Barb's First Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Barb

Barb's First Check-in

Post by Barb » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Good morning,

This is my first day of No "S." I am not quite sure how to post, so bear with me! My starting weight is 250 and my goal this year is to get under 200. Like some of you, I have been on every diet known to man. I am going to really try to trust myself that I can control myself when it comes to eating. I so look forward to not counting calories or points or carbs or anything! I will try to post as many days as possible. This seems like a wonderful place for support. I am a little scared of "S" days (Saturday's and Sunday's) -- scared that I will really eat way to much, but I want to give this a shot. I am an overeater. It is very hard for me to control the amounts I eat.

I do go to Curves and I love working out. I also like to walk. I just need to get my eating under control once and for all.

I have 2 grandsons (4 and 5) that mean everything to me! We have so much fun together. I want to be around a long time for Brad & Blake. I also have a man in my life that is wonderful and want to be around for him as well. My sister and I bought our dream home together in March 08' in Pflugerville, TX -- bedroom community of Austin, TX. We both work downtown Austin at a law firm. We are having a lot of fun and have many, many fun gatherings/parties at our home (which, of course, involves a lot of food).

Thank you for being here for me and I will keep you up to date on how it is going.
Barb
Austin, Texas
Starting Date: 09/26/11
Starting Weight: 251.5
Current Weight: 250
Goal Weight: 160
Height: 5'7"

Marjolein

Post by Marjolein » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Good for you Barb. I am a newbie also, but so far (day5) I love NoS.

Marjolein