Thtrchic's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:52 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS. Although my lunch was kind of random and not so healthy.

B - cereal with milk and 1/2 banana
L - 2 leftover mini salami sandwiches (put together looked like 1/2 regular sandwich), chips, trail mix, several crackers
D - 2 small slices leftover mushroom and olive pizza, apple

Taking the day off of exercise, but still planning on hitting my goals for the week. My hip is really hurting me. I'm still trying to decide if I'm better off generally pushing through and just trying to get it stronger or to take a couple weeks off so it might heal and then be fine after that.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:24 pm

I sympathize with the hip injury. I am still being careful not to aggravate a shin injury. Right after the pain started, I did about 6 days of only moderate walking with some days completely off and then I started running again. However, I tried to stay on asphalt more at first rather than cement, and I limited myself. I am now making sure that I give myself regular days off from running to prevent a flare up again. I also used plenty of ice and ibuprofen while healing but no longer need that. Good luck with whatever works for you.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 am

Thursday, SUCCESS.

B - greek yogurt with sliced banana, grape nuts, honey
L - smallish bagel with cream cheese and avocado, pop chips, raisins
D - homemade mushroomy cream of mushroom soup, few stoneground wheat crackers, 2 dates

Haven't done any exericse yet, but will do upper body work. I'm going to take a little time off lower body stuff to let my hip get some healing time.

Julie

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Ouch...I hope your hip feels better soon...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Did you feel those earthquakes? We had shows running during both of them.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah, they were the first I've ever actually felt. Startled me for sure. We only had a show for the evening one -- seems we got through it ok. I hear your cast was able to just ignore it and keep going right through it at your 8pm. I guess they rehearse with it once in the afternoon and then are set. :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Yesterday, Friday, was technically a failure for me, but it was pretty minor and I actually feel really good about how I handled the day. I broke up with the guy I've been dating the last few months in the morning and had a dinner with friends in the evening, which are both things that would generally lead me to a lot of overeating and eating of sweets. I really kept it pretty in check, though.

B - cereal with milk
L - (weird combo of things, but technically ok) samosa, wheat thins, trail mix
S - more trail mix
D - (out with friends, not all one on plate as we were all sharing things, but quantity wasn't too bad at all) bread with butter, very thin pizza with sopresseta and over easy egg (so good!), sauteed brussel sprouts, padron peppers with parmesan, several bites macaroni and cheese, glass and a half of wine

I abstained from even trying the dessert at dinner despite it smelling quite good (I was entirely full and knew there'd be good dessert again).

I also got some decent walking in.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:44 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Decent.

B - 2 pieces rye toast with butter and cream cheese, banana
L - bakesale betty's (a local baker/restaurant) chicken sandwich, chocolate chip cookie
D - homemade strawberry smoothie made with greek yogurt
S - movie popcorn

Did a decent amount of walking urban ranger style today. Will do some weights shortly and finish my week off right. Tomorrow I get the day totally off exercise.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Your hip must be feeling better? Great job on the exercise!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 pm

It's definitely feeling much better, but I also do still feel the twinge there so am staying off jogging a while longer. I'll try again to add that in once I really don't feel it hurting at all hoping that that means it's actually healed. Thanks for asking!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Monday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk
L - turkey sandwich, potato chips
D - red lentil enchiladas, tortilla chips, dates

Was at a conference for most of the day, but in the afternoon also got a nice walk in complete with some hills.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk
L - leftover lentil enchiladas, tortilla chips, dates
D - small ham sandwich and small serving of potato chips

Planned to have an apple with dinner, but never got around to it (I was at work still).

Did upper body weights just now.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS. Although I did have two bites of ice cream tonight, but keeping it at that level was a major feat and I really think a success.

B - cereal with milk and sliced banana
L - (out, with my boss) most of a serving of virgin pad thai, raisins (when I got back)
D - (out with my friend and her parents) shared servings of spring rolls, chicken curry with rice, shrimp stuffed eggplant, veggie and seafood claypot, pork ribs

We all then went to a local, popular ice cream place (fenton's, for anyone who might care). They all had ice cream, I withstood the temptation and high pressure and went with just bites of each to taste instead of my own. I know technically it's a no-s failure, but I really feel this is a significant success.

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I think thats a success.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks. It's always so much better to have outside confirmation. :)

Thursday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk and sliced banana
L - (out, took out a staff member to celebrate the completion of a major annual project) - piece of bread with olive oil, two somewhat large and fluffy pieces of really good pizza -- one with meat and one with eggplant
D - small apple, four dates

Walked about 45 minutes. Planning to do weights tonight still too.

Tomorrow I head out for a long weekend vacation. I'll be taking tomorrow as an S day as part of that. I won't be taking Monday, though, despite it being Halloween. I'm not going to a party or anything so despite the fact that I'll surely feel like eating candy I will not. And after three days of what will surely be extra indulgent eating I think I'll really feel much better not anyway.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm back in town after a nice trip to Oregon. I did take Friday as a NWS day, but was pretty contained. I had three appropriate meals, but also two pieces of halloween candy with my lunch. That was the only non-vanilla-ness in the day.

I had a bunch more on Saturday and Sunday, although still, I'm sure, less than I would have in the past. I had kind of a lot (I can't exactly remember, but about 6-7 fun size bars) of halloween candy Saturday and I believe three yesterday. I also had movie popcorn on Saturday. Yesterday was hot chocolate and a large handful of animal crackers in addition to the candy. I did actually only have two meals, though.

I walked quite a lot on Friday and Saturday and some yesterday. Overall, I guess not too bad.

In other news my mom is back in the ICU and not doing that well. She's conscious and not intubated, but very, very weak and her lungs are in bad shape. I'm not heading back there anytime soon, but am pretty distracted by it all. I'm also having to actively remind myself that snacks and sweets aren't going to make anything better and, in fact, being healthier actually will help me be strong.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Oh, and my official weigh-in for the month has me down half a pound. Not much, but better than nothing. Measurements remain the same. I'm not totally thrilled, but am glad to at least be going slightly in the right direction. Bit by bit, I guess. :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am

Well, things continue to get worse with my mom and I just couldn't (can't) make myself care about what I ate. I would really have preferred soup and oatmeal, but couldn't muster the energy to make it so went with ice cream. Honestly, if someone was here to make me soup or somehow some just magically appeared I really would have gone that route, but since neither was really possible I did what I did. Luckily I didn't have any halloween candy in the house or I probably would have eaten all of that too and continued to not care (for tonight at least).

Hopefully things will be better on all fronts tomorrow.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I've really been struggling the last couple of days. With everything really so I guess it's no surprise that in that case eating has been a mess. So many excuses: stress and sadness over my mom being sick, tiredness related to that, PMS, Halloween.... I want to stop giving into it, though. And I am: now. I'm struggling this afternoon, but so far more or less making it through. I had trail mix and pizza for lunch, which is kind of ridiculous, but is vanilla so ok for now. Baby steps.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:00 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS. Phew. And my mom is now breathing on her own again. Even bigger phew.

B - cereal with milk
L - 2 slices leftover thin pizza with meat and veggies, large handful trail mix
D - last of the lentil enchiladas and tortilla chips, 3 small dates

30 minutes of weights/resistance work. Felt very good.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 am

Thursday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk and banana
L - small bagel with cream cheese, potato chips, apple
D - homemade mac & cheese made with acorn squash and spinach (spinach and basil from my garden!), dates

Exercise: exercise bike and a little ab/core resistance work.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:08 am

Friday, SUCCESS. As much as I've wanted a snack the last few days, it feels so much better to be back in control.

B - hot grape nuts
L - squash and spinach mac & cheese, dried apple
D - cheese, crackers, apple, dates, roasted squash seeds (from last night's squash)

Taking the day off of exercise.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 am

Saturday, S-DAY. I really wanted to just eat and eat today, but it's clearly mostly emotional so I worked to keep it, at least reasonably, in check. I had distinct meals, included some veggies, and got nice treats that would definitely be worth it.

B - oatmeal with milk and sugar, 2 pieces buttered rye toast
L - another serving of the mac & cheese with the veggies, carrots from my garden, olives
S - napoleon from the bakery at the local grocery store
D - 1/2 of an 8" homemade pizza (cornmeal crust, ricotta, prosciutto, olives -- very tasty!)
S - cup of hot chocolate made with milk and really amazing chocolate

I'd sort of planned to take a nice walk today, but never got around to it -- and now it's raining -- so I guess I won't.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:18 am

Food meltdown tonight and I feel disgusting right now. I kept having unsatisfying things. I should have gotten or put together something actually really good so at least I could enjoy what I was doing. I kept thinking I was having a small snack and then would have dinner, but three snacks later I feel gross and didn't have any real food. Blech.

Back to a world of real food and no snacks tomorrow, which, at this point, I'm looking forward to. I'm annoyed to be back to that, but it's probably just this one bad day. I hope so, anyway.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 am

Monday, SUCCESS. Kind of weird meals, though.

B - small serving of leftover oatmeal, 2 slices rye toast with butter and homemade jam
L - cheese sandwich, potato chips, pear
D - last of the mac and cheese, small biscuit with lemon curd, 1/2 cup cranberry juice (all juice kind)

Of course I don't want to, but I guess I'll do some exercise shortly.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS.

L - salami on rye with mustard, potato chips, raisins
D - 2/3 of a very large baked potato with butter and sour cream, olives

I have an apple in reserve from my dinner that I haven't eaten yet. I'm not sure that I will.

I didn't manage to do any exercise last night. Tonight's not looking great either. It's been such a long day and I'm exhausted. I think I have to just make myself do it in the morning before the day gets away from me. I never, ever, ever want to then, but I think that's the key to success.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 am

Okay, I was good after all and did my exercise. 30+ minutes total: exercise bike and upper body weights. And, yes, I feel better for it.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 pm

You are just so inspiring. You rock it out every.single.day!!!! Keep it up.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Wow, thank you. That's really nice to hear.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Wednesday, SUCCESS. I wasn't feeling too well, though, so didn't really exercise and allowed a weird lunch substitution. I'm still not feeling so well. I wish I didn't have to go to work, but think I really do.

B - hot grape nuts
L - lara bar (instead of the sandwich I had brought), chips, dates
D - large serving of oatmeal with a few nuts (brought strawberries with me too, but never ate them)

Took a short afternoon walk, which truly was the best I could do yesterday.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 am

Thursday, SUCCESS. Still feeling pretty lousy and am, therefore, taking the day off of exercise.

B - cereal with milk
L (out, with a friend) hunan chicken with white rice, cup of brothy soup, little green salad with dressing, 2 slices orange
D - small bowl of cereal (somehow cereal is my go-to when I'm sick, mostly because it's easy I think)

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 am

Friday, SUCCESS.

B - hot grape nuts
L - gruyere cheese, salami, olives, salted nuts, wheat thins, dried apple
D - smallish serving of take out chicken chow mein, a few bite size and fried miscellaneous chinese appetizers

In the midst of a 13 hour work day so no real exercise today. I'll definitely get some in tomorrow. I think I need to go back to a "any 5 days" system rather than M-F system for this because of conflicts like this.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:59 am

I did fine over the weekend. Sweets and snacks were included, but so were real meals and a pretty good amount of activity.

Today, Monday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk
L - (out, with a board member) small nicoise salad with bread and a bit of butter
D - homemade spinach and cheese enchiladas, corn chips

Walked 20 minutes this afternoon and will do upper body weight/resistance work in a little while.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS. Somewhat preemptively, but I think it'll be fine.

B - cereal with milk
L - leftover enchiladas, corn chips
D - (in process, at the theatre through the show tonight) oatmeal with pecans, butter, and a little brown sugar, banana

I still have my plum leftover from lunch. If I really want it tonight, I'll allow it, but I'm guessing just the oatmeal and banana will be plenty.

Took a 30 minute somewhat hilly walk this morning.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:42 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk (shocking, isn't it?)
L - last of the enchiladas and corn chips, plum
D - homemade "fried rice" (sort of, cobbled together simulation) with egg and veggies (carrots and mustard greens from my garden!, and peas from the farmers market), homemade applesauce (my apartment smells cinnamon-y good right now)

No exercise yet, but will do 35-40 minutes total of pushing-myself-exercise bike and upper body work.

Tomorrow is opening night at the theatre so I'm calling it a NWS day. I think I have a solid enough plan in place for Friday to help mitigate the tired mess up that keeps happening -- it involves buying less than healthy, but vanilla No-S approved lunch. :) I do plan to walk in the morning before work as well.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:03 am

Yesterday ended up being out of control and I'm calling it a Failure rather than NWS. NWS would have been much more contained. I did do my exercise in the morning, at least.

Today was technically a failure, but a successful one. I'm proud of myself for not running the car off the cliff after denting it. I had two pieces of chocolate from a box of See's candies this afternoon and very nearly just chucked the day and had an ice cream sundae for dessert, but I realized how silly that would be and how disappointed in myself I'd be and cut myself off.

B - cereal with milk
L - (not a healthy one, but coulda been a lot worse, and fit on a plate) bagel with cream cheese, 2 mini salami sandwiches, raisins
S - 2 bite size pieces of chocolate
D - last of the fried rice

Off for the day on exercise.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Not so great, not totally awful. It's been a rough day emotionally dealing more with my mom being sick.

B - cereal with milk
L - egg and cheese sandwich on buttered rye, freshly made potato chips
S - several mini chocolate eggs with peanut butter, few bites of a brownie
"D" - air popped popcorn with garlic olive oil, sprite
S - several large gum drops

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Ok.

B - cereal with milk
S - little bit of cornbread out of the oven
L - (out, with a friend) 1/2-2/3 of a chipotle chicken and brown rice burrito bowl with chips
S - the rest of the brownie from yesterday
D - mini hot dogs in pastry puffs, few olives, two dates, green salad with dressing
S - end of the night cup of good hot chocolate (1% milk and dagoba spicy drinking chocolate)

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Wow! You are really hanging in there. You are so faithful with your food journal, and it looks like the exercise is going well! It is good to see familiar posts as I return from vacation and start my first N day in over 2 weeks.
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks, Jean. That's so helpful to hear! I'm definitely trying.

Somehow I'm sick AGAIN, though. I don't know why I can't stay healthy. Blech. I've still put in a SUCCESS for the day No-S-wise, but need to take the day off of exercise. I just can't do it today. I did even leave work a few hours early.

B - hot grape nuts
L - small serving of homemade tuna salad with ritz crackers, nice potato chips, fresh squeezed juice from one orange (because that's all I had)
D - cream of mushroom soup (campbells, from a can, so grateful to have this available tonight when I feel so lousy), dinner roll with butter

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 am

I'm still sick. Worse today than yesterday, sadly. I stayed home from work. But did still keep to No-S rules. Another day off of exercise, though.

B - malt-o-meal, 12 oz orange juice
L - small frozen flatbread pizza (~300 cals total for sense of size), 12 oz orange juice
D - 1/2 baked potato with butter and a little greek yogurt, large handful of walnuts, 6 oz orange juice

I so hope I'm feeling better tomorrow....
Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:40 am

Still sick, but better than yesterday. I'm really hoping I'll be even better for tomorrow.

Another SUCCESS today, but another sick day for exercise. Truly, I can't do it.

B - hot grape nuts, 12 oz. orange juice
L - (out, with colleagues) virgin pad thai
D - last tiny bit of soup, the other half of the potato, olives, 2 dates, 6 oz orange juice

Of course, tomorrow will be an S Day.

Julie

determined

Post by determined » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:23 pm

I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for such great friends who have been so supportive in this NoS journey. I'm convinced I would have given up by now without the encouragement I've received here. Thanks for all your kind words...they've meant more than I can express.

I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:08 am

Thanks, Janie. I really appreciate that. I agree -- the support here is fantastic and all your well wishes have truly helped me.

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, NWS Day. Did fine. Had normal breakfast and lunch, an afternoon snack of really nice cheese and crackers, a few olives, a few m&ms and wine, and then a very full plate at dinner followed by dessert.

Today, Friday, SUCCESS. It would have been easy to call this one a NWS day too, but I decided against it. Yes, it would have been easily forgotten and forgiven, but would be one more day further from my weight loss goals for no real reason. Big success of the day: resisting popcorn at the movies over the course of 5 hours (two movies)!

B - cereal with milk
L - full plate of leftover chicken, twice baked potato, roasted brussel sprouts, bread and butter, olives
D - milk and cranberry walnut bread (is this a sweet? I don't really know. I'd never, never choose it as a dessert and is only sweetened with fruit juice and real, fresh cranberries so I went with no)

Walked about 20 minutes and will do upper body weights shortly. Not a huge exercise day, but a success nonetheless.

Julie

Okaybear

Post by Okaybear » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 am

Never posted in your check-in before, but I thought I'd say hello!

I've been wondering what I will do if I go to the movies during the week (I work on the weekends, so it will likely be an NoS day the next time I see a flick.) I'm TOTALLY impressed that you refused the popcorn. That is a big weakness for me. Great job!

determined

Post by determined » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Resisting popcorn at the movies is absolutely impressive!!!

Good for you...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi and thanks Okaybear and Janie. I really do find it hard to resist-- especially because the friend I was with did have some and, of course, offered me some. The key for me was deciding firmly well before being there that I wouldn't have any. I knew I'd want it, I knew I'd want to give in and thought of all that along with the fact that I just wouldn't. And I purposefully ate a big and satisfying lunch in advance to help with the actual hunger part.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:49 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Good.

B - cereal with milk (surprising, huh? :) )
L - grilled eggplant, proscuitto, and fresh mozzarella on a roll, potato chips, pickle
S - 2 home baked (by my friend at her house with my very limited assistance) chocolate chip cookies
D - general tso's chicken with white rice, dan dan noodles with chicken

Hiked about 4 miles.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice S day. Good hike!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Okay, but not great. I'd planned one treat, but ended up also having a chocolate chip cookie. Not so awful for sure, but I do regret "giving in" to the extra treat. Oh well, though.

B - hot grape nuts
L - homemade banana pancakes and chicken sausage with maple syrup
S - peppermint ice cream with chocolate syrup and homemade whipped cream
D - salmon patty, twice baked potato, few bites of fruit salad, another of the chocolate chip cookies from yesterday

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:15 am

I so, so want more cookies right now. I'm noting my major victory is not giving in now. :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 am

Monday, SUCCESS.

B - cereal with milk
L - salmon patty on piece of whole wheat bread with mayo, good potato chips, large serving of fruit salad of satsuma orange, apple, grapes
D - small serving of leftover roasted chicken, twice baked potato, olives, small serving of that fruit salad mixed with spoonful of greek yogurt and bit of sugar

20 minutes on the exercise bike (pushing hard) and 20 minutes weights/resistance to come!

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:16 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS. And feeling good!

B - cereal and milk
L - oatmeal with a little butter and sugar, piece of walnut cranberry bread, banana
D - homemade veggie fried rice, 3 dates

Took a 35 minute somewhat hilly walk this morning. Yay for getting exercise done in the morning!

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS! Feeling hungry today and hoping by just eating like normal anyway my body will burn a little fat! :)

B - hot grape nuts
L - leftover veggie fried rice, 2 satsumas
D - (in process) homemade banana strawberry smoothie, piece of wheat toast with homemade cashew butter

Will do 20 minutes on the exercise bike and 20 of resistance/weights later tonight.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Official loss for the month is 1.8 pounds and 1 inch from my hips (the rest remained steady, although honestly I'd say waist and chest also lost about 1/4 inch, which isn't quite measurable, but shows a little movement in the right direction).

I'm happy with this. It's my third month in a row of actually losing and I'm thrilled to have broken the lose a little, gain a little every other month pattern. It also (finally!) broke me into the 150's. I am not going back. December is hard, but I will stay diligent. It'll be another month of vanilla No-S, which means some meals will be not so healthy, but they'll be meals and there won't be snacks or sweets (or seconds, but seconds aren't an issue for me so I don't really think about that part). I've also definitely done better with exercise this month and am keeping on that for December.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Congrats on posting a loss with Thanksgiving just last week. That is great!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Well, I totally melted down yesterday. It started with a legitimate bite of tiramisu at a tasting with a potential caterer that led to me actually having 5 or 6 bites, and then back at the office succumbed to a snickers bar, and then out of total frustration with some work things and the fact that I'd already blown it, 3 bite size candies, and then in further frustration with life and the problems in mine and that I'd already made the failure worse made it even worse with two tollhouse cookies and the last piece of cranberry walnut bread in lieu of dinner. And, of course, at this point I felt totally crappy in every way so did nothing but watch tv and go to sleep early.

I did get up this morning and go out for a good hill-involved walk so met my exercise goal for the week. And I had a good breakfast. And I have a fine lunch with me, but totally want to just forget it and have pizza and chocolate instead. It's hard to push through, but I also know how much better in every way I'll feel if I stick to the plan and eat as I mean to. So I'm posting here rather than hiding to try and help myself do that.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 am

Emotional eating got the best of me. I've decided to just stop worrying about it today as stressing just isn't helping. Today is what it is, I'll have then weekend, and then get my head back on straight Monday. I really do know that I can do that and look forward to the couple of days to just stop thinking and then getting back to it Monday.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 am

Life's challenges just get in the way sometimes don't they? This too will pass! Hang in there!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks, I appreciate it! I felt pretty lousy last night after another day of too much crap and decided to let today be "clean." And, I've succeeded at that -- and feel (in general, but physically for sure) much better.

B - greek yogurt with banana, walnuts, and honey
L - cheddar on whole wheat grilled cheese, good potato chips, mango
D - chicken dijon, crusty dinner roll, dates

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:39 am

Monday, SUCCESS!

B - largish cereal with milk
L - cup of lentil soup, fluffy piece of pita bread and hummus, kumquats
D - spinach enchiladas, tortilla chips

40 minute walk this morning pushing myself a little harder. Felt good to do that.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:49 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS. Slightly staggered eating, but no real problems.

B - cereal with milk
L - 1 small spinach enchilada, chips, kumquats, small biscuit with peanut butter
D - large piece of pita with hummus, almonds

Took a 30 minute walk midday and did 20 minutes upper body weights tonight.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Wednesday, so far, SUCCESS. I'm doing well and posting to report that I will be successful. I'm having dinner out with a co-worker/friend before seeing a show tonight at a yet to be determined restaurant. I'll have one serving of something and no dessert. And after the show I will not eat anything else (this is an opening, which means there'll be food out, but it's not my opening so it is not an exception day for me).

B - grape nuts with milk and sliced banana
L - 2 spinach enchiladas, chips, kumquats
D - TBD one serving at TBD restaurant

Took a 35 minute walk this morning. It was much harder for me today for some reason and I really struggled more than usual with the hills. But I got it done. Yay!

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Wednesday was an official success as was yesterday, Thursday.

For some reason, I'm incredibly tired today. I did 10 minutes on the bike this morning and just couldn't do the rest. I'll do the other half plus weights tonight. And, of course, will eat according to plan today.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am

Friday, SUCCESS. I'm still tired beyond tired and didn't get my exercise done. I truly just couldn't make my body do it, beyond the 8 minutes on the bike I started with this morning and walking around the grocery store. Oh well.

B - cereal with milk
L - chicken, fontina, and arugula panini, chips
D - cereal with milk (yes, I know, ridiculous, but I didn't have any energy to cook, or even really eat so went with super simple)

Julie

determined

Post by determined » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:23 pm

You did great this week! I think the most difficult weeks are the ones after we struggle. You decided you'd get back on track on Monday & you did it....

Well done...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks, Janie. I feel much better for it.

Today was an S-DAY and went well. Had a huge dinner (because it included appetizery stuff and dessert) at a friends, but a very in control rest of the day.

B - oatmeal with bit of sugar, milk, and chopped pecans
L - 2/3 of an 8" pizza, dish of fruit salad (plums, satsumas, apple mixed with a spoonful of slightly sweetened greek yogurt)
D - (dinner party with friends) pre-dinner cheese and crackers, 2 bite size onion tarts, small piece of chicken breast roasted with olives and pancetta, few large spoonfuls of mushroom risotto, 5-6 spears roasted asparagus, glass each of wine and beer, dessert of small slice of homemade apple pie ala mode

No real exercise, but did three loads of laundry, cleaned up the apartment, and took the short (5ish minutes) walk to my friend's place.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Okay. Pizza heavy and with two incidents of sweets. I don't feel awesome about it, but it's not so bad either.

B - banana
L - the remaining 1/3 of yesterday's pizza, dish of fruit salad
S - 2 pieces shortbread fresh from the oven (I was baking to send to my family)
D - 1/2 medium ordered pizza with pepperoni
S - handful assorted mostly chocolate candy, handful assorted chewy, fruit candy

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 am

Monday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - scrambled egg, cheddar cheese, veggie sausage on an english muffin, home fries
D - (cooking now) slightly cobbled together noodle, mushroom, pea, and squash casserole (basically like tuna noodle, but with veggies instead of tuna), fruit TBD

2 mile WATP video with extra weights.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - (out with my staff) 2 small beef sliders, tater tots, "real" ginger ale
D - veggie noodle casserole, plum

Did the 2 mile WATP with extra weights this morning.

I've lived in California for two years now and haven't really made any friends. Basically everyone I know is at work and they just about all work for me so it's an odd dynamic. We're definitely friendly, but not really friends (except for the one I recruited here that I was pre-existing friends with). I'm taking a step to fix that by going to a knitting meetup group tonight. It's held at a local restaurant, but I will not have anything to eat. I'm pledging that now. I'll have tea or slightly milky coffee. I will not use the excuse of trying to make one part of my life better by making another part worse. Okay, now it's official. :)

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS!

B - hot grape nuts
L - veggie noodle casserole, large handful of mixed nuts (there's not really any protein in the noodle casserole), apple
D - 1/2 split fried chicken breast, 1/2 potato worth of mashed potatoes made with butter and greek yogurt, bunch of black olives, last of the dates

Took a short afternoon walk and will do upper body weights in a bit.

Julie

Okaybear

Post by Okaybear » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 am

Your food for today sounds so healthy, balanced, and delicious. Yum!

Good job on the exercise, too. Sounds like a good day!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks, Okaybear!

Yesterday, Thursday, SUCCESS.

B - grape nuts with milk and banana
L - cashew butter and homemade jam on not very tasty wheat bread sandwich, chips, apple
D - (out, at an event at a local museum) smallish lamb gyro with big chunks of cucumber and lettuce, blood orange margarita

WATP 2 mile with extra weights in the morning plus strolling around the museum for a couple hours at night.

I'm (happily!) off for exercise today and have my meals set. Now just need to stick to it.

Julie

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm

How was the knitting meetup? I am just beginning to try to teach myself to knit. Our local independent yarn shop is having lessons starting in January - I may check those out.
Eileen

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 am

It was okay, Eileen, but there was only one other person there so not really ideal. I'm definitely a beginner knitter, but have been enjoying it. You should definitely consider checking out the classes.

Today, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - last of the veggie noodle casserole, small handful of mixed nuts, large handful of raisins
D - the other half of the fried chicken breast and mashed potatoes from the other day, bunch of black olives, cup of 100% juice cran-grape juice

Off on exercise!

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Yesterday, Saturday, S-DAY. Okay. I do realize that my definition of okay has changed, which is great. By old standards this would have been good or even very good. Now it's a perfectly solid okay. :)

L - leftover pizza from last week's ordering (frozen from then til I heated it yesterday), frozen pomegranate juice bar
S - several bites chocolate candy
S - 10 melba rounds
D - (out with a friend) 2 grilled fish tacos, chips with guacamole
S - shared square of chocolate cake

Took a fairly leisurely hour long walk.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Yesterday, Sunday, S-DAY. Okay again, but most definitely not good.

B - cereal with milk (I really debated having chocolate chip pancakes, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it when I knew I'd be having other treats in the day too)
L - potato and rice soup with a little italian sausage (I grabbed the recipe from a board here, but slightly modified it including using less liquid so it was more stew like)
S - ice cream cookie sandwich (one of my favorite things)
S - tortilla chips (I'd originally planned cheese and crackers as a pre-theatre snack, but then discovered the cheese was moldy; I'm not too proud of this as an alternative)
D - (kinda sorta, at a theatre event) a number of pita triangles with hummus, few bites sausage, few olives, handful of "chex mix," chocolate chip cookie

I did get up today and do my exercise for the day -- yay! This afternoon/early evening I have a holiday party, but I will not be eating anything there. It's at work and I'll be in and out of the room anyway, so will eat my dinner in the midst of this, but will not partake in the goodies. I'm declaring it now to be accountable.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

So, yesterday was a qualified success. I did not eat anything at the "party," but then got caught up in an IT disaster which precluded the eating of dinner. I did eat my raisins that were to go with dinner and then around 8pm split an oatmeal cookie with my IT consultant (who, of course, also hadn't had dinner), and ended the night with a handful of walnuts since I was (understandably) quite hungry. And I feel like this was the best possible behavior given the circumstances. I did go home and eat more cookies; I didn't add a brownie from concessions to the cookie; I didn't sit and munch on m&ms through the course of the stressful work. And I stuck with my original goal for the day. Really, I feel I made the right choices for the moment. Would actual food have been better than a few bites of cookie? Of course. But sometimes it's actually not possible.

L - eggplant, mozzarella and prosciutto on a roll, pickle, apple (I didn't have chips, which is kind of a default for me when having a sandwich, which was another conscious success of the day)
D - as described above

And, as mentioned yesterday, I did the 2 mile WATP video with extra weights.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 pm

So yesterday was a failure. Blah. Oh well. It was all about being too tired and somewhat stressed. Moving on.

Started today right with my cereal and exercise and have my packed lunch with me ready to go. Tonight's dinner will be larger than normal for chanukah, but still vanilla for sure. I'll be back tonight to report that success.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS. With a very full dinner plate.

B - cereal with milk
L - rice and potato with italian sausage "stew", apple
D - small piece of broiled steak (3 oz raw), latkas with homemade applesauce, hunk of challah with butter, green salad

2 mile WATP video with extra weights this morning.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:23 am

Thursday, SUCCESS. I had to do a tasting at a venue where we'll be having an upcoming event today, which was lunch. Obviously it wasn't all served on one plate and it did involve a bite each of two desserts. I'm calling it a success since it was kept to the literal minimum.

B - cereal with milk
L - the tasting: 4 bite-size or near bite-size appetizers, 3ish bites each of 3 entrees, 3ish bites each of 2 green salads with dressing, bite each of 2 desserts
D - challah with butter and homemade jam, homemade applesauce, small handful of nuts (this wasn't the plan for dinner, but I strongly didn't feel like the leftover meat I had planned so decided to just go with what I wanted since it was still vanilla and involved food I already own)

Did 20 minutes of hard work on the exercise bike and will do 20 more of resistance work tonight.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:21 am

Friday, NWS Day for holiday party.

B - small handful of nuts (I'd also planned a banana, but never got to it)
L - (office holiday party) bagel with cream cheese and lox, corn souffle, roasted potatoes, fruit salad, a bunch of cookies, piece of chocolate with almonds, mimosa
D - (at a friends for a mini-chanukkah dinner party) green salad, latkes with applesauce, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, glass of wine

Did the 2 mile WATP with extra weights this morning. Im really proud of myself for doing so well with exercise this month.

Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:14 pm

You should feel good about the exercise! Pat yourself on the back regularly!

I love WATP in the winter and like you I also intensify the effort with more weight work (and more arm movement). The 2 mile is my usual choice as well.

Keep up the great work!
Maintenance is progress.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks, Jean! You're my exercise inspiration being so incredibly consistent and really pushing yourself while still keeping to a reasonable amount of time each day.

I ate too much and/or too rich yesterday and went to bed feeling nauseous. I really hated that. It left me looking forward to being less extreme today. It's also interesting that what I ate would not have seemed at all a lot a year or two ago. I'm glad my threshold has changed for sure.

B - grape nuts with milk and banana (good!)
L - last of the potato and rice with sausage stew (good!), normal size serving of homemade chocolate ice cream (fine)
D (take-out, with a friend) - 4 crab filled wontons, 2 potstickers, big serving of beef chow fun, couple bites of chicken and eggplant (two plates worth of food, but not so bad)
S - large serving of homemade ice cream with homemade whipped cream (I think this is what pushed it over the edge)

Took the day off on exercise, but did go to the grocery store and do the dishes and two loads of laundry so not totally sedentary.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:21 am

I indulged today, but feel much better.

B - cereal with milk
L - bagel with cream cheese and lox, 3 smallish latkes, homemade applesauce
D - (at a friend's house, take out again) plate with several chinese appetizers, plate with beef chow fun, combo fried rice, honey walnut shrimp and white rice
S -(at the friends, while we were all watching movies) A LOT of peanut m&ms

Off for the day on exercise. I'm ready to start another solid week heading into the new year. I'm not planning any yellow days this week until next weekend.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:53 am

Monday, SUCCESS! Even being home and in "holiday mood" I kept with it.

L - egg with a bit of cheese and a veggie sasuage patty on an english muffin, 2 latkes, homemade applesauce
D - broiled salmon, mixed greens with bit of goat cheese, craisins, olives in light poppyseed dressing, thinly sliced piece of challah with butter, frozen pomegranate bar

Since I didn't have to work today I decided to put a little extra time into exercise and did the 3 mile WATP with a little bit extra weights. It definitely pushed me harder than the 2 mile -- and felt good.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 am

Tuesday, SUCCESS!

B - cereal with milk
L - smallish serving of leftover beef chow fun, apple
D - small english muffin with 1/2 cashew butter (homemade) and 1/2 peanut butter (store bought, seemed so sweet in comparison even though it's one called "natural"), strawberry banana smoothie (made with milk and greek yogurt)

2 mile WATP with added weights.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 am

Wednesday, Failure. :( Holiday sweets (and a less than long lasting lunch) got the best of me today and then I kind of gave up and ate a not-so-real dinner.

L - last of the chow fun, apple
D - crackers and goat cheese
S - sufganiyah (jelly filled doughnut for chanukkah), part of a christmas chocolate bar I was gifted

In better news, I did take a nicely paced 35 minute walk (outdoors, for a little variety). I'll get up and do some resistance work in a bit too.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 am

Thursday, SUCCESS!

B - large cereal with milk
L - greek yogurt with banana, chopped walnuts, honey
D - homemade hummus with carrots and piece of pita bread, apple

I also did my 2 mile WATP with some extra weights this morning despite cramps that made me really not want to (and probably were also part of the culprit in yesterday's failure).

Yay for success all around!
Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:45 pm

It's official monthly weigh in day and I lost 1/4 of a pound for the month. Not much, but given it's December and all that means, I think its still something to be proud of. I also lost an inch and a half (in thighs and chest combined, with the rest maintaining last month's decrease and staying the same), which means the exercise is working to help firm me up a little.

I only lost three pounds (well, 3.2) for the year, but that was pretty much all in the last few months. It's actually just over 5 since July. I think the first half to two thirds of the year was really getting habit in place. Although I'm still averaging 2-3 fails per month, I think the habit is there pretty well now. In the last few months I've been fairly solid (despite those fails). I recover from them quickly now, which seems like a big improvement. I've also gotten into a much stronger exercise groove over the last two or so. In the year I've also lost 7 inches across hips, waist, thigh, chest, and arm, which is very good news.

As I continue into January the plan is to stay solid with vanilla No-S, but strive to make the majority of my meals healthy ones that include fruits and vegetables. I think I have been moving in this direction, but there's still a good deal of work to do. I think the key is to make that my norm, but not worry about it when a meal or two a week is more fatty or junky. Hopefully with all of that, I'll keep losing a little each month as I have for the last few. I'd really like to be doing a two pound loss per month -- that's really not very much, but so far it's not at all what I've been doing so we'll see. While the weight loss is a big deal to me, I do want to keep focusing on good habits and overall health. I'm still of the mind that when I really get those in place the other will follow.

I'll check back in here tonight with my final green day of the year!
Julie

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Maintenance is progress! If you are like me I was seeing my weight creep up each year so maintenance or small losses are good. You must also feel great about your increased fitness!

I know I lost a lot my first year, but I had a lot to lose. I am now losing at 1-2 lbs per month. If we maintain that rate of loss we will get there eventually!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:08 am

Happy start of 2012!

Today, of course, is an S Day. Indulgent, but controlled.

B - hot grape nuts
L - 2 small pieces of homemade mozzarella, ricotta, and olive pizza, homemade bailey's chocolate chip ice cream (both leftover from yesterday)
S - honey roasted almonds
D - belgian waffles with bacon and real maple syrup

I took a nice outdoor walk today of about 4 miles with some small hills.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 am

Monday, SUCCESS.

I've been struggling with a migraine-like headache all day. The big success of the day was not just ordering pizza instead of cooking the soup I'd planned for dinner. I also haven't been able to handle any exercise and don't think that's going to change tonight. I think I'm going to need to call it a sick day on exercise.

B - oatmeal made with a little milk with brown sugar and pecans
L - hummus on piece of flatbread, carrots, almonds, potato chips, olives
D - curried green lentil soup, hunk of homemade bread with butter, frozen pomegranate bar

Julie

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:15 am

Migraines suck. Hope you're feeling better, quickly.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 am

Thanks. I was feeling a lot better today, with just a little bit of a lingering headache.

And it was a SUCCESS!

L - lentil soup with hunk of bread and butter
D - oatmeal with pecans, large handful of olives and pickles (yes, that's weird, but it was my concession to myself around eating from the table of goodies at a theatre event)

I'd planned fruit for both lunch and dinner, but never got to either. I kind of want one now, but am resisting.

I did the 2 mile WATP with some extra weights this morning.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 am

Wednesday, SUCCESS. Although I don't feel great about dinner. It was such a long and hard day that I ended up giving in to pizza. But still technically a success.

B - cereal with milk
L - last of the bread I made with butter, almonds, banana, apple
D - mushroom and olive thin crust pizza

No exercise yet (other than a bunch of stairs going between offices at work), but I'm still going to get something real in.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:00 am

Thursday, SUCCESS! I did very well on my fruits and veggies today. I guess it helps make up for yesterday's pizza.

L - trader joe's frozen mac and cheese, apple, satsuma mandarin
D - mango dal with white rice, roasted brussel sprouts

Did the 2 mile WATP video with extra arms but no weights this morning.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 am

Friday, SUCCESS. Although I've just finished dinner and am still hungry. I guess it was kind of a small meal, but should be enough. I just need to power through, though. I know I can do it and I know I'll feel better for sticking with it. I just might need to remind myself of that more frequently than usual tonight.

L - leftover mango dal with white rice, small handful of almonds, apple
D - 2 thin pieces buttered rye toast, strawberry smoothie (1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, ice)

Today's my off day for the weekdays on exercise.

Julie

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 am

Saturday, S-DAY. Going well. I had a half day retreat with my Board of Directors today and had a big breakfast and lunch as a part of that, including several sweets (all homemade by board members and quite tasty). It was eating like everyone else without worry or guilt and that was very nice.

It's 6pm and I'm not that hungry so am not sure that I'll do anything for dinner. Perhaps a small, light snack a little later. Or some milk. Or I'd say most likely nothing.

B - piece of banana bread, scone, bagel with cream cheese, fresh squeezed orange juice
L - small piece of ham, small piece of baked chicken, fruit salad, caesar salad, several crackers with nice cheese, very small piece of key lime chiffon cheesecake, piece of blueberry cobbler, can of coke (dessert was on a small separate plate, but the rest was all on one plate)

I also went shopping/window shopping with some friends from work after the retreat for several hours so got a bunch of walking in (along with socializing!).

Julie

p.s. I did persevere and stick to plan yesterday.

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:09 am

Sunday, S-DAY. Disaster after about 2pm. Blech. Why do I do things like this? Still!

L - frozen pepperoni and olive pizza
S - giant cookie ice cream sandwich
S - (in lieu of dinner I guess) several cups air popped popcorn with olive oil and a touch of parm, several bites of a big chocolate with almonds bar
S (yep, more) - several more pieces of candy, the last of the homemade bailey's chocolate chip ice cream from last week (well, I threw away the last few bites when I was feeling sick after the first 8 or so -- luckily there wasn't really that much left)

I can't believe I ate so much chocolate today. What was I thinking?

I took a half hour walk, not horribly quickly, but fine.

Julie