Marsie's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Marsie

Marsie's Check In

Post by Marsie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 pm

I have put on 10 pounds since rebelling against WW's new pt system in January 2011. After 7 years of calculating and counting, it's time to try something different. Although I have of course appreciated maintaining my 60 lb loss (now 50), living in fear of food doesn't seem like a pleasant long-term strategy. I got the No-S book on my Kindle (great read!) and have been perusing the (amazingly helpful!) posts on these boards, so feel I am ready to commit to No-S. I'll be using HabitCal and the Daily Check In, as so many people seem to find them useful.

Marsie

2011-11-07, Day 1 = Success!

Post by Marsie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:26 pm

B: McCann oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, egg white, milk
L: small tortilla wrap w/turkey, avocado, romaine, tomato, mayo, mustard
D: two small slices of pizza
E: 20-min warm-up, 25-min weights (L2)

Was tempted to be bummed by the choice of pizza, but the slices really were small without too much on them, and they hit the spot. I didn't allow them to give me license to hit the ice cream, so decided to feel really good about today. (The dab of mayo also perked up the turkey wrap to no end. This is the 1st step in getting over my Fear of Mayo!)

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Welcome! This plan is just so freeing! Isn't mayo yummy? ha.

Have a great day!

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Welcome to NoS! It is a pretty sane way to view food/eat isn't it? And to be able to eat what you want (within the rules) without having to obsess over the details!

Marsie

2011-11-08, Day 2 Success!

Post by Marsie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 am

Thanks for the "welcomes"! Love the community spirit here!

B: McCann oatmeal, etc (same)
L: turkey tortilla wrap, etc (same)
D: evoo roasted salmon and aspargus with lemon-caper-shallot sauce
E: 20-minute warmup, 20-minute weights (L1)

Full disclosure: I am having 1 lite Bonbel cheese or 1/2 apple with my 4:00 tea each day, but am not viewing it as breaking the rules. Looking forward to my tea+ keeps me from looking forward to something like a Big Bagel with mega-fixings. Also, I am starting out with very light weights (3 lb) for my weight dvd as I haven't done these routines for awhile and don't want to overdo.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Your meals sound soooo yummy. That turkey avocado wrap sounds amazing! Gonna have to go get me some avocado!!!

Marsie

2011-11-09 Day 3 Success

Post by Marsie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 am

B: oatmeal, etc. (same)
L: turkey wrap, etc. (same except no avocado)
D: leftover salmon & asparagus, cauliflower/cabbage mash
E: 20-min warmup, 25-min weights (L2)

Love the oatmeal breakfast, and the turkey wrap is great, but am out of turkey so will try somethong different tomorrow. The cauliflower/cabbage mash wasn't very good, even with a bit of butter; I think it was a bitter cauliflower. Probably won't try that again as would rather have just plain boiled cabbage with mustard. Didn't get in the weights until 9 pm, but at least didn't give in to the urge to save it for tomorrow. So far, have been ready to eat at mealtimes, but not ravenous, which is good.

Marsie

2011-11-10, Day 4 Success

Post by Marsie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 am

L: cucumber sandwich with butter, cottage cheese w/chives & parsley & garlic salt
D: salmon, cucumber/mayo/lemon sauce
E: 20-min warmup

Enough with the salmon this week, although it's pretty tasty with the cuke/mayo sauce. And Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White makes a nice cuke sandwich, altho to make it outstanding would require more butter than I am willing to use at this point. Had hoped to do my L1 weights, but had a back flare-up so thought it best to just do the warmups. The L1 weights are an optional item in my exercise strategy; my goal is L2 three times per week (back permitting) plus warmups every day. Am pretty amazed at how un-hungry I am. There may be something to this idea of eating 3 sensibly-portioned meals of foods that I really enjoy. Dinner out with friends tomorrow ... we'll see how my first exempt day goes (although I have it pretty well planned out and do not anticipate a total freak-out).

Marsie

2011-11-11 Day 5, S-Day Success

Post by Marsie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:05 am

Weekly weigh-in: SW on 11-7-2011 = 151, CW = 149 (yay!)

L: tuna salad (mayo, celery, parsley) wrap w/romaine, tomato, a little shredded cheese
D: crackers & cheese, chicken breast w/sauce, winter squash w/butter & brown sugar, coleslaw, ice cream & 1 small cookie
E: 20-minute warmup

Out to friends house for dins on this S-Day. Did ok, although maybe a few too many hors d'oeuvres. Dinner was served plated with reasonable portions, altho the food was much richer than I am used to, and I really could have done without the ice cream, but didn't want to be a party pooper. Alka-Seltzer Gold (bicarbonate, no meds) to the rescue. Don't like feeling this full!

Marsie

2011-11-12 Day 6, Semi-successful

Post by Marsie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 am

B: cottage cheese, blueberries, walnuts
L: tuna salad wrap (same as yesterday), chicken broth
D: boneless pork chop cooked with cabbage, chicken broth, 1/2 small potato
E: warm-ups

My back is still wonky so no weights, just the gentle warmups, but at least did them. The pork chop thing was fab: cover chop with Dijon & salt & pepper; sear in evoo, about 3 minutes per side; add sliced cabbage, chicken broth, tiny chopped potato, 6 oz tomato juice, & some cider vinegar; cover and simmer 40 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Had perhaps one glass too many of a delightful white wine, but am counting that as ok because it made for a fun Saturday evening that rounded out such a reasonable no-s day. Am very hopeful that today's r&r will have rested my back enough so that I can get in my 3rd weight workout for this week.

Marsie

2011-11-13 Day 7 S-Day

Post by Marsie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:04 am

B: 2 soft-boiled eggs, 1 slice bacon, on romaine, tomatoes, cheese
L: small turkey wrap with mayo, romaine, tomato, cheese
D: peanuts, cheese & crackers, 2 ribs w/sauce, lentils, broccoli, 1 slice bread with butter, 2 very small scoops ice cream, 1 cookie
E: none ... have decided to make Sunday my 1 exercise S-Day per week

Did fine up until dinner out at friends. Buckets of peanuts and cheese & crackers for hors d'oeuvres, really! It's an S-Day so will let it ride, but am hoping I will remember how stuffed and uncomfortable I am feeling now, and not do that again. Didn't get in my 3rd L2 weight workout, but did do two L2's and one L1 this week, so that is a good start anyway.

Marsie

2011-11-14 Day 8 Success

Post by Marsie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 am

B: fiber one, blueberries, walnuts, milk
L: turkey wrap w/ mayo, romaine, tomatoes; chicken broth
D: leftover pork chop & cabbage from Saturday
E: warmups

Not a good back day so no weights. Did fine with food.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 am

Welcome to No S, looks like you are doing GREAT!!

8)
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

it'sElla

Post by it'sElla » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:36 am

Hi Marsie,

I happened upon this website last Thursday and started on Friday. It was kind of weird because I only had one N day and then two S days. I went whole hog with my S days, but it's okay. I remember Friday morning sitting down to my breakfast: eggs and one slice of homemade bread with butter. It was bizarre to eat bread and butter and I felt GUILTY! I knew I was wrong to feel guilty, but it's hard to let go of all the other "diet" stuff that's been engrained. gah!

Anyway, as I look at what you've been eating, you can tell you learned a lot and formed some great WW habits. I wasn't a WWer but did follow many other diets....obviously unsuccessfully. With this plan I am truly cooking any way I want (no diet cookbooks/recipes) and eat within the guidelines. Maybe I'll make better food choices eventually, but I'm just trying to get my eating under control. After dinner seems to be my rough time. That's okay, it will pass.

Good luck to you!

Ella

Marsie

2011-11-15 Day 9 Success

Post by Marsie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:25 am

B: oatmeal, Fiber One, blueberries, walnuts
L: 10 grain crackers with some peanut butter
D: cheese toast
E: back feeling a bit better; did warmups and L2 weights, yay!

Was unexpectedly house-sitting for friends today and had to forage there for lunch and dins. These are not choices I would have made at home, but they were pretty good considering some of the alternatives that were available -- these are people who keep Double Chocolate Milanos and 4 different kinds of ice cream around on a regular basis! And it was fun to have some pb; put just a smidge on each cracker -- heaven!

Patty, thanks for the encouragement; I love your posts and am fascinated by your Mexican adventures. Ella: I know exactly what you mean. Even though lunch and dins today were perfectly reasonable and very No-S, I couldn't help feeling guilty: Peanut butter! Cheese toast! Not a leaf of lettuce in sight! It's like when I put mayo on my turkey wraps; I keep expecting the heavens to open up and smite me! (It helps to have a sense of humor when dealing with such verboten foods!)

Marsie

2011-11-16 Day 10 No-S Success, Exercise Fail

Post by Marsie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 pm

B: 2 eggs over easy on 2 slices lightly buttered Pepperidge Farm Very Thin toast
L: turkey wrap, chicken noodle cup-a-soup
D: 4 oz chicken breast in Mexican tomato sauce, asparagus roasted w/evoo
E: rebellion! Didn't even do warm-ups

Love the Very Thin bread, not because it's lo-cal but because it gives the correct filling-to-bread ratio; I don't like huge bread that overwhelms the filling. Cup-a-Soup isn't quite as good as I remember from years ago, kinda phoney-tasting; next week I am going to make some homemade soup. Don't know what was up with my exercise rebellion. I did get all cozy and warm in my recliner with a good book after dinner and didn't want to get up. Really need to get the exercise in earlier in the day.

Marsie

2011-11-17 Day 11 Success

Post by Marsie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 am

B: fiber one, blueberries, walnuts
L: turkey wrap, cup-a-soup
D: chicken w/Mexican tomato sauce+shredded cheese+a dollop of Greek yogurt, roasted asparagus
E: warmups, L2 weights

Finally, my wraps are starting to look like wraps vs. really messy tacos. Got the larger size Tortilla Factory model, and have figured out stacking the filling on one side, then rolling. Very professional-looking outcome! Dove into the exercises today gladly and with a willing heart. I do enjoy them, so not sure why I sometimes balk. Took notes during the weight dvd so now I will be able to do the routine without the dvd. That may help; sometimes it's more entertaining/time-efficient to watch a tv show or the news whilst exercising vs. being locked into the dvd. Am very pleased with the no-snacks aspect of this program. Don't want to get over-confident, but eating real food that I like, three times a day, seems to be quelling my snackishness.

Marsie

2011-11-18 Day 12 Success

Post by Marsie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:05 am

Weekly weigh-in: SW on 11-7-2011 = 151, CW = 151 (up from last week?)

B: fiber one, blueberies, walnuts
L: 2 Very Thin cheese toasts, homemade tomato soup
D: lite turkey stroganoff on lite egg yolk noodles, romaine/avocado salad with tomato and evoo/mustard dressing
E: freakin' yard work

Does yard work count as exercise? My body, which tonight is barely able to move after a rousing morning of leaves, weeds, and mowing is saying "You bet it does!" You gotta listen to your body - ouch! Cannot say enough good things about my KitchenAid blending stick ... did a great job on the tomato soup. I periodically toy with buying a food processor, but the KitchenAid always seems to come to the rescue.

Marsie

2011-11-19: Day 13 Success, 11-20: Day 14 S-Day

Post by Marsie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:48 pm

B: oatmeal, fiber one, blueberries, walnuts
L: Pepp. Very Thin parmesan toasts, cup-a-soup
D: leftover turkey stroganoff, asparagus with butter

Still having lots of trouble moving after yesterday's yard session. The form on the warmups was therefore just atrocious, but did get it done!

B: 2 eggs on frizzled spinach, tomato, bacon, cheese
L: Italian grinder, chicken broth
D: leftover turkey stroganoff, asparagus with butter

A busy Sunday, but got most of the Thanksgiving groceries squared away, among other things. Still sore, so skipped round 3 of weights this week. Need to focus a bit more and make weights a part of my regular routine.

Marsie

2011-11-21 Day 15 Success

Post by Marsie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am

B: WW shake with milk, blueberries, walnuts, egg whites
L: 2 VeryThin cheese toasts w/2 slices ham, homemade tomato soup
D: ravioli w/tomato sauce, salad, asparagus, 1 slice bread, cheese

The homemade tomato soup is fab and such an improvement over fakey-tasting canned or cup-a-soup. I am a notorious boring cook: give me a recipe others make to great acclaim, and I can turn into ho-hum. But this soup came out great! Saute chopped leeks in evoo (I used light evoo for a lighter flavor) about 5 minutes until tender, add 8 seeded chopped tomatoes, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp of thyme and simmer 5 mins. Add 4 cups vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Puree until smooth (I used my trusty Kitchenaid stick blender). Add 1 tsp basil, salt, pepper. The recipe calls for 12 oz evaporated milk, but I just put in a splash of skim. Delicious! Next time I'm going to try canned tomatoes (winter tomatoes in New England aren't worth the chopping effort) and chicken instead of vegetable broth.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:02 pm

It must be that time of year. This is the second thread about tomato soup I've come across on the internet.

Maybe I will start a soup thread.

Marsie

2011-11-22 Day 16 Success

Post by Marsie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:03 am

B: 1/4 cup fiber one w/blueberries, 2 scrambled eggs w/2 slices deli ham
L: tomato soup w/parmesan, 2 slices deli ham
D: tuna w/celery and mayo on noodles, tomato soup

Starving in the morning and evening; deli ham might be a little too snackable to have in the house. Used Ronzoni SmartTaste noodles which were quite tasty. Didn't finish exercises until 11:00 pm: not very inspired. Rainy, grey day (to match my mood?) will perk up tomorrow.

Marsie

2011-11-23 Day 17 Sorta Success

Post by Marsie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:35 am

B: fiber one, blueberries, walnuts
L: 2 VeryThin bread slices, 2 slices deli ham, cheese, tomatoes, toasted in butter
D: tomato soup w/splash of Greek yogurt

Had a huge dental filling replaced today so post-lunch didn't have a lot of non-chewing what with my novocaine-deadened head not responding to the lure of a regular meal. But gosh, the lunch sandwich was All World, so don't feel deprived at all. Got the exercise in early which was fun -- gotta remember that the warmups, at least, are a great set-up for the day if done earlier than 10:30 pm (duh). Tomorrow will be a challenge, but hopefully baking pumpkin pie will be a distraction. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

determined

Post by determined » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi Marcie...

I've done WW a couple of times...not as successfully as you...but I am familiar with it enough to never want to do it again! LOL! This plan of eating is so freeing after counting everything that goes in my mouth. And, instead of healing me from eating dysfunction, all that counting just emphasized food. Ugh. I'm so much happier & healthier with NoS. It hasn't been an easy journey, but so incredibly worth it.

I hope you'll be here often & I wish you much success...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Marsie

2011-11-24 Day 18 S-Day

Post by Marsie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Thank you, Janie, for your good wishes! I am still very grateful to WW for helping me lose all that weight, but you are right: No-S seems so freeing after all that counting and calculating. If I get into trouble with No-S, however, I will go right back to WW, meetings and all. Hard to argue with almost 8 years of success, although I do plan on having No-S work for me!

B: 2 soft-boiled eggs with butter (am over-buttering, eggs didn't taste as good)
L: deli ham roll-up with romaine & tomato, cup-a-soup
D: heaven! Shrimp hors d'ouerves, turkey, stuffing, turnip, mashed potato, creamed onions, green beans, gravy, pumpkin pie!
E: good intentions only

If there is one day that is totally worth an S-Day, it is Thanksgiving -- classic turkey dinner is my favorite meal, hands down, and I am thankful that I get to spend it with wonderful friends who are also great cooks. (My pumpkin pie came out great, too).

Had a little fight with my exercise good intentions. Planned on doing warmups & weights, but didn't. Was going to give myself a fail, then decided, hey! it's Thanksgiving ... make it an exercise S-Day, too. Plan to do the same with Christmas.

Weekly weigh-in: SW=153, CW=151, same as last Friday, but a weigh-in like that on the day after Thanksgiving makes me feel very successful!

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Day 19: 2011-11-25 Friday
B: oatmeal, blueberries, fiber one, walnuts
L: tuna w/celery & mayo on thin toast
D: cheese toast (just not hungry at all)
E: fail

Day 20: 2011-11-26 Saturday
B: oatmeal, bb, F1, walnuts
L: homemade tomato soup w/clams, tuna on thin toast
D: 4 oz steak, roasted asparagus w/evoo, mushrooms in butter/wine/chicken broth
E: fail

Day 21: 2011-11-27 Sunday (S-Day)
B: 2 eggs over easy on spinach/tomato/cheese/bacon
L: cottage chese, bb, walnuts
D: bacon-wrapped artichokes, roast beef, potato, mashed celery root, small potatoes, ice cream & one cookie
E: s-day

Am pleased with how the no sugar-seconds-snacks thing is going, but clearly am just not getting the exercise thing done, partly because of my back problems, but they really aren't so bad as to prevent me from doing my gentle warmup/weight routines. Will spend this week focusing on my exercise attitude, scheduling, and "just do it"!

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 pm

2011-11-28 Monday = success
B: oatmeal, blueberries, fiber one, walnuts
L: cottage cheese & chives, mushroom soup
D: cottage cheese & chives

2011-11-29 Tuesday = success
B: Clif kids bar (on the road)
L: Lean Cuisine mac & beef
D: turkey wrapped in romaine with tomato & cheese

Did exercises to flowing music rather than watching tv -- made it more fun. And to get me started with the weights, decided to be less rigid about the reps. The plan calls for 12, but if I tell myself I'm only going to do 6, I think I'm more likely to start, and once I start I do the 12. It's so fun to fool myself!

determined

Post by determined » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Good for you to fool yourself!!! I often think I'm my own worst enemy....anything to outwit my bad habits is terrific!!!

Janie
Winnie the Pooh

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 am

2011-11-30 Wed = success
B: blueberries, fiber one, walnuts
L: turkey wrap, homemade tomato soup
D: pork chop, tomato-peppers-onion sauce

2011-12-01 Thu = success
B: 2 scrambled eggs with Canadian bacon
L: turkey wrap, tomato soup, blueberries with Greek yogurt
D: lots of yellow squash with butter

2011-12-02 Fri = S-Day
B: oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, fiber one
L: turkey/Canadian bacon wrap, tomato soup, blueberries with yogurt
S: cheddar cheese nibbles
D: spinach ravioli, tomato sauce, cheese, broccoli, ice cream

2011-12-03 Sat = succes (at a dinner party, no less!)
B: oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts
L: turkey/Canadian bacon on thin bread, cup-a-soup
D: ziti/sausage/meatballs with tomato sauce, big veggie salad, 2 t dressing
E: an S-Day

Weekly weight in on Friday = 149.5 (SW 153) - encouraging!

And how cool did I feel actually going to a buffet dinner party featuring my favorite foods and having 1 plate, no seconds, and skipping the dessert! No chips! No dip! Just having a lot of fun with a bunch of good friends.

Yes, Determined, any strategy to trick myself out of self-sabotage! Fooling myself and lightening up a bit in my exercise attitude seems to be helping so far (although I do wonder when I'll catch on - lol).

determined

Post by determined » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Congrats! You conquered the buffet!! Good for you!

janie
Winnie the Pooh

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:45 am

Whew ... a busy week getting things organized for the holidays, but stayed on track with No-S and exercise. Friday weight-in was 150, SW = 153. Meals this week were the usual: oatmeal with fruit or eggs for breakfast, turkey or tuna wrap with soup for lunch, protein and veggie for dinner. The homemade tomato soup has really pepped up lunch. Made a great stovetop pork chop thing with onion, peppers, mushrooms, and canned tomatoes (brown chops in evoo, add everything else, simmer 40-45 minutes, freezes well) which I had for dinner two nights. Have been doing better than expected on the No Snacks aspect of No-S. Part of the reason is probably that I am taking the time to prepare meals that I look forward to and truly enjoy vs. just grabbing some fast food or nuking a frozen dinner. Getting the daily exercise done also is helping to keep me focused.

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Away visiting family for the holidays ... quite a bit more of a party atmosphere than at home, but am doing quite well with not snacking, although am eating somewhat more than usual because we are eating a lot of meals in restaurants.

Wednesday, however, was something of a disaster ... had the munchies all day, capped off by dinner out, and I ended up feeling so uncomfortable from eating so much. Am starting to feel like I'm losing my grip, so am going to focus Thursday and Friday on how much I do not want to feel over-stuffed like that! No-S moderation makes life so much more pleasant.

Exercise is ok, but am having trouble getting motivated for the 3rd weekly weights session. I'm not going to make myself crazy while away for the hols over that. As long as I keep up the habit at least two times a week, I think I can get back on track in January.

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

simmstone wrote:So, I'm starting again... but no '21 day challenges' this time (I am too prone to succeeding at these kinds of competitive excercises and then completely reverting, once I'm finished). I just need to get up everyday and try to stick to the plan ...
Things are going ok, but not great ... still partying with the relatives. I loved this quote from Simmstone about "just getting up every day and sticking to the plan". Too often, I am thinking ahead of myself and not focusing on TODAY!

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Here is a quote from Determined over on MrsJ's check-in:

"I have "Floating Fruit"...I usually eat it with breakfast, but some days I keep it until afternoon, when I'm the most hungry. Sometimes I don't eat it...sometimes I do, but it helps me get through some difficult days".

Great idea, this Floating Fruit. I can usually get thru the afternoons without getting wildly hungry, especially if I don't eat lunch until 2 pm, but FF might be a useful strategy for days when lunch is earlier (have FF in late afternoon) or later (have FF at noon) than usual. I don't always have control over when lunch occurs, but I usually do know ahead of time when it will be earlier or later.

Am still doing ok, but not great ... the pre-dinner cheese-crackers-wine with the relatives is just irresistible, so am not in compliance, but on the other hand, I'm using a 1-plate (like small saucer-type plate) concept for cocktail hour, so at least am watching the portions. (That would be the cheese and crackers on the plate -- the wine, alas, is another matter entirely!)

Marsie

Post by Marsie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Finally got home on January 6th, so am getting back to normal-ish. My 3-week family-visiting adventure cost me 3.5 pounds, but they are the Significant 3.5 ... am really feeling pudgy. On the other hand, I know I can be back to square one by the end of January so am not freaking out. I was able to pretty much confine my eating to meals while I was away, so it's not much of a stretch to get back to real No-S.

It's nice to be back to simple eating such as egg whites & toast for breakfast, tuna/tomato/cuke on romaine for lunch, and a chicken breast and veg for dinner, with blueberries and walnuts w/almond milk as my Floating Fruit. I'm even doing simple soup: saute onion and celery in olive oil, add chicken broth and simmer until the celery is tender ... goes nicely with the tuna.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Ooh! Family get togethers are the hardest! I got through an 8 day cruise with no difference on the scale but cannot get through a few days with family without going overboard!

Here's to you for getting back on track!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.