S day accountability

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BeingGreen

S day accountability

Post by BeingGreen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 pm

SEVEN good S weekends in a row. Yay! This tracking helps me remember how much better I feel when I keep S days from running wild! Managed to survive a weekend away from home and house guests to boot. I still have lots of cravings . . . This isn't always easy, but I'm really looking forward to three S days in a row this weekend. I'm baking a chocolate cake for my DD's birthday!

Feb. 14: SUCCESS
Feb. 15: SUCCESS
Feb. 16: SUCCESS

Feb. 21: SUCCESS
Feb. 22: SUCCESS

Feb. 28: SUCCESS
Mar. 1: SUCCESS

Mar. 7: SUCCESS
Mar. 8: SUCCESS

Mar. 14: SUCCESS
Mar. 15: SUCCESS
Mar. 17: A little over the top. I need practice with S days in the middle of the week!

Mar. 21: SUCCESS
Mar. 22: SUCCESS

Mar. 28: SUCCESS
Mar. 29: SUCCESS

Apr. 4:
Apr. 5:
Apr. 6 (DD's b-day ):

Apr. 11:
Apr. 12:

Apr. 18:
Apr. 19:

Apr. 25:
Apr. 26:

Apr. 28 (my b-day)

When I write it out like this, it sure seems like there will be plenty of time for treats, so frankly I don't know what I'm so worried about when I'm engaging in "last supper-like" behavior!

The plan is to record yellow successes. How will I define success in this case? It's vague, but I guess "I'll know it when I see it" :wink:
Last edited by BeingGreen on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:07 am

Good work on maintaining moderate S days. And yes, there will be plenty of other S days, so no need to squeeze all the treats into this one! (I need to remember that myself!)

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks for your support, CCL! So far, so good this weekend too. At the end of the day I think I'll be recording two more moderate yellows. I've had enough treats, etc. to enjoy the break from the N day routine, but haven't overdone it at all :D I suspect I'll be nicely hungry for breakfast tomorrow morning too!