**Shamrockmommy's Sane and Logical**

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

**Shamrockmommy's Sane and Logical**

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 23, 2011 1:24 am

Back again. I've tried atkins, general low carb, just saying f'it LOL, counting calories, counting carbs... :roll: It's enough to make me insane!
Still emphasizing on gluten free and low carb for most of my meals.

NO SECONDS< NO SNACKING! And of course limited sweets on S and special days.

Need to also jog 3x a week in addition to my daily walks with Echo the dog.

B: Skillet with cheese, coffee/cream
L: bunless whopper, small fries, tea
D: chili, cornbread square, butter, coconut milk.

It's sunday but I don't have muc in the way of stuff for S's so maybe so me maple syrup on the cornbread.

Glad to be back, wouldn't it be great with stick with it?? LOL
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 am

I know how you feel, this is like my 20th attempt. I am just completing my 2nd week and I really do feel so much better, just about me in general.

Hang in there Tiffani, you can do this. Keep it simple cuz if you are anything like me, after a little while on No S, you start to think things are moving too slowly and I end up MOD'ing myself to death and then I'm off habit. Just focus on the habit and be nice to yourself!!! Celebrate EVERY VICTORY (just not with food....lol). Have a GREAT WEEK and welcome BACK. :D

Karen
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Welcome back! :)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 am

Thanks guys!!

Yesterday was a flop. Did well till mid afternoon. The kids were just compoletely wild yesterday, who knows why and I didn't cope well and had a bowl of popcorn.

Today went well. Steak/coffe for breakfast
Tuna salad sandwich with celery, red pepper strips, carrots, grapes and strawberries and a handful of almonds. (holy fiber! I was full!)

Supper GF fried chicken, rice and carrots.

Having a decaf coffee with coconut cream and cinnamon.

Super full, will probably be able to get portions under control when I (once again!) feel like I won't starve somehow between meals!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18