I'm new. Super stoked to try this, any advice..

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Krichelle

I'm new. Super stoked to try this, any advice..

Post by Krichelle » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 am

So I have been on every diet known to man and I am super excited to try this one. Sounds so simple.. It freaks me out that I can eat white bread and yummy sauces and have sugar in my coffee every morning.. but i'm going to do it.. Any advice for me will help. I love that the guy doing this is a computer genius. I think it will take someone who is not a health food professional to get to stay skinny this time. Funny how life works. : ) :D

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome! No-S is simple, but not always easy. The best advice I can give you is not to give up on yourself when you have the inevitable slip up, give yourself plenty of time to build the habits, and take advantage of all the support and wisdom shared on this message board.

If your goal is peace with food, you came to the right place!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:36 pm

start out very strict and take the S's very carefully on the S days. I started out right off the bat thinking that it was a free-for-all, and I'm sure I would have done better if I'd have been more careful. It's hard to reverse later.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

3-0-7 girl

Re: I'm new. Super stoked to try this, any advice..

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Krichelle wrote:So I have been on every diet known to man and I am super excited to try this one. Sounds so simple.. It freaks me out that I can eat white bread and yummy sauces and have sugar in my coffee every morning.. but i'm going to do it.. Any advice for me will help. I love that the guy doing this is a computer genius. I think it will take someone who is not a health food professional to get to stay skinny this time. Funny how life works. : ) :D
Our founder is a computer genius for sure. He has put a name and message boards and so many things to a way of eating I practiced in the 90's and had huge success with it. I lost down to a weight I liked and stayed there. Then I got some nutball thinking going :roll: and thought I'd try to eat only from a stomach growl!!! :evil: Didn't work LOL. Not by a longshot. :twisted: So I have another 16 lbs to get back to my fighting weight.

THIS WORKS 8)
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)