Yoga check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Yoga poll

Occasional class or practive
No votes
Regular practice (at 1 day weekly) - specify frequency
100%
Ashtanga
No votes
Vinyasa flow
No votes
Other? (specify in post, I will add to poll!))
No votes
Hatha yoga
No votes

Total votes: 3

persphone

Yoga check-in

Post by persphone » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Anyone else using HabitCal to develop or support a yoga practice habit? The only posts I could find were from 2005 and 2006. My goal is yoga practice (at least 10 sun salutations mininumum) five out of every seven week days. Just completed my first week with a Gold Medal! Hope I can keep up the good work.... :D
Last edited by persphone on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Janet

franxious1

Post by franxious1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey Janet,

Nice to see you here!

I do a Hatha yoga class once a week. I wish I did more than that, but one thing at a time, I guess!

Lisa

franxious1

Post by franxious1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey Janet,

Nice to see you here!

I do a Hatha yoga class once a week. I wish I did more than that, but one thing at a time, I guess!

Lisa

freegirl

Post by freegirl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 am

Hi Janet,

Currently I attend yoga class once a week. My goal is too to do some yoga on the weekdays - I was also thinking of sun salutations, since they warm me up like no other poses.

persphone

Yoga check-in

Post by persphone » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi Freegirl:
Thanks for writing and taking my poll! I agree sun salutations are great and I always feel good after I've done them. The question remains tho. why is it so hard to get around to actually doing them?

Janet
Thanks,
Janet

persphone

Yoga check-in

Post by persphone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm

I forced myself to do 10 SS last night at 8:30 PM when I got home from my meeting. I also did 45 minutes of yoga this morning. I am really finding the HabitCal motivating. My goal is practice 5 out of 7 days each week and I want to save my reserve days for later in the week.
Thanks,
Janet

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm probably the only person in Northern California who doesn't know how to do yoga. I've taken a few "classes" but around here, they assumed we already know how to do yoga, and didn't actually teach anything. The "instructors" had their eyes closed, and just did the yoga routine in front of the paying "students."

I can waste my money in less embarrassing ways than flailing and failing in a class full of experts.