Jocelyn's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Jocelyn's Check-In

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:51 am

Day 1 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - Peanut butter and pumpkin butter on whole wheat bread, honeycrisp apple, coffee with half-n-half and sugar

Lunch - Whole wheat noodles, chicken, and vegetables in peanut sauce

Dinner - Whole wheat pita pizza, green beans with olive oil and vinegar

No-Scale - SUCCESS!

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:34 am

Sounds delicious!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:16 am

Pumpkin butter. Although I like to think of myself as being somewhat cosmopolitan (as cosmopolitan as you can be living in rural Idaho...), I have to admit pumpkin butter is new to me. I imagine it is pretty tasty!

I like the whole wheat approach.

Keep at it!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Welcome. I too never heard of pumpkin butter. Do you make it or buy it?
I'm baaaack.