hi guys. it been a loooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

want2bhealthy

hi guys. it been a loooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Post by want2bhealthy » Thu May 06, 2010 12:19 pm

alot has happened since i was on here last. i left my husband and now am living in a two bedroom with my brother and my daughter. no luck with the wt but.......... i am so ready to start again. my girlfriend almost talked me into going back on ww. but in reality, i had been there before and i really cant afford to spen that kind of money now. i may join a gym they are having some kind of special now 2 months for 69.00.

i have so much to say but have to go get blood work done. just a routine check up since i havent had one in a yr. i have neglected myself again. so i am ready to get blood work done , ready to start excercising and ready to start the no s again.

this was the hardest thing i have ever had to do and i had no idea how leaving my husband would make me feel. well, lots more to tell, but i am off to the lab for tests.l

i hope everyone who remembers me and had given me support is doing awesome and i cant wait to read how everyone is doing.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Welcome Back!! :wink:
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Welcome back!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 pm

thanks guys, not in the full swing of things yet, i am in such a stressful situation and trying my best to work things out.

gonna try really hard to start tomorrow, starting with my weigh in. blood work wasnt to bad, some things just a little high, so now i have yet another chance to get healthy. i am on no medications and would love to keep it that way. really looking for the strength to get the motivation up to start an excercise routine. that will also help with my stress.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207