New Strawberry Roan Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:11 pm

So true oolala,

When my late husband and I were raising our children, we had family meals of course but that was in a universe long ago and far away.

Now I am a free spirit :D
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Happy Sunday All.

Felt a little dizzy this morning, my husband told me to take my blood pressure (I have a condition known as syncope along with hypotension) - it was 94/59 which is actually not much lower than normal for me but low enough on an empty stomach to make me weak. It was only about 8 oclock and I normally never eat before church but I needed salt so I ate a little dish of cantaloupe, salted (how he always eats his) and within ten minutes my bp was 115/61. That only shows what sodium does to a person with hypertension :shock:

But I feel fine now, if we go out to eat I will get nachos and cheese or something salty - if we come home I will eat a veggie burger.
Ended up coming home and eating a veggie burger with the works on whole wheat bread (he had a Boca burger, I had the garden burger). Also made tater tots for him (I ate a few of his) and french fries for me - Ore Ida both, and both good. We are going to finish the fruit salad in a little bit.

Indeed finished off the fruit salad. Didn't eat anything else until dinner, ate half a can of the Healthy Select Vegetarian vegetable soup. The soup isn't supposed to be thinned with water but I always do as I don't like the thick consistency. AND I get two day's worth at about 80 calories a meal. Also had a jello cup with fruit in the bottom and a spoon of Cool Whip. Got in my exercise, off to a hot bath and bed after we watch The Killing.

Ready for Monday, bring 'er on. :D
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 am

Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather, Berry! Hope you'll be feeling better soon. I don't post often, but I have to say, you are one of my "major inspirations" on the No S journey.

All the best, Roxy x
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 am

Thank you very much Roxy, how sweet of you to stop by and post. I feel much better tonight, I have eaten a lot of salt today (the only "medical" remedy I have been told to do). Luckily that's easy for me.

I found No S looking for yet another "diet" but have decided that I am really not a No S er in the true sense as I try to practice healthy eating every day, the weekends aren't much different, maybe something special on an anniversary or at the holidays but not two days out of seven. That is just counter productive if you ask me. And my saving grace is that I LOVE to exercise, get very tense inside if I can't hit the bike or stairstepper or glider, got a new AbCoaster thing that we really love as well. Gotta mix it up I think.

Thanks again for your well wishes. Hope you stop by again. Anytime you want to "chat" about healthy food and exercise, that's one of my favorite topics.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks, hon - you have a good week too; I must say - I am and have been - VERY inspired by your progress over the years. I agree wholeheartedly with how you follow the plan. I think it would probably be the ideal way (for me especially) also since I do have so much "trouble" keeping my S days under control. The beauty of No S is that we can tailor the plan to suit. Sometimes, I get impatient and instead of taking it a meal at a time I tend to over-think it or want to start afresh with another 'diet' that will give me instant results... all the while, not addressing the real underlying problems of why I am overweight in the first place!

Oh well! I better sign off now before this turns into a post of epic proportions!! :roll:

However, just popping in to say hope you have a great week and thanks for your nice message not to mention all your inspirational posts. I always look forward to reading them. Best wishes, Roxy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Actually, Berry, I think you are the perfect No S-er after she has settled in. I know I've read or heard on a podcast that eventually, S days will look much like N days but with a special dessert SOMETIMES or a few snacks SOMETIMES, perhaps for relaxed social reasons.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Happy Monday All.

Thanks for the kind words my friends.

Just now eating breakfast, 10:08 a.m. - half a toasted bagel spread with peanut butter and honey and a few dried apricots, very chewy ones at that. Drinking hot lemon tea, have a banana but will probably not eat it, it is overripe so it would be better served in banana bread.

Did my AbCoaster first thing this morning (about five thrity) so that's already done. Will walk for a while at lunch, pretty day outside, just a little breezy but my hair is up in a "tousled" do today anyway so what the heck!

Brought a tomato, boiled egg, cheese stick for lunch, also making sun tea, unsweetened.
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm

You are the goal we are all working toward. Thanks for posting and encouraging us.
Glad to hear you like to eat healthy and simply and also that you like to discuss food. On our best days, we eat very healthy too. We cook most of our own food and were foodies for so long, it is hard to get away from the gourmet sauces and not so healthy recipes. They are all made with good organic food but many times too high in fat or calories. Working on getting a collection of good recipes that are full of flavor but healthier. I have a question for you though. Why Cool Whip? It is really packed with chemicals and additives. Otherwise, I wish my diet was way more like yours. The ingredients in Cool Whip are:
Cool whip is made of water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene. Here is a comparison on line:
Serving Size:
3 tbsp 3 tbsp
Calories:
25 kcal 30 kcal
Protein:
0 g 0.1 g
Fat:
2 g 3 g
Trans Fat:
n/a but made with partially hydrogenated oil 0 g
Carbohydrate:
2 g 1 g
Preparation time:
n/a 5 minutes of whipping with electric mixer
Price per serving:
$0.75 $0.26
Ingredients:
Water, glucose-fructose, 22% hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oils, artificial flavor, sodium caseinate, mono- and diglycerides, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, polysorbate 60, carrageenan, color, nitrous oxide (pressure dispensing agent) Whipping cream, vanilla extract, sugar

Hopefully, you can make out the left side, right side comparison. It didn't transfer very well and I don't know how to insert a website into this forum.

Website is:
http://www.healthcastle.com/healthy_whipped_cream.shtml
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Yikes, Cool Whip is like hot dogs I guess, don't really want to know what it in it.

I could certainly whip real cream, I just don't eat whipped cream often enough that it would probably go bad. A teaspoon of Cool Whip now and then, I just pry it out of the frozen container.

We are VERY simple eaters, I read some journals that say things like,

I had fresh argula harvested from the Napa Valley with chunks of feta cheese imported from the hills of Greece drizzled with olive oil freshley pressed by little old ladies from the Old Country.

My journal says

I had a tomato, boiled egg and cheese stick - wtih Jello and Cool Whip :roll:

Thanks for the website and your kind words. It's a journey we are all on together and I am enjoying the ride.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Real whipped cream actually comes in a spray can and it lasts a really long time. I think Redi Whip makes the real stuff and the fake. Just look for the "real whipped cream" on the label. Just an FYI.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Pangelsue2 wrote:Real whipped cream actually comes in a spray can and it lasts a really long time. I think Redi Whip makes the real stuff and the fake. Just look for the "real whipped cream" on the label. Just an FYI.
Thanks, that's so true, haven't had any for years. My late husband used to tease me when I bought it and tell me not to waste it all on food 8)
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 pm

I started buying the real stuff when I started back on NoS..it is soo good! I had forgotten that! I sometimes put a little spritz in my afternoon coffee and feel very posh! I let the little granddaughters "make' whipped cream with whisks.. the first time they did that, they thought it was magic..they were so excited when the "milk" got fluffy! On the adult side...Cool whip just doesn't sound as sexy as whipped cream for some reason, does it :shock:
I think your meals sound wonderful but it would be nice to have some olive oil pressed by the little old ladies in the Old Country :wink:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:08 am

Sadly if I bought a can of real whipped cream I would find a lot of reasons to eat real whipped cream :D

Just ate dinner, angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil (from the little old ladies who stock the shelves at WaLMart), Italian seasonings and grated parmesan cheese along with broccoli and cauliflower. No meat needed, it was very yummy.

Got in all my exercise, kinda tired but in a good way. Time for a bubble bath.

:wink:

Bring on Tuesday, I'm rearin' to go.
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 am

Strawberry, if you enjoy bubble baths, go to the site for Lush products! Oliviamanda told me about them when I asked her about her new avatar. (read about that on her thread) Anyhow, I ordered products from a very nice lady over the phone (I had questions) and I am waiting for them to arrive. Bath bombs..bubble bath...bath jellies...it is a fun site. There are no stores close to me here but there is one in the Orlando airport so I am going to visit the next time I am there. Your pasta sounded divine.... as did a bubble bath! nice treat!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks so much, Grammy, I definitely will check it out. I LOVE sites like that.

Happy Tuesday all.

Did my Ab work early this morning, drank a coffee with french vanilla creamer - at work now and thinking about breakfast. It is 9 a.m. I might wait until ten and then eat lunch about two and dinner about 7.

Will have my toasted half bagel (which I find is just as filling as the whole bagel) with peanut butter and dried cranberries. Drinking hot lemon water.
Brought a boiled egg and cheese stick for lunch with an apple. Protein, calcium, fruit. It's all good. :wink: I will add a few whole grain crackers and call it a meal. Even have a diet soda.

12:35 here, back from a very vigorous walk, even more so than yesterday. I went a new route and it had some very serious hills. The last hill coming up to the office was a real workout. But it felt so good. I LOVE the feeling of my body moving, muscles being invigorated. It wasn't too hot, a bit overcast and a few raindrops even fell. But I made it back intact, freshened up a bit and poured myself a glass of cold water. Now I am drinking a glass of Luzianne ice tea, sugar free.

Kinda hungry but won't eat until 2, testing will power here.

Ate about 2:15, exactly as planned. For dinner we had omelettes with red/green/yellow peppers, sweet red onions (all caramelized together), he had ham in his - both topped with cheese. Nothing else. Quite good. Mine had a lot of veggies, a LOT. :D Got in my exercise, ready for Wednesday.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Isn't it wonderful that No S is all about when and not about what we eat. Everyone can follow their own heart and it is still a good fit to be here.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Happy Wednesday all,

Been crazy wacky nutty busy at work today, didn't eat breakfast (my humble half bagel/peanut butter/dried cranberries) until 12:30.... :shock:

So I will forego lunch, just drinking a diet Dr. Pepper, as we are going Subway after work and I will have my Veggie Delite. I brought vegetable soup but will stick it in the freezer at work for next week (don't want to lug it back home and I don't work again until Monday.)

Got in my AbCoaster and some of the BodyBar workout this morning.

Had my Veggie Delite (ate half, saved half for tomorrow night). Drank ice water, came home and did yardwork and then my machine exercises.

Another successful day, I'm lovin' it.

Ready for Thursday

8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 pm

And Looky Here - Thursday has arrived :D

Won't eat breakfast as I will be having a bigger than average lunch, going to a monthly committee meeting where they serve the whole, soup - salad - dinner - dessert deal. I will be choosing wisely (and taking my own pomegranate vinegar as I hate to ruin a good salad with bad dressing. I have a tiny little snap on container that I will just slip in my purse,)
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:03 pm

OMG..we are turning into the little-old-ladies club that carries plastic bags and containers in their purses to whisk away leftovers and/or add their special touch to a meal! I could be the president..do you want to be V.P.? I too like to carry a good vinegar with me! I also (sometimes) carry a little almond butter with me if I am going to be away from home for breakfast. I can't eat peanut butter anymore but do enjoy (as you do) 1/2 a bagel with almond butter and a few dried cranberries or banana on it. Rather than eating what I don't want, I bring my own. I also carry my fav. herbal teas in a little plastic bag..ya never know when that will come in handy. And if there is one little roll left in the bread basket? I have a plastic bag for that..and hubby can have it with dinner the next night. I have a friend (really not me) who carries a little bottle of Bailey's in her purse..never know when you might need a little pick-me-up on a busy day and a coffee and Bailey's does the trick! I AM turning into my grandmother..yikes!! :shock:
Peace Pilgrim

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Grammy, you crack me up! (Says the woman who always has herbal tea bags in her purse, especially when going to conferences!)

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 pm

LOL! @ Grammy!!! :lol: :lol:
Berry: thanks for logging in again and sharing your fab posts with us! I so enjoy reading your food logs too.

If you've had a look over at my thread this past day or so, I've been struggling quite a bit with my No S Plan! At the risk of sounding like a broken record - :roll: - its the S Days that are the main problem for me. For some reason, all sense of control goes out of the window! Even on occasions, when I've had a reasonable S day, I have been finding that I either want to binge on the Monday to make up for it OR I don't find any shift in the scales and get fed up etc. etc. sorry if it sounds like a moan/being negative, not meaning to come across this way - just explaining and venting (of course ! ) why I have been so erratic with the plan recently. However, I LOVE being a part of this great No S community and whilst I am being so airy-fairy, I feel that I am not fully taking part/committing myself to it and that makes me feel kinda left out so I'm pleased to announce I'm back on Vanilla No S again after a bit of experimenting. LOL!!

Sorry to hijack your thread with my ramblings, btw! Have a great day, Berry/No Sers!!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Grammy, I will gladly accept your request to serve as VP on your ticket. (Note to self, stock up on various sized plastic containers as we will surely get some yummy leftovers from the state fairs and rubber chicken circuit dinners.)

I actually did go to lunch, eat a large salad and pull my vinegar out of my purse. What's funny is - it looked just like wine 8) It was the perfect amount (it was actually a little container I got at Subway last night when I asked them for salt, they don't have salt on the table or salt packets, they pour salt into a little plastic dish with a tight snap on lid and give it to you if you ask. )

Not sure why, maybe to keep their healthy eating image but some of us NEED salt. Anyway, it was the perfect size and didn't leak or anything (altho I put it in a snack sized baggie just in case.)

Ate the nice healthy salad and then a small plate of fresh green beans, carrots - no butter or anything, just salt and pepper - and some kind of oven baked potato cubes (sorta like if you baked a potato and then cubed it and crisped it in olive oil and herbs). The meat choices were chicken breasts in some kind of juice/sauce or steak. I chose neither. I had fresh peach slices for dessert turning down the alternate dessert of some kind of white layer cake with creamy icing and french vanilla ice cream (they even had a person walking the room scooping out EXTRA ice cream if desired) Much more than I normally eat for breakfast/lunch but it was all good food and I won't eat anything else until dinner when I will eat my leftover half of my VeggieDelite sub.

Hey to KCCC and NoS Rocks. !!! (and to you NoS, let me say that you don't need to make your S days any different than your N days if you feel better eating "cleaner". That is what I do, for the most part - I treat each day as a new opportunity to eat well and exercise - then do it all over again the next day.) You have the right mindset and I am glad you are part of this board, and my thread.

Thanks for stopping by, all.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks again to you too, Berry! It's definitely a case of mind over matter when it comes to my S Days! hopefully, I will be able to work through it and my S Days will naturally/gradually get better/more organized!

Sounds like you had another great day, Berry!

Best to you, Roxy xx

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 pm

I am sure they will, No S Rocks :D

I just noticed that part of my above thread disappeared - there was also a homemade biscuit and butter on my veggie plate, ate part of it but it didn't taste as good as it looked.

I just finished my stint in the exercise room and I was thinking about the meal I had posted and it seemed like a LOT of food but really I guess it was a normal meal, actually breakfast and lunch.

Salad, with just vinegar, no meat, three veggies, biscuit, fresh peach slices. Unsweetened iced tea. I am just not used to eating that much at any given meal any more. Funny how our mind adjusts to new things, isn't it? I certainly could not have eaten seconds or anything.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm

The biscuit was the only solid food you had? And you couldn't have eaten anymore? Wow, I have a lot to look forward to.

Is it age that makes us carry our own stuff? I'm going to remember the plastic baggies at the next potluck. There is always way too much food and I'm appalled at what people with throw out. I know people think it's because I'm cheap, which may be true, but I have never forgotten traveling in the East and seeing what people are grateful for there. I know I look weird with my little plastic container, which I have taken to bringing with me. Next, I'll wear a purple hat with a flower.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Hmm, how interesting. I never thought of it that way, I guess that was my only "solid" food. And, girlfriend, you are rockin' that hat!!!

Just ate my other half of my sub from last night, it was fine. Made the hubby two Banquet turkey pot pies. Yes, I did because he loves them. I said, those have 370 calories apiece. He said, Yeah, that's probably why they are so good :lol:

Finished eating for the day, while in the pantry there are Archway soft raisin cookies, Pecan sandies, coconut cookies, Twinkies, Hostess cupcakes with the squiggle on top, deluxe mixed nuts, potato chips, nacho chips, pretzels, Chex cheddar mix, several different kinds of candies - okay a dozen different kinds of candies including my chocolate and red string licorice. In the freezer there is neopolitan ice cream, fudgsicles and dreamsicles. In the fridge there are even semi healthy choices like fat free (or sugar free or both) chocolate and caramel pudding cups and jello/mixed fruit cups.

It can all just stay where it is for now.

Bring on Friday.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 am

What a cache! And none of it calling to you. I actually have two slices of chocolate cake and a lava cake serving in the freezer, but I am plenty full. It wouldn't even be fun to indulge.

Another great day for you. Good going.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:18 am

So true, oolala, better to save the goodies for when they would provide some "fun". Good analogy.

"tis Friday all !!! My weekends actually start on Thursday so I have been in weekend mode for a couple days already. Not sure what I am doing/eating today, we need some things from town but I might stay here and do some laundry, etc. while he is out and about as we are going out tomorrow and I need to get some stuff accomplished as I was out yesterday :shock:

Well, it is 12:15 and I am eating my first food of the day, yes a huge salad with vinegar dressing. My husband just left (I told him to eat in town as I spent all morning trying to figure out what I wanted to eat, cannot tax my brain trying to feed him as well :D ) I wasn't hungry yet began to get a bit weak around noon so I threw together a salad. While I was at it, I made a fruit salad to stick in the fridge - cut up pineapple and peaches and added the fresh raspberries I got from my son's yard. The berries turned the mix a very pretty color. Will taste great later I am sure.

Drinking unsweetened tea and ice water. Did my ab work and a bunch of leg lifts, butt lifts, etc. while I was waiting for the dryer to finish.

Funny thing, I used to drink a glass of red wine every night, haven't done so in a couple of months. Tonight the hubby asked me to join him on the deck for a drink so I brought him out a beer and me a glass of wine. We sat and chatted and played with the cat. When I stood up, I was totally lightheaded. I guess it was a combination of not eating much today and not having wine for a long time. It was almost funny. I told him, I am really feeling the wine so you can have your way with me.

He said, Great idea, but could you make the pizza first :roll:

So I did, ate three slices (Red Baron fire baked pepperoni, but I put all the meat on his half.) Will save the rest of mine for tomorrow. Will probably eat the yummy fruit salad later.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Happy Saturday all.

Did indeed eat the fruit salad last night and it was very good and the raspberries made the peaches and pineapple such a pretty color.

Slept like a lamb (the wine) 8)

Not sure what we will be doing or eating today, plans have changed and we now have a farrier coming (along with my husband's best friend) to do some work with the horses so we probably won't be going out which is great with me. I have some yardwork to do so that will keep me out of the way.

For breakfast, we both ate a small bowl of Cheerios with 2pct milk, need to drink up the milk. His Honey Nut, mine Cinnamon. Drank coffee.

Ate air popped popcorn for lunch (have a bowl/lid combo that you use in the microwave, put in 1/4 cup of plain popcorn, no oil or anything and it pops up beautifully.) I sprayed it lightly with Butter Pam and sprinkled with salt. Yummy, had unsweetened tea. Hubby had a sandwich and cottage cheese.

Made the hubby oven baked fish and home fries he also had a cheddar popper (yes one). I had my leftover two pieces of pizza, a few fries and a couple poppers and mozzarella sticks. They were fine but not as good as a huge salad would have been but I knew I couldn't eat both. 8)

That will be tomorrow. Bring on Sunday.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Ever tried popcorn with a little nutritional yeast powder and parmesan? Mmmm. Or a friend used to put soy sauce in a little spray bottle. Also mmmm.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 pm

oolala53 wrote:Ever tried popcorn with a little nutritional yeast powder and parmesan? Mmmm. Or a friend used to put soy sauce in a little spray bottle. Also mmmm.
I have done the cheese (ha ha, now I don't have to spell it) and a mixture of olive oil and herbs but never the yeast powder or soy sauce. Will give it some thought
:roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Happy Sunday everybody. :D

Didn't eat breakfast, went out with friends after church for lunch - ate part of the hubby's sweet potato fries (they were very good) and a part of a soft serve twist ice cream cone they gave all the fathers for free today (it was also very good). Visited about an hour and then came home and made me a Boca burger with cheese, pickles and mustard or toasted rye/pumpernickel bread. Exactly what I was craving.

Will probably not eat any more until dinner tonight. We will be having a Father's Day celebration later in the month as the son and wife are in Alaska on vacation right now - well, Exccuuussseeee me :roll:

Hope they are having a wonderful time.

Still have to get in my exercise for the day. But I will. * I did *

Ate a handful of Chex Cheddar mix about five and then had steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with nothing but salt and pepper. Quite filling and quite good. Hubby ate the same thing. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Happy Monday All !

Nice hot day here, been really busy all morning. We usually are on Mondays as we do family law and seems like a law of familes have problems on weekends :roll:

It is a little after ten, haven't eaten anything yet. Think I will just wait until lunch, hubby is in town taking care of some things so he might be free to take me to lunch. :wink: Ended up staying in for lunch, hubby stopped by to visit but we didn't go out as I was waiting for someone to come by and pick up some important paperwork and I was the only one here. After he went home, I ate breakfast/lunch of my half toasted bagel with peanut butter/honey and some pretzels as I needed some salt. A little later I ate some veggie soup and whole grain crackers with a diet soda. That will last me until dinner, whatever that might be. We plan at the last second (or later). :roll:

Did twice the amount of AbCoaster and resistance bands this morning. Funny thing, there was a beautiful pair of teal silk dress pants that had been hanging in the back of the closet saying SOMEDAY I will not cut off the circulation at your waist and you can wear me.

Today was the day. :wink:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 pm

One of the wonderful things about No S is that you don't have to know what you're going to have for dinner! You just have to have it. yes!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am

So very true oolala, I had a big salad with the works (well, except meat). It was so good and I was really looking forward to it. Love my pomegranate vinegar as well.

The hubby wanted spaghetti, no meat, no sauce, just buttered spaghetti.
Well, okay. I made enough that there will be leftovers and I can eat some with salsa and melted cheese and fresh herbs...Maybe all week

:D

Got in all my exercise and a bit more so I feel really good about today.

Ready to feel really good about tomorrow.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Happy Tuesday fellow Nosers :D

Beautiful day here, feeling great. It is ten thirty and I haven't eaten breakfast so I will just wait and eat my peanut butter bagel for lunch, I also have some yummy apricots to add to the mix. Am drinking hot lemon water.
Had lunch as planned and added a Diet Dr Pepper afterward.

Just ate dinner, had my planned plate of spaghetti topped with chunky salsa, chopped garlic, fresh herbs and shredded cheese (all hot and gooey). It was great. The old me, the one from three months ago :D could not have eaten this plate of food without three or four pieces of garlic bread. But the new and improved me did. I certainly could have eaten a piece of garlic bread with the meal but chose not to as I am trying to break the habit of always eating a certain thing with another thing, mindless eating.

Will probably have some fruit salad as well, nice and cool and refreshing from the fridge.

Then I will be ready for Wednesday. :wink:

Got in all my exercise and more.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Happy Wednesday !

Decided to not eat breakfast at work for the time being. I really don't like eating before mid day, have always done well without breakfast and see no sense to eat when I don't want to because I am a grown up :D

Still have a half whole grain bagel in the fridge so I will have it for lunch with the peanut butter and honey - also will eat some apricots, they are so ripe and yummy.

Got in double my AbRocket this morning, also did two loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded, put away) and ran a load of dishes (but didn't put them away, they were just finishing up when I left for work. Hubby will do that later today). Got all this done before 7 a.m. :roll:

Will have the same dinner as last night, probably will add a salad filled with veggies as I need to get some in today.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Not a happy Thursday here :cry: My husband's baby sister passed away early this morning of lung cancer. Thinking about how she suffered and wasted away has sure put worrying about five pounds into perspective.
Berry

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I am very sorry for your loss.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Berry -- Keeping you & your DH in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry for your loss ...
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Berry - so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this time.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:33 pm

May your family appreciate this time of noting the preciousness of life and death, and heal soon.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:56 pm

:cry: so sorry...
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

Aww, thank you all so very much. We just got back from the trip late last night, the memorial service was beautiful and visiting with the family was very nice.

Back to work today and back on track, I hope. Even more resolved to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can. Erratic eating and no exercise has made me very off kilter.

Thank you again,

Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 am

Be kind and gentle to yourself and DH.
Peace Pilgrim

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Also sorry to hear of your family's loss. Cancer has touched our lives way too many times as well. Horrid disease.
Your response to that loss is a good one though. We all have just so many days on this planet and we can only strive to get as many of them as possible, live them to the fullest and be grateful for them.

On a lighter subject, I got in on your club to go to restaurants and take along your own items from home. I am running for secretary of that club. I also take tea with me everywhere I go. My husband and I take maple syrup when we go to breakfast. In fact, once, when we went to breakfast at a neighborhood place that had great belgian waffles, we took, syrup, real butter and our own fruit topping as well. The waitress said we could go in the kitchen and make our own waffles too if we wanted to. We laughed but I think she thought we were a little weird. Oh well, no purple hat but a little off the wall suits our personalities I guess. Maybe we have all just lived long enough that we know what we want and are willing to do what we must to get it. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
I'm baaaack.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Pangelsue, you are weird. So what? You're also right to want quality and not demand it of your local diner.

An old yoga teacher of mine used to say, "Why be normal?"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Good Morning (and thanks again for your kindness, all)

And Madame Secretary, could I borrow just a smidge of butter and a splash of maple syrup? :D

Went shopping last night for some essentials, got some 2 pct milk, 2 pct cottage cheese, a big fat head of cauliflower, some mixed lettuce and other salad fixings, got some tomatoes that were good but not great - got some bluberries, however that WERE great. Had a big salad last night and it tasted so good. I had eaten a couple of salads while we were away but they were not as good as mine.

Really :roll:
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm

I just thought of this and had to share. We are in a 55+ community for 4 months every year and I have gotten to know some of the older folk. A group of them chartered a bus to go to a dinner show in Orlando (we are only 35 miles away). It was a show involving knights and fighting and dinner was served without any cutlery in keeping with the theme. This entire bus of seniors took their own plastic cutlery in plastic bags! Then they brought them home to wash and use again. People: these should be honored members of our club!! :roll:
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 am

Hey Grammy, that sounds a lot like the Dixie Stampede dinner show - we could have used utensils for sure :roll: And yes, they should move to the front of the line (well, the bus).

Went out for dinner with friends, I had the house specialty, one biscuit and homemade gravy - something I don't make at home as I would end up eating twelve biscuits, not one. I ordered the smallest serving but one could actually get THREE biscuits smothered in gravy :shock:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Happy Thursday All.

Trying to get back into the swing of things here, eating right and exercising. I felt so much better before I got off track. Plan to finish unpacking and putting away things today, catching up on laundry, etc. I feel really, really tired - probably just from the actual 12 hour trip each way and sleeping in different beds, etc. Off work until next Tuesday so I am sure I will recover by then. I think the stress is what was so hard, I hated to see my husband suffer so.

Think I will eat cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and sliced peaches for breakfast. I used to love cottage cheese, then I hated it for about forty years 8) but now I think I am starting to like it again.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Gosh, I love biscuits, too.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 pm

What's not to love about a biscuit?

Not much :D I actually do have some of the frozen ones that you can bake one at a time but I never make less than six.......

After the cottage cheese/peaches for breakfast (skipped the blueberries for now) I did a lot of housework and then had a peanut butter and all fruit jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with a Diet Coke for lunch. It was fine. Thawing out the spaghetti that I stuck in the freezer when we had to suddenly leave last week. Will have it tonight with salsa/melted cheese. Made homemade potato salad for the hubby, made coleslaw on Monday night. We have some fried chicken from the deli that he can have as well if he doesn't want spaghetti tonight.

Did 100 of the Ab Coaster things this morning and will do my other exercise later today when my radio show comes on so I can listen while I bike/step/glide.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Morning All, Happy Friday.

Ate exactly as planned last night, added a salad to the mix. ALso got in all my exercise :D

Off for a day of shopping, four of us spend the first Friday of every month together and have a ball. No breakfast, will eat somewhere like Hardees or Wendy's or something like that for lunch probably.

Had a small order of onion rings at Hardee's and ice water. It was fine. For dinner I had a Boca burger with the works, a couple spoons of homemade potato salad and cole slaw, a handful of potato chips. Unsweetened tea. It was all GREAT.

Made a fruit salad of cut up fresh peaches, pears, green grapes, blueberries, maraschino cherries and bananas. It is so pretty Will either eat some later tonight or tomorrow.

Got in all my exercise. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Happy Saturday All.

No breakfast, went out for various shopping and errand trips with the hubby. Ate a leisurely lunch in a cool, dark Mexican restaurant (it was over 100 degrees outside). Had a chalupa, refried beans and chille relenno. It came with a taco but I gave that to the huby as I didn't want any meat. Ate quite a few of the chips and salsa. Enjoyable meal, wonderful company.

Got in my AbCoaster before I left. Not sure about dinner but definitely plan on having some of the fruit salad. :D
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 pm

It's starting to warm up in San Diego, though we probably won't get our 100-degree days until September. Our inland valleys will probably get there on the 4th.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am

Happy Sunday All !

Another scorcher here :roll: Won't eat any breakfast, will either eat lunch in town or if I come home - have a veggie burger with the works.

Plans changed, hubby had serious sinus/allergies this morning so we stayed home. Ate toasted raisin bread with butter and a little glass of milk for breakfast, pretzels and Diet Dr Pepper mid morning and then a cheese quesadillia for lunch. Thinking of making a casserole for dinner with chicken, wide egg noodles, cream of celery soup and cooked celery/carrot/onions. Will make cornbread as well, probably.

YEAH, cornbread :D

Well, made the egg noodle dish, very yummy. Didn't make the cornbread, decided to eat a buttered piece of asiago cheese bread instead so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the cornbread for the next three days. It was good as well. Finished off dinner with the fresh fruit salad.

On to the 4th

Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Happy 4th ! May we always remember that freedom is never free.

Ate cinnamon cheerios, 2pct milk and half a banana for breakfast/lunch (ate at noon). Busy getting the yard ready for company later. Will have the usual picnic fare but not too much. Ate a cheese stick and drank a diet soda while watching Rocky. Ate a veggie burger with cheese and all the fixings along with potato salad, coleslaw and fruit salad. It was all great.

Got in all my exercise, extra on the ab machine.

Ready for Tuesday. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Happy Tuesday All,

No breakfast, planned a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat toast and a banana for lunch but a friend came by the office and wanted me to go out and have lunch with her (wanted to discuss her lovelife :roll: ). I got a simple dinner salad - and I mean simple, shredded lettuce and about ten tiny cubes of tomato - THAT"S IT !!! I had salsa as my "dressing". Ate it and drank about four glasses of ice water as we talked, came back to the office and ate my banana.

Think we will finish the egg noodle casserole dish off tonight, always better the second time around.

Ended up going out to eat with six friends after work, I just got oven baked sweet potato fries and ice water, shared the hubby's unsweetened ice tea. (he ate breakfast for dinner as did everybody but me) The sweet potato fries were fine. I was going to come home and make a real salad but by the time we got home, I checked out my plants to see what needed watering and exercised - it was after eight and I just wanted to lay on the couch and watch White Collar.

Might eat some fruit salad or something later as I haven't eaten very much today.

:wink: :roll:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 am

Why did you have so little at lunch? Just weren't that hungry? The peanut butter sandwich sounded good!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 am

Seconding Oolala, my first thoughts on reading that post were
'wow, that's not very much food at all'
although reading back through your posts that little food seems to be the exception. I'm curious, was it enough? Why not have something more than lettuce and tomato for lunch, or more than just sweet potato fries for dinner?
When nothing goes right...go left.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Morning all,

I think I ate so little yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. I have been a little "off" since we got back from our trip last week, my body ached which I thought was just from riding such a long distance, I had a throbbing headache, felt a little queasy, etc. (Turns out the people we were visiting were suffering with a virus after we left as well :roll: ). As far as the salad, we were in the diner where there is not much other than burgers and fries or chicken and fries or fish and fries - you get it - a summer resort (we live on a huge sailing lake) thing. The "salad" was my default option. That is what I usually get there. It is the place to go and visit people so I go there even if I do not care for their food selection.

Where we ate dinner there were lots of food choices but I really was feeling bad by then, had the chills, etc. I didn't say anything but as soon as I got home, I exercised for half an hour and then I curled up on the couch and slept off and on for the next few hours (watching us win our ballgame 8-1 and watching White Collar and something else through the haze). Woke up about 10:30, feeling amazingly better, ate a dish of fresh fruit salad and went to bed.

Feel great today. I usually let my body fight off what it can without medical intervention.

Thanks for your concern.

Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Happy Wednesday All.

At work, working hard 8) . Still have my peanut butter and whole wheat bread here so I will probably eat that a little later. Also have a banana and a Morning Star Farms chicken breast patty (or whatever they call it, faux patty :D ). Will eat that sometime, maybe make a sandwich.

Ended up eating the peanut butter (one slice toasted with pb and honey), banana and "chicken? (no bread) for lunch. Heck, that even sounds healthy :D

Got in my abwork this morning (and it is really making a difference, I realized when I automically sucked in my stomach one day, there really wasn't anything to suck :roll: Well, unless you want to see me naked (and trust me, you don't - I had four kids in five years, two C sections a year apart. 'Nuff said)....

Will do my other exercise while hubby watches the evening news (I listen to the radio so I keep up on things as well) then plan to eat the previously mentioned noodle dish. Maybe with a salad if I am not too lazy.

Which I was, ate the fruit salad that was already made instead. :wink:
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi berry! Just spent the last 15 mins or so enjoyably reading your latest posts! Thanks for keeping us up to date on your No S journey. I love reading your food logs too. The chicken noodle casserole sounds yummy!! I may have to try it some time.

Meantime - sorry to hear about your DH sister and also that you had not been feeling very well the past few days. Glad you're starting to feel better now, though!! Have a great No S week, Roxy x

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Aww, Roxy, how sweet you are. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Morning all. Rainy Thursday here and we really need it.

Today is my official one year weigh in since I re-joined NO S.

I weighed 158 when I started.
My goal was 145.
My current weight is 144.

I hadn't weighed for a long time as my battery in my scale died but I bought a new battery yesterday so I could post an update today, having completed one full year. I have been going by how my clothes fit and how I look and feel to keep myself at or near my goal weight so I was pretty pleased with the number.

Not sure what I will be eating today. I am home from work and will make hubby a big breakfast if he so desires. :wink: I am nice like that.

Nice wife is making homemade blueberry pancakes, have some nice plump blueberries so they should be great with nice cold milk (2 pct) *Did indeed eat three big pancakes with butter (no syrup needed) and drank a glass of milk - it was already midday so it will be breakfast and lunch. Made another fresh fruit salad for the next few days. If it is already made, so much easier to get a little dish of it than reach for something else because it is handy.

Didn't eat any lunch but ate a huge veggie laden salad for dinner along with about six Morning Star farms "chicken" nuggets. They are really, really good - I would take them over real chicken any day. :wink:

On to Friday, we are going out for the day, I am staying at the mall while he goes and gets his truck that is being serviced. Then we will meet up and have lunch somewhere I am sure - if we have any money left after him with the mechanic and me at the mall 8)
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Why not cut and paste this to the testimonial thread? Seems worthy.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

oolala53 wrote:Why not cut and paste this to the testimonial thread? Seems worthy.
Thaks oolala, I posted on the Yearly check in thread. :wink:
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:51 pm

GREAT!! Can't wait to read it!! Just heading over there now. You are truly a testament to sticking with No S, being patient and not getting caught up in all the diet head stuff that can derail us i.e. ME!! :oops:

Have a great No S weekend (tomorrow's Friday - nearly there Yipeee!!)

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 am

Way to go!
Lisa, mom to 7

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks to you all (but now I wish I had posted something truly profound) :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Happy Friday All..

Spent the day with the hubby (my favorite thing to do, he is such a cutie :roll: ) Went shopping at the mall, got a few bath and body products/candles and got him some new houseshoes (more like driving shoes, they have a nice indoor/outdoor sole) and are very nice leather. Marked down from sixty to thirty. He wears cowboys boots all day so he needs something relaxing at night to walk around the yard in, etc.

We ate at a little family owned restaurant that he has been going to for over forty years, owner still there and hugged him (and me) when we walked in. He had the breakfast special (breakfast all day kinda place) with the steak and eggs and hashbrowns and toast. Yes he is 5' 11" and weighs 167 8)

I had the grilled cheese on great rye bread with pepperjack cheese and oven baked home fries and a couple crisp dill pickle spears. Ice water/lemon.

What's funny is I was in the bathroom freshening up afterwards and thought how great this eating normally is. Had I been on a low cal diet I would have skipped the fries probably, had I been on low carb I could not have had anything but the cheese and maybe the pickles :D But I had a nice meal in a great place with wonderful company, no stress about the food at all. Nobody said, Uh, you are only eating one normal sized plate of food - what is wrong with you? Know why? Because that is how normal people eat. Hmmm.... We didn't eat until about two so I will not want a big dinner, probably a dinner salad and some fruit salad as I haven't had many fruits/veggies today - well I did eat both pickles :twisted:

Ate the salad (hubby at the same). Neither of us ate anything else. Fruit salad can be breakfast tomorrow.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Happy Saturday All,

Feeling great, gonna do some yardwork today

And I did - repotted some mini roses and impatients. Ate a dish of fresh fruit salad and a toasted/buttered slice of raisin bread. Yummy breakfast

At mid-day, while watching The Rainmaker, hubby asked what kind of snack could we have that would be healthy. Way to go, hubby... I said, Air popped popcorn (in my microwave dish that you just put in 1/4 cup of regular popcorn kernels, no oil or anything. So that is what we did, used Pam butter spray for the "butter" and salt - I drank part of a Diet Dr. Pepper from yesterday. Should hold me to dinner. :wink:

Wow, what an exhausting day! I had so much work to do in so many different places, the yard, the three bathrooms, finish the laundry and iron two blouses (linen) for work, empty the dishwasher, straighten the the guest cabin, had to exercise - had to water all my plants... AND we got phone calls and visits in between.

My husband said, Aw, you've done enough work, you don't need to actually exercise. I said, Yes I do. Running around is not the same thing. or everybody would be fit. So at six I went in and did my bike/stairstepper and glider. Got it and it felt great. Had done four sets of fifty on the Ab Coaster throughout the day and I could feel it :roll:

Made a pizza for dinner loaded with veggies (red/green/yellow peppers among the mix) no meat. I hate 2/3 of 1/2 pizza. Geez, I didn't know there would be math here :o

Put the rest in the fridge for some time tomorrow, took a hot bath and I feel so much better now. A good feeling to get everything done.

See ya tomorrow, bring 'er on.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Happy Sunday afternoon.

Had a breakfast/lunch of two scrambled eggs and a piece of toasted raisin bread with a glass of 2pct milk. Am now drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper and watching the ballgame.'Did my abwork early this morning and my other "formal" exercise about four. We both ate some hot cheese nachos during the game (which we won, by the way).

Ate the leftover pizza and the end of the noodle dish for dinner, hubby ate the end of the potato salad, cole slaw and I made him a real hamburger - not a faux one. Good, more for me :D

Bring on Monday, back to work. I'm ready......
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Happy Monday All.

At work, drinking cranberry pomegranate tea. Probably won't eat anything until midday.
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

What a great weekend. Good for you. Fun but on plan. What kind of pomegranate tea? Who makes it? I love pomegranate anything.
I'm baaaack.

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Sounds like a good weekend.
Lisa, mom to 7

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Afternoon gals...

Lipton cranberry/pomegranate all natural Green Tea, just got it at WalMart. I drink all kinds of green tea all day long, interspersed with hot lemon water. :wink:

Just had my first meal of the day, a peanut butter/strawberry jam on toasted whole wheat bread sandwich - and a Diet Dr. Pepper (well, the WalMart brand, Diet Dr. Thunder). It was fine and now I will probably not eat any more until dinner. I do know what I want, a fresh from the garden sliced tomato sandwich, with Miracle Whip, lots of salt and pepper on toasted whole wheat bread. That's what I want - I was reading a site about the most popular summer sandwiches and it was right up there on top. :D

Did indeed have my tomato sandwich on whole wheat toast with a side dish of fettucini, spinach and parmasan cheese. Quite filling, might eat a sliced pear a bit later, might not.

Came home front work, exhausted, almost couldn't walk. But, I immediately changed into workout clothes and got in my routine, then i went outside and watered my flowers, another 45 mins of walking and lugging a garden hose. Always feel better after I "do" something. :roll:
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 pm

What exactly is Miracle Whip?? For some reason it seems like it would be a sweet thing but having seen some of the recipes it's included in, I kind of hope not!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:36 pm

milliem wrote:What exactly is Miracle Whip?? For some reason it seems like it would be a sweet thing but having seen some of the recipes it's included in, I kind of hope not!
Miracle Whip is a Kraft product, sorta like mayonaisse with a little more spice I guess. That is all my husband will allow in the house, I never put "mayonaisse" on anything but tomato sandwiches but I do use it in my potato salad, egg salad, cole slaw, etc.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Good Tuesday Monring All !!

At work, drinking hot lemon tea, had a great morning. Did my ab work early (in my jammies). Went to get dressed and reached for a pair of navy lined dress slacks that I love once I get them on but getting them on was recently a bit of a struggle. The thoughts of a tight, clingy pair of pants on a hundred degree day wasn't exactly a pleasant thought but I hadn't worn them for a while and had a new turqoise and navy shell that I wanted to wear.

WELL, they just slid right on. It felt great. I guess fifteen pounds in relation to the same pair of slacks makes a difference, huh?

So now I am even more motivated to eat right today.

Berry

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Awesome!
Lisa, mom to 7

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Rewards don't get any "sweeter" than sliding on pants that used to be too tight. Bask in your success, Strawberry!
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks, this is the most supporive board I have ever posted on, bar none.

Eating my breakfast/lunch peanutbutter/strawberry jam on whole wheat toast sandwich. I think I want to have a big plate of fresh cauliflower (have a beautiful head in the fridge that is begging to be cooked) :D Nothing but salt and pepper, a whole dinner plate full. Ah, I can picture it now. Hubby loves cauliflower as well so I might share.

maybe
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 pm

FABULOUS news, Berry! Well done in your ongoing No S Success!
You are truly an inspiration :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:49 am

Oh, you are too sweet. There really are so many, many more on here who have lost so much more weight and overcome a lot more. I just like to talk about it :D

Ate my cauliflower, steamed the whole head and ate about half of it, really. Just salt and pepper, nothing else. Also ate a big green salad filled with veggies and even added some dried cranberries. It was very pretty and very filling. I was actually stuffed. :roll:

Got in my exercise right after work so another successful day.

Bring on Wednesday. :wink:
Berry

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:30 am

I like the sound of the simplicity of your cauliflower, if you have really good fresh veg sometimes it's all you need. I love to eat steamed green veg (of pretty much any kind) with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice plus salt and pepper. Yummy!

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 am

I love cauliflower too. Of course I like it better with sour cream and cheese. :oops: Hats off to you.
Lisa, mom to 7

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:59 pm

I used to put cheese on cauliflower and broccoli but for some reason, I don't anymore. But, never fear, there was shredded cheese on my salad. I love the olive oil and lemon juice concept, I love lemon juice - I am drinking hot lemon water right now, just lemon juice in hot water :D

Not sure what I will be eating today, nothing until lunch, I have decided that the three days I work I probably won't eat breakfast as I don't really like to. The days I am with my husband I usually eat later in the morning, closer to eleven so that is more brunch I suppose.

Wasn't hungry at lunch, it is now about two and I am eating some dried apricots and pretzels - the whole sweet and salty thing. Drinking a Diet Dr Pepper. Going out to dinner after work with the hubby and friends, have eaten so little today will try to see what kind of a healthy meal I can throw together (depends where we go, of course. We rarely pick the place if we are with others, we can eat where we want if we are on our own, if we are meeting friends it is more about the company than the food.)
Berry

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 pm

I've found some awesome looking recipes for broccoli and cauliflower like this one for broccoli - sounds yummy and not covered in fatty cheese and cream!

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:57 pm

That broccoli looks fantastic!
Lisa, mom to 7

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:07 am

That recipe sounds wonderful and looks great, not sure if I can find the sambal around here, however. Never really heard of it, in all honesty. Something to look for, that's for sure. I live near a pretty big college town where they have a lot of ethnic groups so they probably have a larger selection of spices and condiments. Will be fun to shop.

Ended up at the marina diner, beautiful night at the lake. Amidst the people and their burger baskets, shrimp baskets, chicken wraps, etc. - I picked at a small order of fries and just visited. As soon as I came home I made a nice big healthy salad with lots of veggies, dried cranberries and toasted almonds. It was great, I did my exercises and I am set for the night.

Thursday, here I come. :wink:
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 am

Your dinner sounded fab, Berry! Glad you had a nice time. BTW I LOL'd at your "I just like to talk about it" quip. Well, all I can say is: thank goodness as I always enjoy your posts. :wink:

Just wanted to add another little comment - sounds like you consistently exercise on a daily basis. I think I need to get more exercise in, tbh. I do walk around the block (approx 5 miles) 4 days a week but on the other days, ie. when at work i don't really get the same opportunity to do so. I move around somewhat but not enough to make a difference. Something I will have to address at some point ! I do enjoy my walks around the neighborhood I have to say and now the weather is so nice, it is a joy to get outside. Mind you, I don't particularly relish getting chased by the neighbor's dogs - enough said! LOL!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 am

Morning No S, I agree that strange dogs do make outdoor walking a challenge. I love to walk but don't get to do it as much anymore - We live in the country and I used to walk miles every night but since they regraded the road, they piled huge rocks on each side so there isn't really any way to get out of the way of vehicles (they aren't many but there are some big ones, haytrucks or tractors, etc.) sometimes I walk on my lunch hour at work but it has been so hot that I can't really do it without getting all yucky as I wear business attire (just change my shoes). I DO love to exercise, tho. Can't remember when I missed a day. I do the AbCoaster in the morning (the Montel machine), usually 100 or so. Then at six every night (or later if we go somewhere after work), I do 30 or 45 mins or my machines in my exercise room, the exercise bike, stairstepper and Gazelle. I also have the free weights, balls, bodyblades, etc. lots of little stuff.

Off work today and I am going out with a few friends for several hours. Won't eat breakfast and will eat lunch wherever they want. If there is nothing I really like I will find a little something and then eat a healthy bite when I get home. Food is just not really an issue to me anymore. I do know that at the grocery store, I am going to get some more of the Morningstar Farms faux chicken nuggets as they were really good and I will try the chicken patties as well.

Thanks for your kind words NoS. :wink:

Well, it is almost 2:30 and I finally made it back. Had great time with the gals. We went to WalMart, a little strip mall with Maurices and other clothing shops, a natural foods store where I got some green teas for work and some flax seed to put on our peanut butter sandwiches, Aldi's and lunch. We went to the senior center and had lunch with one of my friend's mother (we try to do that once a month, we sit at "her" table with her lady friends and she seems to enjoy the extra company.) Their special was fried chicken dinner, I skipped the chicken but got double broccoli and a scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy AND a homemade biscuit. YEAH! BABY! Drank fat free milk with the meal and then drank unsweetened tea while we were visiting. Didn't eat dessert but did get the hubby a HUGE homemade peanut butter cookie to go. I am so nice. 8)

Got lots of goodies at the grocery stores (which would be WalMart and Aldis.) I got my usual whole wheat bread, eggs, cheese, etc - the essentials - Morning star sausage patties, chicken nuggets and chicken patties along with fresh plums, nectarines and peaches. Naturally I got my weekly salad fixings and some more croutons and red wine pomegranate vinegar. The checkout associate said, Wow vegetarian "meats", fresh fruits and vegetables, red wine vinegar - you must be a health NUT. I said, Well, I am a nut, that's for sure. I honestly did not have one thing in my cart that was unhealthy unless one considered Diet Dr Thunder to be so which I really don't. It is neutral in my book, not needed probably but unless I drink two thousand cans a day, probably won't hurt me.

Got in my ab work this morning, will do the other about six. Not sure about dinner, maybe one of the faux chicken patties as the "meat" and then some kind of sides. Oh, and a salad :

Got in my exercise, decided I didn't want the "chicken" or the sides but I DID want a big dinner plate sized salad, the usual greens, veggies, croutons, vinegar AND dried cranberries, fresh pear slices and fresh blueberries topped with toasted almonds. A LOT of healthy food - low fat, high volume. Couldn't quite finish it all but it was great. I made the hubby salmon patties - eww - with the end of the fettucini/spinach noodle dish.

Drinking decaf Luzianne iced tea, unsweetened, watching Burn Notice and grateful for another wonderful day. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Happy Friday All.

Planning on doing some work around the house today, laundry, iron a few things for the week ahead (I love the look of ironed clothes), do a load of dishes, etc. Will probably made a real breakfast for the hubby a bit later.

Well, hubby decided to mow the yard this morning so he just grabbed a cereal bar and headed outside, his last words were, You had better eat something :roll: At ten-thirty I ate two pieces of toasted raisin bread (one would have been enough but it was the end of the loaf and I wanted to use it up) spread lightly with peanut butter. It was fine.

Got in double my ab work this morning, will probably do more as I wait for the laundry to dry. It is fun - the AbCoaster, I do fifty at a time, could do a lot more but the reviews said to not overhead the rollers but doing hundreds in a set, to take breaks in between. So I do, because I always do what I am told. :D

Hmm, my update from last night didn't take. Let me see if I can remember what I did yesterday. Hubby went out with friends in the afternoon, I did some housework, ate a small salad about two, later ate a Dreamsicle (they are getting a bit shall we say, old), he came home and mowed until late. We ate a sampler platter of faux chicken nuggets, onion rings, mozzarella sticks and cheddar poppers (all made in the oven, nothing deep fried) out on the deck, he had some homemade potato salad that I had whipped up earlier as well. Everything was fine but didn't seem to taste as good as it used to. Actually the best part was the faux chicken :D I had a lot of my "platter" left over. Maybe some can be recycled into a salad later on.

Got in lots of exercise yesterday, it was too hot to go outside so I stayed in and took advantage of the exercise room.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Happy Saturday morning.
Up and at 'em :D

Not sure what I will do today, a friend wanted to go shopping but it is going to be over a hundred and the getting in and out of hot/cold makes me a little woozy. My blood pressure has been really low (like 92/54, etc) lately and I think that only adds to it. I would rather stay home and mess around in my house, I love my house. :roll: I am going to repot some variegated ivy plants that have overgrown their homes, do some dusting and vacuuming this morning and do the bathrooms this afternoon.

Not sure about food, depends on what the hubby is planning today.

Ended up making a wonderful fresh fruit dish, sliced peaches, sliced pears, cranberries (dried) and big plump blueberries. Topped with toasted slivered almonds. Very very good. We both ate it (he had less fruit because he also ate cottage cheese). What is funny is that he normally asks for bacon and pancakes or something on the days I am off work but even his tastes are changing for the better.

Didn't eat until eleven so won't eat again until late afternoon, maybe just dinner. We shall see.

Ended up having company, son and daughter in law stopped by, so happy to see them, she brought two discs of photos from their recent Alaskan cruise so we looked at those, just breathtaking. Made some impromptu food as they were planning to go out to eat after our visit, told them to just eat here and go out for a drink or dessert. So they stayed four hours :D Made a couple pizzas, had the homemade potato salad from yesterday and opened a bag of chips. Had two pieces of pizza and unsweetened tea and spent my eating time looking at photos. Had a great visit, they live very close but with everybody working and it being a hundred degrees every day, our funeral trip and their vacation - we haven't visited much the past couple of weeks.

Doubt I will eat anything else today. Still have to get in my exercise. Off to do that now.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Happy Sunday All.

Just now having my first food of the day and it is 2:30.... We went to church and went out to eat afterward, when my husband said what do you want,
I said, nothing here. (the half cup of shredded lettuce place). My husband said, Really? I said Yes, I will eat when we get home, He said, Okay... I drank some ice water (tempered with a little lemonade as the water is a bit heavy on the chemicals I fear). I had a great time visiting with people I hadn't seen for a while and guess what, NOBODY cared what I was eating. I wasn't about to pay for their pitiful excuse for a salad and saw no sense in ordering french fries or onion rings just to have something to do.

Went by the store when we left and got some Roma tomatoes and some cucumbers and a big fat cantaloupe. Came home and made a HUGE salad which was (actually is, I took a break from eating as it was so big) great. Told my husband that I might have some sort of illness where my body craves salad, he said Like when dogs eat grass? Yeah, something like that.

Think we will try to clean up some of the leftovers tonight before I go back to work tomorrow. I will probably have the onion rings from a couple nights ago and the pizza from yesterday - stick them under the broiler a minute or two.

Gotta get in my "formal" exercise, did the abCoaster early this morning.

Got in my exercise and ate exactly as planned, a couple pieces of pizza and a few oven baked onion rings.

Ready for Monday. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:43 am

Happy Monday All.

Back to work :D
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 pm

You are my ideal and where I want to be. I am amazed at you passing up food when everyone else was eating. It is not the need to eat but to conform that would get to me. I would automatically assume since everyone was eating, I would have to even if I hated all the food. Way to go Strawberry! Really independent thinking.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Well, you are too kind Pangelsue. (But you might set your sights a bit higher for an ideal :D )

I just decided that I am no longer going to eat french fries or birthday cake or popcorn at the movies or whatever unless I actually want to eat that item at that given time. And surprise, nobody cares what I eat or when (well, my husband worries if I don't eat enough as I have very low blood pressure, etc. but he knows I am an adult and know when and what to eat.)

As a matter of fact, I just ate a hearty peanut butter and strawberry all fruit jam sandwich on nine grain bread (toasted), a big fat ripe juicy purple plum and a Diet Dr. Pepper. First food of the day and last food of the day until dinner.

Came home, got in my exercise, watered my poor plants (it has been over a hundred for a week and not letting up anytime soon :cry: ) and made a Morningstar Farm chik'n patty sandwich on whole wheat bread with Miracle Whip and sliced tomatoes (patty in the middle, tomatoes on both sides). It was great. I will eat some fruit later (cantaloupe, pears and blueberries) and that will be the end of Monday food.

Bring on Tuesday.
Berry