DebbiAnn starting daily check-ins

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DebbiAnn

DebbiAnn starting daily check-ins

Post by DebbiAnn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 am

It is Sunday, Easter, and all is well. I have been on No S for about 3 weeks and have not had a failure yet. I just finished the book again, and plan on reading some sections for a third time. I seem to get something out of it each time.

In the last 3 weeks, I have eaten real food again. I was on Low Carbs for about a year and lost 20 lbs. more important, my cholesterol dropped to normal range. I get it checked again next month. I am hoping that by at least keeping the weight off, that my cholesterol will be good also. I really don't want to add another medication. Once I have this habit down, I will work on an exercise plan.
Debbi

WOE - moderation
Stats - Start 199/180/150

DebbiAnn

Post by DebbiAnn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm

I am still doing fine. missed my daily check in yesterday, but stayed on program. All is well.
Debbi

WOE - moderation
Stats - Start 199/180/150