bluebunny27's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:35 pm

I've been losing like 'crazy' in june. In may I was still losing but it was harder and I seemed stuck around 215-216 for a while but now in june, I'll have to slow down really ... not sure why but this month has been awesome so far. I'm not even tempted to cheat even if I am hungry, it doesn't really matter. I am used to it. ;-)

I'll add another yellow day for the exercise today instead of a green one as I was planning, diet should remain green though. I'll be hitting 93% compliance for the diet on june 11th if all goes well, by far my best result as I am used to struggling to make it to 80%. (My counting system, green day = 1 point, yellow = 0.6 point, red = 0 point)

Only 78% for the exercise but that doesn't really matter I am still losing more weight than when I was exercising more but struggling with the diet part...
I stepped on the scale this morning just to see and I'll be under 213.0 at my next official weigh in on the 11th unless I have 2 bad days until then of course. I have to slow down or I'll be under 212.5 the way it's been goin' ... ;-)

I usually have a bad diet streak a few days during every month so when it hits this time I am ready for it and I am ahead of my objectives for the month, like a buffer zone so I can get through the storm coming on later.

Losing at least 6 pounds in june seems possible now if I keep this going.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/05/2009 : 214.0 pounds
7 months 5 days / 66.0 pounds

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:48 am

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0
12-1-2008 266.0 ( Nov. 2008 Down 14.0, Total : 14.0 )
1-1-2009 254.0 ( Dec. 2008 Down 12.0, Total : 26.0 )

1-13-2009 250.0
2-1-2009 244.0 ( Jan. 2009 Down 10.0, Total : 36.0 )
2-19-2009 237.8
3-1-2009 234.0 ( Feb. 2009 Down 10.0, Total : 46.0 )
3-14-2009 232.2
4-1-2009 229.8 ( March 2009 Down 4.2, Total : 50.2 )
4-14-2009 224.8
5-01-2009 221.6 ( April 2009 Down 8.2, Total : 58.4 )
5-15-2009 217.8
6-01-2009 215.6 ( May 2009 Down 6.0, Total : 64.4 )

My objective for june 2009 : I'd be happy to lose anywhere between 5 and 6 pounds this month.

******* Update : Solid weigh in just now, 212.8, I knew I was thinner since I've stepped on the scale a couple of times in between the official weigh ins, I don't mind being curious (when I know it'll be good news !) so this was not a big surprise. I bought a new pair of sweat pants for my exercise sessions yesterday too .. it was a 'medium' size ... not a 'large' ... woo hoo ! The belt I bought 3-4 months ago is getting too big for me too, I'll have to make new holes in it or get a new smaller one cos' I got too thin ! ;-) Wow, everything in the store would fit me now, unbelievable. Back in november 2008 that was the turning point for me anyway when I went to the store and nothing in there would fit me anyway so what was the point of buying something and then be uncomfortable because it's too tight ? So I went home and I was all depressed thinking I would have to go to a specialized store in the future, something like that, too fat to shop at a regular store ! ... but then I changed my mind and decided to start on this journey. Yeah, it's hard, but it feels pretty good too, I can't believe it now when I am looking in the mirror, it's like a nice surprise everyday and it's going to get better, I just need more time. Plus not feeling tired all the time from carrying 65-70 pounds of extra weight around 24/7, huge bonus. ;-)

Alright, I've found how to put images on here directly ... convenient.

Here's my HabitCal, updated to the 10th (I often plan several days in advance and then adjust depending on what is happening)

% of compliance until the 10th. Updated.

Diet, 92% ... nothing to say since it's all good. I've been doing really well, even on the 9th I was expecting a yellow day but it was all green instead. Posting all this info here probably helps too, a source of motivation since I don't want to post that I've been cheating on my diet binging on some stupid chocolate cookies or something, lol ! How embarrassing ! ;-)

Exercise, barely 80% but since I have been losing weight, I am not too worried, I can kickstart the training again if I start struggling with the diet and/or struggling to lose weight.

Future weigh in dates and objectives (Subject to multiple changes !)

6/01/2009 215.6
6/05/2009 214.0 ( Down 1.6 )
6/10/2009 212.8 ( Down 1.2 )

6/16/2009 211.8 (Objective)
6/22/2009 211.0 (Objective)
6/28/2009 210.2 (Objective)
7/01/2009 210.0 (Objective)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/10/2009 : 212.8 pounds
7 months 10 days / 67.2 pounds

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Edit
Last edited by bluebunny27 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Alright, it was bound to happen. My planned yellow nutrition day turned into a red one late last night, june 10th, when I over indulged on some cookies and I also ate a bagel extra with margarine.

I don't feel too bad about it though because I had been so good since the beginning of the month and I was way ahead of my objectives recently. It brings down my % of compliance to 86%, which is still better than my 80% objective. 8 Green days X 1 unit + 1 Yellow day X 0.6 unit + 1 red day X 0 unit = 8.6 out of 10 = 86%

I am planning a couple of double green days in a row now to make up for that red day... The usual for me whenever I have a red day I automatically schedule 2 green days in a row right after it, this way ........ I'm EVEN STEVEN.

Cycling today, and I'll take advantage of the bike path since it should rain tomorrow. Some people spray painted messages on the ground in a couple of places,
I saw that yesterday for the first time. One place it says : "Rich the bitch" in big block letters (!) ... another place it says : "F*ck the police !" with the drawing of a hand giving the FINGER next to it ... I have to ROLL on that, no way to avoid it, heh !

Yogurt making today too since I am almost out. I have my technique down and everything now. I let it incubate for 5 hours, and it turns out great every time. I have added a teaspoon of maple syrup to my diet, I mix it in with my yogurt and it tastes awesome with a piece of fruit in there as well, 1/2 a kiwi at the moment.
I have 1/2 a kiwi with my yogurt and the other half with my cereals or oatmeal.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey Marc, I had a cookie failure last night too!! Maybe something is in the air that requires cookies???
hahah
Well, I know you will get right back on your "horse" (or more aptly, your bike) and get straight back in line...
Remember tonight..
NO COOKIES FOR *YOU*!!!

ps... F*CK the POLICE!!! Hahahah :mrgreen:
Have a great day!
pps.. your yogurt sounds wicked!!! I want some :wink:

8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Yep, I'm down to my last yogurt too, and that means I need a spoon of it for the next batch I'll make today. Thanks for the reminder.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah, no cookies today. ;-) I was naughty but I've been so good before that ... it won't hurt me too much in the long run, especially if I get right back on the bike again soon.

My yogurt tastes awesome, especially mixed with a tea spoon of maple syrup (or honey) I mix it in there really well and it gives it an awesome taste. Then I add a cut up piece of fruit, 1/2 a kiwi these days but I also like 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear ... I only put in a small amount of maple syrup not to add too many calories, just a tea spoon, but it's enough to flavor the yogurt nicely.

One thing I have noticed is my yogurt gets better after a few days. After 3 or 4 days it's 100% smooooooooth, creamy, etc.

So my final yogurt 'tweak' will be to start making it 3-4 days BEFORE I run out of the yogurt from the previous batch instead of waiting when I am almost out. This way the newer yogurt has 3-4 days to get better by itself in the fridge. It gets smoother and creamier while I finish the previous batch. This way when I start eating it, the yogurt will be 100% perfect from the get go. (It's still good the first 1-2 days after I made it but I find it improves later on)

I have my technique down now so I'll always make it the same way. I found that 5 hours of incubation was just right for me so the sour taste is perfect. It takes about 45 minutes of work, once a week, to make it.
I have been pleased with the results so I'll keep on making yogurt in the future.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Your talk about exercise is starting to get to me... I've had good intentions and that's about it lately, but I did a hard half hour today and plan on doing a minimum of 15-30 daily. I'm tracking it on a habitcal. It's so easy to get lazy when tired and busy. Thanks for your incentive and energy-transfer. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:00 am

Yes ! ;-)

You set your own goals and objectives and then you improve, every little bit helps and it doesn't take all sorts of fancy equipment or a gym membership either, just some *ELBOW GREASE*. ;-)

I always love it whenever I work out hard because I feel good once I am done.

Today after my intense 50 min. bike ride : I took a shower, drank 1 L. of water slowly to replenish my fluids, then I sat right next to a fan to cool me down some more, drank a cup of coffee, ate my yogurt with a touch of maple syrup and 1/2 a kiwi ... all that while watching the latest episode of MYTHBUSTERS on the computer, (one of my favorite tv shows) ... that felt pretty goooooood. ;-)

See, you train hard and then you feel good about what you accomplished and you can sit back and relax knowing you have done some solid work.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:49 am

That's funny that you said that... I just did another 30 min. for the day (told ya I was motivated) and came in to drink my 4 cup water bottle with a splash of cranberry. Yep, I felt good :wink: remind me of that when I get lazy.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Good ! You work out, and then you reward yourself by doing things you like. Nice !

Typical double green day today.

I'll cycle hard, probably for 50 minutes.
Diet, right on track so I ain't too worried about my red day this past wednesday. I stil have a few days until the official weigh in. (Next tuesday, 6/16, objective 211.8, tough objective @ this point but I should be around there hopefully, high 211's is possible as long as I benefit from the AFTERBURN following my work outs of course !)

Since I prepare the food myself it's easier to control what I am eating too, I control what's in it and the quantities too. I know what's about right for me, approx.

I am planning 2 more DG days in a row for the 13th and 14th (Double Green) since I have been doing so well lately, except for that red nutrition day on the 10th but other than that pretty smooth sailing.

SpreadPro chart updated until the 14th after the planned green days. Excellent scores, Diet : 90% compliance, Training 86% ... I never had such good results in any month for the diet in particular, I am more used to struggling to make it to 78-80%, not hitting the 90% compliance.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Saturday, all nice n' green of course.

Intense Cycling this afternoon, probably around 2:30/3:00pm. Approx. 50 min.
Diet, Same ol' situation. I'm green and lovin' it.
Doing alright.

Late last night I was *REALLY* hungry, I could easily have been in trouble since I kept thinking about cookies, candy, bagels around midnight/1am. I had nothing left on my piece of paper for the day and I was still hungry (like the wolf).

I was running scared but I thought if I had even one cookie I would regret it later so what's the point ?? Plus one cookie is not very filling and I'd be eating another one 10 minutes later... So I grabbed my emergency plain pop corn bag and I had a few handfuls, then I drank 2 tall glasses of water and I was fine later on....
I wasn't fantasizing about chocolate chip cookies, nothing like that. I was watching a documentary on indonesian KING COBRAS on the National Geographic HD channel instead. ;-)

This morning, I weighed myself too since I wanted to know what has been going on. It was an unofficial weigh in ... 212.2, alright ! ;-) I should be there, 211.8 in a couple of days for the next official weigh in on tuesday morning I believe.

My plan is to be at 210.0 at the most at the end of this month, that would be a 5.6 pound loss for june. Tough pounds to lose now, even being super good (both for the diet and the exercise) I am only losing 5-6 pounds per month at this time. I wasn't as good in nov.2008-dec.2008-jan.2009 and losing about twice as much anyway. It was easier then to have bigger numbers since it was pure blubber weight.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:53 am

Saturday night I cheated a bit on my diet, not excessively but I still have to give myself a yellow. No big deal though, it could have been worse. I'll be good on Sunday to make up.

I might not be able to cycle on sunday since rain is expected, or I might try to sneak in an earlier cycling session if I see on the radar site that I can do that before the rain starts, I'll see ... I'd prefer that. 50 intense minutes and then it starts raining cats and dogs just as I'm finishing. I come home soaking wet, I'D LOVE IT !! :-)

I'll be very green on the diet to make up for the small slip, a yellow on saturday night although for me a yellow day is really not that bad, I was still mostly good all day long ... so it's not a total loss.

Updated charts, up until the 16th (I usually plan 2-3 days in advance ...) Still ahead of my 80% objectives for both of my main habits, better than most months so far, only one red square expected until the 16th ...

1 red out of 32 squares, LOW LOW LOW percentage, probably the best green/yellow streak I've ever had ... and I see I've been training 30 days in a row, at least 30 minutes, more often than not 50 + minutes. May 17th, that was the last day that I *DIDN'T* work out, crazy habit I have, lol !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:11 am

Ok, I managed to cycle on Sunday afternoon, no rain ... but there were a thousand people using the bicycle path, more or less. I went at 2pm when it was super busy, I should have waited at 5pm when it seemed like there were 3 times less people using it (I see part of the path through the trees in the backyard, so I know more or less if it's busy or not ...)

I couldn't push up to 85% of my max as I usually do because it was too crowded and I was always stuck behind someone every 20 seconds. Not too many annoying people cutting me off or ridin' side by side blocking the passing lane today though, just slower people, those are more easy to tolerate, since it's not their fault, if they can't go fast, or don't want to ... ;-)

I even stopped a couple of times mid way through my usual course (in places where I would normally never stop) because there were too many slower people in front of me, coming from both sides too so it was impossible to pass safely. I stopped a minute to let a crowd of slower people get ahead a bit, then starting again, never had to do that before. Better to do that then to get into an accident trying to overtake 15 people at a time when there's traffic in the passing lane coming the other way or pulling my hair out slow rollin' behind them for 2 minutes straight. I was more ZEN today.

Still a good work out though even if it wasn't as intense as my usual routine, maybe 70-75% intensity instead of my usual 80-85%. Even at 70-75% I was overtaking 90-95% of the weekend only cyclists there.

Tomorrow, I don't plan on cycling actually, it'll rain and I'll only do a yellow training day inside, 30 minutes shovelglove and jumping jacks.

Still nice n' green on the diet. It is really hard sometimes but I manage to stick to my list, except for an occasional slip up .. but I haven't had a major one in a while now...

There should be parties the next 2 weekends,.

I'll be running scared since parties are planned, birthdays, guests and whatnot ... I have to make sure I am super good when I can these days because the next 2 weekends are gonna be hard with a lot of temptations, multiple parties, guests, drinks, etc.
I'll have to dodge multiple times.

I know the storm is coming on june 19-20-21 and then on the 27th and 28th (parties at the end of the month, just when I'm supposed to be super green to make my end of the month deadline ... great, should I FAKE A SUDDEN ILLNESS to DODGE a couple of
parties ??!) or .................. Will I make it in one piece ..... of cake ???

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

la_loser

Oh, please. . . pronounced pul-leez!

Post by la_loser » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 am

Marc,

It would be perfectly fine for you to rein in your mega mode and live like a regular ole Joe like the rest of us for a few days! It wouldn't mean "being an IDIOT" but honestly--it's really ok to live life! :lol: And no, I'm not just saying that so the rest of us will look good! Gee, that ability to sustain ourselves (Vanilla No S principles) long-term on any sort of plan is dependent on being able to be real people! You're not going to undo six months of work in two S weekends. Use the S day safety valve and realize that the only pressure is that which you're putting on yourself!

At least enjoy some S events, if not full blown S days! With the willpower you've displayed, I'm confident it's possible.

You're doing great!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:15 am

Yeah, I was mostly joking around as usual ! ;-)

I need to be extra good in between the dates I mentioned because I know I'll have some tough weekends ahead, that's all I was sayin' ...

I'm not in this to take 'planned breaks' no matter what the occasion is, I don't really care. I don't want to have intentional red days, even on special holidays, (Father's day and my sister's birthday coming up... I am still 'on' and it counts as a *red* if I pig out, no excuses/exceptions. I won't enjoy it because it'll feel like cheating. I can't turn the switch on and off all the time, that would seem like I'm wasting time being good and then destroying a whole week's work within 2 days.

If I take 2 intentional red days in a row, I feel like crap and then it takes me 4-5-6 days to get back to where I was before the slip up. That doesn't make me feel too good either. It's depressing to take steps back and then having to work harder just to get back to where I was in the 1st place. Waste of time and energy.

I'd rather be full on most of the times instead so I don't get too far behind my objectives. If I can get away with yellow days on those weekends, maybe one red, that would be ok, but I don't want to have a bunch of reds on there, especially near the end of the month. I'm doing good in june so far, this should be enough to get through the 2 tough weekends and still end up close to 210 on july 1st. despite the circumstances.

I'll ease up only after nov. 1st or once I have reached my ultimate goal, (195 or less) .... in case I need a few extra weeks to make it there @ the end, but I'd rather be done with this after one entire year, then I can ease up and maintain my weight (which I think will be quite easy compared to what I'm doing now) Sorry if I am so hard headed, lol ! I don't want to slow down too much until I am done, I'm used to pushing hard by now in any case. When I go to a b'day party these days I don't think : "Oh great, look at that cake !! Gimme-gimme-gimme - - - more !!" I think : "Oh no ... I'm gonna have to eat a piece of cake..." that's the difference. I know I've been doing great so far but I won't be able to relax until I've reached my goal, it's a MENTAL thing really. I need to see a SHRINK about this. 4 and a half months to go, then I'll take a 2-day break, promise. ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

Packing my bag (luckily I can take my skinny jeans) and heading to marc's house - sounds like some partyin' is gonna be going on!

:D

la_loser

You go, Mr. Man With A Mission!

Post by la_loser » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah, Marc-you go! I just keep forgetting that one of your mods is that you for all purposes don't allow yourself S days along the way! Calling them intentional red days in a row when they would be yellow for the rest of us is so completely contrary to No S that I just have trouble wrapping my head around it! But it's working for you so more power to you! [Yes-I know--I've included another disclaimer within your disclaimer! ]

I know I'll never have your attitude--"oh, now-I will HAVE to eat a piece of cake!" ? :) For me, it's more, that cake would be screaming--"look over here-try me, try me! Come on, you know you want it!"

By the way, I have such a mental image of you desperately trying to weave through those other bikers yesterday, out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon bike ride, while Mr. Man with a Mission resolves to stay calm and keep from clenching his teeth and honk his new noisemaker to roust them out of his way! How dare they! It gave me a smile to picture it.

To be sure, your progress, stamina and determination are admirable.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Heh ! Yes, Berry, a party but I am not THE LIFE OF THE PARTY, I'm the one worrying about the cake and the calories in the 'DIP' ... ;-)

I have been doing extremely well during this first half of the month and also next week, same deal, because I know the end of the month will be tougher ...

Official weigh in tomorrow morning, I should be under 212 for sure now ...

Yeah, what I'm doing is pretty insane, doing this non stop and restricting the red days severely ... crunch time now. ;-) It was crazy anyway to plan on losing 85 pounds within a year's time but ... I'm doing it. Some people have done even more. I'd like to be down 70 pounds after 8 months (210) and then I'll only have 15 pounds to go during the last 4 months of my journey which doesn't sound so bad (although I know it'll be hard of course). I think I'll make it, but then I really never had any doubts, except maybe during the first half of march where I was struggling more than usual, but I have been quite good since then and got back on track.

Don't try this at home ! ;-) I'm doing this the right way though, eating super well and exercising every day basically at least 30 intense minutes. I am not starving, I need food to make it through my work outs.
When I feel HUNGRY in the late evenings I know that's when I am losing the most weight, it'd be super easy to pig out then, but I am using all my tricks to avoid it as much as I can.

I am intense on the bike path, that's true ... but I am not making dangerous maneuvers, I only overtake when it's safe ... that's why maybe during the weekends when the bike path is very busy with weekend only cyclists I'll try to work out at different times, maybe 5pm instead of 2pm on the weekends.

I've noticed it was less busy around dinner time then mid afternoon. Few people there are cycling at my pace which means I often have to overtake others, it's more convenient when there's less traffic coming the other way for that reason. I only have to worry about overtaking instead of getting stuck behind slower people while many people are coming from the other way, so I end up getting trapped behind.

I was even considering crazy schemes like putting a beam on the front of my bike to train in the late evenings when there's nobody there, also sometimes if I need to avoid the rain, I could train early/late They sell lights like that made especially for cyclists, they cost 30$ or more, I might try that later too. Midnight cyclin' ?? I haven't done it because there are critters that come out at night, raccoons, squirrels, skunks ... those might be in the way at night, blocking the 'passing lane' ... ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:26 am

My body is a temple ..............................
The temple of DOOOOOOOOOOM !!! ;-)

Good day today on Monday, I was good on my diet ...
except I had one cookie. (Still counts as a green day of course !)

I actually plan on making this a daily treat from now on, one chocolate chip cookie. That's a lil' something extra and this way I might stop fantasizing about those chocolate cookies late at night, lol ! I can have one daily as a reward if I behave myself.

They might have started ROTTING soon otherwise since they've been in there for so many months now... I'll microbite on them and in a month I should have gone through the whole package.

Monday I was cycling but a storm was brewin' , thunder rumbling ... and about 10 minutes before the time I was supposed to finish it started raining cats and dogs, just as I had predicted in my earlier message up there, unbelievable !! (I was off by a day though !) ... except I didn't plan on cutting my training short ... so I did an extra 10 minutes of jumping jacks when I got back home to make up for the missing cycling time.

Tuesday morning, official weigh in, I should be under 212, most likely mid 211's ... ;-)

Tuesday, double yellow is planned, 30 minutes cycling and a lil' cheating on the diet to deserve a yellow, nothing too excessive hopefully ... I have been extremely good since the beginning of the month and especially this past week so a double yellow will be appropriate. I also like to sneak a double yellow the day of a weigh in, so I can take a lil' break and still not be bothered too much since I have 5-6 days until the next weigh in ... and a yellow is easier to overcome too, I just need one double green day after and it's usually enough.

Updated HabitCal, 4-the next few days.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8

My objective for june 2009 : I'd be happy to lose anywhere between 5 and 6 pounds this month.

******* Update : Solid weigh in just now, june 16th : 211.6, down 1.2 since the last time, so I was pleased.
I have been very good all week long so I wasn't even scared stepping on the scale this time. I knew I had put in the work so I would get the benefits. ;-)

Here's my HabitCal, updated to the 18th (I often plan several days in advance and then adjust depending on what is happening)

SpreadPro chart :
Diet = 88% compliance
Training = 87% compliance

Over 87% for both of my main habits, this is my best month so far in that department. I know it'll be more difficult the next 2 weekends in a row so I'll try to hang in there. Updated signature below as well.

6/01/2009 215.6
6/16/2009 211.6 ( Down 1.2 )

6/22/2009 211.0 (Objective)
6/28/2009 210.2 (Objective)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/16/2009 : 211.6 pounds
7 months 16 days / 68.4 pounds

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 pm

LOL! Now I want a "My Body Is a Temple ... of DOOOOOM!" t-shirt.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 pm

lol ! Well, you have my approval if you want to put it on a t-shirt, a bumper sticker, a mug, anything ...
it's all good !

Just remember to spell it "DOOOOOOOOM" and not just : "doom" alright !! :-) I like the capital letters too.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm

And I could have a picture of Amrish Puri. I love him -- best Bollywood villain ever.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading. Very very impressive job so far!!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:27 pm

My squirrels are out during the day and I had a skunk 2 feet under me when I was on my deck this spring. The raccoons steal our bird food. In my opinion... get big tires and run some over! Sorry animal activists... I live amongst too much nature. :roll:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Thanks, Thalia, Nichole, Renee. ;-)

I was pleased with my weigh in this morning.
211.6 Yesterday I put on shorts that I was BARELY able to wear last summer weighin' around 280 pounds, they were really tight ... this year I have to tie the string around me or else they'd fall down, quite a change. Weigh loss requires more belts/strings. ;-)

Raccoons, those creatures are naughty ! I once had issues with them as they were climbing on the side of the house and trying to get inside the roof, causing damages. I had to spend hours reinforcing the side of the roof, well, all around the roof, they were pulling and pushing trying to get in there, especially around spring time.

I trapped them using PEANUT BUTTER. ;-) I caught 3 the other year and relocated them far away near a forest. They were running scared toward the woods as soon as I popped the trap door open. I have this nice sturdy metal cage I use for those special occasions where I have problems with creatures.
I pop the front door, put in the bait at the other end and then set it near where the raccoon was seen trying to climb and/or break in.

They are easy to catch but you have to be careful not to trap the neighbors' cat, this happened once, that cat was running so fast out of there, awesome speed ! lol !

I usually put a tbsp of peanut butter in there, a few big rocks on top of the cage so the prisoner won't be able to move it around and the next morning there's a raccoon in the cage, yay ! Even sooner sometimes, I remember once it only took a couple of hours after it was dark to catch the creature (They come out at night usually, not during the day). I went to release it at midnight since I didn't want it to be in the cage all night long.

A skunk was giving me trouble recently too but I was hesitating to use the cage cos' well .. skunks are more dangerous and they can stink up the trunk of the car I suppose, or even *you* if you are not careful. I let it be and it hasn't bothered me in a while now. It was digging for worms in the backyard in a couple of places.

I started melting a tbsp of peanut butter and mixing it with my plain yogurt too. it tastes so great !! I melt the peanut butter in the microwave, takes 20 seconds and then I pour the yogurt over it ... stir and mix. I found this tip online, I have to agree it gives the yogurt a great flavor too. I like peanut butter, just like those naughty raccoons.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:08 am

I am going to try the peanut butter mixed with yogurt! Peanut butter is one of my all time favorite foods. Great tip Marc! Sorry about your trouble with the little night creatures...good thing they like peanut butter too!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:55 am

I love peanut butter... Mimi, tell us if you like it. I may try it, but I think I need a second opinion on that one. :roll:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes, I love peanut butter ! ;-)

I have to be careful though, because there are quite a few calories in PB, I limit myself to 1 tbsp per day so a big PB jar lasts a couple of months probably. ;-) I never had a PB & J sandwich though, it's not something most people do around here, putting jelly on PB ??? Hum, it just seems strange. Maybe I'll try it sometimes.

I am really not so strict these days, I add a bit of maple syrup or melted peanut butter to my yogurt, one chocolate chip cookie per day, etc. It's micro-biting really since the portions are very small, 1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey here and there or a single cookie won't cause too many problems in the long run.

Typical double green day today.

Cycling, 51 minutes (1 extra minute, yes !) It's quite hot here today so I should be sweating bullets, good.
I always have a water bottle on my bicycle. I refill it once I am done with my training.

Diet, Same ol' situation. Chicken for dinner tonight. I have been good at taking the skin off before eating it lately, I cook it differently so the skin is not all 'crispy' ... I do that on purpose, if the skin is not 'crispy' I can resist eating it quite easily.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Doing great marc...

But, psst, your shorts are falling down... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. :roll:

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Your small cookie thing reminds me of what I'm doing. We have this huge bar of chocolate left over from camping in the fridge. It's Hershey's and is divided into sections, you know? Sometimes I'll steal half a square and savor it. Shhh it's our little secret. lol. I'm still losing weight so it's not affecting me :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:54 pm

MOMMMM, Nicole is eating candy!

Love,

Nellie Olsen :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, Berry, I need to use the string to make sure I am not INDECENT on the bike path !! I'd like to go to one of those nudist colonies so I could ride my bike naked .... awwwwwwwwh !! That would feel gooooood !! Naked bowling is also a popular activity. ;-)

Nichole, you're gonna ruin your appetite !! ;-) Nah,
I don't think a small piece of chocolate or a cookie makes a big difference ... not a lot of calories, that's what's good about micro biting, you can get the taste, not the calories ... it prevents bigger slip ups probably.

Talking about bike path and semi-nudity, it's all nice and sunny here today, so I was very HOT and sweating, good to get the toxins out.

I saw a cute young woman rollerblading while I was cycling, she was only wearing a lil' bikini, helllllllllo !! My eyes were nearly popping out of their sockets right there, cos' she was *HOT*, all nice n' curvaceous, and that tiny bikini didn't leave a whole lot to my imagination, huhuh. I could have SLOW ROLLED behind her for a while without even complaining about not being able to overtake. :-)

Strangely the first 15-20 minutes of my ride today were really tough, I was struggling to push as hard as I usually do, my legs were like jelly donuts (!) ... but then after that it was going great, not sure why but by the end I was probably going faster than when I started today. Nice work out again.

My routine, I usually do 8 min. X 6 + 3 minutes to get back home, total ... 51 minutes.

7 minutes going one way, rest one minute - then I turn around and come back where I started. 7 + 1 ...
6 segments total. I have been using the same course for a while now, I like it because it's in a nice area, lots of trees, no roads to cross either so I don't have to stop.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Updated HabitCal.

Planning ahead, I should be green all the way until sunday ... then sunday it'll be double yellow most likely and I'll go to a family reunion/party ... hopefully I'll be able to avoid a red day.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:08 am

Ok, So I was a lil' naughty on the 18th in the evening ...
I have to give myself a yellow for the nutrition instead of a green as I was planning. I think I ate too little for dinner actually, that's why I felt so hungry in the evening but it wasn't a huge binge, the referee gave me a simple yellow card, not a red one.

Still green on the exercise despite the continuous light rain today since I shovelgloved and did jumping jacks inside. 50 minutes. The rain prevented me from cycling once again.

Double green on the 19th, hopefully it'll be for real now.

My new profile name is : bluebunny27, since I wanted to have the same profile name I was using elsewhere, more convenient 4-me. Plus it makes it harder for the FBI to track me down as well (!). From now on you can call me 'Blue', 'Bunny', 'BlueBunny' 'Marc', it's all good.

Cheers !

bluebunny27 ;-)

missOlea

Post by missOlea » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:24 am

I love reading through the progress diaries of established "No S"ers - you're making heaps of progress!

And I had to comment to ask why you've never tried PB&J?? It's delicious with Strawberry jam. You've gotta get the amounts just right, though. Too much PB and it's pretty sticky and can be dry. Too much jam and it's far too sweet and goopy (that's a technical term).

Have you tried PB and sliced banana on toast? Or a PB and nutella (choc/hazelnut spread) sandwich? That's pretty fatty, but it's so yummy! I haven't had it in years, but sometimes I get a craving.

When I was in high school, I used to love making toast with PB so it would melt, and then put chocolate freckles on top! (Like huge chocolate chips, covered in sprinkles - I'm not sure if you guys in North America have them, so I decided to describe them). Yum, but awfully nutrient deficient, with high calories. Don't do it unless you want an S-Day treat!

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

From now on you can call me 'Blue', 'Bunny', 'BlueBunny' 'Marc', it's all good.
Blue? Somehow I don't see you as a *blue* kind of guy - you seem very upbeat!

Bunny? Um, I don't think so...

Bluebunny? The ice cream's delicious - but my downfall at times...so better not!

So, well... Marc it was...Marc it still is! It's all good! You're right! :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah, I'm all blue !! Actually if I recall I selected the name based on my avatar at the time ... a Blue bunny ... and then added a number. ;-)

I was surprised later finding out there was a dairy company with the name "Blue Bunny", :-)

I was a lil' blue last night actually, I weighed myself before going to bed and I thought it was a bit on the high side (lowering the number on the scale by 1.4 pound for the weight I would lose during the night of course) and then I went to bed thinking it would be hard to be at 211.0 on 6/22 perhaps... I was feeling bad about having had a yellow nutrition day instead of a green one as I was planning.

Then I weigh again this morning just to see and I am really not that far back, I'm even ahead ... I think I lost 2.4 pounds during the night, the most I can remember for a night ... so I was really weighing more last night due to water weight. I was HOT all night probably, under the covers and this lead to a greater loss ?? Also I was urinating for quite a long time this morning (Like in that film, Revenge of the nerds 2, Remember when OGRE goes to the bathroom to urinate in one scene ... and it lasts for a long time ...lol !)

Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise (1987)
*Ogre urinates for a total of 1 minute, 45 seconds.
Source, imdb.com

Amazing what you can find on the internet. ;-)

I should stop weighing at night from now on since it's not very precise anyway, some nights I lose 1.2 pound and others 2.4 ... so I can't really predict my weight the next morning that way ... I should wait until the next morning to get a more precise weigh in. I shouldn't be so curious !!

Miss Olea : "I love reading through the progress diaries of established "No S"ers - you're making heaps of progress!"

****** Thanks for your kindness ! Yes, I can almost see the finish line now. Only 16 more pounds to go during the next 4 months and then I'll be able to slow down, finally ... after so many crazy months in a row.
It'll seem strange not to be FULL ON all the time, not feeling guilty eating even a single chocolate chip cookie, that sort of thing.

Miss Olea : "And I had to comment to ask why you've never tried PB&J?? Have you tried PB and sliced banana on toast? Or a PB and nutella (choc/hazelnut spread) sandwich? That's pretty fatty, but it's so yummy! "

******* Not sure why ! I never put anything on PB. Just plain peanut butter, nothing else on top. I just started melting it and putting it in my yogurt and I like it though. I should experiment more in the future. Peanut butter makes everything taste better, right ?
lol !

Miss Olea : "I'm not sure if you guys in North America have them, so I decided to describe them). Yum, but awfully nutrient deficient, with high calories. Don't do it unless you want an S-Day treat!"

********** Aussies, you must rejoice cos' you are young and free !! ;-) Wishing you the best, down under ! Talking about Australia, I was just watching a nice program on kangaroos the other day on the National Geographic HD channel. It looked good on my big TV screen in high definition. I like watching those HD animal documentaries.

Cheers !

bluebunny27 ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:03 am

The Blue Bunny ice cream company isn't that far from me... I know a few employees... including the flavor inventor! I can't picture you as a blue bunny. :? Maybe it's your avatar... now you need to find a bunny for that too... to keep everyone off you trail. You're not singing the blues... but you are the hare of the tortoise and the hare story. I'm acting quite the turtle myself lately.

Keep hoppin' and makin' your tracks you rabbit runner you!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 am

Yes, my old avatar was less 'threatening', it was a fluffy lil' blue bunny, not a big bad black wolf, lol ! Sorry I should have started with that screen name from the get go, I usually use it so it's more convenient for me to remember it, especially since here for some reason I often have to enter it, I keep checking the box telling the system to remember and log me in automatically but it seems not to do that on a regular basis, not sure why.

Great day today, I was goin' as fast as the hare/bunny in the story, not running though, using my bike, lol ! ...
my legs were definitely NOT like jelly donuts today.

I was also restricting my diet big time. I chose to be MORE restrictive today (I was quite busy so I was even forgetting to eat actually). More than I have been in a long time. This was my most restrictive diet day in a month, I'm telling you.

I kept scratching off things from my list, things that were on my piece of paper. It was really a 'monastic' day. ;-)

Plus I trained really hard so I must have lost a lot of weight today (From my experience I would lose between 0.3 and 0.5 pound after a typical double green day, a super double green day like today I would lose even more than that probably.

I needed a super green day because tomorrow I should go to party town (Ref. Glenn Frey !) so I'll aim for a double yellow, 34 min. cycling in the early afternoon, I'll be running scared trying to avoid a red for the diet.

Then 2 green squares on sunday and it's a weigh in on monday morning where I should be under 211 pounds hopefully ... I'll be happy to get out of my 1st tough weekend without major damage, this took some long term planning. The next one will probably be even tougher as 2 parties are scheduled that weekend, saturday, sunday, 27th-28th instead of just one this weekend. I'll make sure to be VERY green a couple of days in advance there as well to get ahead a bit.

http://www.lyrics007.com/Glenn%20Frey%2 ... yrics.html

"Well I'm burnin' like a blowtorch in my prime
Ev'rybody here is a friend of mine
I met a little girl a couple shooters ago
She's teachin' me ev'rything I don't know
About Party town (Yeah, yeah)
They really party down (Yeah, yeah)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw

Cheers !

bluebunny27 ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:08 am

You're a funny guy, Marc. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:44 am

A drunken mess !! ;-)

Yeah, it's no good when you feel shame !! I did too tonight with a bad double red (Saturday night) ! I was hoping for a double yellow, but I was bad-bad-bad ! It started well, (although I skipped my training !) I was fighting up until 8 o'clock ... but it degenerated along the way. I had too much wine, cake, salmon, bagels, wine, mayo etc. Did I say wine twice ?? yeah. ;-)

Ok, it was a red, but I was so good recently I hope I won't be in too much trouble ... weigh in pushed early too, tomorrow morning. My whole system is out of whack, I thought I was in control ?? What's up ??

Ok, I was at a party tonight, All of a sudden people were discussing my weight loss in open court out of the blue, which was alright, I don't mind since it's hard to avoid now, it's quite obvious ...

Then someone said that 'I ate like a bunny' when I was describing my usual diet, eating veggies and whatnot, (ironic ??) I said I was eating salad, bulgur, carrots and celery all the time ... long story short and I was eating a 3rd piece of chocolate cake later on and getting drunk on wine while watching TAKEN (With Liam Neeson) ... which I had already seen 6 months ago, but it was a fine film so I didn't mind seeing it again.

No big deal, I had a bad red day in my system from way back I reckon', it felt pretty good watching an excellent movie while getting drunk ...

See you tomorrow when I sober up, hopefully for a double green this time (I'll be hurting while I'm cycling due to my drunkeness tonight, that'll teach me to get drunk !! I'll remember it when my legs feel like jelly donuts on the bike path.) ... I need to lay down now since I am a drunken mess and I feel like throwing up too ! I am not feeling too good. ;-( I'll probably eat little tomorrow.

Updated HabitCal

Cheers !

bluebunny27 ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6

******* Alright, tuesday morning weigh in. 211.0 pounds ;-)
I am happy that I have reached my weekly objective despite
my red day on saturday. 2 double green days in a row (Sunday-Monday, I was very good both
days) put me back on track. 3 more DG in a row are expected (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday)
I know I need to be extra good right now because from friday to sunday it'll be harder 2-3 parties
are planned, family reunions, that sort of thing so it'll be a tougher to train and also follow my
diet closely. For the moment, it's all good at least.

Also I should start JOGGING starting tomorrow, (Running using an interval training method would be a better way to describe it !), 51 minutes - - or less, not sure how hard it will be ??
If it's really tough, I'll do a bit less and then add more minutes later on ...
That was something I was planning to do in march-april
but I put that on the back burner because I was focusing more on the cycling. In march-april I was planning
on mixing those 2 sports, alternating ... so I should try jogging a lil' bit as well now, taking days off cycling and running
instead (Just like FOREST GUMP in the movie, remember when he started jogging !!?? ;-) I'll do running intervals
on this more quiet part of the bike path that is perfect for this. It's a side path that is not used as much as the other
main section (because it is shorter and leads to a street so the bike traffic is 10 times less intense there compared to
the traffic on the main section) I should alternate cycling-jogging to mix things up once in a while. My cardio has improved a lot,
I notice now even cycling extra hard I am not as out of breath as I was before. I need less 'resting time' to get
my heart rate down again and be able to continue, that sort of thing ...
I'll be happy if running is harder than cycling for that reason, you need to challenge yourself to make more progress,
so if running is harder than cycling I'll definitely add more jogging sessions to my training. I could also warm up by
cycling gently to a park nearby where I can lock my bike and then use the soccer/baseball fields or the track next to them
to run like GUMP, might be nice to run on grass there too.

Updated HabitCal - Up to june 25th

Updated SpreadPro chart. - Up to june 25th - Not a problem this month as I am well over my objective (80% compliance)

6/01/2009 215.6
6/23/2009 211.0 ( Down 0.6 )

6/29/2009 210.2 (Objective)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/23/2009 : 211.0 pounds
7 months 23 days / 69.0 pounds

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 pm

I tried the peanutbutter in my homeade yogurt. I definitely had to add some sweetener, but it was really good! Half that and half made with my Jam and we've got somethin' good! A PB&J-yougurt! :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Hum, peanut butter !! Make sure to melt it in the microwave and then quickly mix it in with the yogurt ... you have to do this fast because the yogurt is cold so the PB gets a bit grainy and doesn't mix so well if you wait too long ... trial and error ! ;-)

Yeah, I love music and also movies too. Plus now I always train listening to music on my mp3 player and during the cold season(s) I watch tv shows while working out. Not Richard Simmons though .. oh no .. arrrgh !! ;-)

I like it when I am working out and then I hear the beginning of a great song ... then I think : "It's gonna be great to exercise listening to that !!"

Example : Vangelis : "Conquest of paradise" ;-)

I was just running intervals !! Wow, this is HARD !! My legs were hurting once I got back home, they were like JELLY DONUTS but for a good reason this time, I was staggering almost as if I was intoxicated by alcohol ! ;-)

I managed to do only 45 minutes running intervals but it felt harder to do than my recent 51 minutes sessions on the bike. Plus when you run you don't have to deal with traffic on the bike path, secluded area so I only saw 2 cyclists the entire time I was there. It was safer then to have to overtake 100 slower people.

Interval running, this means I run at about 85% of my top speed for around 30 seconds, then I walk back to where I started at a rapid pace, brisk walk ... I was checking my pulse, right after running fast I was in the low 160's and after the rapid walk back I was down to 135 ... then I wait about 15 seconds to get in the 120's and I do it again, run fast-walk back, run fast, walk back ... this is what sprinters do at the Olympics, and did you see their bodies ?? unbelievable !!

Of course they would laugh seeing my top speed is 50% slower then theirs probably, maybe 65%, they would laugh *HARD* seeing me running trying to catch up to them, they could take a break mid race and still finish ahead of me ! ;-)

My legs will hurt like hell tomorrow morning, lol ! It's usually like that when I break in a new exercise routine and of course I can't do a lil' 10 minutes and build on that slowly but surely, I have to be full on for 45 minutes straight the very 1st time, so typical ! It was very hot so I had brought 2 bottles of water instead of just one and by the time I got home they were both empty.

I'll try to find a spot where I can do this on grass or around a gravel track (there's a soccer field nearby that could be ideal), It should be easier on me too, but I was pleased by this TEST RUN today.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Alright woke up this morning with sore legs, no surprise there ! ;-) It's the usual when I work hard with a new exercise. I remember when I did very intense squats this past winter it was painful to walk, especially to go down stairs for 2-3 days after that
1st time. ;-)

This shall not stop me though. I'll stretch and apply anti-soreness cream on there. I'll cycle instead of running today, Wed. Beautiful sunny day, time to be green. I'll keep the running sessions for the weekends in particular when the bike path is more crowded, probably alternating ... 2-3 sessions per week, same with the cycling.

Diet, green as usual, this hasn't been too much of a struggle this month.

Both my habits, over 85% compliance so I have been goooooooooood all month long. My best % since I started tracking this in Feb. 2009.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 am

If you take a bit of the yogurt and mix it with the peanutbutter, then mix it with the rest of the yogurt, you won't have to microwave it. That's what you do when you mix thicker stuff in with runny stuff. :wink: Am I a Mom or what?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 am

Wow, nice tip !!

I didn't know that ... I shall try that doing that
soon. I knew I should have asked a mom for the best way of mixing peanut butter and yogurt instead of trying to come up with my own method, lol !

Thanks mom ! ;-)

Changed my set up tonight, I should have a yellow nutrition day tonight and then green tomorrow for the diet and only a yellow for the training, I need a lil' break to get my puny legs back to normal, lol ! I was just stretching the 'lower body' earlier tonight and also warming up with various moves I normally do before work outs, to get the circulation going ... applied some cream as well, Flex-o-something, good when you have sore muscles ... my PUNY legs feel better now. (I cycled today and it went fine though, I was only getting sore later on)

PUNY LEGS !!

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Thursday, I'll try to cycle later on ... although rain is expected so I'll monitor the situation. Diet, Green.
I'll try to make some YOGURT later today too.

Updated HabitCal picture ... rain could force me to make some changes of course. ;-)

I've had a really good month so far and I expect to be around 210 at the end of this month as long as I don't misbehave until the 30th, just being relatively good will be sufficient.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice work! Have you ever posted "before" and "in progress" pics? That's a pretty dramatic difference.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:33 pm

No pictures have been posted yet.

I am waiting for nov. 1st ... ;-) I'll only post before and after pictures once I am done with my year long plan.
Maybe in progress pics too, who knows ...

I already have the 'before' pictures, I selected them the other night ... wait ... I guess I could post THOSE now ...
(I blocked my face though, because I don't want my face to be on the internet !)

Ok, here it is ... before pictures - 5'10" - around 280 pounds there.

Left pic., catching a RACCOON is hard work.
(That black coat I have on that pic couldn't even be zipped up anymore because it was too tight, now I can put it on and zip it up, fits perfectly.)

Right pic., using my old bike. (I have a newer one now)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Congratulations! That's quite a difference!

Please don't sic your raccoon on me if I ever annoy you. :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Awe Marc... you have white socks!!! We really need to get you some neon green! Thanks for posting your pix. We can't wait to see the after. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:58 pm

Lol ! Yeah, those photos were not too impressive ... the 'After' photos will look better.

I stepped on the scale this morning, quickly ... just to see what's been going on ... 210.2

Wowo !! ;-)

This is what I'm supposed to weigh on 6-29 (next monday morning) so if I remain there, I reach my objective ... then it'll be a short race to 7-1 and hopefully 210.0

Today, monitoring the sky because rain could begin any time. I'll try to sneak in a green cycling work out if I can. 51 min. My legs are not as sore today, I tried a few things to get back to normal after my problems following my recent interval running session. Last night I was warming up my puny legs, than doing jumping jacks for 5 minutes, then stretching ... then applying some anti sore cream, also took a long shower. I'm better now although not 100% ... I think I'll run 5-7 minutes daily so my legs get used to running, it was not a good idea to do 45 intense minutes straight the very first time, lead to a few days of problems, sore legs, especially the front part of the lower legs, close to the ankles. I was walking like a PENGUIN for 2 days, especially going down stairs. ;-) Doing a lil' bit every day and then adding more minutes will probably prevent this ... ;-) At least I can continue to cycle in the meantime, just a bit uncomfortable but not that bad.

Diet, huh ... GREEN !

Updated habitcal, made a couple of changes.
I have to be sneaky with the training these days because rain is expected nearly every day until the end of june, I'll sneak in there trying to get things done when it's possible.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Wooo!!! Go Marc!!! :mrgreen:
Hmmmm come on, I dare you to post a pic of your face too! Hehe :wink:
I can already imagine what you must look like now with that much weight off you. I'm tempted to say post something for "during" now and then again in Nov.... Would be encouraging to everyone and I'm venturing that by November your "post during-during" will be even more dramatic!

8) Debs

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:24 pm

lol !

My face, hum no .... I'd rather pose entirely NUDE instead, Hellllllllllo !! ;-)

I don't really want my face to be posted on the internet, if a few people here (people I've known for a while) want the original unedited versions I could send them the original unedited pics in a private message of course as long as they promise not to post it anywhere on the internet or send them to another person later on ! ;-)

Hum, I'll consider posting some in progress pictures, but I really wanted to wait until nov. 1st, I'll take the 'After' pictures that exact day most likely ... naughty.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm sure there is already a dramatic difference - we'll look forward to the *unveiling*!!! You're an inspiration, Marc, even if you are following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet. Keep up your great work!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks for the nice words, you are sooooo nice ! :-)

Ok, crazy situation this morning ! Yesterday I did manage to cycle for 51 minutes and I was also very strict on my diet (for various reasons it was a strange day, I couldn't eat my meals at the same times, even late in the evening, I skipped on some things, etc.) I wasn't feeling too bad, not starving but I knew I must have lost a lot of weight that day ... I know when I am hungry, I have a feeling it's a big loss coming up.

I was curious so I stepped on the scale this morning ...
(When good things are expected I don't mind stepping on the scale for an unofficial weigh in !)

My weight : 208.6 ! Big loss, probably my biggest for a single day, 1.6 pound down in a day, ;-) I don't think it's because I am dehydrated or anything, I drank plenty of water yesterday as usual, all that, it was the restrictive diet combined with the intense exercise in the sun, most likely ! ...

Of course I may gain a bit back, especially tomorrow because a party is planned but 210 for the end of the month is definitely a LOCK now unless I screw up big time until then. I am even aiming for 209 on july 1st now and a 6.6 pound loss in june, better than I was expecting for this month and better than my result
in may, (6.0 down). My great % of compliance to my habits is kicking in big time or so it seems, 85% for both of 'em, only 3 red squares so far in june in my habitcal habits ... best performance since I've been tracking this ... it can definitely explain my result in june so far. Kicked in at the end of the month in particular. ;-)

I'll aim for 5 down in july probably ... getting closer and closer to 200 now ... woo hoo ! . In late august / early sept. , I should see a '1' as the first number on the scale ... That will be a 10/11 year low for me ;-)

Raining today, very light rain so I hope it stops for a few hours straight in the afternoon ... With this heat,
the path can be dry in a few hours as long as it stops raining, I'll try to cycle then of course (green, 51 minutes). Sneaking in there. If it doesn't I'll probably only do a yellow training day inside, taking a lil' break, 34 minutes instead of 51. Shovelglove and jumping jacks ... also my legs are all better now, not sore, 95% recovery.

Diet, green, but not as green as yesterday of course !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Update, june 27th.

The rain had stopped around noon so I waited until 3pm ... it was all nice and dry, it looked like I would be able to go after all ...

I started cycling and all was going well ... and then ... more RAIN !! .. Grrrr ! the worst part is the rain lasted only about 10 minutes but that was enough to put the kibosh on my cycling for the day.

I managed to do approx. 12 minutes before the rain started so when I came home I went down in the basement and I was shovelglovin' and doing jumping jacks to finish my work out. It'll turn out to be a yellow day today instead, 35 minutes total (12 + 23)

It was a productive work out though, once I was done with the basement part of the work out my t-shirt was soaked, unbelievable. Probably because it was very hot, humid outside and I was training in a lil' room with the windows closed. ;-) Drank plenty of water of course.

I'll do a green day tomorrow instead of a yellow as I was planning, so the yellow-green days have changed places.

It was nice to shovelglove and do jumping jacks a bit, I usually do those exercices more during the cold season ... warm season I am cycling/running, unless rain prevents me from working out of course.

Updated habitcal.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Ok, I cycled earlier today since rain is expected in the afternoon : Green = 51 min., nice.

I'm going to a party later as well ... ;-)

Diet, I know it'll be a yellow since there'll be wine and also some cake at the party, I cut a few items from my usual routine because of that, saving some 'calories' for later ... I'll try very hard not to have a red today.
End of the month party, no time to recover if I stumble badly. I should be ok with a yellow though.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, I should be between 209.0 and 209.4 hopefully.

Since it's been going really well in june I'll probably change my year long objective to 193 instead of 195
on nov. 1st (Down 16 in the next 4 months,
july-august-sept.-oct.)

After that I'll try losing another 6 pounds within the next 6 months. I think maintaining around 186-189 long term would be perfect for me.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm

You have such challenge enthusiasm! You've reserved your space yet again! :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm always enthusiastic when I get good results ! ;-)

Reminds me huh ... your message about 'Visual reminders' ...

I read in some book I was checking out that you should wear tight clothes (or at least a tight belt on your pants) so you are unconsciously 'reminded' that you are trying to lose the weight ... my belt is usually a bit on the tight side in any case. ;-)

Also I've been SS-ing lately ... I call it, 'Super Splitting' ...
;-) Having 4 or even 5 smaller meals every 3 or 3 1/2 hours instead of 3 larger ones every 5-6 hours, that sort of thing. It seems to be a good idea, I may keep going doing that in the future. I save some things from my usual 3 meals and spread it over 4 or 5 meals instead ...

I was already doing that saving yogurt and half fruit, saving a few almonds and a tbsp. of molasses ... but I have done it a bit more extensively lately (due to things coming up, messing with my meal schedule !) and it actually made me use this other method that seems to work fine too. I don't feel as hungry as I did before at the moment.

Example, before for lunch I would have a small plate of leftovers from the day before, a slice of toasted bread and a salad I make myself mixing all sorts of veggies, carrots, peas, celery, cucumber, lettuce, corn, chickpeas, barley, 2 tbsp of vinaigrette etc.

Now, I have the leftovers and instead of having the salad right away alongside ... I wait a few hours to eat the salad. Same quantity of food, spread over a longer period of time. Possibly a new tweak I stumbled upon and that seems to be quite good for me.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:19 am

Ok, lots of colors changing in my habitcal.

I was so good today despite the party, I'm actually giving myself a green day.

I was eating like a sparrow early on Sunday as I was expecting to eat more later on ... but it didn't happen.

I had half a glass of wine at the party and a tiny piece of cake, hardly could be called cheating really since I wasn't eating a lot other than that, my main meal was almost a micro portion. The cake wasn't that large so everyone had a piece but it wasn't a huge one (I liked that !) And even the small part of the cake that was left was given to one of the guests, less temptation for me, not having leftover cake available, good again !)

I probably had fewer calories overall today than a typical green day, so why would I call it a yellow over a tiny piece of cake ?? That would be crazy. I worry about calories, not if they came from a tiny piece of cake or something healthier like nuts for example.

Tomorrow it'll probably be a real yellow day ... both for the diet and the exercise, it'll probably rain all day long so I'll be forced to work out inside ...

Official weigh in tomorrow morning ... it should go well. 208.6 or less would please me ... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot lower anyway, low 208's - high 207's ... since I was training hard today and I didn't eat a lot.

I was at 208.6 two days ago and I am behavin' like an angel since then ... I'll bounce back up a bit if I take a double yellow on monday and then tuesday, probably all green or maybe a double yellow again to take a lil' break and avoid losing too much too fast ... (if my weigh in tomorrow morning is lower than 208.0, that's probably what I'll do ...)

End of the month, always good to end a month, reaching my objective or even a better result.

Seems like I keep planning some things in advance these days and it never turns out as I am planning ...
I always have to make changes : meal times, training, rain starting-stopping-starting, training session stopped mid way through, worrying about parties where I end up not eating half as much as I was expecting ... all that ... multiple changes required.
I make sure to have my degree of compliance way up in any case, so I am not gettin' into trouble.

I'm actually TOO GOOD these days, I have to add a few more yellows, saving some green squares for next month where I may need 'em ! ;-) Only 2 red nutrition days in june ?? Best result since feb. when I started tracking this !

Note, someone took my picture at the party and I saw it later on ... I think it's the first time since 2001 - I thought I actually looked 'pretty good' in the picture, I didn't think I looked too fat on there ... not really slim either of course, over 200 pounds, but not a fat boy at least ... I didn't think : "Look at how fat I am ... so Fat !! delete that photo !!!" That felt a bit strange ... ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6

My objective for june 2009 : I'd be happy to lose anywhere between 6 and 7 pounds this month.

Updated HabitCal - Up to june 30th
Subject to a few changes.

Weigh in this morning (6/29), 208.2 ... niiiiice !! ;-)
I've decided to take it easy on the 29th and the 30th ...
2 double yellow days since I have been doing so well ... I'm 2 pounds ahead of my initial objective for this month so I have been melting lately ! Saving some green squares for july.

Future weigh in dates and objectives

6/01/2009 215.6
6/23/2009 211.0 ( Down 0.6 )
6/29/2009 208.2 ( Down 2.8 )

7/01/2009 208.0 (Objective)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/29/2009 : 208.2 pounds
7 months 29 days / 71.8 pounds

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Woe Marc, what a happy drop again for you! Good goin' :wink: I was going to say "how can you have such big drops after all of this time?" but we know how you're doing it... duh again. You just keep going... you're more like the energizer bunny.
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks Renee ! Ur always so nice ! ;-)

Yeah, I think it's all due to the high degree of compliance this month ... I am pushing it using 84-85% compliance for both of my habits this month ... Nutrition and exercise.

I had a real breakthrough this past week. I think my body was holding on to the fat for a lil' while noticing
I was pushing harder than usual, took a lil' while but it finally let go ... ;-) It required some persistence.

I have been super good, even yesterday I was thinking about cheating a bit, I could have really, since I was so far ahead ... but I didn't ... I knew I would have a good weigh in this morning ...

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Ok, I shovelgloved inside last night, mixed in with some jumping jacks, 35 minutes ... I was sweating profusely, felt pretty good. Yellow for the diet, I had an extra bagel in the evening ...

Same is expected today. 35 min. Shovel / Jacks
+ one extra BAGEL !!

I have started weighin' more often actually, semi-daily, only one weigh in per week is 'official', all the other ones are just out of curiosity, I note the result down so I can see TRENDS ... I don't freak out about those in between weigh ins though since I know my weight is always fluctuating based on so many factors.

Semi-daily weigh ins, one official weigh in each week, seems like a good set up at the moment.

Official first/last weigh in of the month tomorrow morning, I should be in the low 208's probably.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow, marc, I was so happy to read your post. I was anxiously awaiting your weigh in. Seriously.

So happy you are dong so well, and even happier that you are enjoying the journey to better health.

Berry :D

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks, Berry ! Always good to get some support !
There was some *suspense*, huh ?? A nail biter ! ;-)

I have been doing really well in june, except for a couple of glitches but it was nearly a perfect month overall.

I will only have had 3 red squares in june ... 2 habits monitored. 30 X 2 = 60 squares. 3 out of 60 = 5% red ... definitely my best result ever. I think posting my habitcal photo directly here really helps too, motivates me to BE GOOD.

Final version, Habitcal. June.

June training = 83% compliance
June nutrition = 84% compliance
(* both habits, best % of compliance since feb.)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Is that YOU Bluebunny and your little dog? You really love keeping us in suspense, don't you!!! :lol:

All this talk of biking each day - I didn't know you enjoyed motorbiking too!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Nope... that says 2007, and he peddles, and he hasn't mentioned a dog, and dogs need walking. Although he is wearing green! Yea, he's holding us in suspense. What is the picture Marc?
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Oh, no ... I just thought it was a funny picture, lol !

I don't plan on posting other pictures of myself until november as I said ...

I haven't seen anyone else's pictures either, heh !

To post a picture, go on this site :

http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

Upload the photo you have in your computer.

Get the IMG link to your image ...
(IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards)

Post the link here in your message, make sure to uncheck the 'Disable bbc code' option below the reply box ... takes a minute once you are used to it.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6
7-01-2009 208.2 ( June 2009 Down 7.4, Total : 71.8 )

My objective for july 2009 : I'd be happy to lose between 5 and 6 pounds this month.

Updated HabitCal

Weigh in this morning (7/1), 208.2 ...even STEVEN !! ;-)
Last/First weigh in of the month. Ready to start july on the right track hopefully.

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.0 ( Objective )
7/12/2009 205.8 ( Objective )
7/18/2009 204.6 ( Objective )
7/24/2009 203.6 ( Objective )
7/29/2009 202.8 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 202.6 ( Objective )

Cheers !

********** Today, Double green.
51 min training. All inside. Shovelglove, Jumping Jacks, etc. Diet = Behavin'

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
8 months / 71.8 pounds

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:03 am

In progress pictures ! ;-)

oct. 2008 - 280 pounds

june 4th 2009 = 215 pounds approx.

july 1st 2009 = 208 pounds approx.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
( 8 months / -71.8 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 193.0 pounds ( 1 year / -87.0 pounds )
Last edited by bluebunny27 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 am

Way to go Marc!!!! You are looking *hawt*!!! :wink:

Still a bit weirded out by that white box you have as a face but oh well, I guess you want to stay incognito.

Really awesome!!!
Congratulations!!! :D
8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:19 am

You should also take a side view and then put it side by side with your "before" photo..
What a fantastic transformation!
I'm thrilled for you!!! :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 am

lol ! Thanks, Debs ! ;-)

BTW ..... I really have a white box as a face ... shocking truth revealed, arrrrrrgh !! ;-)

.... Yeah, sorry but I don't want my face to be posted on the internet, weird, huh ?? Plus, you can imagine any face you want that way, isn't it better ? Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, take your pick, lol !

I'll try to take better photos (from all sides) once I am done with this in early november ... I'll try to wear tight clothes and TUCK IN that shirt on that day too.

I had more in progress pics but in some of them I wasn't wearing very tight clothes so I had to discard 'em. I am not used to TUCKING IN those shirts, I suppose. ;-) Even now after losing weight, I can't tuck in ... yet. I'm too used to dress like a typical fat boy, you know !

Later in november if someone I know well here wants the unedited versions of the photos, they can send me a private message and I can send the photos attached to an e-mail probably, as long as it's understood the unedited pics shouldn't be posted anywhere or sent to another person of course. I won't send them to someone I never heard of before, it has to be somebody that I have known for a while.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:44 am

And don't forget.. You said you would take your next batch of pix in the NUDE!!!
Hahahah, get crackin! LOL :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:46 am

In the nude ???

I'll need to use and EXTRA LARGE white box in that case ... so the pictures are DECENT, you know ! ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:47 am

Hahaha :mrgreen:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Oh man ! July 1st and I struggle already.

Late last night I cheated and earned a red nutrition day.. Nice way to start the month ! I ate too many almonds, chocolate and even a couple of bagel sandwiches with extra mayo, worth a red.

I'll have to be good 2 days in a row to make up.

I think I was stressed for the past 5-6 days in a row. Many things were happenin' and I was stressed, I manage to make it to the end of the month but then I failed on the 1st in the late evening.

Oh well, the good thing about failing early in the month is I have plenty of time to BE GOOD again ...
2 double green days in a row expected now ... then on saturday it's my sister's b'day ... so there'll be some cake most likely ... I'll try to be really good anyway.
I'll mark that day as a yellow for now ... july, my sister's and my mother's b'days early and mid way through

I'll exercise hard too. Running, Shovelglove & Jumping Jacks. 51 minutes.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:47 pm

You should be very proud of yourself! Still no green socks though...
Please pray for me

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Wow, marc, you look great. Very healthy and strong.

Berry :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:14 pm

I don't even think I have green socks actually ! lol !

Thanks for your support, Renee & Berry, wow !!

Ok, I just made a new resolution ... it is to STOP "dressing like a fat boy" .... that's how I would describe it !! ;-)

I've lost 70 pounds plus and I still dress the same way, not tucking in shirts, sweaters, etc.

So for the first time in 10 years probably I am tucking in that nice sweater I have on, I'm not wearing it like a fat boy would - - hanging around me, not tucked in ... to hide my fat belly as I did before. I'm tucking it in instead this time, even if it feels rather weird, lol !

I was so used to dressing like a fat boy that I was never tucking in for years, even when I was alone in the house, no tuck. ;-)

Remember in the film ADAPTATION, when Nicolas Cage was talking about the way he dressed, I think it was in the opening monologue ... geesh ! I can find the quote somewhere.

Ok here it is :

"All I do is sit on my fat ass ... If my ass wasn't fat I would be happier. I wouldn't have to wear these shirts with the tails out all the time ... like that's fooling anyone .... fat ass."

Nicolas Cage in ADAPTATION - 2002

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:33 am

WOW--great job you look so much smaller! Keep up the great work. Pictures are so encouraging to everyone else.
Wife of 14 years and homeschooling Mama to 4 blessings. DD 9, DS 7, and DBT (dear boy twins) 5.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks, Freedom !

:-)

I have been doing better now. I had a super green nutrition day tomorrow and this morning I weighed myself just to see if my red day on the 1st of july had done any damages ... my weight : 207.8, not that bad at all ! My next objective is 207.0 on the 6th .... I might get there if I behave. If not, I'll work harder if I can get 3 days in a row without any disruptions to my routine,
lol !

Tough day today and tomorrow though ... guests and my sister's b'day party too ... both days.

Seems like it's harder recently with multiple guests, visitors, parties ... this makes it tougher because I always have to change my usual routine. Also because there are more temptations, cakes, pizzas, all that ...

Double green, friday. I may have to train inside due to the rain that is expected.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 am

I'll be away on vacation in the countryside all next week, so I won't be able to update my daily check in or check the board, messages - - much.

Even these days, I have to get ready, preparing suitcases and whatnot etc. It'll turn into a weekly check in instead of a daily.

Hopefully I'll be good but it's a vacation, I don't expect to break weight loss records this month for that reason ... With the rough start in july (possibly due to the stress I have experienced recently !) I'll probably be lucky to end up losing 3 pounds this month anyway, lol ! Oh well ... ;-)

I'll try to sneak training sessions in there ... and I'll bring my SHOVELGLOVE of course.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:17 am

Marc, your pictures are awesome, no to mention inspirational!
Have fun in the countryside on your vacation next week! You deserve a break - a little one, you know, no vacation days gone wild! Just enjoy being away.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:25 pm

****** Thanks, Mimi, You rock n' roll !! ;-)

Updated HabitCal

Weigh in tomorrow. july 6th am, before leaving on a week long vacation. I probably won't make it to 207.0 due to a rocky start in july ... the training has been great but I had 2 red days almost back to back ... I was too naughty. I weighed myself this morning, Sunday, just to see and the result was 208.4, so I'm guessing even being super green today I won't go under 207.8, 207.6 by tomorrow morning .. oh well. That'll teach me to misbehave and BE NAUGHTY. I am not too depressed about it though, I keep meeting people who compliment me about my weight loss. Just a couple of days ago I met a couple I hadn't seen in 6-7 months and they were mighty impressed ... they were oohing and awhhing ... ;-) So much that it was a lil' 'embarrassing' ... heh ! (They have both lost some weight too, 5 years ago, probably 50 pounds each so they could definitely relate, I think they may have gained some weight back since then, but not the whole thing, maybe 10-15 pounds each, my estimation. I wouldn't ask about things like that, it's too personal.)

I won't update my check in too often while on vacation, I'll note down what I've been doing and will write a report later ... I'll try to be mighty good, especially with the training part ... training helps me to erase mistakes in the kitchen, so I definitely need a strong % of compliance to my training habit this month ... so far july has been my toughest month, besides march ... 2 red days almost back to back, shame on me ! :-)

I shall overcome though. In early march, the first 2 weeks (4 red nutrition days within the first 17 days of that month), I was struggling big time but then I turned it around and I was rollin' in the last 2 weeks of that month, ending up with a loss of 4 pounds ... hopefully I can do the same here despite the struggle. It should be easier since I only had 2 red days, not 4 and the month has just begun too, it's not like I'm having 2 red days right at the end and there's no time to recover)

A bunch of things have been happening in late june, early july, disrupting my schedule and my routine often ... one week of being naughty won't erase months of good behavior at least.

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.0 ( Objective )
7/12/2009 205.8 ( Objective )
7/18/2009 204.6 ( Objective )
7/24/2009 203.6 ( Objective )
7/29/2009 202.8 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 202.6 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 07/01/2009 : 208.2 pounds
8 months / 71.8 pounds

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Have fun and enjoy your vacation Marc!
This is your first one I think on NoS?? You would be surprised how "portable" it is to do on a vacation.
Try not to have a whole week of "naughtiness" cos you are doing so well and I for one, would like to see you continue with your successes!
Just pick a few S events that are truly S worthy, and don't go insane!
See you later skinny! :wink:
8) Debs

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Aww, marc, go forth and be naughty.

We'll whip ya back in shape when you return.

:lol:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks, Berry & Debs. Yeah, I'm gone in a few minutes.
I'll work out hard even while being away, I'm pretty confident I'll make it, lol ! I'll bring my scale on the road, so I can monitor myself too, this way I won't have bad surprises later ... Just a quick post to update here and indicate my weight this morning.
Weigh in. july 6th am, 207.6 pounds, not too bad considering the circumstances lately ...

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.6 ( Down 0.6 )
7/12/2009 206.6 ( Objective )
7/18/2009 205.6 ( Objective )
7/24/2009 204.6 ( Objective )
7/29/2009 203.6 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 203.2 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/06/2009 : 207.6 pounds
( 8 months 6 days / -72.4 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Here we go! I'll start knitting... maybe I'll be done when you get back.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1331/941 ... 9c7284.jpg

Woohoo! Lookin' good!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Recent months :

11-1-2008 280.0

1-13-2009 250.0
2-19-2009 237.8
3-14-2009 232.2
4-14-2009 224.8
5-15-2009 217.8
6-16-2009 211.6
7-01-2009 208.2 ( June 2009 Down 7.4, Total : 71.8 )

My objective for july 2009 : I'd be happy to lose 5 pounds this month.

Updated HabitCal

Weigh in. july 11th am, 206.4 pounds. I got back on track, even if it was hard sometimes. No red days during my vacation and I trained every day too. I was running and climbing stairs, shovelglovin', all that good stuff. Anyway on my vacation I was goooooood, I didn't cheat, a couple of yellow days, but nothing serious and I was training too everyday. I started running. There were some stairs outside as well so it was good cardio to go up 100 stairs and then back down again, repeat about 10 times, lol ! I was also running intervals and my legs were not that sore, I think it's because I am more used to running now and also I was running on grass (not weeds) instead of pavement, this could be why I wasn't as sore later on, it was surprising considering when I ran on hard pavement I was very sore for 2-3 days in a row after that.I was good and lost some weight, back in control and no more whining about july being 'one of the toughest months' ever. I should be able to lose 5 pounds in july if I apply myself.

I also started watching this show on TV, it's called X-Weighted (?) Anyway it's a one hour show about someone trying to lose weight. I find it quite interesting. Every episode is about a different person and it's shot over a long period of time too. The person sets a goal, 60 pounds in 6 months for example and then they have a nutritionist telling them what to eat, a trainer explaining how they should train, etc. It's all very interesting since it's basically what I have been doing on my own for over 8 months now. I could have been on that show, lol ! It's all very serious and not over the top like The biggest loser for example, humiliating the contestants, tempting them with cupcakes or having to vote off other people, much more interesting program in my opinion.

Here's what I found online :
http://www.slice.ca/Shows/showspage.aspx?Title_ID=97067
"X-Weighted is a series of one-hour documentaries about adult Canadians each fighting their individual war on fat. The bulge-busters hail from across Canada (Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver). Carrying from 40 to 150 extra pounds each, they run, climb, pump, bike and dance their way to healthier weights, during periods of four to six months.

X-Weighted records all the plans and pitfalls, gripes and grit that go hand-in-hand with achieving this often-exasperating goal. The emphasis is on the underlying causes and ongoing triggers for excess weight as these frank but feisty people grapple with their personal flaws, emotional baggage and suppressed conflicts."

7/01/2009 208.2

7/06/2009 207.6 ( Down 0.6 )
7/11/2009 206.4 ( Down 1.2 )

7/16/2009 205.6 ( Objective )
7/22/2009 204.6 ( Objective )
7/28/2009 203.6 ( Objective )
8/01/2009 203.2 ( Objective )

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

07/11/2009 : 206.4 pounds
( 8 months 11 days / -73.6 pounds )
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 192.0 pounds ( 1 year / -88.0 pounds )

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Wow, you are doing great. I think it was a good idea to keep up the vigorous exercise, you enjoy it and your body would surely react unkindly if you suddenly stopped. Glad you enjoyed yourself AND kept with the program.

I love XWeighted, watch it every day at three pm here, do the Gazelle the entire hour it is on. It alternates days with a show called I Lost It! which profiles four different people (in four 15 minute segments) that have transformed their life. I find these type of shows to be very isnpirational.

Berry :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks, Berry !

Oh, you're such a *GAZELLE*, :-)

I was a lil' depressed goin' on vacation because I had been struggling but I worked harder and now I think I am alright to reach my objectives ... I am happy to be able to run more now too, I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it after that 1st experience ... all I have to do is run on grass (not weed) instead of hard pavement and I'm fine apparently, not sore at all.

I also stretch for a few minutes right after I am done with my running session and I mix it up with my beloved jumping jacks of course so I am only running 50% of the time, really ... 50 minutes total. I'll mix interval running and interval cycling from now on. ;-) There's a soccer and a baseball field nearby where I can run on grass (not weed), so it's convenient too.

Whenever I exercise in front of the television (I'll do that tonight since it's been raining all day !) I usually watch shows with criminals, police investigations, etc.
Shows like THE FIRST 48 (A&E), CRIME 360 (A&E), LOCK UP (MSNBC) ... INTERVENTION (A&E) 48 HOURS (CBS)...
I record all my programs so I have a nice selection at all times. I save some of the crime shows for future work outs sometimes, making sure I have some left.

Yes, I record X-weighted now too, it's on mon-fri at 4pm ... I have watched a handful of shows now and I like it a lot, quite inspiration since the people portrayed are successful so far.

There's another show I found too, called ... "The last 10 pounds" where people who are not extremely overweight are portrayed, they just need to lose a few pounds, 10-15, within a month. Nutritionist, personal trainer, everything. That show is a bit more 'sensational' but still worth watching, 30 min. episodes.

On the last episode I saw - - a young man lost 30 pounds within a month, crazy ! He wasn't even that big when he started too, went from 195 to 165 ... so he was probably starving and working out like crazy in my opinion (probably not a good idea to be this extreme anyway ! He lost 20 pounds within the first 2 weeks, my eyes were popping out of their sockets seeing those numbers. The trainer said it was a 'record' for the show.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Alright, back to the old routine ...

Unofficial weigh in this morning too ...

206.4 .... even Steven since the eleventh (say it fast !)
;-)

That's ok ... now I need 3 solid green days in a row to make progress and get in the low 205's by the 16th in the morning for my next weekly weigh in. Anything below 205.8 at that time would be nicer of course. I am planning 3 solid green days in a row and then a double yellow to relax a lil' bit.

Training : Running intervals today, 13th of july, mixed with various calisthenics moves as I usually do, Jumping jacks, squats and whatnot. 50 minutes of intense training. (+10 minutes on the bike to get to the soccer field and back so that's 60 minutes, really !)

Diet, Green. I've been good for a long time to make up for my awful start in july and now with 2 green days in a row I'll finally be up to 80% compliance for the month of july.

That'll teach me to have 2 reds within the first 3 days this month, worst start ever and it's hard to make up for that ! Took me half the month to get back up to 80%.

It's funny someone was offering me cool french pastries the other day and there was no way I would have that, I made up some excuse about being full and I didn't have any, that felt good not to cheat, even on vacation I was very careful. I could have had a microbite, really, but I didn't feel like it. Monastic !!

Training, % of compliance will be around 93% soon
so I was definitely making up for my diet issues in early july by training harder than ever basically this month.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Whenever I feel slack and lazy I read yours and suddenly notice how slack and lazy I have been, so I get up and go exercise. Your enthusiasm is contagious!! Thanks Marc!

Got a slack and lazy picture for on my check-in? I may need it. :wink:
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Lol ! Thanks, Renee ! I made a mistake in my earlier post, it's 3 solid green days in a row now before taking a double yellow 'break' ... not 2 ... my bad. I corrected the mistake. Not too bad actually, gives me one more extra day to reach my 205.6 pounds goal on the 16th (I'd like to do a lil' better than that, really, low 205's ...)

Here's a picture of Renee mentally preparing for her next work out !! ;-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)