H G Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat May 13, 2006 10:51 pm

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Success-day!

1st Meal: pasta with cheese, red pepper, and capers.

Snacks: Garbanzo con chile y limon, licorice bits, taste of fresh onion bread.

2nd Meal: Liver and tomato dish, salad, stuffed onion, onion bread, strawberries and pineapple, and a dessert of chocolate shoo-fly pie and some Haagen-Dazs Mayan chocolate ice cream (yowza! that's the ice-cream for me!)

Sunday, May 13, 2006

Success-day!

1st Meal: Leftovers! Repeat of yesterday's 2nd meal minus the fruit and the dessert.

Snacks: Garbanzo con chile y limon, licorice bits, onion bread, chocolate shoo-fly pie, cheddar cheese.

2nd Meal: Squash, pheasant in some sort of creamy sauce, rice, bread, green beans, a cherry cream soda, and for dessert the rest of the pint of Mayan chocolate Ice cream.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Mon May 15, 2006 11:20 pm

Monday, May 15, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Small peanut butter sandwich, fresh strawberries, orange juice, choco milk, some pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Two small slices of bread with chunky peanut butter with raisins sprinkled over, sea-weed, three or four pumpkin seeds.

3rd meal: Two slices cheese toast.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed May 17, 2006 3:43 am

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Failure! (Curses!)

1st Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran

2nd Meal: Peanut butter sandwich and some pumpkin seeds

3rd Meal: Meat stuff over bread and some pumpkin seeds

Mistake: invited people over, avoided other snacks, but could not evade the FRESH BAKED BREAD! Tasty, but a snack none the less. As I bit off bits of the warm, delicious bread I thought to myself "This is against the RULES! mmm oh so tasty mmmm"

Oh well. Back on the wagon tomorrow.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed May 17, 2006 2:21 pm

Tuesday, May 17, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran and some pumpkin seeds. I planned on eating some pumpkin seeds but forgot to bring them until after I had finished the cereal then went back and grabbed some. Since they were originally part of the plan I am not calling that a failure.

2nd Meal: Stuffed squash, home-made bread and milk. (and a few pumpkin seeds)
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu May 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Pear, pumpkin seeds, Skinner's Raisin Bran

2nd Meal: Tuna sandwich

3rd Meal: General Tso's chicken, hot & sour soup, crab puff, fried rice. (resisted the fried things with sugar sauce)
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Fri May 19, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 18, 2006 6:55 pm

Hi Hunter :)
I think Pumpkin Seeds are supposed to be full of some really important vitamin or mineral... I forget what?
Good for you!
Salted or plain?
I think I'm going to have to buy some Raisin Bran... I forgot how much I love it! Thanks! Wonder if I can find Skinners??? Probably not! :lol:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri May 19, 2006 2:31 am

Yeah, I think they have zinc and stuff.
They are salted. I might have to make my own to get unsalted.
Raisin Bran is one of my staples currently. So easy to make! :lol:
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri May 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Friday, May 19, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Peanut butter sandwich, cantalope, pumpkin seeds, orange juice.

2nd Meal: Tuna sandwich, pumpkin seeds and cantalope

3rd Meal: Meat stuff, bread.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Mon May 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Monday, May 22, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Peanut Butter sandwich on cinnamon bread, apple, milk, pumpkin seeds, walnuts.

2nd Meal: Hamburger with worstershire sauce and ketchup, cantalope.

3rd Meal: 3 slices of cinnamon bread with butter, 2 tangelos, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, milk.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue May 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: 3 slices of cinnamon bread with butter, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, Skinner's Raisin Bran

2nd Meal: Hamburger with ketchup, some cantalope soup (recipe on stumptuous) but served as a smoothie and not blended as much as it should have been.

3rd Meal: Chicken strips, fries and toast. A basket counts as a plate right :wink: ?
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed May 24, 2006 8:28 pm

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran fortified with a whole bunch of walnuts, some more cantelope soup/smoothie, 2 pieces of cinnamon bread, pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Catered subway sandwiches, fit on one paper plate.

3rd Meal: Sloppy Joe, Cantelope smoothie/soup, pumpkin seeds.

Sloppy Joe's: Chop up an onion very finely, and start sizzling in a little olive oil. When they start to get soft, add beef, sprinkle with garlic powder and worstershire sauce then stir/chop with your spatula to ensure the proper amount of "sloppiness". When the beef is looking browned and things are getting hot add a small can of tomato paste. Turn down/off the heat and stir things up real well. Add a few spoonfuls of Major Grey's chutney to give it the sweetness (I at least) expected of sloppy joes. Slice open some buns/rolls and fill with sloppiness. Eat. Put leftovers in the fridge.
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Thu May 25, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:27 pm

I bought Raisin Bran today Hunter, and thought of you!
LOL....

But it wasn't Skinners :P
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu May 25, 2006 2:34 am

Well, besides belonging to The Cult of the Avocado, I also happen to have membership with The Divine Order of Raisin Bran. Shall I send you one of our pamphlets? :D
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:04 am

Oh yes please oh dear high priestess of bran!
Do I have to send in 2 proofs of purchase to get it? :P
LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps... Somehow I wish I could fit in some reference to Prunie Peetie too...
Prunes and Raisin Bran???
Sounds like a party!
LOL!!!

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 pm

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Sloppy Joe, tangelo, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, choco milk.

Funny stuff? One sip of cantelope soup, to see if it was flavored right. But I didn't really need to taste it except in the "must taste things you prepare" sort of need. This time it was blended better, fewer chunky bits. Now it is waiting in the fridge for the next meal.

2nd Meal: Peanut butter sandwich on a kaiser roll, milk.

3rd Meal: Liver with onion and tomato, a kaiser roll, cantelope soup.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat May 27, 2006 2:27 am

Friday, May 26, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Peanut butter sandwich, apple, pumpkin seeds, walnuts.

2nd Meal: Sloppy Joe, Cantelope soup.

3rd Meal: Last of the Sloppy Joe filling, jalapeno cheese bread, last of liver tomato onion dish, cantelope soup.

Rant: Why can't they have a low calorie sandwich spread? All I can think of are nut butters, jams, jellies, potted meats... (all pretty hefty on the calorie scale) Sandwich spreads are so convenient, why can't they be low calorie too?

(Edited to add) Ok, so there's vegimite, but I have no idea of the caloric content, and to find it is difficult, so I don't think it counts. On the other hand, maybe this is the miracle sandwich spread of which I dream.

Successful avoidances: Cake, jellybeans, fruit (as a snack, nothing against fruit as part of a meal), sugary looking punch (since I avoided it I have no actual knowledge of it's sugar content), cheese and bread. Yay me!

Tomorrow is an S-day!
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Mon May 29, 2006 4:37 pm

Monday, May 29, 2006

Failure

1st Meal: thick slice of bread, cantalope soup.

2nd Meal: Squash-zuccini-beef dish, orange half, salad

Failure: The social orange sherbert of doom.

3rd Meal: Big burrito.

Failure the Second: Hunk of bread after burrito because I wanted it.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue May 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Hunk of bread (big hunk).

2nd Meal: Tuna sandwich, milk, 2 slices of Cinnamon bread.

3rd Meal: BBQ beef and beans.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 am

What is vegemite? I have heard of marmite which my daughter tells me is awful stuff. (never had it so I don't know. She had it in England). I thought maybe vegemite is similar.

Know what you mean about sandwich spreads. I like them all and they are so much better than cold sandwich meat. Ugh! Do you like hummus? That is great on lots of things. Vegetables, crackers or pita. Comes in a lot of flavors too. Just a thought.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:10 pm

Vegemite is a yeast spread from Australia. I have never had it but people say it is very salty and an aquired taste (aka many people think it is nasty). So it might very well be related to marmite.

Hummus is a good idea, but it needs to be refrigerated even before it is opened as far as I can remember.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Failure :?

1st Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran, with walnuts, cinnamon bread.

2nd Meal: (Here it comes.) Curry chicken with fried rice (huge! I had leftovers), hot and sour soup, orange juice, and a fortune cookie (Bzzzt! you fail!) I didn't even mean to eat that darn cookie. I was just going to open it and read my fortune, but I was having a conversation at the same time, and apparently my attention span is Zilch. I just habitually popped it in my mouth. Grr. :evil:

3rd Meal: Swiss cheese, asian pear, cinnamon bread.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:42 pm

Oh Hunter.. Fortune cookies aren't really terrible!
Forgive your mishap..
I wouldn't think of it as a all out failure.. Just a minor bit of funny stuff.
Now if you are talking, chocolate chip with double chunks, washed down with a starbucks frappucino then that's different!

Have a great day!
Love,
Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi Deb! I'm not really worried, I'm just trying to be all "fence around the law" on myself. Not that I haven't been eating cinnamon bread with practically every meal lately. :oops: I think that business has to stop. After this loaf is gone I am buying no more. What really bugged me about the cookie was that a few seconds before I ate it I consciously thought "Okay now, this is a cookie so I can't eat it. I'll just open it up and read my fortune." and three seconds later I'm thinking "Hey! I ate the cookie! How did that happen?" Which made me feel very out of control.

Thursday, June 1, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Curry chicken and fried rice.

2nd Meal: Thick Stuff (recipe to follow), brown rice, salad (green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, boston lettuce, little slices of yellow squash, zuccini, and tomato, and feta cheese), fruit salad (just kiwi and peaches cut up together).

3rd Meal: More salad, fruit salad, big chunk of swiss cheese, 2 slices cinnamon bread. This is kindof funny stuff because the swiss cheese and bread didn't really fit on the plate because the salad was so bulky. But it was a small plate, so I'm pretending that I used a bigger plate and they fit.

I can't wait for the weekend! Last weekend I wasn't craving like this. But I don't know what I want though. Pudding? Ice cream? Snacks? Cookies sound good. Mmmm. Baked goods.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 am

Thick Stuff recipe:

Ground beef, pepperoni, beef that you can cut into chunks (whatever's cheap), canned tomato products (crushed, diced, whole, it really doesn't matter too much), small can tomato paste, head of garlic, onion or two, bell pepper (green, red and yellow are all fine or you can do without)

Cut it all up and cook it (olive oil is good for browning the meat) add italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, garlic powder too taste. Throw in a few bay leaves too. Make sure it's thick. Let excess water cook off, or add tomato paste as a thickener.

Not really impressive, just a super meaty, chunky spagetti sauce.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:12 am

MMmmmm, you're making me hungry. I had a crummy store bought supper and I may go to bed early because I am hungry. What was did the fortune in the cookie predict? Did it say, there is bakery in your future? Mine would say there are pancakes in my future.
Go easy on yourself. You're out there trying and that is what's important.
Just found out my husband is making a chocolate dessert for his Master Gardner's sale tomorrow. Now I KNOW I'm going to bed early and with a clothespin on my nose.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:11 pm

The fortune said "You should have a talk with your friend today." (indicating that I only have one friend?) Which is funny, because the talking I was doing with my friend is what distracted me enough so that I ate the cookie. Oh, and the guy I was talking to? He had the exact same fortune.

Friday, June 2, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran and a cinnamon bread peanut butter sandwich.

2nd Meal: Last of the salad, thick stuff, brown rice.

3rd Meal: Went out to dinner with friends and then an art gallery. Salmon, asparagus, tomato soup, mashed potato, 2 small pieces of garlic bread. Tasty, and not all on one plate at once, but it could have fit, and I left a little bit on the plate of everything except the asparagus and the bread.

Exercise- Went for a walk, did some push-ups, danced to The Ramones, played air guitar, etc.
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:39 am

Sounds like a fun day! :)

Have a nice time!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:15 am

It was fun! I need to get out my Ramones CDs more often!

Monday, June 5, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Chips and salsa (not nearly as much as when I started No-S) and a bean-egg-tomato-cheese-guacamole breakfast burrito.

2nd Meal: Bowl of Skinner's Raisin Bran.

3rd Meal: Chunks of Havarti cheese, and a bean-egg-tomato-cheese-guacamole breakfast burrito

Walked a lot today, and it is hot, so I need to hydrate some more.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:00 am

Ramones and air guitar. Does it get any better than that? Deb's right. It sounds like fun. Whenever I hear air guitar, I think of an episode of Frazier where Neils and Frazier talk about playing air violin in high school. Proceed with the fun, Hunter and enjoy.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:17 am

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Success

Don't remember specifics, maybe cereal and peanut butter were involved.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Success

1st Meal: two hot dog bun peanut butter sandwiches.

2nd Meal: BBQ beef, bread and sauce. Mmmmm.

3rd Meal: Spagetti squash, the last of the Thick stuff, TWO avocados and a few pumpkin seeds (just now replenished my supply after Sunday's decemation).
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:55 am

Thursday, June 8, 2006

Success

1st Meal: 4 little rolls and orange juice

2nd Meal: Avocado, nectarine, 4 little rolls, two with peanutbutter.

3rd Meal: Okra and tomatos, nectarine, little roll, meatloaf.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:19 pm

Friday, June 9, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Nectarine, avocado, little roll, meatloaf, pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Chicken, tomato-y sauce, 3 corn tortillas (I think these were my favorite part of the meal, they were really good!), beans, guacamole, rice. Went out to lunch at a new place and the chicken dish I ordered was huge! I ended up not finishing it and still walking out rubbing my tummy and saying "I'm so full!"

3rd Meal: Avocado, peanut butter hot dog bun sandwich, choco milk, pumpkin seeds.

In Praise of Meatloaf

I like meatloaf. You can do so many different things with it just by swaping out some of the basic ingredients.

Eggs, Meat, starchy something, spices. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Almost sounds boring. But if you use corn chips or corn tortillas instead of breadcrumbs and hot sauce as one of your flavoring tools you have something different. Last night I used raisin bran as my starch, cut up some dried apricots, and added cracked red pepper to get a fruity hot meatloaf. Sure it's meatloaf, but it's different and really good.

Think of all the things you can use: rice, oatmeal, tortillas, chips, breadcrumbs (how many different types of bread are there? how many types of breadcrumbs?), popcorn, cereal, croutons (okay so maybe that's a bread crumb). And you can throw anything in with the spices. Chopped fruit, hard boiled egg, nuts, veggies, hot sauce, cheese, seasonings and sauces (there are so many seasonings and sauces available! Creole, Italian, Mexican, Korean, Indian, etc.).

Ah, the unlimited possibilities of meatloaf.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Monday, June 12, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Last slice of meatloaf, ketchup, raisin bran.

2nd Meal: Polish dog from Sams Club, oh and one of their new tornado things (nasty!) and root beer.

3rd Meal: Spagetti topped with sliced steak, a pile of cheese (fresh grated romano, and sharp provolone) and cracked red pepper. Good stuff!
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Kaiser onion roll sliced in half, covered with fontina cheese, and put under the broiler for a bit. One peach, half an orange.

2nd Meal: Six little rolls, milk.

3rd Meal: Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich (I love chicken in all forms), orange, slightly more than half a peach. Some alcohol, but well under the glass ceiling.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:01 am

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Breakfast taco, chips and salsa.

2nd Meal: Bibimbap.

3rd Meal: Breakfast taco.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:37 am

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Failure

1st Meal: Mexican Bakery! One bread-thing and two bites of empanada.

2nd Meal: 2 kaiser onion rolls, 3 gruyere cheese wedges, yoplait blueberry yogurt, pumpkin seeds.

Failure: Avocado Gelatto. I did get the small instead of the medium or large.

3rd Meal: Skinner's Raisin bran, pumpkin empanada from the grocery store day old bin (not as good as the bakery ones! but it's a day old so who knows. Maybe I'll zap it in the microwave next time)
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:39 pm

Friday, June 16, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: 3 grocery store day old bin pumpkin empanadas. They were kind of chintzy with the pumpkin, so I peeled off some of the "crusts" without pumpkin, and only ate the good bits (with pumpkin) tossing the rest to the birds (or squirrels, I suppose).

2nd Meal: Spagetti topped with steak bits, a pile of cheese (fresh grated: romano, and sharp provolone) and cracked red pepper. Same as before, but not left overs.

Sharp provolone is wonderful. I had never been overly fond of provolone. I considered it to be rather bland. It was okay, but it wasn't very exciting to me. Then I bought some SHARP provolone. Mmmm! Good! There's a world of differenc, just like the difference between the insipid mild cheddar and the magnificent extra sharp cheddars.

3rd Meal: ???

Tomorrow is an S day! I have a pint of Creme Brulee Haagen-Dazs in the freezer waiting for me. (Okay, a pint minus a few bites from last Sunday). Also good is their Mayan Chocolate which is chocolate ice cream with a bit of cinnamon and a fudge swirl. Really chocolate-y, and oh-so-good, but it was so rich! I ate it in little spurts. The Creme Brulee is creamy ice cream with a swirl of burnt sugar flavor. Both are very good. But I am not eating any today! No sir! No how!
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Monday, June 19, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: BBQ chicken with teriyaki sauce, fried rice, broccoli.

2nd Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran with plain yogurt and extra raisins.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:27 pm

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Melted cheese (mozzarella? monterey jack?), tortillas (2), pepper slices, pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Skinner's Raisin Bran (man, I need to buy some new staples).

3rd Meal: Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, two peaches, root beer (not the whole cup).
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Three cheese Ravioli with tomato sauce and bread. Reconstituted pomegranate juice.

2nd Meal: Peanut butter sandwich and milk.

3rd Meal: Pizza bread (bread with mozzarella cheese melted on top and pepperoni, and crushed red pepper and parmesan sprinkled over all) choco-milk and a few pieces of squash.

More reconstituted pomegranate juice later.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:24 am

I think it is a success. Pomegranite juice is soooo good for you that it ought to be considered a supplement instead of a food. Your day sounded well rounded and yummy. Have a good weekend, Hunter.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Thanks Pangelsue!

Kind of distracted lately. I haven't been posting, I have been keeping to the three meals, but my meal choices have not always been particularly healthy. The rules have been observed!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

1st Meal: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, pumpkin seeds, milk, gruyere cheese.

2nd Meal: Leftovers from breakfast. Chinese leftovers, leftovers left and right!

3rd Meal: Bread, milk, chicken, ketchup.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:20 pm

Wednesday=success

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: salsa and chips, two hotcakes BIGGER THAN MY HEAD! I only managed to fininsh about one and a fourth of the hotcakes and saved the rest for later.

Donated blood today. It was time, because when they stuck me in the finger I spurted at least three inches! And when they took the needle out of my arm I welled! I should wear a sign "Watch out, 'cause I'm UNDER PRESSURE!" The guy didn't say anything when he took my blood pressure though, so it must be localized, RIGHT UNDER MY SKIN! Rah! I am filled with bloody goodness!

2nd Meal: remains of hotcake, chicken, ketchup, milk.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:03 am

Friday= success

Monday, July 3, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Leftover pineapple curry and fried rice.

2nd Meal: Cheese toast and pomagranite juice.

3rd Meal: Onion bagel, chicken, ketchup, leftover fried rice from breakfast, cherries, plain yogurt, cranberry juice.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Cherries, cranberry juice, pumpernickel bread spread with marmalade, a small cup of raisin bran (as opposed to my usual big bowl), pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Not very no-s, but it IS July 4th, and I'm sticking with it for my other two meals. This is a 1/3 s-day. Guacamole and chips (huge amounts), Hamburger: bun, two patties, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, onion, Watermelon, 3 or 4 red, white and blue muffins (rice flour, blueberries, rasberries), ginger beer (one bottle), water.

3rd Meal: Didn't end up eating one. Ate too much at lunch.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:31 pm

Free 6.6 pounds of Brie? I may have to click that ad.....

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Two slices of pumpernickel with Marmalade (I like bitter marmalade not the sweet stuff) and a big glass of milk.

2nd Meal: Steak, 1/2 potato with cheese sour cream (mmm sour cream, mmm cheese- bring on the dairy products!) sauteed onions and mushrooms

3rd Meal: Steak sandwich (made with leftovers from lunch), cucumber, cherries, plain yogurt.
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:33 pm

I still haven't seen any dog cheese ads yet...

I love brie though..
Let's split it okay Hunter! :wink:

Have a cheesy evening..
Cheese and Love,
(groan!)
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:16 am

Dog cheese is an inside joke around my house, but I would still buy it if it existed..... I wonder what dog cheese would taste like?

Thursday, July 6, 2006

Failure!

1st Meal: Pumpernickel with marmalade. I filled the plate but I didn't stack. A big glass of milk.

2nd Meal: Combo #3 at Braum's which includes a MILKSHAKE! as well as the 1/3 lb. burger and fries. I called it a celebration of getting my airform, but it really was cheating.

3rd Meal: Back on track with a small bowl of soup (Tom Yum Gong) and Samosas (would have fit on a plate but one was a soup.... so I didn't try).

Friday, July 7, 2006

Success

1st Meal: one pastry from the Mexican Bakery (if you will care to check my earliest entries you will see that I used to eat TWO Mexican bakery pastries as my breakfast).

2nd Meal: Pastrami Sandwich with mayo, cherries, slices of Munster cheese.

3rd Meal: A few chips and hot sauce. Chicken Mole with beans, rice, corn tortillas and guacamole. I ate about 1/2 of the chicken and saved the rest for later. Okay, so I ate all three tortillas and all the guacamole, but I barely touched the rice and ate less than 1/2 of the beans. Leftovers for breakfast! Yay!

Weekend plans: Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan Ice Cream, maybe try out some Haagen-Dazs Triple Chocolate Ice Cream.

As my faithful readers will remember I am a big fan of Haagen-Dazs's Mayan Chocolate Ice Cream.
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:50 am

Hi Hunter :)

Not saying don't try it, but HD Triple chocolate was a big let down for me..
It had more of a fatty feeling than a chocolatey one.. Maybe it was the truffle stuff??
And I'm a HD fan!

I would recommend Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk!

But only if you like nuts and also white chocolate bits mixed in..
Mmmmmm!!!!
Good!

Have a fun weekend :)

Peace and Love,
(and cheese)
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:17 am

I love New York Super Fudge Chunk! It's really good. I didn't end up trying the Triple Chocolate... But I did have the Black and Tan (which I really like)

Monday, July 10, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Bowl of Skinner's Raisin Bran, cranberry juice.

2nd Meal: Plain yogurt cup, cherries, tamarinds, pumpernickel.

3rd Meal: Green Curry, fried rice, Hot & Sour soup (took home leftovers of the curry and rice).
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Tuesday, July 12, 2006

Failure

1st Meal: Boiled egg, pumpkin seeds.

2nd Meal: Leftovers, prepackaged cheese crackers (no real cheese involved I assume)

3rd Meal: Dairy Queen 4-piece chicken strip basket.

CHEATING: About 3 frozen blackberries (healthy but as a snack they are a no-no).
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dashiell Hammett

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 pm

HG,

I admire yourdiligence with posting and I also like reading your posts because they often seem to remind me of things that I have been wanting eat but haven't been lately such as: pumpkin seeds, marmalade, avocados, more cheese, more ice cream. So thanks and keep up the great work!!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:47 pm

Thank you! What can I say? I love food! No-s allows me to love food without guilt. (Well, at least not as much guilt).

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Raisin Bran, cranberry juice.

2nd Meal: Boiled egg, cherries, package of cheese crackers and a package of peanut butter crackers. (I had almost nothing in the house to pack as lunch, so I supplimented with pre-packaged crackers; not terribly healthy, but better than going for the cookies and candy (which were also available).) Oh, and a cup of coffee with sugar (horrors! but I don't like black coffe).

3rd Meal: Spagetti and sauce.
Last edited by Hunter Gatherer on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Failure

1st Meal: Cherries, big glass of milk, blueberry bagel.

2nd Meal: Mango, peanut butter & wheat bagel sandwich, large whataburger onion rings, ketchup.

3rd Meal: this may end up being a failure, because I am eating at a friend's house, and I don't want to turn down food cooked specifically for me.

One slice of home-made veggie pizza (excellent crust), four slices of honeydew mellon (two of which were seconds) and a slice of lemon pie.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Friday, July 14, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Slurry of refried beans, hash browns, eggs, and salsa eaten with chips and a tortilla.

2nd Meal: Blueberry bagel & peanut butter sandwich (as in a sandwich composed of blueberry bagel and peanut butter, not as in a bagel in addition to a sandwich), big glass of milk, cherries.

3rd Meal: Chana Masala, fried rice, peanut sauce curry, hot and sour soup. There was a lot of plate swapping, so I may have had more than a plate, but not too much more since there were leftovers.

Weekend Plans: Mexican Bakery with no worries about sugar content.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:10 pm

Your slurry of refried beans sounds yummy. I'll have to try that. Iagree with you about the meal made by a friend. Good times with friends are S days to me too as long as they don't happen too often. Time to enjoy. Hope you also enjoyed that Mexican bakery. I spent a year in Germany 35 years ago and I still occasionally have a dream about going to my favorite bakery there and having a piece of Honigkuchen or Dreisuckerkuchen and tea. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 pm

I did enjoy the Mexican bakery! So tasty and sugary! I also made two batches of fudge, one with Cinnamon and one with Cayenne. They were both very tasty, but the Cayenne was not for sissies, although somewhat tame to my jaded palate.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Success?

1st Meal: Breakfast taco, chips and salsa.

2nd Meal: Four Cheese (Parmesan, Romano, Ricotta, Mozzarella) Ravioli with sauce.

No 3rd Meal
Dashiell Hammett

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Great job HG sounds like you're doing really well, and thanks for keeping up the posting. Have a great day.
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 am

Right after someone compliments me on keeping up posting, I zone out. :?

Oh well.... Recap time!

July 18- S-day (birthday party)

July 19- Failure (birthday party oozes over onto a second day)

July 20- Success

July 21- Success

July 22- S-day (moderate)

July 23- S-day (moderate)

July 24- Success

July 25- Success

Hopefully tomorrow I will return to my more detailed posts.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:11 pm

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Cranberry Almond Crunch cereal (too sugary) a plum, pomagranite/orange juice.

2nd Meal: Grapefruit, ham sandwich, raisins.

3rd Meal: Beef-hominy-cheese-chickpea dish with pumpkin-tomato-garlic sauce, Bread & Bacon, pomagranite/orange juice.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Success

1st Meal: Small Cranberry Almond Crunch, Bread & Bacon, pomagranite/orange juice.

2nd Meal: 3 tamales, beans, rice, chips, salsa.

3rd Meal: Leftovers, two slices wheat bread, 1/2 plum, orange/cranberry juice.
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:18 pm

July 28- Success

July 29- Success

July 30- Success

July 31- Success

August 1- Failure

August 2- Success

August 3- Success

Friday, August 4, 2006- Failure

1st Meal: Cereal and Milk

2nd Meal: ???

3rd Meal: ???- The carrot cake! it came right at me!
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Sorry for posting so erraticly, I'm moving and stuff.

Saturday, August 5, 2006- Success

Aug. 6- Success

Aug. 7-Success

Aug. 8-Success

Aug. 9-Success

Aug. 10-Failure: Outdoor Cantalope

Aug. 11-Failure: Snack attack!

Saturday, Aug. 12- Success

Remember folks, even when you go completely overboard you are still successful twice a week with no-s!
Dashiell Hammett

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:50 am

I've kind of dropped off the map post-wise, but I am still out there keeping the faith (with the occasional failure). To date I have lost about 20 pounds and two inches off of my waist. In the non-numerical goal department I rejoice to say that it is getting harder to play Celebrity Lips, and my clothes are looser.
Dashiell Hammett

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:05 pm

Well long time no hear from!! Welcome back. I missed your dry humor and wit. So no more Mick J. huh? That is a good thing in more ways than one. Congratulations on the 20 pound loss. That is wonderful. I am happy for you.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:52 am

So what IS Celebrity Lips, anyway?
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:18 am

Hi Hunter!
I'm coming back here after a long hiatus on posting.
Hope you are well!
Keep on eatin that Skinners!
Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:42 pm

Thanks for the update, Hunter (and sorry for taking an age to respond to it). Very nice to hear you're still sticking with it and achieving good results.

Now that you've graduated from daily tracking, have you considered negative tracking? Might be a good, cost effective structure to use the boards to still get some accountability.

Reinhard

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:13 pm

Now for another report! I am still hovering at 20 down, but I think the constitution of my remaining weight is changing because I definitely look and feel slimmer. My chin is less double, and as I reported in Testimonial of Mystery a pair of pants I despaired of ever wearing again now fit.

Negative tracking might be a solution, but I am still hoping to get back here in my usual fashion once internet is less of a problem.

Celebrity lips is where you squeeze & fold your belly until it looks like lips and then try and decide which celebrity's lips it looks like. It's from a Bloom County (or was it Outland?) comic strip. And I still CAN play it, it's just getting harder (yay).
Dashiell Hammett