Erada's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Erada

Erada's Daily Check In

Post by Erada » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi!

This will be my nosdiet daily progress check in. My goal is to stick with it with no failures for these three weeks before new years. I think it'll be fitting to start 2012 having already gained a good habit.

I've gained weight after I graduated and started working because I stopped eating healthily and exercising and started sitting on my butt and eating junk all the time. I am not overweight and my bmi is in the healthy range, and yet I feel bloated and like crap plus the water retention and acne issues I never had before.

I will admit that I am counting calories. Mr. Reinhard says the nosdiet is compatible with other methods and so I don't think it's a problem. I prepare my food for the week to come on Saturdays and that's when I count calories once and for all for the week to come, so I'm not bored with counting calories everyday.

No sweets and no snacks are my focus, no seconds is not a problem for me.

I started today and it was a SUCCESS! :D

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi and welcome!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Erada

Post by Erada » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 am

Hey, snapdragon, thanks!

Today at work I was given a small peice of pastry. Though I wasn't hungry I still felt like I wanted to eat it, and normally I would've, but the "predisapproved" concept really saved me and so I just passed it over :)

Today was a SUCCESS!

Erada

Post by Erada » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:58 am

Today I was able to fend off deliciously smelling manakish when offered at work. I'm normally seldom offered anything so I'm not sure why the ispiration to share has started as I started the nosdiet :shock:

No matter, I don't plan on failing, and the daily check in is a tremendous help for me :)

Today was a SUCCESS!

determined

Post by determined » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Erada...welcome!

Passing up those treats is a great start! Everytime we walk away from food we don't need, we're succeeding!

Good for you!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Erada

Post by Erada » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:59 am

I am feeling slightly down today. Nevertheless, SUCCESS!

I just need to learn not to dwell on stuff I cannot control :o

determined

Post by determined » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Erada...You did it. You conquered your day despite your emotions. Those days are the hardest! I had one of those yesterday. I ate fine, but all I wanted to do was sit down with a bowl of ice cream & eat it all. This morning I feel encouraged & ready to make the rest of the week a lovely shade of green. Emotional eating is so hard to beat. Congrats on winning the battle yesterday!

janie
Winnie the Pooh

Erada

Post by Erada » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am

Hey Jaine, thanks! I think having to post my results here is helping, as well as the extremist moderate and "pre-disapproved" points of view. Something else that is helping me is the thought that time will pass anyway whether I'm happy or sad, so why not do my best? I don't know if it's very clear what I'm trying to say here :lol:

Building new habits is difficult, that's for sure. But I am determined to pass these weeks till the end of december 2011 with no failures.

Today was a SUCCESS!

determined

Post by determined » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am

Erada,

You ARE making sense! This is s great place to write your thoughts & figure out which ones are tripping you up and which ones are positive, helpful ones.

You're doing great....you really are.

Have a great day...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

Erada

Post by Erada » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

SUCCESS!

I feel very lonely and I want to satisfy this emotion by binging. But I won't.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:36 pm

All of your as-yet-unmet friends at No-S are supporting you!

Joy

Post by Joy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Erada wrote:SUCCESS!

I feel very lonely and I want to satisfy this emotion by binging. But I won't.
Loneliness can be a strong emotion. Hang in there. Don't give your emotions power. You control them, they don't control you!

:D :D :D

Erada

Post by Erada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Joy and Who Me? Thanks you two!

Today was a SUCCESS!

Though I am doing so well with my noesdiet, I am not doing so well with the other things I've planned for myself. Just need to get myself together and stop being so afraid of failure!

Erada

Post by Erada » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Today is not an S-day, and I went overboard. Sugar makes me sad, and now I'm really feeling it!

Next exempt day I will not and never go overboard.

Erada

Post by Erada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:10 am

The days I missed posting were a SUCCESS!

Today will be one as well :)

Erada

Post by Erada » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:26 pm

I failed thursday, so my winning streak came to an end, sadly. I've overdone it in the exempt days as well, but they are exempt for a reason, so I am not really sweating it.

Today was a non s day.