First week

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mission possible

First week

Post by mission possible » Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

It's wonderful to be here. I first heard of this diet at a gourmet food group, which happened to be on a Sunday. Two of the members looked great, and they both had lost 20 plus pounds. They mentioned they were doing the no s diet and how easy it was. I decided i had nothing to lose and started the diet that day and enjoyed my Sunday snacks, seconds and sweets. I thought giving up the 3'S during the week would be difficult, but it was easier than i thought.

I am a buyer for a gourmet cheese, food store so it is easy for me to snack off and on all day and not even think about it. I am tempted all day with a cheese plane in my hand to have a sample of cheese along with the customers. I just kept repeating to myself the 3 S's , and i got over the hurdle and didn't give in once the entire week.
By the time Sat. came i enjoyed some sweets, but the craving for them was not as strong as i thought it would be.

This is by far the best diet that i have ever been on. My three S's
for this diet would be simple, straight forward,and satisfying.

I got on the scale at the end of my first week and lost three pounds.

I am looking forward to checking in on the boards.
Armine
Last edited by mission possible on Mon May 04, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marleah

Post by marleah » Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Great job! That would be very tough to not snack while you are around food (and probably very tasty food) all day. One day at a time, and make sure you treat yourself on your S-days!
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -