erialicia's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

erialicia

erialicia's daily check in

Post by erialicia » Sun May 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Officially started No S diet todat May 29th, will check in daily
Eri

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Welcome, Carolyn, good luck on your journey to better health. :wink:
Berry

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Days one and two, success!
Eri

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:19 am

Day 3 success! What I am finding is that I am eating healthier meals and not even wanting to eat in between! I put a lot of effort into creating healthy meals!
Eri

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 am

Great job!!!

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Just had breakfast...Fresh blueberries, healthy bran cereal, and soy milk. It was so good, I went to pour another bowl and stopped myself!
Eri

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:49 am

Failed miserably the last two days and have been binging. I think I really need to focus on smaller meals and NO sugar/refined carbs. I feel like crap about myself today
Eri

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:16 am

Don't wallow in it!!!!!! This works it really does but your not gonna always get it the first try!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks...I'm off to a new start today. :D
Eri

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 am

Good attitude. Can't change yesterday and tomorrow hasn't happened yet. Do it a decision at a time.
I'm baaaack.

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:07 am

Success...ate a little more at dinner than I should have but so much better than yesterday
Eri

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:30 am

I have not been doing well since my last check in. I have been binging right before dinner. I need to get my head in the game.
Eri

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:34 am

Well I have decided to make this check in post kinda like a place for me to come and write. I have 80 pounds to lose. EIGHTY! It seems so overwhelming. But I have been this overweight for at least a good decade. I need to learn the art of "one day at a time" and not focus on the future and this taking so long, because when I do, I get upset and binge because I feel it just does not matter. I wish I could break the habit of weighing myself several times a day. I need to do this. I want to do this. This way of eating makes the most sense. One day at a time for me.
Also, I have OCD. Not medicated. I know I use food to numb myself. If I dont' binge I don't like the feeling of anxiety I have. I fear not being able to stuff myself each night. Praying for some help
Eri

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Erialicia,
Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm cheering for you!

Please be gentle with yourself. I know how overwhelming it can feel to have a large amount of weight to lose. What helped me (several years ago I was 70 lbs heavier than I am now) was to focus on mini goals -- like 5 lbs -- rather than on the big picture. That seemed a lot more managable. I also kept reminding myself that the weight didn't show up overnight and it wasn't going to come off overnight either. In my case, it took over 2 years to lose the weight but off it did come.

In terms of the scale, can you put it in a place that isn't readily accessible, toss it or give it to a loved one for safe keeping?

Also, I found it helpful to make a list of non-food related things I could do in place of eating to self-medicate. It can be useful to have a concrete action plan of things that you can do instead of turning to food. Pursuing a hobby, listening to a favorite piece of music, doing something that nurtures or uplifts you. I have (unmedicated) anxiety issues myself and exercise --daily walking -- has become the primary way that I self-medicate and keep things under control. It has helped more than I can say.

Take good care ...
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

Junebug95

Hi and thanks!

Post by Junebug95 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 am

Erialicia,
Thanks for posting on my "new member" post :)

I am also a homeschooling mom (of 4 kids) and I am attempting to lose 80 pounds as well. I am on Day 5 of really starting No-S and I am feeling good but scared of myself and my past with BED. BUT I want to be sane even if it means no weight loss and I feel sane sticking to these rules for the first time, maybe ever...

Just wanted to say hi and glad to be here and glad you're here too!

Carrie
"There are so many things in life we cannot do because of the fear of what Mrs. Harmon Andrews would say. ` 'Tis true, 'tis pity, and pity 'tis, 'tis true.' What delightful things we might do were it not for Mrs. Harmon Andrews!"
208.8/205.8/128?