woods38 check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

woods38

woods38 check in

Post by woods38 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 am

SUCCESS!

I have been doing the No S Diet for 2 weeks now and I am quite pleased. I have lost weight both weeks.

I lost a lot of water weight the first week and I lost 2 lbs. this week.

I was perfect the first week but I had one failure day this week. On that day I had too long a stretch between meals and I got home from work ravenous and snacked through the night. Next time that I know I have a longer wait than usual between meals I will have a caloric bevarge to help get me through.

I have been exercising daily also and I think that has really helped. I workout at home for 15-30 minutes doing various activities such as yoga, light weight training and aerobic dancing.

woods38

Wed check in

Post by woods38 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:42 pm

SUCCESS so far this week.
I am tired today but it is a beautiful, sunny day so that should get me through.

woods38

check in

Post by woods38 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Failure! Wednesday I had a bad day emotionally and I was tired. Before I went to bed I gave in to cravings and ate sweets, seconds, and it was snacking.

Success! Thursday I got back on track. It was tricky b/c of a evening concert but it all worked out.

woods38

check in, weigh in

Post by woods38 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 pm

SUCCESS! Friday I did well. I was tempted b/c if was friday but I stuck with the program.

Today I weighed in and was disappointed that I didn't lose any weight this week. This is the week I retain water every month so it is to be expected. Next week I'll lose. I had one failure day this week and just 2 for the past 3 weeks so I guess that's not too bad. I want to get M-F all green this week. I need to find ways to destress midweek when I get overwhelmed and exausted.

woods38

check in

Post by woods38 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:55 pm

The weekend went fine. I enjoyed my S days but didn't go crazy.
Monday : SUCCESS! I am getting used to the routine of meals and wasn't even hungry between meals. I am enjoying my meals more and more. I love that I choose what to eat and I eat what I like!

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Hey woods. Sounds like you're on a roll! The right kind of roll, too, not the kind that has frosting and a cream filling. :twisted:

Keep it up (the food choices and the posting)!
8-bit is still awesome.

woods38

Post by woods38 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:26 pm

SUCCESS! It was tough to make it over hump day but I did it! I guess a little longing is good. I'll enjoy my weekend all the more.

woods38

Made it to the weekend!

Post by woods38 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 pm

SUCCESS! I made it to the weekend! All green this week! Yea for me!

I lost 2 lbs. this week also.

I'm glad that I resisted all of the snacks and sweets that I did this week.
That muffin this morning was a sweet reward snd tasted all the better because I could enjoy it without any guilt.

I'm proud of myself. I feel like I am building good habits.

woods38

just checkin in

Post by woods38 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm

SUCCESS! Mon and Tues. Yea!

I was very busy yesterday and I had to use the virtual plate technique at lunch. I think that I did O.K.

Now for the challenge of Wed. I think that it may be a stressfull day today at work. I brought my lunch and I have an easy dinner planned tonight so all should go O.K. It is getting easier. Thank goodness for weekends!

ifya_1999

Post by ifya_1999 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Good going Woods38 and im on my second week and i too think it definately gets easier every day. I was a little worried about the weekend and being able to go back to three meals a day. but ya know i really didnt eat like i thought i would sat and sun. i had a bowl of ice cream sat. and half a candybar sun. and got up monday and jumped right back to it without any feelings of deprivation whats so ever. so im sending you lots of happy thoughts and keep up the good work :P
God Bless, Robin

woods38

check in

Post by woods38 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Ahhhh, the weekend is here.

Success Wed, Thurs. Friday! Yeah a green week!

Last night was hard at about 9pm when my DD was watching a movie with me and eating cookies. She said to me "You can't have any tonight, it's not an S day." Well that kept me on the straight and narrow. Loved the movie Marley and Me.

Thanks for all of the support guys!

woods38

Post by woods38 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:40 pm

SUCCESS! Monday.
My weekend wasn't fantastic but now I am back to the structure of N days, thankfully.
This sums up my weekend-bad moods+ bad weather=almost a whole bag of pita chips among other things. Oh well. Next will be better.

woods38

Post by woods38 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Success!

Yesterday was a challenge because I was hungrier than usual but I stuck to the plan and made it through. I just told myself that the next meal wasn't that far away and I could eat then.

Today I am tired but proud of myself because I did my exercise anyway. I did 15 min weights, 20 min elipical, 10 yoga. :D

woods38

Post by woods38 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:46 pm

FAILURE! Wednesday my willpwer just deserted me. I had sweets, seconds, and snacks! I don't know what happened! I just fell back into old patterns.

marleah

Post by marleah » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 pm

It happens! Oh well - this is a very forgiving system and you don't have to punish yourself. "Mark it and move on!"
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

woods38

Post by woods38 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 pm

failure Thursday, failure Friday
O.K. people- please no more Easter goodies in the office after the holiday!
Something in me has definitely rebelled. I will get my head together this weekend. I will not give up like I've done on diets in the past. This is a lifestyle. I WILL make new habits.

woods38

Post by woods38 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:08 pm

O.K. I ate my way through the weekend but today is Monday and I am more than ready to have a great and green week.

marleah

Post by marleah » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Weight doesn't come off overnight and it wasn't put on overnight. Just keep your head in the game! :)
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

woods38

trying again

Post by woods38 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, I got way way off track after Easter. I have a week of vacation and I guess that my diet was on vacation too because all of my new habits fell apart.

Today I am picking myself up and trying again.

woods38

Post by woods38 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Finally I feel back on track. I really got back on track Sunday. I'm feeling good about it this time.