Dana's S-Day Details

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DLB66

Dana's S-Day Details

Post by DLB66 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:03 am

I think it would help me to detail what I'm eating on S-Days, since I think I need to rein it in. I got into this Ben & Jerry's thing... technically okay on No-S, but way too many calories in one sitting. I'm feeling guilty for having polished off that (delicious) treat moments ago...

Sat:
bfast - cereal
lunch - veggie sandwich
dinner? Ben & Jerry's

Now I have to decide if I'm going to eat a real dinner tonight. Probably should, but something low-cal.