serenity's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

grantmeserenity

serenity's check-in

Post by grantmeserenity » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 am

I will confess, this is the second time I have tried the No-S diet. However, before I added so many mods in a way that was only counterproductive. This time, I'm doing it vanilla with a two drink glass ceiling limit. I weighed once today at 130, and will weigh again when the 21 day challenge is up.

Day 1- Success!!

Breakfast- large bowl of toasted corn cereal, 1% milk, and strawberries, cup of coffee with 1/2 cup milk

Lunch-2 fried eggs on 2 small whole wheat bread slices, a dab of light mayo, 2 very large carrots cut up, with a glob of homeade hummus.

Dinner- Sandwich made up of a salmon fillet on two whole wheat bread slices and a dab of light mayo. Side of grapes, a small light cheesestick, and a heated glass of 1% milk with a chai tea bag in it.

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 am

No confession needed! I'm back to after more than just one try at this.

Warmed milk with a chai tea bag! Brilliant! Definitely going to try that.

Good luck and much success!
Laura

grantmeserenity

Post by grantmeserenity » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:26 am

ellgee wrote:No confession needed! I'm back to after more than just one try at this.

Warmed milk with a chai tea bag! Brilliant! Definitely going to try that.

Good luck and much success!
Thank you Laura! I'm suprised that you think it's brilliant and not weird. I love it though! Thanks for the encouragement! =)

grantmeserenity

Day 2- Success!

Post by grantmeserenity » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:28 am

Day 2- Success!

My day 2 went fairly well! I'm a little hungry now, but I'll live.

Breakfast- Large bowl of toasted corn cereal with 1% milk and grapes. Milky coffee.

Lunch- 6 inch Subway Tuna sub, no cheese, wheat bread with lots of veggies. Milky coffee

Dinner- Curried red lentils with a side of creamy spinach

grantmeserenity

Day 3- Success?

Post by grantmeserenity » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 am

I will count today as a Success.

The only thing I am concerned about is the large amount of beverages (non-alcoholic) in which I consumed. Would they count as illegal snacks? I am afraid I went overboard. For now, I will not worry about them as compliance to No S is my number 1 goal, and having my beverage crutch will help me. However, after my 21 days are up and if I don't lose any weight, I may put a cap on ALL beverages aloud. (As my montly mod)

Breakfast- Running late, so 2 light cheese sticks and a cup of grapes

Lunch- 2 small ww bread slices, dab light mayo, 2 fried eggs, 2 carrots and hummus. 2 cups milky coffee.

Dinner- Curried red lentils, 2 slices ww bread, light cheese stick, 2 carrots, 2 cups coffee with cream

later that night I had a glass of milk warmed with a chai tea bag

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 pm

You are doing great and beverages are allowed. You will decrease them naturally when you no longer need them. Your idea to get the 21 days in before worrying about it is a good idea.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.