Sweetness' "daily" check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Snapdragon,
Thanks for stopping by my thread! The chilaquiles were good, most ppl from the midwest don't even know what those are! These were made with green salsa, just a little hot, with sour cream and grated hard cheese on top. YUM.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 am

I was born in Mexico City and we left when I was a baby because of the unstable state of the government( not that it's changed much) we left because it just wasn't safe for Americans anymore. Our neighbor was kidnapped and beaten and held for ransom.
Anywho I was in Caurnecaca a few years ago and had the same green salsa you are describing. DELICIOUS!!!!! I still love Mexican food and prefer it to most other kinds of food except perhaps Italian, but I would probably eat fresh corn tortillas over pasta anytime.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 am

Snapdragon,

I hear you about the kidnapping. My friend's brother was kidnapped last week, they did get him free a couple days later, but unfortunately its big business here. You would love living here for the food though. I can get handmade corn tortillas for about 8 cents each. You may notice we have lots of quesadillas here.

Tonight we decided to try our neighbors new hamburger place. I had a cheeseburger and less than half an order of fries. Very rare I ever eat deep fried food. Sure tasted good though.

Today is day 11 and a success! A totally green week! Hurrah!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to a couple treats tomorrow (dark chocolate for sure) but planning on a SANE weekend.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 am

Yippeeee well done on your green week, a great achievement!!! Enjoy your weekend
S/W - 174 (30th Oct 2012)
C/W - 174
G/W - 138
1st WI - Dec 07th

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Yay for a GREEN week! Great job!

gk

Post by gk » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 am

I really like your list of advantages for eating healthy/losing weight. And like I said before, coupling that with the green smilies on your thread each day is a great motivational tool - I might just have to copy your great idea, if you don't mind. :)

Also, isn't it nice to be able to say that you had a burger and some fries and still be able to report a green day? That is what is so great about this diet......you can eat anything, just eat it sensibly. More times than not, doing that will help you lose weight instead of attempting to eat like a rabbit and inevitably bingeing later and gaining it back.

You sound like you are in a good place right now - love to see it. I'm sure others, including myself, are finding it very motivating to read your thread each day.

Great job! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:28 am

Gk, I would love to see Mr Green smileys all over your thread and anyone else's. When someone wants to copy me I consider that a compliment.

It was very freeing to be able to have a burger and fries last night. And to have an S day today. I'm enjoying my S day today!

Breakfast= green smoothie, 2 eggs, one whole grain toast
snack= 2 small dark chocolate bars.
Dinner= chinese buffet, I had seconds
Supper= popcorn, banana, another dark chocolate

Hubby and I went for a long walk, out for dinner and to the movie rental.
Watched Adventures of TinTin together with the popcorn.

Ani, Tobias' mom, Thanks for your encouragement! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 am

Nice work on your green week and what sounds like a lovely S day yesterday :)

eschano

Post by eschano » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Bring on the next green week - here we come! :D
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 am

Eschano, Millie, Thanks!

I just got back from a two day retreat with my fellow missionaries. Just eight of us in a beautiful camp. We had fun, and I had two green days in spite of some challenges with food. Today I decided to turn an afternoon snack (popcorn and veggies) into lunch, and late dinner became my supper. It was 3 meals!

Today is day 15! I'm getting closer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 am

Day 15 - that's amazing! So close!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 am

Today is day 16 and a success!! I even did well on portions, and got my walk in. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I like the smiley-tracker! Congratulations on 16 days, that must feel fantastic!
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 am

Gepetto, Thanks for the encouragement! It does feel good! I was so out of control just a few weeks ago.

I got an amazing book today that I think will help me a lot. It's "Praying God's Word: Breaking Free... By Beth Moore, and it has a chapter called "Overcoming Food-Related Strongholds". Very good. I'm thinking Ill start a new thread on the general discussion, ( because of course it won't interest everyone) and post quotes from the book.

Today was a super success! Once again, I had my 3 meals, good portions, and I went for a half hour walk. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So it's day 17, Only 4 days to go on the 21 days, and two of those are S days!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 am

Sweetness wrote:Today was a super success! Once again, I had my 3 meals, good portions, and I went for a half hour walk. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So it's day 17, Only 4 days to go on the 21 days, and two of those are S days!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Omigosh! You are doing SO AWESOME!!!! Way to go!!! :D :D :D :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 am

Gk, Thanks! I'm excited!

Happy to announce that TODAY, DAY 18 WAS SUCCESS!!!

Breakfast= 3 small quesadillas
Din= zucchini dish with tomatoes, onions and cheese sauce, chicken thigh, rice
Sup= leftover zucchini dish, with rice

And after my 2 S-Days, only one more No S day to go!! :arrow:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

You're doing brilliantly! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Today is an S day :lol:

I'm very happy. I have been posting daily on the general discussion board from a book I'm using daily and it's a great help to me. Today I posted what I think is the perfect S day prayer, if anyone is interested.

I had my dark chocolate this morning and I'm looking forward to my date with my hubby this afternoon. 8)

Thanks Milly, your encouragement means a lot!
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 am

Ok - here you go....only ONE MORE DAY AND YOU'VE DONE IT!!!!! I would think this day would almost be FUN for you. What an accomplishment this will be for you! Makes me want to remove my hand from the cheetos bag, sit up and put a little more effort into this. :lol:

Seriously, you are doing so awesome and should be very proud of yourself! You are doing so well and the good habits you are learning by sticking to this will help you through the next 21 days. And each 21 days will get easier and easier, to the point that it won't be much of an extra effort at all.

ENJOY YOUR LONG LINE OF SUCCESSES!!!! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Gk, Thanks, I am kinda proud of myself! I feel so much more in control.

That said, I have to confess a couple things about my 21 days. I was not real strict on some of the rules, like one plate, especially when we went out to eat, which for me has not been often. DH and I go out once a week, but usually on Saturday, and besides that we go to a three pastors breakfasts a month, and once in a while we go out with friends, and that's when I loosen my rules. For example, we went out with our friends after our prayer retreat. The restaurant brought big homemade tortilla chips, nuts and salsa before the main meal. I was very hungry and probably ate at least 10 chips and a few peanuts before the meal came. Then the meal was a full plate with fish, salad and rice, and tortillas on the side. I only had one tortilla, but I was very full afterward. The other rule I break is when I'm cooking, I allow myself to eat fresh veggies, and to taste the food when I'm seasoning it.

I just don't want ppl to think that I'm perfect! I really like seeing green, I guess, and I accomplished my goal for these 21 days; to get back in the NoS habit. For the next 21 days I will focus more on having good portions, and the one plate rule... Even if sometimes it is virtual plating. Next time there are chips or bread offered before the meal, I plan to take a few and put them on a napkin in front of me, NOT take more, then create virtual room on my plate later... Which would mean leaving some food on my plate, which is hard for me!

I had a nice weekend, had 3 meals each day plus sweets... 2 small dark chocolate bars and an ice cream cone on Saturday, I also went for a long walk with my hubby... and 1 1/2 dk choc. bars and an ice cream cup with pecans on Sunday. Today, day 21 is sure to be a success.
8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Well done on 21 days. The sound green enough. It's all about minimum compliance after all.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 am

Congratulations on your success! I agree with eschano, it is about the moderation in all things, and how wonderful that must feel to have that leg of the journey on the books as a success.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:07 am

Thanks, Gepetto and Eschano,

Today was and is SUCCESS!!!

Since I got back to Mexico, I'm in love with the quesadilla. There's a little tortillaria (tortilla factory) a half a block from my house, fresh hot corn tortillas. But before they get stiff, I fold the leftovers in half and put them in the fridge. I shred some Oaxacan cheese and add any leftovers then fry them in a little bit of avocado oil. Tonight I made 3 kinds, chicken, refried beans, and sweet potato. Add sour cream, hard shredded cheese, and salsa, and YUM!! A good way to celebrate my 21 successful days!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Brilliant work on your 21 successful days! No-one's perfect, but it's great that you are aware of areas that you can tighten up on :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Looking at the past 21 days on the habit cal... I had 15 green no s days, 13 days I exercised, and 13 days of good portion control. I decided not to mark red or yellow on those, just on the No S. I like this because there is no red on my calendars, and I have several green days on the weekends.

I'm joining the rest of November challenge on the general board, and I'm following your example Milly in starting a couch to 5K (C25K) challenge. First day was today- success! :mrgreen:
Patty

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 am

Sweetness - congratulations on the c25k! That's a great program, especially when followed in moderation. :) My wife lost over 70 pounds after she followed that very same program about 3 years ago, and aside from looking absolutely fantastic, she has run several 10 mile races "for fun." Great things come from small beginnings, so I wish you the VERY best as you start out on this journey!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Gepetto, thanks for sharing that about your wife and the running. It's encouraging. Maybe I can start losing weight!

Yesterday was SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

Everyone, I started a Couch to 5K thread on the general discussion board. Hoping someone would like to join me. 8)
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for starting the C25k thread! We can keep each other motivated :D Hope your legs are recovering today, have a great weekend!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 am

I had a wonderful week, successful and all green except for Thanksgiving. We got together with 4 other American families, and I had several small slices
of pie. We played table games afterward, very fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:59 am

milliem wrote:Thanks for starting the C25k thread! We can keep each other motivated :D Hope your legs are recovering today, have a great weekend!
Thanks for joining in! I feel really good, just a slight soreness.
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Thank you for your words of encouragement, it's been very helpful for me.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 am

Wow Sweetness, you are doing so well. Lovely to read such positive energy in your updates!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:49 am

ironchef, Snapdragon, I really feel the support when you stop by, thanks !
8)
After Thanksgiving plus a very essy weekend, it felt really good to have my 3 meals today! Also started my 2nd week of the c25k, and that felt good too! Success !
:mrgreen:
Patty

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 am

Sweetness, I have to say that stopping by your thread is always like hanging out at a campfire in mid-summer. Comfortable, warm, great vibe, lots of happiness. Thanks for sharing your successes, and for showing (me at least), what the road ahead can look like!

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

I second Gepetto! :D
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Gepetto, Eschano, how nice to come back on here to such encouraging words!

I'm having a tough week. Woke up about 4 a.m. Tuesday with pain in my neck, shoulder, back, and arm. I did see my doctor tues, and he thinks its caused by nerve and muscle pain, or possibly but less likely gall bladder ( not heart). It's gotten worse. I'm laying down on a heating pad now. :cry:

On the plus side, my No S habits are good. We had a family over on tues nite for supper, and other than having seconds on soup, it was success, and I'm going to color it green. :mrgreen:

Yesterday was also success, and I also went for my c25k jog in spite of the pain. I took it easy, and the rest of my body felt good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Sweetness your doing so good! I havnt been able to get my act together re couch to 5k. The weather is great today might do something. I had to take myson to the ER last night, I slung him over my shoulder and as I was leavin I rolled my ankle off a step and couldn't break my fall without dropping my son. He is okay, my anke isn't bruised or swollen but really hurts. See later how it's doing.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139

eschano

Post by eschano » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Well done Sweetness! Enjoy your S days.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Snapdragon, Thanks for stopping. What a tough day for you. I'll pray for you and your son.

Eschano, thanks!

I'm still in pain, but saw a chiropractor and he is hopeful that I'll get better in time for my road trip to Michoacan on Tuesday (another state about 8 hours through mountain roads). If we were leaving today I would certainly send my DH without me. I have been looking forward to seeing my dear friends in their new town, though.

I thought I posted here last night I guess I forgot to submit my typing! :cry:

I finished the month successfully I claimed an NWS (S for Sick) day yesterday. I had a snack in the wee hours when I was up and in pain. Most of the day was normal No S, however.

So the month looks like this with no red days: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :|

Looking forward to a December challenge and hoping I can stick with the green!
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 am

I love that happy looking month :)

gk

Post by gk » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

WOW - look at all that GREEN. I'm so happy for you!!!

Sorry to hear you are having pain. :( Hope you are feeling better soon. If you have to take breaks on the couch due to the discomfort, bring your laptop with you, so you can pull up your No S thread and admire the long line of green successes you've earned - might make it a little more tolerable. :wink: Awesome job. :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Milly, Gk,
Thanks for your kind words.

I have been posting on the Dec. challenge and on the C25k threads, but haven't been here yet this month. I had my first red yesterday :oops: I had bought one hand made coconut macaroon from a street vendor the other day, because you can't always find them here. It sat in my cupboard for 2 days, but yesterday after dinner, it was calling my name! I did cut it in half and ate the smaller half (it was fist size). I did freeze the rest. ANd I was good for the rest of the day. So, so far December looks like this: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:

My neck problem is a bit better, it feels best after exercise. I couldnt go on the trip, however. Gk, I do have to take breaks! I'm lying down on a hot pack with my iPad now. Kinda typing with my thumbs! :idea:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 am

Yesterday was success! :mrgreen: Last night however I couldn't sleep because of the pain after 2;30 AM and had breakfast at 5. That messed my day up. I had a banana after my run because I knew lunch wasn't till after my chiropractor appointment. So I'm coloring today yellow, a Sick day, because it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been in pain. :| On the upside, I just finished week 3 of the C25K program, and the rest of my body feels good especially after exercise. I have been doing some brisk walking on the off days, at least 40 minutes, because I want to. I was having to make myself do a 15 minute walk before!

1st week of December: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :|

Have a great weekend!
Patty

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 am

Hey Sweetness, well done on keeping that red day contained! Stopping after a small slip is a real victory.

Enjoy your weekend!

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 am

Sweetness wrote: 1st week of December: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :|

I'd say that's a real December success. I think it's important to remind ourselves that it's ok to fail for a really good reason in HOLIDAY SEASON as long as it's still restricted. Oolala gave me the brilliant advice to allow myself 2 extra S days on top of the normal ones. :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

Support for eschano's comment on containment! A red day for half-a-macaroon, that's AMAZING control! Kudos for your strength to freeze the other half, and for your integrity - keep up the awesome work, and let that red provide fuel for those greens a'rolling in!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Eschano, Gepetto, Thanks for your supportive comments! I may just allow myself another S event today. I'm off to work on some handmade cards, bookmarks, and giftbags for our pastors wives' group, "Amigas" (50 gift bags). My friend said she would keep the food coming. she's an awesome cook and baker... .Dont know how to do it otherwise... I don't think I want to refuse all food just because I already had breakfast ... Very early! Plus I'm going out to dinner with my Sweeetie because we missed our date nite with him being gone... Hmmm... NW S day?

My weekend was mostly tame. A few treats. Would you believe I forgot about that macaroon in the freezer? It will be still yummy on Saturday I'm sure...
Monday was success, as was Tuesday... So the month is shaping up like this...

8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 pm

I have a vague NoS mod that involves being able to eat delicious homemade treats provided (unasked for) by very good friends. I know some very good bakers and hate to say no if they have brought something over especially! It happens extremely rarely (perhaps 2-3 times I can remember since I started NoS) so I feel ok about it. I can't remember if I mark it as green or an 'S day' but whatever works for you!

I do love your happy little faces :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm

milliem wrote:I have a vague NoS mod that involves being able to eat delicious homemade treats provided (unasked for) by very good friends. I know some very good bakers and hate to say no if they have brought something over especially! It happens extremely rarely (perhaps 2-3 times I can remember since I started NoS) so I feel ok about it. I can't remember if I mark it as green or an 'S day' but whatever works for you!

I do love your happy little faces :)
I like your mod! And if you go to someone else's house? Wed. was pretty tame for an s day. After such an early breakfast I was hungry when I got to my friends house at 10. She had made "ponche" a sweet punch with lots of boiled fruit in with it. Definitely a sweet Christmas tradition. I had one cup. Then later about one, we had a snack- homemade energy muffins, cheese, and choc. covered cocoa beans, and peanuts. Then out to dinner with my hubby about 4. We split a big yummy Mexican Tampaqueno meal like we usually do. No dessert. I also had a snack before bed, can't remember what.
Thurs and Fri was success, we went out with friends for dinner yesterday and I even passed on the jello that came with the meal even though I was having a very painful day!

I've been keeping up with the exercise, just finished week 4 of the C25k program. I feel so good after my jog!

So far December looks like this :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 am

Sounds like a lovely S day :)

The mod works for any environment, your house or a friends. I can and do say no to offered foods, if I'm really not hungry I wouldn't eat for the sake of it! Like I say, it's actually not happened that often. I remember once I used the mod to accept a single Belgian chocolate brought back from Belgium after a trip by a colleague. Absolutely delicious and almost required to stop at one those chocolates are so rich!

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Congratulations on the C25K progress!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Milly,
I think I will adopt your mod, and call it an S event when it happens, telling all and calling the day a success if I limit it to that! Some things you just can
t pass on, like belgian chocolate... :P :mrgreen:

Gepetto, Thanks! I hope its key to finally losing weight, but I feel so much better it will be worth it even if I don't lose wt. :idea:

I like seeing my smiley faces, too. So the month looks like this so far... :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8)

Definitely would like to get more green in my month! Of course the Dec challenge I have lots of green cause I'm also keeping up with exercise every day and portions most days!
Last edited by Sweetness on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 am

Just browsing around. Nice going!

Wanted to say it was not my brilliant idea to allow for two extra S days, though I'm glad to be the bearer of glad tidings. That's actually Vanilla. Reinhard says you CAN (but don't have to) declare two extra S days per month for birthdays, HOLIDAYS, etc. The longer you're at it, the more likely they will become days with an S event, rather than an all-day eating affair. It just won't be as much fun anymore to eat all day. And my first several months, I took none. Didn't want to.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 am

oolala53 wrote:Just browsing around. Nice going!

Wanted to say it was not my brilliant idea to allow for two extra S days, though I'm glad to be the bearer of glad tidings. That's actually Vanilla. Reinhard says you CAN (but don't have to) declare two extra S days per month for birthdays, HOLIDAYS, etc. The longer you're at it, the more likely they will become days with an S event, rather than an all-day eating affair. It just won't be as much fun anymore to eat all day. And my first several months, I took none. Didn't want to.
Wow, good for you. Thanks, Oolala. I know about the two holidays on vanilla, and it is good news. Personally, I know I will have to take either Christmas or Christmas eve as an S day, and I've already taken two extra S days this month (one was a sick day) so I might just take Sat or Sunday as an N day...

Today was a success! :mrgreen: My hubby says we need to cut back on portions, because he's not losing weight. Wow, but I think I am. You see, he pretty much eats the same as I eat, except for breakfast and on weekends. I dish up his plate the same as mine. Which means my metabolism is definitely accelerated, because he used to eat lots more than me. Its the running! I just started week 5 of the C25K program. And I am walking at least a half hour on the off days.
:D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8) :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 pm

You go, runner you!

When my wife is running a lot (getting ready for an event, etc.) her metabolism seems to accelerate too, as she just seems to melt away. Although I can never notice it in her, she says it slows just as fast when she's not running. That or her clothes shrink like mine when there's been too much eating. But I never notice it.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Gepetto wrote:You go, runner you!

When my wife is running a lot (getting ready for an event, etc.) her metabolism seems to accelerate too, as she just seems to melt away. Although I can never notice it in her, she says it slows just as fast when she's not running. That or her clothes shrink like mine when there's been too much eating. But I never notice it.
Thanks, I have been keeping up with the running! I'm actually ahead on the program. I will start week 7 on Saturday. I ran for 25 min straight today!

Eating was good all last week, then 4 S days in a row, and yesterday was a fail, after sweets on the 25th, I had seconds on soup,for lunch! My body rebelling I guess, and my will too...at least it was just soup... And a few nuts later.
:D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :oops:

Going for green today!
Last edited by Sweetness on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am

From soup to nuts... an honest fail, but a minor one, I'd say.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 am

oolala53 wrote:From soup to nuts... an honest fail, but a minor one, I'd say.
Thanks, I like that "from soup to nuts!"

Today is GREEN all the way. I was smart and made grilled cheese to go with the soup today. A little bowl of granola with a banana for supper. :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 pm

OOPS, yesterday was a Fail, I have to put the food away before I have my after dinner coffee. Just an avocado slice and a little bite of chicken, but then in the evening I gave into the thought, "Oh well, I'm red already" and ate some granola. :oops:

I think I gained a couple pounds this week.

Running is going well at least. The weight will come off!

:D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: 8)
Last edited by Sweetness on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am

If you didn't overeat by 7000 calories, it's not fat weight gain. Just playing with water and waste! Keep going for green N days.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 am

oolala53 wrote:If you didn't overeat by 7000 calories, it's not fat weight gain. Just playing with water and waste! Keep going for green N days.
Thanks, Oolala, not sure how many calories a whole plate of cookies has!

I was able to finish December with a good strong green yesterday! I'm eating more fruits and veggies yesterday and today, and feel much more satisfied! :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :| 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: 8) :wink: :mrgreen:

Today I did well food wise, 3 small plates. :mrgreen: Stressful afternoon, found out my Mom is in the hospital with a small heart attack. So far away. I did talk to her tonight though and she sounds good. Also sad for some friends who lost their son this morning- pancreatitis, such a shock! He was only 36 years old...
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Yesterday was success with an OOOPS. I'm allowing myself 5 of them this month. We went to Mexico City, had to leave at 6:30 AM. I had my little smoothie, but no breakfast. It was noon by the time we were done with our meeting. Hungry by then, and they served us hot chocolate, bread, and animal crackers. Could call it late breakfast, but it was sweets. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm

January so far is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've been keeping up with the running, and adding fresh fruit or veggies to every meal, and sticking with small plates. I feel much better.

Will be going back to Minnesota to help my mom and Dad for 3 weeks. I fly out on Friday.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Nice plans.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 am

Good work on the green Sweetness, glad you are still enjoying the running :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 am

Ironchef, Oolala, Thanks!

I'm hoping I can keep up the running in Minnesota. I'm hoping to be able to run outside, but the cold air may be a shock to my system even if the snow and ice are not dangerous. I might try the big indoor Mall near my parents house. They open 2 hours early for mall walkers, and I run pretty slow, sometimes fast walkers pass me! I guess I can do speed walking instead if someone says something!!
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the support on my thread, I do appreciate your kind comments! You are doing fabulously, I say try indoor running at least :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

Milly, Thanks, I appreciate you too!

January so far is looking good! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Boy, it looks like you still have quite a green streak going! You're doing great! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm

gk wrote:Boy, it looks like you still have quite a green streak going! You're doing great! :D
Thank you, thank you ... Can you see me taking a bow?

Yesterday was also green, and today should be too. Tomorrow I take a NWS day for travel... Up very early.... Car... Bus... Mexico city Airport... Plane... Houston airport... Plane to Minneapolis... Get bag... Car... Then home to my boys in Minn. after a 16 hours of travel. I just want to be able to eat when food is available. :roll:

The month looks like this including today. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Look at you go, you stud!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sweetness

Re: Hey

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm

tobiasmom wrote:Look at you go, you stud!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks, I did! It's been a bit crazy since I got here, with caring for my Mom and Dad, a friend in the hospital to have her toes amputated, a 4 day conference, and lots of car trouble, plus dropping my cell phone in the toilet! :roll:
I just updated my habit cal and Jan challenge today, first time since the 10th. I've had 3 reds for no S since then, but have been keeping up with my C25k. Since I arrived back to the deep freeze in Minnesota, I've run 3 times outdoors and 2 times indoors. It's the coldest it's been in 4 years right now. I had car trouble and I'm kinda proud of myself for taking the bus yesterday to the indoor mall, and running for 30 minutes to finish week 9 of the C25K program! :mrgreen: :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen:

For No S, the month looks like this: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: 8) :lol: :oops:
Last edited by Sweetness on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Yeegads, I saw that the high in Minneapolis will be 1 degree today! Can't even imagine walking to take the bus!

Congrats on all the good work you are doing.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

Wow! You are definitely hardcore! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 am

Oolala, Amy, Thanks, it helps that I am a native Minnesotan, and I have all the warm winter clothes and gear, AND I'm not afraid to wear it all! That said, I added my set of footprints to only 5 other sets the other day in the fresh snow by the lake the other day at 10 AM, so I guess I am kinda hardcore. I just really love to run outside!

This week feels a bit better than last week, but I guess its only 3 greens again, January looks like this, it will all be better when I get back home to a routine. Feb. will be better! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: 8) :lol: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :wink: 8)

On the plus side, when I arrived here I was 5lb lighter than when last I weighed in October, and I have lost two more pounds since I got here to the frozen tundra. Maybe I burn more calories when I run in the cold. :roll: 8) :lol:
Last edited by Sweetness on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

January looks pretty darn good overall, good for you having any green days when your routine is all out of whack!

Also, much respect for your snow running, you're braver than me :D I have to say I also love running outside though, a treadmill doesn't appeal at all even in the rain.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 am

Actually I think you really do burn more calories when you run in the cold - all the more reason to get out there and do it, right?

I am personally a wimp when it comes to exercising outside in the cold and I love the treadmills at the gym during the winter. Maybe I should reconsider? :wink:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Pick the activity you'll actually do!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

oolala53 wrote:Pick the activity you'll actually do!
100% agree - I've always had trouble being consistent with exercise and have only managed it with things that I really enjoy. As it turns out, that's running outside! I also did well doing weights at home.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Well girls, I did my last run in the cold and ice this morning. Good thing I got out there early, the temp has been dropping all day! Tomorrow it's back to sunny Cuernavaca. 8) there ill have to get up early to beat the heat!

Amy, I agree with the others, do what you enjoy most!

Milly, you better do some training if you really want to do that Tough Mudder! I know my 57 year old body couldn't do it, but then again, I never thought I could do running or like it either!

Tuesday was success. :mrgreen: Yesterday not so good :oops:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Well done for today's success :)

The tough mudder crowd suggest being able to run 5 miles, do 20 push ups and 6 pull ups. Well, I can run 3 miles and ur... that's about it haha :D I've got 8 months to train! 3 months ago I didn't think I could run 3 minutes in a row now I can do that and barely break a sweat! Amazing what the body can do when you lever it off the sofa and shove it out the door...

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 am

Milly, I can't wait to hear how your training goes! Kudos to you for even thinking about it!

Heres how january finished out, pretty sorry, but like i said Feb. will be better! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: 8) :lol: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :wink: 8) :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :roll: A lot of stress with my parents this week, and I took the 31st as an NWS dAy for traveling. It's good to be back in the warm with my DH, we really missed each other but face time on our IPads helped a lot.

Yesterday was green, and I ran for 35 minutes in the morning :mrgreen: My man was so happy for home cooking! I tried a new recipe, it was awesome... Southwest zucchini skillet from spark recipes. Today was an indulgent S day. We had our date this aft. Dinner and a movie with smuggled homemade popcorn, then frozen yogurt sundaes. Stuffed but happy! :D
Last edited by Sweetness on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 pm

I just tried searching that recipe at Spark and it gave me Simply Bake Tilapia with roasted vegetables. Go figure.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm

oolala53 wrote:I just tried searching that recipe at Spark and it gave me Simply Bake Tilapia with roasted vegetables. Go figure.
Here's the link: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-d ... ipe=693977

Spark always has a recipe ad that shows when you do a search, you have to scroll down further, but even then its sometimes frustrating. I was actually searching for another favorite zucchini recipe when I found this, so I emailed the link to myself so I wouldn't lose it. BTW, I used ground beef, real sour cream, fresh chopped tomatoes, and green salsa in mine because that was what I had available, then I served it with tortilla chips with more sour cream, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro on top for a garnish. YUM.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Yesterday I went out for my run before church. That felt so good! It is still cool here in the mornings before 10. So nice to be back in the warm, although the hottest season is coming in about a month, the weather is almost perfect now. 8) Went to a superbowl party at friends' house yesterday. Ate a bit too much, but that's what S days are for sometimes. It feels good to get back to an N day today, looking forward to a green week!
:mrgreen:
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 am

Thank you for that link, Sweetness!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 pm

sounds like running is going well! i started c25k back in june 2012 and how amazing it is to run 4.2 miles now! you can keep building on your successes
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 am

MJ, just curious, how long does it take you to run 4.2 miles? I'm amazed that I can run one mile, but I think I'm running about two! I couldn't run two blocks before!

Well, I was right, February is going better so far. It's nice to be back in a more normal routine. So far it's a green week with one S event yesterday morning. I had a meeting in the same restaurant we went to on our date on Saturday. They had their yummy not so sweet Danish rolls (they were all out on Saturday) so I had one. I did my run on the way to the restaurant. I think I'll stick with 30 minutes of running till my knee gets used to it. The rest of the day and week so far is green. February looks like this so far :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am losing weight, finally... In October I weighed 197. Last week I weighed 189, so that's 8 pounds down. 8)
Patty

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Patty, congrats on the 8 pounds down! I have just re-started my journey, and I weigh in on the first of the month, so I have a while to wait before I can (hopefully) see a lower number. I will have to live vicariously through other people's success for now. Thanks! :D

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss and on your happy looking February so far :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 am

MJ, Milly, Spirit, Thanks!
Sweetness wrote:I just now looked up my advantages for losing weight I wrote down last summer, they're still good today! Good reminders, maybe they will help with motivation on portion control!
Sweetness wrote: 1. I'll have more energy
2. My clothes will fit better
3. I'll look better.
4. My knees will feel better
5. Clothes shopping will be more fun
6. I'll be healthier and live longer
7. Food tastes better if I'm hungry for my meals
8. I'll feel more in control.
9. I'll have more self confidence.
10. I'll be happier when I look in the mirror.
11. I won't have that sluggish, overfull feeling

Good Keys to Success!! :mrgreen:
Posting these good reminders again. I think I should read them every day again.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 am

I highly recommend reading them every day, even a few times a day for awhile.

Eight pounds down while eating sanely! That's a coup.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 am

I like those reminders! Will be writing them down. :-)

4.2 miles takes me 46 minutes on the treadmill. My outside best time for 4 was 37:49. So I have worked up from about an hour to do 4 miles.

Don't worry so much about how long it takes you, just focus on personal improvement. Right now I am training for distance so its OK however long it takes. I started out a year ago never really running any significant distance.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm

MJ7910 wrote:I like those reminders! Will be writing them down. :-)

4.2 miles takes me 46 minutes on the treadmill. My outside best time for 4 was 37:49. So I have worked up from about an hour to do 4 miles.

Don't worry so much about how long it takes you, just focus on personal improvement. Right now I am training for distance so its OK however long it takes. I started out a year ago never really running any significant distance.
Excellent! Thanks for answering. I look forward to more distance. I am running a bit faster. I think my knees will get used to it and I'll be able to do more. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 pm

oolala53 wrote:I highly recommend reading them every day, even a few times a day for awhile.

Eight pounds down while eating sanely! That's a coup.
Thank you!! You're right, even though in January I had several fails, I was eating sanely, all but one day. Today, I put on a blouse I bought in October, and it is so loose on me. All my clothes are looser, and I feel so much better about me. This is a green week and it feels so good. February looks like this so far: :mrgreen: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Great job! :D

Sweetness

Re: Hey

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:16 pm

tobiasmom wrote:Great job! :D
Thank you ! Today is my birthday, and I feel younger than I did a few months ago, because of No S and running! I'm 58 years young. I had a totally green week, and today I can celebrate!

:mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:52 am

I am so proud of us for our willpower this week. I had an all green week too and it felt awesome! I hope to do it next week but got to take it one day at a time.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 am

Happy Birthday, Patty! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

MJ, Amy, thanks.
I had a good birthday, just me and my DH. He bought a new easy chair for me. For several years we have had nothing comfy in our living room here in Mexico, some of the furniture we had lent out in 2006 was never returned to us, because of an oversight. Not important to him, he likes a straight back chair. I'm the one who likes to,curl up with a book. My new chair will be delivered on Tuesday. Eating yesterday was nice. I had a burger and fries for lunch, had my treats, but really didn't eat too much. I'm so glad S days are finally settling down for me.

I tried the C25k plus podcast from NHS yesterday morning for my run. Hmmm.... It coaches you to run to a beat, it was much much faster than I have been going, and I couldn't sustain it. I need something to work me up to that pace gradually. I need to look around.
Patty