~emilyr's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~emilyr

~emilyr's check in

Post by ~emilyr » Wed May 20, 2009 4:56 pm

10 straight green days :D :D :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

You have your own check-in! Let me be the first to say that you are doin' great!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:30 pm

10 STRAIGHT GREEN DAYS! AWESOME!

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Today will be green too :!: :!:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri May 22, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks Butter :D

I'm heading out for a walk and today will be green, I have to catch ~reneew and join the 21 day club :) :)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 22, 2009 2:48 pm

Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread...girl :roll:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: HA!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 22, 2009 2:52 pm

That almost sounded a little competitive! You know I'm probably the least competetive person, if I scense you getting competetive, I'll quit just so you can pass me. :wink: So, let's do this together... come-on Em!!!! You've done your longest streak so far... 12, right? Over half way. I do suggest taking an S day soon though... So you won't crack.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Okay, no competition here :lol: :lol: :lol: I am still green and it is Friday afternoon. Tomorrow I will eat one of the carefully wrapped Special K bars I've been saving ~ unless the kids eat them tonight :shock: :shock: :shock: Did I just say unless they eat them, does that mean I could live without having one :?:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Sat May 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Today is my once a week weigh day and I am down 7 pounds :D :D :D I am happy and don't want to do any s'ing today, BUT will that set me up for disaster later?? :? :? I don't feel deprived, so maybe just stick with it until I really feel the need :?: :?:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 am

Okay, I had a raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream cone tonight and so far so good ~ the flood gates have not opened :D :shock: :D :shock:

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:01 pm

~emilyr wrote:Okay, I had a raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream cone tonight and so far so good ~ the flood gates have not opened :D :shock: :D :shock:
That's wonderful -- controlling those "flood gates" is a great success. Keep it up. :D :D :D
Butterfly

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm impressed... that's great knowing your sweet tooth! You're on day 16 right? Woohoo!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Things are still green, green, green :D :D I'm lovin' this plan :) :)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed May 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Mimi, butterfly and I are all thinking about different versions of Marc's "try for green everyday" plan. I've written it on the May challenge page if you're interested. I know that's kinda what you're doing, and you're on track!

happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Emily...
happy birthday to youooooh000000!!!!!! :lol:

Hope you have a great day! We won't mention how old you are. :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu May 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Okay, it's time to tie the knot and hold on :!: :!: :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 pm

I issued the June challenge... are you in?
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 pm

I am signed up, lots of interest ~ I'm way down the list!

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 am

May went really well, I'm ready to start June. I'm going to keep going with my current plan as it seems to be working :)

Green Green Green Green

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:25 pm

You should write down your current plan if there are mods, so that if you need to look back to see what was working for you, you'll rememer. :wink: I'm always trying different stuff, and Reinhard's latest in his trilogy convinced me to wait a month between any mod trials, and to have as few mods as possible.

You're doing great!! 8)
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm

I am following NoS pretty much like the book says, three meals a day, no sweets, snacks or seconds, except on S days and then I am trying to limit myself to two treats a day ~ either a snack, sweet or second, whatever seems the most necessary :shock: I am also going to try and eat a little more at my meals because I was getting very hungry at night ~ makes it hard to sleep :? Also, I am exercising every day, a minimum of three miles. My hope is to lose 7 pounds this month. That would bring me back to the weight I was at before we moved :D :D :D From there I'm going to work on just making this a habit for the rest of my life, make the comittment each morning and if I lose more, great ~ I have lost some obsession :?: :?: :?:

Oh, one more thing, I decided I can take the 8 Sdays whenever I want during the month :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:04 am

Good plan... I need to keep track of my exercise. You seem to be on track and you motivate me Em! Thanks! That corn-fed Iowa weight has got to go... and no we cannot move back to Minnesota. :cry:
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am

Isn't it great to lose some of that *chattering* that goes on in your head - the best part of No-S for me!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 pm

AAAHHHHHH....... school's out!!!! Oh oh!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Yes Mimi, I do think that is a wonderful part of the nos, for me staying focused seems to be the hardest part ~ remembering to do a little planning in the morning to make sure I can handle the little crisises along the way ~ plan for three meals, and time to exercise especially now that school is out and I am so busy running kids here and there!

And Renee, YES the challenges will begin, but this will make us better no-ser's :shock: :shock: :shock: Let's stay strong, my kids like to remind me if I am about to mess up, so I will enlist their help to form my good habits on the positive side!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:29 am

Yea, I had mine helping me and they turned against me like a pack of laughing hyenas... they now hold up food and and say "here Mom... oh, that's right, you can't! :wink: "
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Oh Renee, the dirty rotten scoundrels.....................I will kick mine out of the house if they even get one bit rotten :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be gone for a little while, but I've got a plan.....Three meals a day, and one small piece of cake tomorrow ~ everything else is off limits! I don't focus on the nutrition part of this diet, YET. So, things are going pretty good. My focus is on the no sweets, seconds or snacks, McDonalds drive through still counts as a meal :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: I usually only eat a small portion, but I don't worry about it ~ I love that!

I'll check in as soon as I get home with green results :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Good luck visiting the home state! :cry:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 pm

I tried, but the weekend was pretty tough, however I didn't gain and I am back on track feeling like it would be easier to just hole up in the house, so you don't have so much temptation! I think once the habit is very permanent, not just 21 days..........It will be easier to be taken out of the daily norm! I'm a little slow with the habit formation I guess :? :?

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 pm

I tried, but the weekend was pretty tough, however I didn't gain and I am back on track feeling like it would be easier to just hole up in the house, so you don't have so much temptation!

But Emily, we have to live our lives, and enjoy them, and that means occasionally going places and/or doing things with other people. I feel the same way at times! It would be easier just to stay home! Don't beat yourself up over your S days...they're supposed to come around in time!

Thinking about forming habits...I often think about how long it took me to form the habit of snacking and overeating sweets...hmmm, maybe I should be more patient with myself in trying to establish my new eating habits! :lol:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:39 pm

We all need to be patient and remember that Reinhard said that if we keep at it we'll eventually build a psychological ring of fire around the Ses... that keeps me going!!!

Daughter S says " Hi Emily!"
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks Renee, I'm still laughing from Marc's Burning Ring of Fire, so hard I had tears......that's a great theme song :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He sounds hilarious :!: :!:

Okay, I'm back on track ~ I've been walking so much lately, it's kinda funny. I think I like getting out of the house and away from temptation :?: :?: :?: And, I'm having a great nos day

So, Reinhard is posting his own personal thanks to you, how fun is that?

Tell S hi and I miss her big smile :D :D :D :!: It's raining again :cry: :cry:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:42 am

I didn't know what you were talking about... now I do. Yea, cool.

I survived Monday and Tuesday green... there is hope for summer. I feel like "closing the kitchen for the kids... they are tempting me. E just got her wisdom teeth out and keeps eating icecream. :shock:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:08 pm

I am having a green week so far, its great!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Good goin! Doesn't it feel good?
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Still Thalia boring ~ green............I'm heading into a party weekend and the goal will be to keep it sane, yet enjoying myself :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 pm

There are a lot of us turning Thalia boring green, huh? That's awesome!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 am

How are ya doin'? Another stinkin' weekend for me... :cry: I need to be brainwashed onto thinking Saturday is Wednesday!!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:54 pm

I sent you an email on weekends..............

I did great ~ I enjoyed my S days and didn't feel like I was overdoing it or indulging too much, so I marked the days yellow and fortunately I did not gain anything, :D :D nor did I lose, :cry: :cry: but really ~ it's all okay :lol: :lol: Now I have 5 days to maybe lose something before another weekend hits :!: :!:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm

I am staying green, BUT, the scale isn't moving. I'm setting a new goal ~ 12 pounds by Christmas. That's two pounds a month, maybe I won't be so obsessed with the scale if I back off trying to see huge losses.

I'll take the tortoise approach and in the end, the habit should be firmly in place and hey, 12 pounds is a good amount of weight to lose, right :?:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I had to go so far down on the list to find you, I got worried! :wink: We're wondering how you're doing!
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:49 am

Yeah - I've been wondering about you too Emily! Check in!

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for thinking of me Renee and Mimi :D :D

I am really enjoying this no s diet. I feel the habits forming AND I don't continue a binge once I've started, so I feel good about that. :D :D Most days are green :D :D I am so busy during the summer it's hard to find time to check in, but I am trying to stick to the plan every day :!: :!:

My goal is to lose two pounds a month, I really want to become less obsessed with the whole losing weight process and I'm hoping this is a good thing ~ still no movement on the scale :roll: :roll: :roll:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 am

It'll come... and by the way, although we have the creek... I see more rabbits squished on the road out front than turtles!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Very funny Renee, but I like it, so I'm sticking to the tortoise plan :D So, vacation went well, 1st Grand Marais trip without my mom :(

I've had company for the whole week after vacation and now I'm refocusing on no s :) :)

I only gained back 1.5 pounds from what I would say was a mild kind of binge over the past two weeks, trying to remember no s during all the busyness. I did not beat myself up, just ready to refocus and start again.

I'm back :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:45 pm

I think that you did excellent! I would have gained a lot. 4 days with company and I gain for sure! You should be proud of yourself!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

I won't post on the July challenge since I'm so late, I'll just use my daily check in. My goal will be the same as last month. Wake up every morning and make a daily commitment to practicing the no s plan and of course exercise each day. I would like to lose 3.5 pounds by the end of July. Life is good :!:

July

12 Yellow
13 Green BUT, really needs to be Red
14 Red
15 Greenish/Yellow
16 Today will be Green
17 Red
18 Yellow
19 Yellow
20 Red
21 Red Why can't I get back on track
22 Red
23 Red
24 Red
25 Yellow
26 Yellow
27 Green ~ Today it will be! I feel good and ready for a comeback! And, it was :D
28 Going for another Green I did it!
29 Green, I will end the month on a green :!:
30 Green
31 Green
Last edited by ~emilyr on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:38 pm

That's a big goal for a turtle.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Really? I figure the 1.5 came on fast so it should come off fast :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, if you think I should adjust ~ how about 1.5 by the end of July? But then, I'm behind 2 pounds for my end of year goal................

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:44 pm

I was kinda kidding... don't listen to me, I'm on my rollercoaster. :roll:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Help :!: :!: I can't seem to get back on track after vacation, I told myself today was the day for a nice perfect green, (actually said that yesterday too, but when I failed I decided to turn it into an s day, which technically it was).

I just had a sweet, :shock: :shock: :shock: I've decided not to go on an all out binge, so that's progress ~ right??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Nothing more 'til supper which is a barbeque with friends and not until 7 which is 2 hours past my normal schedule, maybe that's what did me in, the mere thought of having to wait longer to eat.......

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Get a grip... quick! Plan ahead and go on here every time you're tempted for support and encouragement. I think that you should aim for a goal for the end of the month... say, 13 more greens... or something like that. Tell us all what it is and we'll hold you accountable. If you don't make it, we'll....we'll... we'll give you an assignment of some sort. :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm close to a real bonafide green day today!

It's hard to get back on track! Moral of the story ~ never ever go off the no s lifestyle once you are doing well............ :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Today is Monday, it should be green! July has been a very tough month. Too many fun things, visitors and trips! Not enough time to plan and remember what I'm trying to do :roll: :roll:

I will be working the program a little harder today, I want the 21 day habit back.... Has anyone figured out how many days of messing up it takes to blow a good habit :?: :?: :?:

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 am

I guess technically to break a habit you have to form a new habit so 21 days to ruin a habit as well. But in reality I think a good habit can be ruined much faster, perhaps a week maybe even less. This would be especially so if the good habit wasn't even properly established in the first place.

I know for myself that if I don't exercise for a week, even if I have been doing it consistently for months, it's much harder to motivate myself to start again.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:53 am

~emilyr wrote: Has anyone figured out how many days of messing up it takes to blow a good habit :?: :?: :?:
yep... one.
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Okay, I'm starting again TODAY, establish genuine 21 day habit :!: :!: When things were going good, I felt great, so enough stupid self talk, just go right back to the plain old vanilla s :!: :!: Breakfast was walnuts, oatmeal and watermelon, now I'm off for a walk!

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:59 pm

I've been working hard and the exercise part is back in place, now I just need the no s to follow ~ I will NOT give up :!: :!:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Lets go for 1 whole week as green... that will be a challenge for me lately! Let me know if you are going to try for it. We can do it together! :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Hey Renee ~ How about just one day??? That's what I am trying for :cry: :cry: I just can't seem to get the no s back. Exercising is going fine, just can't find the old eating habit :?: :?: :?: Today just might be the day 8) 8) 8) 8)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Get a grip... tie a knot... and set a short term goal. And maybe pray :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 pm

So, I did it :D :D :D I'm back to green. I almost gave into my desire for a rice krispy bar, BUT, I fought the bar and the bar lost :!: :!:

I am going to be green today too! So, Renee I will commit to going green for the rest of the month. And, yes I will join next month ~ this month won't be hard to beat!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Shhh... it's a secret. :wink: ... about the challenge, that is. I'm all green this week!!!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:46 pm

WooHoo :) :) :) :) TWO green days in a row ~ I'm back on track. I will finish July GREEN :!: :!: :!:

19 days until the "21 club".

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:14 pm

I have a good feeling about this one for you! You go girl!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks Renee ~ I'm still GREEN :!: :!: :!:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:30 pm

August 3rd ~ Ready to be green!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:31 pm

How many in a row is this?

edit: Woo hoo, you're down 2!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Today will be good, I'm still on track :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:58 pm

How about now? You have a fresh start... it's fall and a new school year!!!
How are you doing?
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:06 pm

I am down 13 pounds since I started no s!! I am starting the September challenge with my focus on being healthy, following the plan ~ three healthy meals and exercising each day with weekends being a time for a splurge of some sort! I love fall :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Down 13?!?!?!!! Awesome!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Thank you!! I had a great week and I'm ready to have a good weekend too. We are going to the State Fair, hmmm cheese curds, caramel apples, cookies........... I hope I don't come too undone.

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Well, its been awhile since I checked in...... I am doing very well. The state fair was good, not over-indulgent. I think I've learned a lot from no s! I can have a treat and not feel like I'm doing something bad and I don't have as much trouble stopping. I know I can have another treat next weekend. My relationship with food and myself is much better!! I've been eating healthier foods for medical reasons and I feel pretty good!! Plus, I'm down 14 pounds and the downward trend is continuing!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Woohoo! Keep it up!
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 pm

So... how are you doing? You were on the second page for goodness sake! :shock:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm doing very good. I follow the three meals each day from no s, which is a wonderful concept that I truly appreciate, but I think a big thing is the food choices I've decided to adopt, it's pretty limited because of this little problem I've got and I've added some supplements ~ I'm down almost 20 pounds :!: :!: :D :D

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

You have a kick-@ss avi, emilyr. :)
~emilyr wrote:I'm doing very good. I follow the three meals each day from no s, which is a wonderful concept that I truly appreciate, but I think a big thing is the food choices I've decided to adopt, it's pretty limited because of this little problem I've got and I've added some supplements ~ I'm down almost 20 pounds :!: :!: :D :D
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 pm

That's *absolutely* progress. Stopping mid-snack is much harder than saying "oh well - I'll just try again tomorrow after I devour these 2,000 calories."
~emilyr wrote:Help :!: :!: I can't seem to get back on track after vacation, I told myself today was the day for a nice perfect green, (actually said that yesterday too, but when I failed I decided to turn it into an s day, which technically it was).

I just had a sweet, :shock: :shock: :shock: I've decided not to go on an all out binge, so that's progress ~ right??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Nothing more 'til supper which is a barbeque with friends and not until 7 which is 2 hours past my normal schedule, maybe that's what did me in, the mere thought of having to wait longer to eat.......
Kevin

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm

20! :shock:
Please pray for me

frugaltexan

Post by frugaltexan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 am

:oops:
Last edited by frugaltexan on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
5'9 -- Laura --

Started July 23, 2009 -- 246.6
Restart: June 13, 2010 - 241.6
July 18, 2010 -- 235 .... - 11.6 lb loss in ~1 yr.
Back Again: January 13, 2012 -- 242.2 lbs

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm

I come to your thread everyday just to look at your avi. It makes me grin for some reason. :)
Kevin

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm back! Thanks Em, you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you fellow NoSers :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Kevin ~ thanks for the compliments, I feel very peaceful :wink:

Renee ~ your welcome and remember stick with it, you can do it :) :)

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm off to workout with a little Bee Gee's and Michael Jackson today :!: :!:

Go me :!: :!:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I am tired today, I need to motivate and start my workout ~ bring on those exercise endorphins :wink:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 pm

I made the rule that I can't come to the computer to sit on my butt until I've exercised. The kids can't until they've put away their laundry, so I figured, it could stick in my head...

I wonder why I just said that, because it hasn't stuck in their heads yet... I guess their rule stuck in my head... hmmm... anyway, it's working so far. :wink:
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Are you with us? Miss ya!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm here! I was just thinking I needed to make a post ~ I've been so busy exercising and making good choices, I forget to post :lol: :lol:

So, my official weight loss for the month of November brings the total to ~ drum roll please........

32 pounds

Go Me :!: :!: :!:

AND, I've increased my running to 8 minutes per session, my goal of running a 5k in March just might happen :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Go you!!!! You're kicking it, ain't you?
~emilyr wrote:I'm here! I was just thinking I needed to make a post ~ I've been so busy exercising and making good choices, I forget to post :lol: :lol:

So, my official weight loss for the month of November brings the total to ~ drum roll please........

32 pounds

Go Me :!: :!: :!:

AND, I've increased my running to 8 minutes per session, my goal of running a 5k in March just might happen :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D
Kevin

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Happy December! A fresh coat of snow has finally put me in the spirit!

I'm struggling a little with the idea of making Christmas treats for my family ~ I really don't want the temptation, but I don't want to deprive them??!! Well,I guess I make them tomorrow and enjoy the S treats, without being too over indulgent.

Off to work out and ponder on that. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:17 pm

freeze them!!!!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Just had an excellent workout and now I am enjoying oatmeal porridge for lunch :-) No S is working so well for me ~ love it.

Life is Great :!: :!:

Joy to the World!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Yippee!
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:00 pm

We are in the middle of a blizzard; no school or work yesterday and now no school again today ~ this is like a weekend in the middle of the week and I didn't prepare myself. I'm saying green yesterday even though it shoulda been red because of those two little pieces of chocolate, BUT I had a much smaller plate at supper, and so it goes..... Today, I'm a bit more prepared, I'm heading to the treadmill right now~

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 pm

You go girl! The blizzard threw me for a loop. Cookies! I didn't do it... my youngest daughter did it. It's her fault. 8) I really didn't have too very many, especially when I compare to other Christmas seasons, but I'm a cheater and I need to confess. I plan on making up for it on Sunday, then re-coloring it to remove the red. This is a December-only new rule of mine. :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Okay Renee, this time only ~ change the rule, but only for December, and only this once okay?? Don't make me hit you with a dead fish?! And remember, I'm only sayin this cuz you asked me to help remind you :wink:

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

The kids don't have school again today, but I'm prepared! I went to a Christmas party on Sunday and ate foods that are not good for me and felt the effects, now I'm getting to a point where I ask myself "Is it really worth it" and sometimes I can honestly answer with a resounding ~ "NO". I like that! Feeling good has trumped eating a lot of junk :wink:

BUT, those peanut buttter kiss cookies were amazing :D

AND, I've changed my running/training and now I'm up to 14 minutes of running during a 30 minute session, I'ma gonna do it!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 pm

I am impressed with your progress! 8) Keep it up or I'll hound you. :wink:
Please pray for me

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:01 pm

I should never write stuff like that ~ sets me up for failure. Yup, finished off the peanut butter kiss cookies last night ~ only 4, but technically a fail AND, I had seconds with dinner :( :(

I'm off to the treadmill and I will remember why I shouldn't of eaten those cookies and extra food when my feet are dragging ~ sugar is a downer, I think I read that it is as addicting as cocaine, hmmm... I just don't feel good today ~ maybe its the weather and not the sugar, NO, pretty sure its the sugar :? :?

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

One step back, another two forward... you'll be okay. :)
~emilyr wrote:I should never write stuff like that ~ sets me up for failure. Yup, finished off the peanut butter kiss cookies last night ~ only 4, but technically a fail AND, I had seconds with dinner :( :(

I'm off to the treadmill and I will remember why I shouldn't of eaten those cookies and extra food when my feet are dragging ~ sugar is a downer, I think I read that it is as addicting as cocaine, hmmm... I just don't feel good today ~ maybe its the weather and not the sugar, NO, pretty sure its the sugar :? :?
Kevin