Thtrchic's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS!

B - oatmeal with nuts, banana, and a little milk and sugar
L - salami and cheddar sandwich on a roll with mayo, carrots, strawberries
D - leftover chicken and orzo, 2 small plums

Did 20 minutes of resistance work this morning and am about to go out for a walk.

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Forgive me if I don't read through all your pages to see if your username means theater chic... all this time, I was thinking it was some Middle English or Welsh name!
Last edited by oolala53 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Haha. Nope, theatre it is. :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS!

My admission: I just don't like exercising. It doesn't seem I ever will. I have to do it anyway.

B - cereal with milk, 2 bites of banana
L - salami and cheese with mayo on roll, carrots, peach
D (making it now) - mushroomy cream of mushroom soup, hunk of bread with butter, banana chips

Had a slightly more active day than usual with some extra walking. Plus did 30 minutes dedicated exercise when I got home tonight -- mostly walking, a few minutes of jogging, and a good amount of hills.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 am

Thursday, SUCCESS!

B - large bowl of cereal with milk
L - (out with several board members, essentially my boss(es)) 1/2 really wonderful fried chicken sandwich, 1.5 small lobster roll "sliders," some fries, some homemade chips, glass of white wine
D - TBD -- my stomach is feeling kind of unsettled all of a sudden so I'm not totally sure, but am planning greek yogurt with banana and strawberries and bit of honey, piece of 12 grain toast

Will do my 30 minutes of exercise tonight -- half resistance, half walking.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Friday, SUCCESS!

I did eat dinner as planned last night, but was really just feeling off and really, really tired so decided to push the exercise for the week back a day -- today I'm doing yesterday's and tomorrow I'll do today's.

B - large serving of greek yogurt with bit of sugar plus sliced banana and walnuts
L - hummus with a bit of olive oil, big and fluffy piece of pita bread, banana chips
D - (planned, out) prawn quesadilla, chips and salsa, strawberries

Didn't meet my veggie requirement again, but still a vanilla success. And did the resistance workout this morning and about to take a pre-dinner walk. I'll be at the theatre late tonight, but will not be eating anything post-dinner.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:22 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Not too bad.

B - cereal with milk
S - few nibbles of samples while shopping the farmers market
L - individual thin pepperoni pizza, 1/2 dark chocolate kit kat bar, few bites of fresh bread with butter (pulled off loaf to sample while fresh), strawberries
S - about 1/4 cup chocolaty trail mix
D (out, with a friend) - large serving of chicken chow fun, normal serving of beef and string beans with white rice
S - few cherries, few pieces of bite size chocolate candies

Walked about 3 miles urban ranger style (plus walking around farmers market and grocery store while shopping).

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Another not too bad one.

B - cereal with milk
L (out, with a friend) - half a 3 egg cheddar, avocado, and bacon omelette, 2 pieces buttered sourdough toast, most of the serving of home fries
S - piece of pecan pie
D (at book group) - 1 large chicken enchilada (homemade and so good), mixed greens salad with bit of fruit, almonds, and avocado, chips with salsa, piece of mixed berry pie, 1/2 glass white wine, 1/2 glass red wine

Off for the day on exercise. I wish tomorrow was too...

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 am

Monday, SUCCESS!

B - large bowl of cereal with milk
L - spinach and feta pie, greek yogurt with touch of sugar
D - hunk of bread with hummus, banana, peach, 2 crackers with cheese, small handful of almonds (about 10)

Walked a bunch today, but none was measured. My feet are really tired despite wearing comfortable shoes so I know it was a good amount.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS!

I didn't get my veggies in and didn't eat the most nutritious dinner, but it's still a definite success for me today. We're having major IT problems at work which led to a long and stressful day. Dinner was much delayed and my instinct was definitely to go for the chocolate while working on the problem, but I didn't.

B - oatmeal with almonds and bit of milk and sugar
L - salami and cheese on a roll, potato chips made with olive oil, plum
D - hunk of bread with hummus, smaller hunk of bread with butter, couple cups microwave popcorn, apple

I've walked some today, but have not yet gotten to the weights. I'll still plan on that tonight, but am also still finishing up work so am not there yet so am not 100% sure I'll make it happen. Either way, I feel good about handling the day.

Julie

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:32 am

Hi Julie!! Enjoyed reading your online diary. Been having a bit of a rough couple of Days this week but after reading your posts, I feel inspired again. I think my main problem is the S Days. I tend to overeat on S Days and have discovered on the S Days that have been fairly sane that I seem to get ravenous on the Monday and overeat. Sorry, not very inspirational to those of us seeking encouragement!! Just getting it off my chest, though.

Fingers crossed, as of tomorrow, i am back on track with the No S diet. Trying to do a 21 day challenge so we'll see what happens. Have a great week and thanks again for sharing with us!!

Roxy
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks so much, Roxy. That is very flattering and incredibly inspiring for me. I'm definitely trying here and am feeling like I've started to make some real changes in the last few months. I'm not really seeing it on the scale much, but I feel like I will as I go a while longer.

I did just do the rest of my exercise for the day and feel really good for it.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 am

Wednesday (it's Wednesday, right?), SUCCESS.

Another long and stressful day at work dealing with technology problems. I stayed on track, but coming home late and exhausted I just can't handle cooking or exercise. But I'm not snacking or eating sweets and that's the real deal.

B - greek yogurt with bananas and walnuts, piece of buttered 12 grain toast
L - tuna salad on rye with cheddar, potato chips
D - 2 pieces buttered sourdough bread, a whole bunch of strawberries

I did walk around the building and up and down the stairs a lot more than usual today, but really have to pass on anything more tonight.

Julie

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 am

Wow! You are on a roll! Kudos to you for hanging in there even on tough days! You are doing great ....
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Thursday, NWS/SUCCESS!

It's opening night of the show and I'll be having a NWS event for dinner. But I did not allow that to slide earlier into the day and have been successful with that, which is more than I can say for other recent events.

I've also noticed a new pattern in my lunch eating. Traditionally, I save my fruit from my packed lunch for mid-afternoon. This is partially due to time to eat and partially to help with hunger. In the last week or so, I've just eaten what I eat at the one sitting and never get to the fruit. This is partially due to not having time and partially because I haven't been so hungry until late enough in the afternoon that I've been deciding to just push through.

B - greek yogurt with banana and walnuts plus touch of honey, piece of buttered 12 grain toast
L - oatmeal with almonds plus some milk and sugar, piece of buttered toast (had also brought cherries, but never ate them)
D - (out, at a work thing, not quite known, but something like) green salad of some sort, piece of bread, some sort of duck entree, some sort of dessert, glass of white wine

And I'll surely have another glass of wine later tonight after the show.

I didn't do my resistance/weights this morning for no reason other than laziness so that's a fail. I have moved around quite a bit again today while working to (finally!) resolve the tech issue.

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 am

Interesting. This is opening night for member on a Sparkpeople team I'm on, too. Break a leg!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Congrats on opening night! :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Friday, Failure. I don't feel bad about it and don't regret it, though. It was just one of those days. The technology problem re-surfaced, which set my day off wrong, but I mostly held it together. I did have a largish handful of m&m's mid-afternoon, which was slightly stupid. Then I went out with people after work for a beer and had a little spinach dip, then went with a few of the group and had a piece of (nice) pizza, then continued with the group for gelato. Definitely an official No-S failure on multiple counts, but it was social and a needed release at the end of a very long and trying week and really not out of control.

B - vegan banana walnut bar (on the run)
L - tuna sandwich on rye with cheese, chips
S - m&m's (I feel a little bad about these, but not really)
D/S - beer, little bit of shared spinach artichoke dip on bread, piece of thin corn, chile, and cheese pizza (from cheeseboard for anyone from the area), scoop of stracciatella gelato

Today is off to a fine start. I head out of town for vacation on Wednesday morning so it's an odd week, but limited groceries are bought and I had my usual cereal for breakfast.

Julie

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Julie - Sounds like an enjoyable "failure." Definitely better than an evening spent on the couch with a bag of chips. :D

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

It was SpiritSong. Usually I don't think that's enough to justify it, but for whatever reason, this time I do.

Yesterday was a pretty solid S Day. I ate as normal on my own, had a slightly big dinner with a little group, and then a fairly small treat with a friend. All in all it was one I feel good about.

B- cereal with milk
L - grilled cheese, potato chips, cherries
D - (picnicking with friends) 2 hunks of bread with various servings of cheese, lemon artichoke dip, and small amount of salami, strawberries, bottle of nice cream soda, few sips of wine
S - small cup of hot cocoa, about 1/2 bakery chocolate chip cookie

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Did the pizza have a cornmeal crust or corn on the top? It sounded so good. Gosh, I have not had gelato in a long time. Not going to go out and get it now, but will think about possibly maneuvering to have some situations where it could happen naturally.

What is SpiritSong?

Sounded like a sane fail, if that makes sense.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 am

It was actual pieces of corn on the top, Oolala. It was definitely good and I agree a sane failure.

Today, S-DAY, quite a bit less good than yesterday, but not disastrous.

Brunch - (out, with friends) about 1/3 of a crab and cheddar omelette, 2 pieces buttered toast, some home fries with sour cream, about 1/2 brownie
S - small ice cream bar (150 cals for the sake of size reference), 7up
S - shared unbuttered movie popcorn
D - frozen pepperoni pizza, 1/2 dark chocolate kit kat bar

Decent amount of walking today.

It was a very social weekend for me. That's not so good for healthy eating or finances, but good in general. I've lived here about a year and a half and am still in a place where I don't have too many local friends. This means opportunities to be with people and keep building friendships are also really important to and for me. Balancing all this is the key, which I guess is true of all things.

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:07 am

Gotchya about taking advantage of eating with people. I've lived in San Diego since 1980 but I still eat most of my meals alone, esp. when school is on break.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 am

Monday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - salami with mayo on small baguette, almost 1/2 cup potato salad, baby carrots, cherries
D - leftover 1/3 of last night's pizza, apple

Julie

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Congratulations on the good S weekend and succesful N day.

I think you should be really pleased to come back from a fail on a friday and not go mad over the weekend because 'what the hell'!!
When nothing goes right...go left.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks, SkyKitty! I'm feeling really good about handling things right now. But I'm heading on vacation for a week starting tomorrow -- we'll see how well I can manage with totally changed circumstances.

Today, Tuesday, SUCCESS!

We had a staff pizza party for lunch today and I feel pretty good about how I did. I had a very full plate, but kept it to a plate and didn't go back for anymore during the afternoon like a lot of people were.

B - cereal with milk
L - big serving of green salad with italian dressing, small piece garlic bread, 2 slices pizza
D - cereal with milk (yes, again), raisins

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm back from vacation and ready to face real life. I did ok No-S wise while I was gone, but not brilliantly. I'm calling yesterday a fail day as I was snacking without sufficient cause. Of the other five weekdays -- three I called NWS days and two straight successes. I wasn't over the top on those NWS days or on the weekend S Days, but did enjoy some treats as part of social outings. I also got in exercise more days than not. And started today off with some upper body weights, which felt really good. I'll add in a walk later in the day. I'm feeling committed to focusing even harder on keeping food things well in control and exercise frequent and actually finally getting to the point of losing weight. And I'm not just saying there's only two days til July so I'll start then as I briefly considered.

I'll be back tonight to report the day's success.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Sounds like you did a great job on vacation..enjoyed it but did not go hog wild.. CONGRATS
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 am

Thanks, Jean. I feel good about it -- at least habit-wise.

Today was a SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L -peanut butter and homemade jam on grainy bread, olive oil potato chips, apple
D - 1/2 plate of salad of lettuce, carrots, few walnuts, craisins, crumbled goat cheese in light honey mustard dressing, 6 baked breaded shrimp, small hunk of sourdough bread

I'm not entirely full post-dinner, but the plate was full and that's surely enough and I'm going to push through.

Got in a short afternoon walk at a decent speed in addition to this morning's resistance work.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 am

Thursday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - hunk of bread (4 oz) with cream cheese, olive oil chips, banana
D - flounder stuffed with crab (frozen from Trader Joe's), small piece of bread (1 oz) with bit of butter, 6-7 olives, half plate of salad of lettuce, carrots, goat cheese with light catalina dressing

Took a slow afternoon walk -- about 15 minutes -- and will head out for a 30 minute "power" walk complete with hills in a bit. Neither tiredness nor laziness will deter me.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:50 pm

With the beginning of the month comes another weigh-in. I'm about 2.5 pounds heavier than last month, 2 heavier than the beginning of the year, and exactly the same as the same time last year. I am holding steady on measurements from the last couple months and overall 3 inches smaller than this same time last year so a little progress is being made. I also know that a lot of progress has been made in the fight for better habits. This isn't at all shocking news, but, of course, still a tad disappointing.

Ill stick with the system and the plan for greater focus on what's on the plate and actually doing my exercise -- in a moderate, not diet-y way, though, so that I can really keep it up and not feel unhappy about what I "have" to do. Its taken me a while to get this far so I have to know that it'll take a while to get the next step in place as well.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 pm

The measurements show that you must be firming up, and muscle weighs more than fat. So you are right...some progress has been made. Hang in there!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks!

And today, Friday, was a SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - smallish salami sandwich on crusty bread, 1/2 serving potato chips, bunch of baby carrots, banana
D - largish piece of foccacia with cheese, tomatoes, and a little oil, orange

I'm making some food for a picnic tomorrow -- I put together a very pretty fruit salad, am making a lemony dill potato salad, and have these chocolate chip cookies. I so want one of the cookies now, but will not have one until tomorrow.

Have been pretty active today, but no official exercise yet. I'll do something more structured later tonight. For the record, I did walk as planned last night.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Not totally unreasonable, but a lot of food.

B - cereal with milk
L (at a picnic with friends, eaten over time) - smallish servings of pasta salad with feta and olives, lemon dill potato salad, chips with guacamole, largish servings of doritos and fruit salad, 1 small spanikopita, 2 small fried eggrolls with sweet and sour sauce, few pieces of grilled chicken with satay sauce, 2 large cookies (1 from each set brought), 1 small piece of cheesecake with strawberries, pink lemonade (wow, that sure is a lot, but was completely in line with what everyone else was eating too)
D - little bit more of the pasta and potato salads, few chips, 1 of the eggrolls with satay sauce, pink lemonade, strawberries

Success of the day: I didn't have another cookie when I got home as I was thinking I'd like to.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:56 am

Sunday, S-DAY. But S free. That's the first time I've done that and I'm feeling good about it.

B - lowfat (this was a mistake -- in the future I'll be the regular) greek yogurt with honey, banana, and walnuts
L - 3 slices thin crust homemade whole wheat "white" pizza -- potato, rosemary, mozzarella, parmesan, and garlic olive oil, big serving of fruit salad
D - 6 (1 serving, 190 cals for reference sake) baked "fried" shrimp with cocktail sauce, some of the potato salad I made yesterday, peach

I went to the movies and turned down popcorn (twice). Not having dessert is proving a little difficult, but I'm skipping it tonight and pushing sometimes further. Seemed a good week to do it since tomorrow is also an S day. :) Although I ate quite a lot yesterday, I actually feel like that fell within sometimes in a useful way too -- I ate a little of most things at the picnic, but no extra S's either before or after.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:06 am

Monday, S-DAY. Not too out of control.

B - lf greek yogurt with honey (too much), banana, and walnuts
L - the rest of the pizza from yesterday
S - chocolate chip cookie, banana cream pudding with slices of banana and nilla wafers (wow, this was good!)
D - wheat thins with cream cheese, olives, strawberries, grapes (planned to have salad and the wheat thins, but so didn't feel like that so improvised with this -- seemed like a good compromise since I was really dreaming about burgers and fries)
S (planned) - chocolate chip cookie

Took an S day on exericse too. This isn't really ok, but it's an S day so I'm allowing it and moving on.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - grilled cheese (mozzarella on 3 seed oat bread), more of the leftover potato salad, grapes
D - large hunk of bread with butter and bit of garlic olive oil, salad with lettuce, carrots, craisins and bit of goat cheese in oil and vinegar, few bites of pesto chicken (which I made and didn't like so added bread to the plate in exchange -- not the same make up I know, but was what I could do), tiny cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (juice from the one orange I had in the house)

I stayed home sick from work today so haven't moved much. I'm feeling ok, though, so I guess I need to figure out some exercise for tonight. Oh, how I wish I actually liked doing it.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS!

Discovered that a friend and her friend happened to be seeing the same play I was tonight so I decided to join them for dinner first. The beauty of this plan is shifts in plan like this don't have to mess everything up. It was actually eaten on multiple small plates because that's how it was served, but I feel fine about my portion and definitely ate much more salad than anything else.

B - smaller bowl of cereal with milk (which actually means serving size size; I'd increased at some point to help me go from breakfast to lunch sans snack and think I now need to start working on getting back to normal)
L -peanut butter and homemade jam sandwich (I'd also brought potato salad and grapes, but didn't get to them until it was late enough it seemed better just to wait for dinner)
D (out at a super yummy salvadoran place with friends) - 1 pupusa with slaw, 1 piece of fried plantain with beans and cream, bunch of salad of lettuce, papaya, mango, cashews, and some sort of avocado vinaigrette

Just getting home at 9:30 tonight so think I'm skipping exercise. Of course, as its been noted in another thread nothing can change until the excuses stop, so maybe I'll push myself and do at least 15 minutes of something. Ok, I'm convinced, I'll do 15 minutes of something right after this.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 pm

WOW! GOOD JOB!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:51 am

Thursday, SUCCESS with an S event. I'd call the day lime green -- green with a little yellow mixed in. :)

B - medium bowl of cereal with milk
L - about 2 oz mozzarella, large handful of wheat thins, strawberries
S - few sips of prosecco and very thin piece of truly wonderful homemade cake celebrating two 21st birthdays for box office staff at the theatre
D- TBD. I'd planned pan seared tilapia and salad, but am not feeling that much like eating. I'm hungry, but kind of disinterested, which is incredibly unlike me. Maybe because I had that cake at 4? I'm going to wait and see if I want to do something. It'll be something fairly light if I do and most definitely on plan.

Did a 35 minute slightly hilly, slightly fast walk.

julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:21 am

Friday, SUCCESS! Although I didn't eat any fruits or veggies. :(

B - small+ bowl of cereal with milk
L - (take out) 2 (grass fed, local farm) beef sliders, 10 freshly made (like from actual potatoes cut up this morning) tater tots with ketchup
D - medium bowl of cereal and milk

I'd planned the tilapia and salad for dinner again, but my stomach is feeling a little off so I decided to go with the simpler cereal. Sunday I will positively make the fish.

Walked 30+ minutes today. I just bought an exercise ball. I've never really used one. I've sat on them, but haven't done any real workouts on them, but it seemed like it might be good. I just need to blow it up now and get to it. Honestly, I'm not sure that'll happen tonight, but for Monday for sure.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 am

I have an exercise ball that I have rarely used. Let us know if you find great uses. I have a coworker who sits on an exercise ball all day at work in front of her computer.
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 am

Here's hoping I do something with it, Jean.

Saturday, S-DAY. In control, but with a couple S's.

B - homemade banana strawberry smoothie, piece of multigrain toast with butter and cream cheese
L - pb&j, chips, grapes
S - 2 Fannie Mae Mint Meltaways (a favorite treat from my childhood -- I brought 3 back with me from Chicago when I was there a couple weeks ago), several wheat thins with some salami
D - fried chicken breast, chips, cherries, 2 bite chocolate dipped macaroon
S - (at intermission, at the cold out door theatre) hot cocoa

I volunteered today with this group that helps low income families get fresh produce. One way is through helping them create backyard gardens. I helped build one of these backyard gardens. We spent 3+ hours. I'd estimate 2 were filled with fairly active labor. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow -- and I don't regret it at all.

Julie

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 am

I think you had a great day. You had treats but not crazy amounts. I can testify that gardening is hard! As for the exercise ball, we have one that my 10yo ds mostly rolls, bounces and wallows on. Maybe we should all act like 10yos? :roll:
Lisa, mom to 7

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 am

Joyofsix wrote:Maybe we should all act like 10yos? :roll:
I honestly think we would be much fitter as a species if we did. I'm sure that exercise should be fun. There is a sort of jungle gym which I sometimes go to with my 3 year old niece, a couple of hours of climbing, ducking, sliding, running and swinging and I'm pooped. But you just don't notice at the time cos it's so much fun. Why can't gyms be more like playgrounds? I swear it'd be just as good exercise.

I think we all need to be a little less inhibited about being seen to have fun. Start jumping on and off walls, and playing about on exercise balls, I'm sure we'd benefit. In fact, I'm off to hijack my local playground right now!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Playing is so much more fun than the dreaded "exercise." Thanks for making that great point!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Doing pretty well. Overall, I'm definitely happy with my weekend eating.

B - larger bowl of cereal with milk
L - taco salad (1/2 of a restaurant bought one) with tortilla chips, last of the mint meltaways
S - 2 bite chocolate dipped macaroon
D - about a dozen wheat thins, about an ounce of mozzarella cheese, about an ounce of salami, 6ish black olives, bunch of cherries, AND... a stuffed eight ball squash (this very cute and small variety that's about the size of a billiard ball) that I grew myself -- this is the first edible thing other than an herb that I've ever grown. I'm a tad overly excited about it. :)
S (planned) - small made at home chocolate sundae, probably including a cookie
S (EDITED TO ADD) - small piece of homemade bread fresh from the oven, with butter

No real exercise, but did end up walking slowly for about 45 minutes.

Julie
Last edited by thtrchic on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 am

Monday, SUCCESS! Although my dinner has not left me feeling full. Hopefully my body will use this opportunity to burn some fat. :)

B- small bowl of cereal with milk
L - salami sandwich on homemade roll, grapes
D - salad of mixed greens, carrots, olives, mozzarella cheese, and a little fried chicken breast, piece of homemade bread with butter, cherries

Took a short (15ish minutes) walk around lunchtime, but no real exericse yet. I guess I have to do something tonight, although my head is really just swirling with excuses. We'll see....

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 am

Tuesday, FAILURE. CRASH AND BURN!

I let emotional eating and PMS win. I was completely aware as I was making the decision and just let it be. Even now, I'm sorting of contemplating candy. Stopping would be much wiser. I'm thinking posting now might help to call it a day.

B - greek yogurt with banana, walnuts, and touch of honey
L - homemade bread with cream cheese and homemade jam, chips, grapes
"D" - pint (yes, the entire thing and I inhaled it in about 2 minutes) of ben and jerry's mint cookie ice cream (my favorite, and at the perfect softness level -- at least I really enjoyed it), goldfish crackers and pretzel mix (which I didn't enjoy that much and therefore managed to stop fairly quickly)

It was a very trying afternoon at work and I gave in to the stress with the ice cream solution. Obviously not ideal. I feel confident that this won't spill into tomorrow so that's definitely good. Habit is so, so, so much stronger. Some time incredibly soon I need to stop with these red days, if I'm ever going to actually lose weight, though.

Julie

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am

Hugs to you. Today is a new day.
Lisa, mom to 7

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate it.

I am feeling pretty down about my lack of control right now. I've consistently been having several red days a month. The "failure" part is usually limited to a small part of the day and I usually bounce back quickly, which is a major improvement from a year ago, but its surely a big part of why I'm not actually losing weight. And I felt like I was actually finally about to make it happen so feel very disappointed in myself right now.

Julie

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it :( *hugs* I'm not sure it helps but you're definitely not alone, I always struggle with failures and have them pretty regularly!!

What's the 'it' that you are hoping to happen?

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

That's an excellent question. Funny that I said it and then had to think about it to answer. I guess the "click" of really staying on track, eating well, exercising some, and then consequently losing weight.

And, thanks. :)

julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:46 am

SUCCESS Today! It was hard this afternoon, but I just kept saying no to myself.

B - cereal with milk
L (out, with a friend) - piece of pizza with spinach from the "fancy" italian cafe/bakery
D - greek yogurt with walnuts, banana, and touch of honey, piece of buttered oatnut toast

Julie

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:43 am

Hi! Just popped in to say sorry to hear you're feeling down at the moment... I can indeed emphathize since i have been feeling this way myself recently with my food choices and also my lack of weight loss. However, its always great to come on the No S Board whenever i feel myself wavering since I feel you get lots of support and not to mention inspiration from reading others' posts and experiences.

Here's to another great no S day, take it one day at a time - WE can do this!!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:46 pm

thtrchic wrote:That's an excellent question. Funny that I said it and then had to think about it to answer. I guess the "click" of really staying on track, eating well, exercising some, and then consequently losing weight.

And, thanks. :)

julie
For me, that "click" comes and goes... there are times when I'm on top of everything in my corner of the world, and times when I seem to forget all the good advice that I already know.

Grammy G offered a quote from the Four Agreements (a book) that resonated with this: "Always do your best. No less... and no more." The book goes on to explain that "our best" will vary from day to day, season to season. We can only demand the "top of our game" best when we ARE at the top of our game! When we're not, we still do our best - but acknowledge that it's a different best, and be kind to ourselves about it instead of beating ourselves up.

When it's "not clicking" for me, I go back to basics, and accept them as okay. 14 minutes of exercise. Vanilla No-S, even if what's on my plate is not the ideal. And I give myself a pat on the back for that level.

One day I realized that my energy levels fluctuated a good bit, and I was setting my goals when I was at 120% and then beating myself up when I couldn't reach them when I was at 80% energy. When I stopped doing that at set more realistic goals - and quit using up what energy I had to berate myself! - life got a lot better.

Not trying to hijack - I hope there's something here you can use. Take care.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Not hijacking at all, KCCC. I really appreciate you stopping by and sharing all of that. It's really helpful to hear. Definitely good thoughts. It's also helpful just to hear from you guys -- the support really does make a difference.

I will definitely keep in mind the idea of "my best" not being the same everyday.

I feel like yesterday was my best for yesterday. I did end up spending some time with the exercise ball last night. I was fairly random about it -- kind of playing as was suggested. I didn't really know what else to do. Also, I think it actually needs a little more air so I'll add that tonight, or at the latest this weekend.

Off to turn today into another successful one.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

Thursday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk
L - (out, with my boss) virgin pad thai with shrimp and tofu, small side of asian slaw (vinegar, not mayo based)
D - chopped up apple with mozzarella, cherries, homemade roll with butter

Took a nice after dinner walk. About 35 minutes. Not super fast, but on a bunch of fairly hilly streets so did push myself some. Planning a short upper body weights session still.

Julie

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 am

Awesome day :D
Last edited by Joyofsix on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa, mom to 7

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Hope you've recovered and are finishing the week green. Don't punish yourself this weekend!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:11 am

Thanks so much for checking in! I am feeling much better and just finished the week strong. I went to see Harry Potter tonight and really wanted to have some candy with my movie watching, and almost convinced myself it was a special day. After all it IS the last Harry Potter. :) But, of course, that would have just been an excuse. I had to keep going round and round with myself, but I held out knowing I'd be happier reaching for my goals than eating candy. I'm pretty sure I was right.

B - large cereal with milk
L - salami on the last of the homemade bread, chips, apple
D - (out with a friend before we saw the movie) smallest size fuddrucker's cheeseburger and fries (and diet coke)

Fairly short walk, but at least something.

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 pm

That desire to use food to celebrate is very strong, but it's a very transient pleasure. The movie IS the celebration! I've heard it is pretty darn good.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 am

It's actually kind of amazing how strong that desire is. And it's everywhere. Sometimes for good, but often just clouding the waters.

Anyway, Saturday, S-DAY. Pretty good.

B- greek yogurt with walnuts, banana, honey
S - few sample bites walking through the farmers market
L - whole wheat spaghetti with sauteed mushrooms, olive oil, grated romano, 2 chocolate chip cookies
D - 1/2 frozen thin cheese pizza with olives, strawberries
S - hershey bar with fresh, homemade cashew butter (this was so yummy!)

Walked about an hour, although not very fast. To the grocery store, around the store and farmers market, and back. Back, of course, carrying groceries.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:56 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Okay.

L - homemade banana pancakes and fresh chicken sausage with maple syrup
S - rum coconut sweet potato pie (from yesterday's farmers market)
"D"- several cold appetizer-y things at a theatre donor event
S - cookies and cream milkshake

Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm

That pie sounds like you should need a prescription for it. Are you sure it's legal?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:46 am

It might not have been legal. It was really good....

Today, Monday, SUCCESS.

B - small cereal with milk
L - leftover whole wheat spaghetti with mushrooms, peach
D - 2 small corn tortillas with homemade cashew butter (which is pretty much the best thing ever) and homemade strawberry jam, pretzels, plum

I also had about 1/2 a glass worth of wine this afternoon during a tasting I was doing with a potential new wine distributor for the theatre.

No exercise yet, but planning half an hour of resistance work in just a bit. Of course, I don't feel like doing it, but will anyway.

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 am

I have to ask. What's virgin pad thai? A virgin Mary is a bloody Mary with no booze. Confuzled.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 am

It's made with olive oil and lemon juice rather than the heavier traditional pad thai sauce. They have it at Gecko Gecko and it's really quite tasty.

julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:28 am

Hmmm... Sounds good. As long as I can giggle about pad Thai drenched in scotch...

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 am

Definitely giggle away. :)

Today, Tuesday, SUCCESS.

B - medium cereal with milk
L - homemade hummus with 1 pita sized flatbread and carrots, potato chips, peach
D - leftover thin frozen pizza, 3 small dates

A lot of running around at work today, but no exercise yet. I guess I'll get something in tonight.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS.

L - small corn tortilla with homemade cashew butter and banana, potato chips
D - mixed greens salad with carrots, olives, goat cheese, and catalina dressing, breaded baked shrimp (like fried, but not actually fried)

No exericse yet, but I guess I'll do something still tonight.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am

Thursday, SUCCESS.

B - oatmeal with pecans and bit of butter and brown sugar
L - (out, at a meeting) turkey sandwich with bacon, mayo, and greens
D - homemade hummus with wheat thins and raw green beans (from my garden!), black olives, few pieces of salami (to help me be excited about the meal), cut up mix of plum and peach

I've somehow moved in some weird way this afternoon and caused my neck/shoulder to be in pain. I'm really not sure what I did, but it definitely hurts. I'm going to give myself the day off of exercise to hopefully let it heal.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 am

Friday, SUCCESS! 100% green week. And I've lost weight each week this month -- so far so good!

L (out, with a friend) - this thing that was basically a cross between a quesadilla and a burrito, with chicken and guacamole, and about 7 freshly made tortilla chips
D (out, on a date) - sushi, mostly sashimi, a little nigiri, 1/2 maki roll, slice of pineapple, slice of orange

Got all my walking in urban ranger style.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Way to go! Green week and some exercise!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks! :)

Saturday, S-DAY, Solid, with a sweet. Although no fruit or veggies, which is unfortunate, but ok.

B - oatmeal with pecans plus bit of sugar, butter, milk
L - boca chick'n on thin bun with mayo, chips
D - 2/3 of a large, but thin sausage frozen pizza, scoop of dreyer's butterfinger ice cream

No real exercise today, but I did get some walking in with errand running and shopping, plus walking to and from the farmers market. Fine for an off day.

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:15 am

Sounds like you're doing well! And hurray for garden veggies!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Sunday, S-DAY. Not too bad.

B - small cherry tart from Saturday's farmers market, cup of sweet and very milky coffee
L - nice cheese, dry salami, olives, wheat thins, few doritos, plum
D - (out, with a friend) 1/2 a large chicken club sandwich, fries with ketchup
S - (at a theatre event) cup of punch, few sips of bourbon, small slice of ice cream cake (cake said to feed 12 cut to feed 30+), 1/2 well frosted cupcake

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 am

I ended up suddenly feeling really sick midday and heading home from work. With that I've ended up taking a sick day. I've done the best I can do for today, which isn't the same as the best I can do many other days. I really, really want to eat cookies and have not done that so feel successful.

L - the rest of the chicken club with chips

And then I got sick. In fact, I never even got around to my plum, which is sitting on my desk at work. I started out feeling nauseous and did sip ginger ale throughout the afternoon. It then progressed to me feeling dizzy, lightheaded, achy and really tired, but my stomach seems pretty much ok. I'm not really sure what's up. But I ended up eating another serving of chips and a granola bar for dinner. I just couldn't muster the energy to put anything real together.

I'm feeling a little better now - at least lifting my head doesn't seem so hard -- but still don't feel very well. Hopefully this sleeps off overnight.

Julie

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:11 am

Hope you feel better soon, sending lots of healthy thoughts your way.....

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:57 am

Hope this morning finds you feeling much better.
Lisa, mom to 7

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh, I so hope you are feeling better. I have been feeling a little icky myself. Get some rest!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I'm still not great, but getting better. I decided there was no reason I couldn't eat on plan today -- albeit not the healthiest set of meals ever. At least dinner included some fruit and (a small amount of) veggies.

I'm struggling more with not eating sweets than usual yesterday and today -- I think a combination of my resistance being down and my habit being built around snacks and sweets usually being allowed when I'm home since those days are usually weekends and holidays. But I know - and am reminding myself -- that chocolate is not needed for me to get well so it is not part of what I eat today.

B - malt-o-meal with a touch of sugar
L - about an ounce each of nice cheese, dry salami, wheat thins, doritos plus about 1/2 ounce of cashews and few black olives
D - quesadilla type thing: 2 small corn tortillas with mozzarella, goat cheese, mushrooms, olives heated between them, plus more doritos (see, not very healthy), sliced strawberries, 3 dates

Taking another sick day on exercise.

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 am

I hope you're feeling better, soon!

(I tried that virgin pad thai...very tasty!)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am

I am definitely feeling better today and glad for it. And today, Wednesday, was a SUCCESS.

L - pita sized piece of flatbread with cream cheese and avocado, sliced strawberries
D - (at a meeting at donor's house) almonds, olives, salami, crackers, nectarine, small glass of white wine

No exercise yet today, but will do at least some weights still tonight. I'll try and do a little cardio too -- probably 10-15 minutes, but that'd be a good start.

Julie

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 am

Congratulations on the success, following being sick, although wow they seem they small meals. Good luck with getting back to exercise, I know I for one am in a real rut at the moment, my gym was closed for a few weeks and now its reopened I just can't seem to motivate myself to make the time, and I was really regular for months. oh well, I'm going on holiday next week, maybe that will blow the cobwebs away enough to get me back in the swing again. Anyway good luck and glad you're feeling better.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:07 am

Thanks! Sadly I didn't do any exercise last night. I did take a fast paced 20 minute walk this afternoon and will do some weights in a bit.

Today's been a SUCCESS.

B- medium cereal with milk
L- flatbread with cream cheese and avocado, fresh real tater tots (from fresh potatoes not a bag), strawberries
D- broiled salmon, olives, cut up peach and plum

Julie

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Good Job
Lisa, mom to 7

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 am

Had a good S-Day. Ate pretty close to a "regular" day with a small(ish) treat included with my lunch. And I'm feeling good at the end of it. I also had a third date with a guy I'm really liking, so feeling good on that front too.

L - salami on olive bread, doritos, cherries, 1/2 sport ritter milk chocolate and biscuit bar
D - (out on that date) thai at a restaurants -- servings of beef pad kee mao and chicken pumpkin curry with brown rice, served in small amounts, but perfectly reasonable amount

Walked a decent amount today too, plus was pretty active cleaning my apartment.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:57 pm

SUCCESS PUMPS YOU UP FOR MORE SUCCESS. KEEP IT UP!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

It really does -- thanks!

Another pretty sane S-DAY. With two treats, but neither insane and the day based on 3 meals -- and actually included some fruit. :)

B - large cereal with 1/2 banana and milk
L - chipotle chicken burrito bowl with chips
S - small homemade brownie fresh from the oven (because it's so wonderful that way and I wanted to take advantage of it :) )
D - 2 smallish pieces fresh sourdough bread with butter, 1/2 banana, cherries, another brownie

No exercise today (although I did do laundry and shopping so got at least a little movement in).

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about my July progress. I had the one food fail day, which felt huge at the time, but in retrospect was kept to one part of the day and didn't run into a second fail day following it -- so not SO BAD really. I also had a couple NWS days and some bigger weekends, but also a lot more very in control weekends. And I did a little better with my goal of eating healthy more than not. I'll keep working on all of that in August -- and I will really push myself to get more regular exercise in. I know I can do better with that, and I know that I can have another month I can feel generally good about food-wise.

And I lost 3 pounds and half an inch -- so definitely going in the right direction. Now I just need to keep the trend going for a second month in a row and I'll get past this block I keep hitting. I really know that habits are getting stronger and stronger and that I can be healthier and push past that annoying point. And then eventually even lower. :)

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 am

On second thought, I'm really not that hungry after the non-brownie portion of my dinner and don't need the second brownie of the day so I'm going to wrap it and put it in the freezer for next week. I think the only reason I was going to eat it is the "I better get it in while it's Sunday" mentality -- and I don't need to do that. There'll be other Sundays. :)

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 am

Awsome!!!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Monday, SUCCESS. My lunch wasn't really sufficiently filling and I was hungry again pretty early. I just ate dinner at 5pm. :)

L - smallish serving of homemade salmon salad on thin cut rye bread, leftover tortilla chips, peach
D - leftover thai food with some supplemental white rice, cherries

I just got a simple (aka cheap) stationary bike for my apartment. I WILL be using it tonight. Depending upon how hard it is and how long I can persist, I might also do some weights.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS! Kind of bereft of fruits and veggies, but vanilla success nonetheless.

There was an event at the theatre tonight, and although I did have to remind myself several times that it wasn't ok to eat sweets (even a little) it wasn't that hard to just stick to it.

L - 2 smallish slices bread with butter and homemade jam (the original plan had been cheese, but when I went to make it I discovered the cheese was moldy), chips, cut up peach and plum
D - (at the theatre event) 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and a bit of lox, chips with dip (yikes -- chips twice in one day, scary thing is I didn't realize it until writing it now), lots of olives, 2 crackers with goat cheese

No exercise today, although I did walk around the theatre quite a bit. But I've worked 12 hours and worked pretty hard throughout so I'm going to let it go and make it up over the weekend.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 am

I've been a food mess the last two days and I feel gross and fat for it now. Blech. So shortsighted of me. Tomorrow will be hard since it's Friday and I have movie going plans (which still always signals "eat snacks" to me), but I also know how much better I'll feel to eat healthy so will plan on that.

Blech again. I guess I'll record food for the record and future reference.

Yesterday:
B - cereal with milk
L - oatmeal with walnuts and brown sugar, banana (had also planned a piece of toast, but ate it beyond edibility)
S - (I so hate to admit this) 2 (yes, two) snickers bars
D - (out, on a date) large piece of very thin "fancy" pizza, 1/2 pint beer

I did get a good 30 minute walk in.

Today:
B - cereal with milk
L - (eaten at 11:15 when I was feeling so hungry) 2 smaller pieces of leftover pizza from last night, blueberry muffin (this was crazy impulse addition to my lunch)
S - 2 mini cupcakes (at a work thing -- there was absolutely no reason to eat them, though)
D (eaten in 2 parts, sandwich first and then the rest 2 hours later) olive farcito with proscuitto, doritos, cherries

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Technical success yesterday, but not a day I'm thrilled with. But I'll call it green, be happy, and do even better with choices today and next week and beyond.

B - cereal with milk
L - small salami on rye sandwich, cashew lara bar, raspberries
D - (out, with a friend) fuddruckers cheeseburger on bun and fries

Not adding snacks or sweets was a challenge so not giving in to those cravings was definitely a success. And I'm glad to have at least done this well -- I know it's the path back to eating and feeling better.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:09 am

Fine S DAY.

B - cereal with milk
L - (out, at the farmers market with this guy it seems I'm now dating) really nice "homemade" salami sandwich on fresh bread with really nice, fresh greens
S - bite of carrot scone, 2 small bites of chocolate as samples at tcho factory
D - macaroni and cheese, several bites of pulled pork, chocolate pudding parfait from whole foods (which I realized was too sweet and too much, even though I used to love it -- not something I plan to buy again and got rid of most of the whipped cream on it this time)

Lots of walking today. I'm worn out, but feeling a step better than yesterday. I also planned meal for the week and got groceries so I'm ready for it.

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:04 am

Sounds like a great day!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 am

Another good day.

B - cereal with milk and sliced banana
L - grilled cheese (nice, irish cheddar on whole grain seed-y bread), handful doritos, few olives
S - 1/2 ritter sport bar
D (with my book group, at my house, eaten over time) few bites of cheese and crackers, olives, small piece bread, baked eggplant parm (meaning the eggplant was never fried), green salad, angel food cake with sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream, glass of wine, half glass of beer

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:24 am

Monday, SUCCESS! Not the healthiest eating ever, but in reasonable portions. And I included a real exercise session, which has left me feeling really good.

B - cereal with milk
L - cheddar and avocado on sourdough, small handful of almonds, raspberries
D - (out) dressed mixed greens salad with pecans, two large spoonfuls of macaroni and cheese, two large spoonfuls of roasted, caramelized brussel sprouts (my first brussel sprouts and they were AMAZING!), 2 large fried oysters

40 minute slightly slow walk, 10 minutes pushing myself hard on the exercise bike (sadly, it didn't take too much to push hard -- I'm looking forward to building that up), 15 minutes upper body weights

Julie