Barb's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Barb

Barb's Check In

Post by Barb » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Good morning,

Today is weigh-in day...I was 254...so down 2.5 lbs. for the week. I am very happy. It amazes me that I ate so "normally" and lost weight...no diet bread, no fat free anything...hard to believe. I sure hope it continues!

Having a birthday party for my sister Saturday night....and she has requested carrot cake....that will certainly be my treat on Saturday! yummy...can't wait.

I do exercise 30 min. Monday - Friday.

Thursday Food:

Breakfast:
Toasted English Muffin
2 slices of turkey
1 slice of cheese

Lunch:
Turkey and cheese Sandwich
Soup

Dinner:
Homemade Bison (Buffalo) Burger on grill with real bread, cheese, mayo
oven french fries

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Barb
Barb
Austin, Texas
Starting Date: 09/26/11
Starting Weight: 251.5
Current Weight: 250
Goal Weight: 160
Height: 5'7"

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome Barb and congratulations on your weight loss this week! Sounds like you're doing great! :D

Shannon