday. I did not try to keep it down. This has to be along term change and you just sometimes have to go wild and this was my wild weekend.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Welcome!

I always recommend Richard's book, if you haven't read it. I have a copy that I've read quite a few times & every time I pick it up I read something that helps me. It's full of information & encouragement & definitely worth reading at least once.

These first few weeks are difficult, but so worth it.

Welcome again,
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...