Deb's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carolejo

Here we go...

Post by carolejo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm

Deb's BEFORE photo:-

Deb's DURING photo (January 2006):-

Remember folks, there's no such thing as an "After" photo here. NoS is for life. After is for when you are dead! 8)

This is a pretty good representation of steady, sustainable health improvement by Deb. I think she looks really good here.

Go Deb! You're the bestest! :lol:
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:25 pm

GOOOOOOOOOO DEB!
Rock on with your bad self!
That is awesome.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Last edited by gratefuldeb67 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:41 pm

Deb, I just wanted to tell you that you look *amazing*. You are a gorgeous woman, and you are such an inspiration! Like you always say, slow and steady weight loss is key. Thanks for posting your photos.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Awwww..... thank you Cynthia!
That was very sweet of you to say!
Hope you are having a nice day....
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Deb you look great!!! you can definately tell the difference...but you still look pretty in the before pic too. :D keep up the good work girl!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:26 pm

Hey, and I just noticed that completely by chance, your pictures are at the TOP of a new page, so they'll greet us all for the next 20 replies or so!

Yay!
C.
CaroleJo

KrazyKat

Post by KrazyKat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Deb;
Thanks for starting this! You look great and I sure can see the muscle tone!
AND weight loss; LOOKING GOOOOOOOOD!
Kat

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:56 pm

Way to go, Deb!

I've always found those before and after photos where people go from obese to chiseled to be uninspiring--either drugs or genetic superhumanness are behind those. To see real change like you've shown above is definitely inspiring!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Doula Krazy CJ and Spork....
Thanks so much!!! I'm glad this is inspiring.. That's why I keep bugging our leader to start a page for all of us...
A picture is really worth a thousand words... And in my case 10 thousand words... Badum bum crash!
I'm working on my superhuman powers but am weaning myself off the old drug taking Deb of the past...
Actually I once lost a lot of weight fast with the help of Ma Huang supplements that I was taking with Herbalife, for about four months?
Guess what? All the weight I lost then, came hurteling (sp? LOL) back onto me when I stopped using the uppers..
What a surprise! :twisted:
NoS is maintainable and if it wasn't I would have gained all my weight back already... Probably..

But expect to see Superwoman in another year or two!
Thanks again!
Signing off till tonight...

Peace and Love,
The, now famous or infamous *realistic* poster child for NoS, :lol:
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:51 pm

Very inspirational! I can see the muscles! Maybe you should start challenging people to arm-wrestling contests. :D
Does this make you a picture-posting-poster-girl?

peetie

Post by peetie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:37 am

Deb,
Will NoS give me your gorgeous smile? If you could bottle it, you'd make a fortune!!!!

Peetie

Shameless Hussey

Post by Shameless Hussey » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:43 am

Deb, let me also offer you congratulations. Your sustained effort and good habits have paid off! :D

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:02 am

You really have inspired me...especially when adding that the first year you followed the plan 80%

I really am happy for you and have peace that I can continue eating like this especially after my rough week.

So, thanks!

Kevin

Deb

Post by Kevin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 am

You rock, Deb. Out loud.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:35 am

Good on ya mate. I've had a couple of bad days, but you've inspired me to keep going. I'll wait for a visible change before I post piccies of myself. No point in having a before when I haven't yet got a during!!! or is there?

Keep up the great work Deb, does Reinhardt present gold stars for the most persistent poster? You'd win hands down!!!
NikC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:24 am

Aw shucks! :wink:
Thanks you guys!!!

Peace and Love,
Your posting rocking smiling arm wrestling NoS mate!
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi all! I am sick today.. Started to feel bad last night and needed to get in bed before nine... I guess that zonked out feeling I had wasn't really from the nutmeg, but I am still certain that the dreams I had were!
Last night I had about 1/4 cup of it around midnight and then dumped the other half of the pint into the sink and washed it down the drain...
Not worth it! And not buying that flavor again... LOL...
I had bizzare surreal dreams again last night, ala Fellini meets Alfred Hitchcock and Tim Burton, and they all go on a cruise together!
Nutmeg rules! :twisted:
(Not!)

So, I'm off to get a bunch of cheap ramen, some raw garlic and some oranges and then I'm getting back into bed...
Please send your healing vibes from all around the world to Great Neck NY and into me! :wink:
Boy... Wish I had enough cash to afford delivered Chinese food... I am totally wiped out.... Let's hope this passes very soon!!! Hey at least I don't feel like eating too much... :roll:

Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:39 pm

sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. :cry: Is it a cold? i can't wait for the stupid sick season to be over! :evil:

take it easy and feel better soon girl!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks Trish :)
I wish I didn't have to go out now, but must get something in here to eat..
We are totally empty in the cupboards...
So after that, I'll get to crash out all day.

Have a nice one!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:56 pm

Okay... Back again...It's ironic that it's gorgeous and sunny today though, but I could barely keep my eyes open when driving to the store..

Got Oranges, Garlic, Ramen, frozen veggies, some nice looking cinnamon swirl Thomas's bread... Hot dogs too, since I'm just too lazy for real cooking..
And it occurred to me when I was at the store that there are some advantages to being sick...
Sick days are S days... What a relief! So I also bought some microwave popcorn which I haven't eaten in ages.. Tonight's plans are to watch the DVD release of Alec Guinness in John Le Carre's "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"... while eating popcorn!
I feel a little better already... LOL..

I ate a slice of bread with butter and raw garlic just now and am about to have my nice ramen soup with veggies and some meat thrown in...
Then time for my nap....

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:25 am

Get well soon Deb!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:55 am

Thanks Hunter!
I think I'll be better by the weekend.... The garlic and rest are a good combo for virus kicking!
Have a nice night!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:33 pm

Feel better soon!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:57 pm

Thanks Becky!
I am pretty much all better today.... Amazing what rest and a raw clove of garlic can do! I might have more today... I ate half of it chopped on top of a small piece of bread with some butter, to take the spicy edge off..
The other half I put into my soup, after it was made and it didn't really get cooked, just heated as it steeped in the soup....

I allowed myself three little indulgences over the course of the whole day..... I had half a pack of Keebler cheese and crackers, and in the evening we watched a movie and split one bag of microwave popcorn, on which I put some melted butter and a couple of teaspoon of melted sugar and made "Kettle corn" LOL... Soooo much better than the fake kind with sucralose as sweetener... Also we killed the last cup of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia...

I felt really stuffed yesterday and even this morning!

It's pretty amazing how we have gotten used to *not* snacking.... When we do it, we eat one third of what we used to!!!!

I was totally happy to share the bag of popcorn, but the old me would have had a whole bag.. Not to mention eating a whole pint of ice cream by myself, not half a cups worth!
Yay!!!!!

Boy.. Once Winter is done, I am definitely going to start walking again...
It's rainy and blech out here today, so I'm taking one more rest day....

Thanks for the well wishes friends!
Have a great NoS day and enjoy your weekend!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:44 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Have a great weekend!

Michele

Post by Michele » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:47 am

Hey Deb, the photo's look great!! you seem to be doing the right things. Thanks for all your support, I need as much as I can get.
I had a bug of some sort a few weeks ago, and frozen juice pops were wonderful. I only had 2, but boy did they taste good.
:D

Talk to ya later, c ya.
Michele :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:00 pm

Thanks a lot Sister Michelle!!!

So let's see....

Yesterday I started S'sing after sundown...
Had half of an Entemanns cherry pie!! : all by myself!!! LOL! :P :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen: :D
Today I have hardly had anything except three cups of coffee and one nice meal so far of scambled eggs with cut up fried hot dogs...
Yum!!!!

Boy do I wish I had a big pizza with Spinach and garlic!
That's really what I'm in the mood for...
Maybe we will get one for dinner?

I'm all over my virus in less than 72 hours, which is a miracle and a testament to the power of raw garlic!!!
Thank God! I hate being sick, don't you? LOL...

I did 100 crunches this morning and about 7 minutes of Shovelglove...
After being out of practice with it, I'm warming up to the 14 minutes...
It felt a tad heavy after about five minutes in...
Tomorrow is Yoga and I am so psyched to get back on the mat and be in Larrys class again...

It should be an intersting experience also, in that there aren't any mirrors at this ashram... The club had floor to ceiling mirrors on three of the walls of the room... I am wondering how that will impact the practice...
It will probably help get more "internal", but who knows?
Mirrors can be helpful or harmful depending on what you are trying to see...
For form, it's usually good to be able to check your posture, but it's equally distracting when you are trying to achieve a more internal, and meditative state... I hope I'm not to weak from taking off all this time from class... It's only a 75 minute class, so it probably won't be too hard... I'm used to 90 minute classes... But cross your fingers for me! LOL...

Have a great night my friends!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:17 pm

I'm all over my virus in less than 72 hours, which is a miracle and a testament to the power of raw garlic!!!
Thank God! I hate being sick, don't you? LOL...
I figured that garlic would be a good at preventing you from getting sick. My own personal testimony; after I've had garlic of any kind, nobody wants to be anywher NEAR me for a while, so it makes it less likely I'll catch anything. :D
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Entenmann's cherry pie. Yummy yummy yummy!
I love their stuff.
It brings me back to my childhood.
We always had their pound cake in the house and my mom would always buy their crumb cake when company was coming over!
The Entenmann's selection isn't as big down here as it was in Pathmark in NJ! :(

Anyhoo, it's funny you mentioned the place you are going to does not have mirrors. A friend of mine was very concerned with the same thing when her instructor moved to a new facility but she ended up loving it! You might too.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:20 pm

LOL! :P

Hope you are having a nice day Nathan...
Pax et Amo,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:25 am

I'm sure it will be great Becky!
Thanks!

So, post dinner comments...

After eating six buffalo wings and two large slices of spinach pizza with extra cheese... I can safely say,,,,,

Blerghchhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL.. :P

I cannot believe how ridiculously full I feel!!!!! :shock:

Wow it was a really nice day!
I can't wait till tomorrow!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:58 pm

Happy Sunday all!

I had a great Yoga practice at the new place...
Totally different energy there... Good vibe!
But I was next to a guy who hasn't really learned how to breathe through his nose... He would exhale loudly, very loudly, through his mouth which was really distracting... After about 45 minutes he quieted down though! LOL...
It was like being in Yoga next to an iron lung or something...
Haaaaaaaahhh.....
Haaaaaaaahhh........
Haaaaaaahhh......

That's supposed to be him! LOL...
So hopefully next week I will find a different place in the room to avoid
deepthroat! LOL...

Otherwise, it was great!
Larry is the man!!!!!
What a soothing personality and voice and so energetically right for me!!!
Yay!
It felt pretty comfy and I actually really liked not having mirrors.. There was a softness too the room which was lacking in the other place...
Anway, just wanted to share that and wish you all a nice evening...
So far, S day treats have been two moderate servings of Butter Pecan ice cream... Edy's brand... It was on sale so I thought I'd try it out...
Still.. Haagen daaz is the best...
I feel happy and relieved that the Yoga has worked it's miracle of calming me down and helping me stop worrying... Wow.. it's so helpful in creating peace in my life!!!
Yay!!!
Latest Richie saxophone news:
He is now entering the world of major and minor pentatonic scales!!!
Cool!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Hey Deb, glad you are doing better! My older daughter (13 yr old) plays the guitar and the drums and so does my middle boy (soon to be 16). And my daughter also sings...too bad you guys are so far away, they could use a good sax player in thier band! :D Tell Richie we are rooting for him! :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:41 am

I am so glad you had a nice yoga session!
Richard seems like a really good kid and musician to boot!

Next week, wait for the guy to sit down first. Then you can go wherever you want!:wink:
That way, he won't position himself next to you because he is thinking he was your yoga neighbor last week!

Have a nice week.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:33 am

Thanks Tricia and Becky!!!
Guitar and drums eh????

You are one patient mama doulachic! LOL...

Yeah Becky... I will see what happens next week...
Part of Yoga is trying to accept things as they are though..
Maybe I should just learn to accept the iron lung guy!

*Not*!!!

LOL....

I'm also going to try out an Ashtanga Yoga class with a different instructor who is said to be very good... I hear it's a pretty heavy duty power workout!
I bet I'm up for it!
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Have a great week too!
I'll be seeing ya!
Peace and Love
8) Deb

Om...........................................................

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:03 am

yes, my son has a drum set :shock: But it's actually ok, he and my daughter both are pretty good, so it's actually music and not just a lot of noise...though my neighbors may disagree... :lol: They have actually played in church service at times and for the youth group on Wednesdays. anyway, i am bragging.... :oops:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:49 pm

Hey all!
Well yesterday we totally overdid the ice cream...
Had it twice during the day.. after lunch and dinner, and then I snuck into it after bedtime!
I guess it's never too late for those "ice cream monster" habits to rear their heads...
I just shouldn't have bought such a huge container..I never did that before...Just carrying it around seemed gluttonous!!! LOL.. You know.. Those Edy's containers that are like the size of an industrial drum!

Yeah, it was on sale, and that was my justification when buying it, but deep down inside the little conscience voice was saying "Deb, you know you are going to over do this with so much temptation laying around... That ice cream will never last till next weekend!" but I ignored it, and bought it anyway...
So, more expensive or not, I'm sticking with good quality, smaller portioned Haagen Daaz in a pint!
Couple of interesting observations though:

Normally we really don't overdo S days anymore... At the beginning stages we had plenty of S days which were fairly decadent, but they tapered off over the past six months or so.. Now, it just doesn't even feel right, though it's an S day, to oversweet... I'm assuming much of this is simply trapped Wintertime boredom syndrome..
It's not even that cold but we are dying for Spring already...

The other interesting thing is, my son Richard never had any problem with seconds, and not really with snacks... His demon was sweets...
He was the original cookie monster (I know, Tricia, you think you were! LOL.. But he could eat 9 cookies at one sitting!) and what is interesting is that since we have severely changed our habits over time, when we go and eat something really rich and sugary, he seems to have developed almost an allergic reaction to it, as for the past two months, each time he buys a dessert he complains of how it makes him feel nauseous....
This morning he was totally wiped out, and saying he felt really really tired, and I believe it has to do with the assault on his more purified and detoxed sytem from the extra servings of dessert...

I never thought I'd see Richard react to sweets this way, but though, mentally he is still craving them, in a preprogrammed "bad old habit" way, but his body is assuming a new attitude toward them.. It's becoming a pattern that he comes back to me and says, it made him feel sick...

He had a brownie from the snack machine at the library a day ago and told me it made him feel bad...

Is that weird!!!????
I'm pretty happy actually... Pigging out on candy and cookies thing used to be a serious problem for him and NoS is turning it around! Yay!!!!!!

Well have a great day, and see you all later!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

PS.. I'm about to go dump the remainder of the ice cream now...
I don't really trust myself not to do the same thing tonight and I think wasting a dollars worth of ice cream is better than gaining weight this Winter! I will not backslide for any flavor!!!
LOL...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:54 pm

pps.... I thought you'd find this funny..
I filled the half gallon container with the aforementioned ice cream with hot water and liquid dish detergent...
I'm not past eating the melted ice cream and water, but not with some soap thrown in! LOL...
This is gonna be a great week...
My hopes are to lose about 25 lbs over the year... I gotta start soon..
It's February you know!

Love,
Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Hey, Deb, icecream, water and dishwashing detergent sounds good to me! Seriously, tho, you gotta do what you gotta do to make it easier on yourself.

And I believe our bodies do built a tolerance to sweets over time, and looks like Richie has detoxed from them by just having them infrequently and in lesser amounts. Lucky him to do this so young!

Glad you're feeling this is gonna be your year!!!

Peace and Prunes,
Peetie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:00 pm

Thanks Peetie!!!
God willing, I will have a great year.. I'm really trying hard!!!!
Hugs and soluble fiber!
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:10 pm

Deb, i'm proud of you for taking your child's health into consideration as well as your own...so many parents these days just let thier kids sit in front of the television and eat a bag of chips or whatever and then say stuff like "well yes he's fat, but it just runs in the family.." :shock: Well, no wonder!

my kids are all slim (but then again, so was i at one time!) but i still don't let them eat a bunch of junk...they have snacks, but they are good about portioning things out onto a plate or small bowl and that's enough...they are good at listening to thier own body's signals...

anyway, just throwing you kudos for doing such a great job with your son! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Thanks Tricia!!! You must have quite a great family yourself!
Honestly, this is a team effort..
I wouldn't be as successful without the great support of my cutie pie!
And yeah, I want him to be healthy and feel good about himself throughout his life :)

Have a nice night!
Peace and Love,
(but no Kudos, because they are an S, the snack bars I mean... LOL)
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:27 pm

Hey guys... I really feel pretty wiped and winded... Warning... semi gross post ahead...
My tum tum was acting up big time this morning, and I've been feeling so horrible!!!
I'm also feeling totally exhausted and sad... When my body isn't happy, my mind turns to feelings of total despair... I am sooooo looking forward to feeling better...
I didn't eat that much food yesterday, but I did, relatively speaking, have a lot more fruits and veggies in one day than I have in a very long time, and add to that, the fact that I ordered Kung Pau Chicken with super duper extra killer hot chilis in it...
Normally, in the past, I would be a bit "stimulated" by this kind of food, but it seems that this time I created a type of food "bomb"...

Recipe for gastric distress:
Step one:
Eat a salad made of half a red bell pepper, and celery plus
*Key gas provider: about a cup of chick peas!Then combine with scary hot Kung pau chicken, and be stupid enough to suck on the chili peppers too.. Burn!
Then to add insult to injury, eat a very over ripe nectarine at around midnight....

Step 2: Lay down and go to sleep and then wake up to pain as the "bomb" attempts to detonate in your Large intestines all morning.... :shock:

Well I'm feeling a bit better now, but I'm beat...
I'm gonna try to eat some plain ramen soup.. Boring yes.. Non irritating, hope so!

I am sure that the pressure of having to produce work this Winter is playing a huge role in my body having a hard time with processing normal foods...
Please send your good vibes and prayers our way for a peaceful and prosperous year.. I hate the state I am in financially, and can't wait to hear myself sing a new song already... Many people have called though, about my promotion and a few people have booked too... So that gives me hope!
I wish I could just have a good long cry and get it all out of me...
Maybe tonight I'll try to meditate on all this... I have someone in the office at 5:30 and need to maintain some composure before going into session... I'm sure the session will help me feel better too...
Yesterday I did a massage on someone who I usually have a very easy time working with, but I found myself overworking and ended up feeling pretty physically sapped... My arms were really sore too... That usually doesn't happen with me from my work....
It has to be all this worrying...
And I would be lying if I said I haven't been feeling pretty lonely and sad for a few weeks...
I need a big NoS hug guys! :cry:

Thanks..
Love,
Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Consider yourself squeezed! :D Deb, you know that even though we are all your computer pals and can't see you face to face, that we are still there for you...i know how hard it is to get your own business going, i'm still working on mine! I haven't had a client since last summer (mostly due to my own laziness..). But i know you are the one supporting your family, so i am sending a huge prayer up for you.

take care of yourself and don't give up! Life's valleys are nestled right next to huge mountain tops...keep climbing girl! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:45 pm

Thank you Tricia!
That was so lovely!

I let myself have a little cry just now, and am about to have my little bowl of ramen soup... My belly is quieting down again and I'm just gonna take everything real easy today...

Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Greetings and a huge internet HUG to my all time favourite Nosser. Look after that stomach of yours, Deb. I'm sure you'll be feeling much better soon, but in the meantime I also wanted to let you know that I care about you and want you to succeed and to feel better.

Chin up. Things are getting better, don't forget. Those new bookings are fantastic news! :D

Get well soon.
C. xxx
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Oh thank you CJ!!!
Did you get my birthday e-card yet?

Big hugs back to you!!!
You guys are the best!!!!!

Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:23 pm

Oh, Deb, I would offer you a bowl of prunes, but it sounds like that is the LAST thing you need!

Instead I will offer up a big cyber hug and tell you to just stay in the now more....don't worry about the future so much. Take care of today and you will feel more in control. Looking too far ahead can be daunting. Taking care of now can be empowering!

Love and good digestion,
Peetie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:30 pm

NO PRUNES!!!!!
LOL...

Thanks Peetie :)
Big Hugs to you too!

I'm feeling a bit better already and I just plan on really getting out there tomorrow and handing out flyers for my special promotion and for Valentine's day gift certificates..
I will be handing them out in the glassed in atrium just above where I used to work! I'm really gonna stick it to them!
Heh heh heh! :twisted:
There's a big Waldbaums supermarket there, so lot's of walk by traffic all day... I got the okay of the manager (who was pretty cute too! LOL...) and so that should be pretty helpful in spreading the news...

Well I'm off for the rest of the day...
See you tonight...
Thanks guys!!!
What a great group of buddies you are!!!

Enjoy the day.
Peace and Love,
(and steamed plain rice???)
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:32 pm

Hey Deb,

Sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you're all better now.

The BRAT diet is good for a sick tummy: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast (or Tea). It's good for getting your strength back.

Good luck with your flyers tomorrow!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:35 am

Thanks Jan!!! :D
I will remember to be a BRAT next time... :P
I'm feeling better and hope tomorrow is successful!
Have a great night!
P.S. Richard is typing this for me now. He is my private secretary tonight :D

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:48 am

Hi Deb,

You're my inspiration and have to keep check of what you're up to . Glad you're feeling better. I'm have a crap time at the moment but have to keep the old head up, bum down and stick with it. It sure as hell is hard when you're down. But I'm determined to get over the bad bits and get back onto it.

Had a crappy meeting today and too difficult to go into details because it's work related and hard to explain - you get what I mean - especially when you work for a religious organisation - different issues. Anyway, down today but back up tomorrow (up who!!!)

Go No-S!!!!! :D :D :D
NikC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Hey Nicky Mate!!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
I certainly felt thrilled to have people to share with when I joined NoS, and it's been a great outlet for transforming negative behaviours and feelings for me...
I am real sorry that things are stressing you out at work.. I had a pretty rotten patch with a few bad managers at a club I no longer work at but was at for about nine months...
Sometimes those people who have authority over us are such meanies!!!
But as one of my favorite people, a soul sister I have here on NoS (who seems to be a bit awol these days) Jen aka "fragrant flowers" from Tasmania, mentioned to me, when I was in "manager hell"
The Universe must really think highly of your capacities and abilities to make the best out of this situation since those people are clearly testing you....If God didn't think you were able to deal with this scenario, it wouldn't present itself now... As for strategies on how to cope, you can keep posting here, and I also suggest you call on friends nearby you... That's what friends are for, much of the time... Being a listening ear...
If you feel like venting about that here go ahead... I know it helped me to unload when I was going throught that...
You can say what you want on your daily thread and then there's also the
"Off topic" section which is open to all discussion, barring penis enhancing products or other rudeness! LOL...

Hey! Do something to treat yourself, which doesn't include food... How about scheduling a relaxing massage (plug plug) or taking a bath with some aromatic bath oils, and treating yourself to a fun movie?

Yesterday I didn't stick to two of the rules for the day and it was just out of pure "dumpy downs" feelings... But my body isn't thanking me for it...
Actually, one of the things I had was really really good..
Half a bar of Hersheys chocolate... Richie had the other... And then I had the infamous Hamburger Helper (I think after last night I should call it Hamburper Helper... LOL... I know! TMI!!! LOL...)
I ate two large portions.... :roll:

So I had, overall, a very weak NoS week... I may have even gone up a pound or two... Well heck... Winter is just so challenging and I am basically very inert these days too, with the exception of Yoga a few days a week and my crunches, and massage (hey I guess I'm not that inert! LOL)
But it's not over yet, and I am feeling much sunnier today!
I am just not buying that stuff except on S days anymore...
Funny though.. The chocolate was really medicinal for me, and I didn't eat ten ounces of it... I don't crave chocolate bars all the time, but it really tasted "just right" last night...

Big Hugs Down Under!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Hey Nicky... I also want you to know that I am a manic depressive, or in newer more pc terms, I have bipolar disorder...
So yeah.. I really can relate to just feeling horrible sometimes, but fortunately, I have found many things which help me stay on the positive side...... Incase you wanted to try a fairly safe and fairly inexpensive mood enhancer, you could see if St. Johns Wort might help you snap out of your blues...
I take it regularly, instead of pharmaceutical (evil) medications with horrible side effects, and the only side effect it seems to have is that it increases my sensitivity to light and I tend to get sunburned more in the Summer, so I have to watch that...
Maybe take some vitamin B as well, because having too little of that can definitely cause some depressed feelings....
How about trying a Yoga class???
I am such a proponent of that, at this point, that I'm sure I sound like a broken record.. But it has helped me feel so much stronger... I never in my life felt as much support as I do when I practice Yoga... I feel a strong connection to the Universe and even have had a few "visions" come to me during relaxation... Plus it just feels great to get that breath and sweat going! But in all seriousness, I have had such a rocky emotional life, and Yoga has tapped me into a source of unwavering strength which, before I started practicing, was just conceptual, but is now something which is truly tangible to me.... I highly recommend you look into it as a means of destressing...
And if all else fails, go and get a giant mallet and whack those meanies on the head with it!!! :twisted:

Ha ha.. Just kidding :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Maybe we should start a Hamburger Helper Anonymous group!
About your weak No S week, I had one too. And, I felt a little bad about it.
But, then last night, when I could not sleep, I realized (it finally sunk in) what you and all the other wonderful No S'r's have pointed out, this program is for life. So, we need to focus on a balanced rest of our lives. Somedays are better than others, some weeks are better than others.
You have made so many positive changes, I think it will outweigh this past week.
It's probably at least 95% better than pre No S.
I hope you have a wonderful day, Deb :D
Becky

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:50 pm

Count me in on the Hamburger Helper Anonymous group! :P That stuff is addictive!

Glad you are doing better Deb, seems like a lot of people are having a hard week (me included :roll: ) must be the weather or something.

take care of you and have a great day! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks Becky and Tricia!
Yes Becky, things are definitely 95% better than pre NoS... Bingeing is non existant these days... If I overeat at one or two meals, it feels so wrong, that without much effort, I get back on track the next day... I like the feeling of *not* being stuffed to the gills... That's just old mental preprogrammed stuff, which is slowly, but surely, being transformed....

Ha ha... First we have Avocados Anonymous, and now Hamburger Helper Anonymous!

Well remember that 12 step rule:

Always stay 12 steps away from Hamburger Helper and Avocados... :P
I guess it's just something for S days...
Fortunately my appetite has really changed... Yesterday when I did have that meal of Kung pau chicken, it was the lunch portion, and I didn't even feel like having the pint of soup which came with it... I was really full...

In the pre NoS days of pigging out endlessly, I would eat a dinner portion big enough for three people and have spare ribs (mmmm.... must have them soon!) *and* have soup.... *AND*.... eat Richards leftovers too...

No wonder I was gaining weight! :shock:

If I visited those old patterns again for even one week, I would be so physically and mentally disgusted with the feelings that went with that kind of overeating...

In Spring I plan doing a lot of planting flowers and an herb and tomato garden.... I can't wait... That has always been so therapeutic for me in the past... Being outside, active, doing something fun and positive...
I've had it with being so internal!!!!

Well, here I go to drag my draggy ass away from the computer chair and do my crunches and maybe some Yoga and SG too... LOL..

Have a great day all!
Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Gardening sounds so nice.
I live in a little apartment and dream of not a regular garden but an herb garden.
Unfortunately, Natty and Chicki love plants and herbs :cry:

If for some wierd chance I get flowers, I have to put them on top of my refrigerator. Would you believe they even jump up there to try to get to them? :shock: (Oh, Natty and Chicki are my 2 daugthers. They may be cats but they are my life. My hubby is too, BUT...Natti and Chicki have been around alot longer! :wink: )

Doulachic...you can join HHA too! I think we would have a lot of people joining based on some of the past discussions!

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:37 pm

gee, all my cats do is lay around and breath my air! LOL...well, sometimes they leave me a nice plump mouse on the front porch...EEEEWWWW! My poor kitty is so old now that a nice nap is usually what he hunts for.. :lol: Though both of them will get on my counter if there is food involved...little devils!

I don't know what it is about HH, i swear they put something in it to "hook" you! kinda like "special" brownies, eh Deb? :lol: Not that i would know anything about that...my era was the 80's...though i do have a very funny story about something that happened in one of my high school classes....I was not involved, just a clueless bystander... :twisted:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:48 am

Mmmmmm!!!!
Hamburger helper and special brownies!!!!!! :lol:
LOL...

I think you need to ask CJ about making those as she is our Amsterdam connection! LOL... :P

Had a great day!
See you all manana!
Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:15 am

The Lyra-Cat (my small and furry baby) is fortunately not much of a plant-chewer, although she *did* like the peppermint I had growing on the windowsill for a while! Perhaps she just wanted minty-fresh cat-breath for a change :lol:

As to the Special brownies - most of the decent coffeeshops have stopped making these because it's so hard to judge how much you've consumed and can be a bit dangerous if you overdo it. I had a flatmate in college who used to add some grass to his spaghetti sauce sometimes. I suppose that's the exact same principle though, but in a 'NoS friendly' way :twisted:

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:27 pm

Mmmmmmm spaghetti sauce..............

LOL...

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:22 pm

Well, it is a natural herb :twisted:

My cats go ballistic when there are flowers or plants around. My one cat is always in a pitiful state of confusion (she breaks my heart) and my other cat really could care less about the goings on of the world. But get some greenery and they go nuts. 12 year old Natty turns into a kitten again!

Funny peppermint story. My dog Dallas (who is a doggy angel now) and I went to visit my parents. My mom kept thinking that my dad and I kept eating the peppermints she kept on the coffee table. She would get mad because we supposedly would leave the mint wrappers on the table. We would deny it (but who would believe us, my dad and I ate everything!). One night I kept getting waves of peppermint aroma in the air. I couldn't figure where it was coming from until he put his face to mine and.....breathed! His breath was pepperminty goodness! She moved the mints but he got to them again. I caught him chomping up and down on that mint and enjoying it the same way we enjoy candy!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:47 am

Aw!!! That is very cute Becky!!!

NoS was pretty decent today, with one messup before dinner of eating a few slices of cheddar cheese, which I got to make yummy cheese sauce for our boiled potatoes!
Yummy..
Also, I ate a handful of cashews and some fresh snap peas...

On the great side, I was in the supermarket when I was really hungry, mid-day, in between making and distributing my Valentines day gift certificate flyers (hope they work!!!) and I walked right past the really good looking fruit pastries that were next to the plain croissants I bought for sandwiches...
They looked sooooo tempting!
But I actually heard a voice say "You are pre disapproved!!!"
LOL...

Thanks Reinhard for that great Mantra!!!!
It's tough love, with a really funny and creative twist :wink:

Have a great night all!
See you manana!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:19 am

Great job, Deb! I also had a close call with the bakery section today, but i just kept walking...funny, but i just told myself "hey, i can come back Saturday and pick out whatever i want, i can wait"...and what do ya know? It worked! Sometimes ya just gotta tell that inner child NO! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:56 pm

Thanks Tricia!!!
WE DID IT!!!!

Pre NoS I would use in between meal hunger as a carte blanche excuse to have dunkin donuts dunkacino and donuts, whenever!
"To keep up my energy" was my excuse...

I'm glad I don't use that excuse anymore, since relatively speaking, I have less energy, so I'd be eating twice as many donuts! LOL..

Had a bit of a run in with my Mom, yesterday... But don't want to go into details right now, as it will just drain me more... Maybe this evening you can all get the blech details...

On a funny note,
This morning Richard was getting dressed and when he turned to get a shirt out of the dresser, I did a "double take" because his pants were on backwards!!!!
:shock: When I saw his buttoned and zippered side, with no head, it sure made me laugh!!!!
LOL...
That cutie is skinny enough now, to be able to put his jeans on without unbuttoning them, and he just slides them on...
I guess he was a little groggy today!
:lol:
It was really cute!

Have a groovy day all... Good luck on NoS and remember, the weekend is only one day away!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm

That is too cute! aren't kids funny..? :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:38 pm

OMG!
That is too funny!
Have a great day!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:21 pm

Thanks Goils :wink:
Enjoy S days!!!!
I am certain that fresh tollhouse chocolate chip cookies and cocoa are seriously in order!!! :D

I'm having a very very very late lunch now...
How's this sound?

A small can of delish pink salmon and some spicy Israeli style pickles....
(Gotta go shopping later, hence no bread or anything else! LOL...)

Saw my past life psychiatrist from about 13 years ago... Funny...
He used to treat me for two years, so he had a pretty vivid recollection of what I was like then, since I had over a hundred sessions with him, give or take...
Back then I was probably around 170 lbs... I wasn't really doing too much in the exercise arena though..
Now I'm around 208 and the first thing he said was

"You look great!!!"....

I really think that's cool... I mean, for all intensive purposes, I was pounds wise, in a better place back then, but apparently I must really have changed my appearance in a substantial way, or he wouldn't have said anything...
I mean.. He looked the same to me! LOL...

That was really nice! What an upper!

Also, people seem to be taking my flyers for Valentines day and so I truly hope I get some phone calls real soon :)
I'll be going and promoting for much of the day tomorrow, and probably will bring Richie for some of that time too, to help hand out flyers!
Child exploitation! :twisted:

Then, we are supposed to get 12 inches of snow from Sat eve through Sunday, so hopefully school will be closed on Monday! Maybe we will go sled riding!

Have fun yalls :)
Love,
8) Deb

That guy

Post by That guy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 am

Hey Deb

I was just curious, how did you end up being the Head Cheerleader for the No S Movement? I really think that without that constant 'You can DO it" mantra you chant on our threads that many (including myself) would have quit shortly after starting.

All this said in the most friendly way possible, of course :D

That Guy
(pronounced "That Gee" during hockey season ;)
Last edited by That guy on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting over 07/31/06 @ 262
Current: 262, Goal 160

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:01 am

Hi Guy!

I just really fell in love with this plan and felt very blessed to have found it! That's the simple answer I guess...

Head cheerleader? LOL...
Oh I just like to post (a *lot*), and it's a worthy cause!

I've had some very rough times in my life and believe that I've only been able to get through those times by the divine grace of God...
And I have plenty of angels too...
My son Richard is number one, of course..

I get plenty of support myself, by posting to others... It makes me feel good and part of a very special community! And I also feel very indebted to Reinhard, for being a pivotal player in my life... I was really really desperate and miserable before I found this...
I had been back and forth with crummy diets and gone through all kinds of ups and downs in weight... Nothing ever stuck and the problem was getting entirely out of control....
So, I'm sure, God intervened...
Reinhard is an angel sent to us!!! :wink:
Even his name means angel...
(Engel=Angel)

He was so welcoming and encouraging to me, and not for false reasons, like ego, but out of true caring and concern...
I just want to help others as much as I can, since I got plenty of help from him... Not to mention the wonderful friends I have made over the last 16 months, and the support I have also received from them!.. I don't have too much opportunity to socialize these days, being a single mom of a nine year old... It's nice not to be totally cut off from being able to have a conversation...

Your quote is from Yoda...
Here's another famous movie quote which I'm sure you'll be able to peg, being an obvious sci fi fan, LOL.....

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the one" (I think! LOL..)

In reality, we are all connected, and in some way, what happens to someone, even on a totally different side of the globe, does affect us...
So, I think it was Buddha who said,

You do good... I do good.. It's one big happy family!

(Okay, *I* said that! LOL...)
Yay!!!

Have a great night and thanks for writing me!
Hope you are having a nice evening!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi friends!

I am posting to just nip a major stress eating pattern in the butt (I know it's bud, but butt seems more appropriate for a weight loss group.. :twisted: )

For the past two weeks I've been going back into eat at night mode..
And last S weekend I ate way too many sweets, and just too much quantity...
This weekend has been much worse... I am just reacting to the stress of not having made any sales for over a week... And we have this snowstorm today, so I bought a few comfort foods which I now really regret... Yes they are allowed on S days, but I'm not getting a "treat" when I simply over eat and eat from stress... I know the mindset involved in a sucessful S day...
Actually... I could pretty much eat almost the same foods, on any S day but not feel bad because normally, it's still somewhat self limited...
The real killer is going back to the night time munchies...
Was so disappointed in myself this morning... I told Richard how I was mad about it and felt upset that I've gone back to stress eating... I said, that if it happens again I have to just find some other way to deal with my feelings, like have a glass of water and maybe try to meditate instead of eat stuff... You know what he said?
He said, "Mom you could wake me up and talk to me if that would help"

What did I do in my past life to be so lucky to get this kid in my life!!!!
I know I always mention him, but he constantly surprises me with these wonderful moments... He is just the best ever!!!
I'm blessed tenbillion times!

So I post this in a bloated and uncomfortable state and I'm definitely going to put an end to this behavior...

I think part of me is also overeating because, in some weird way, my mind feels like there won't be any more food this week, because of money.. That sounds crazy doesn't it? It's totally irrational, but I notice that this pattern has existed before... Of course we won't starve, but it's like I'm loading up while the food is here.. :oops:

Thanks for listening guys! :wink:
On the good side, I realize that until this week, I hadn't really eaten at night since I posted those pictures of Reinhard as the "Fridge Sentinel", which seems like a good run of days for a very very engrained habit...
And I feel ten times more uncomfortable than in the past so I have a better body consciousness about it all, instead of being numb...
I'm really happy that even when I have a bad patch here, I know I can just get right back on track... I'm not weighing myself till I do get back on track for a solid run of days, or weeks.... I know that I've been doing half of the exercise I was doing before I left the club, since I only have Yoga once a week with Larry, and haven't tried out others yet, since I've been promoting, and that had to take priority this week... Winter!!!!!!
RAH!!!

Also, on the good side, I didn't let the impending storm and cold weather yesterday keep me from handing out all of my flyers... I must have given out about 80 of them in the past few days... I didn't just randomly hand them out... They only went to people who talked to me for a few moments and seemed interested in massage... If someone walked by me and didn't even make eye contact, I didn't even try to engage their attention... Please cross your fingers that I get even a ten percent response from this promotion... That would take care of all my bills this month... I'm really enjoying promoting in this way... I also found out that the manager who booted me out from the club, so rudely, ended up transferring out of that location just last week! LOL...

When the weather warms up enough that will be an ideal place to set up my chair and keep on promoting with free chair massages...
It's the exit of a supermarket, which is in a glass atrium... So not really outside, not really inside.

Hey.. This was a long post.. Hah.. I just needed to talk, and get back on track...
I'm sure that I'll get *plenty* of exercise later today... We have about a foot and a half of snow outside and a really long driveway... You could park four cars in this driveway...

Thanks guys!
Hope you are all happy and healthy and having a great weekend!!! :D
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:32 am

Hi Deb,
This is Peetie from So. Calif. where it was 80 degrees today. Are we on the same planet? Daughter emailed pics from Virginia, and it really looks beautiful.

You know what they say, Deb. It's not if you fall off the horse that matters, it's how fast you getback on. And you are analyzing what you've been doing, the why's and wherefores, and are planning alternate behaviors when stress strikes again. So, you're making it a learning experience, and that separates the winners from the losers. The pits from the prunes. (Sorry, with you, I can never resist a little dried fruit humor).

Anyway, sweetie, just know we all have our collective fingers crossed for some customer action soon. And, meanwhile, enjoy that dear little Richard.

I was thinking, rather than waking him up to talk, like he offered, maybe just sitting at the foot of his bed and watching him sleep can help calm you down when you are feeling frenzied.

Just wanted to be sure you know how much I care and how much I am wishing good things for you both.

Love and dried fruit,
Peetie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:16 am

Thanks Peetie!!!!
You be as sweet as stewed prunes!
(and just as "moving"... ha ha ha!!!)

Love you California gal!
Peace,
8) Deb

ps... I got an email in response to an ad I answered on Craig's list, for a massage therapist position... I might have a few solid days of salaried work next week, if the interview goes well...
I'm sure it will! Then if the customers start calling for appointments, I will be in the clear...
pps.. I always love to watch Richard when he is sleeping.. He is delish!

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:39 am

Hi Deb,
thanks for your great advice. Your little boy (big boy!) sounds like a sweetie - kids can sure boost your ego. And those gorgeous sayings. My little granddaughter (4 years) says that 'Nanny, I can do that my byself', and she can!
Hope your work situation improves. Wish you were here - you'd get plenty of massage work with my family - they are all massage freaks.
I have to make a resolution to spend more time on the computer, reading the posts. They are an inspiration.
Take care.
NikC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Thanks Nicky!
Massage and other intergrative health care modalities are so much bigger down under, and in other countries than here!
Seems you folks believe in a little thing known as "Preventative" health care.. not just prescribing ten thousand pills...

Maybe I'll end up there one day in the future!
I certainly would like to visit..
One of my friends lives in Byron Bay NSW..
Supposed to be a hippy like healing place!
LOL..

Well off to shovel the big driveway... My landlady is gonna pay me a little money to do it (I would have anyway, but why turn it down?)
and I hear my car has been covered up by the snow plough! LOL...
This will probably take a few hours!!!
I hope I don't freeze my butt off!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:52 am

NoS was just fine today, and I did four hours of shovelling snow, with only a twenty minute break for a small lunch...
Oy-a-yoy!!!

LOL..
I did have a nice cup of hot chocolate though, but I'm letting us have cocoa during Winter as a small comfort, when we aren't in a soup mood...

Felt good to have a non-funny stuff day, and a truck load of exercise!!!

I also have two interviews set up for the next few days.. I have tomorrow to recover from shovelling before I have to use my arms again for massage, so that's a relief, and the three days of work at this chiropractic office Friday, Sat and Monday are going to cover two thirds of my basic bills this month!!!

The Lord does listen to prayer, as this is an answer to my recent pleas for help!

Hope you all have a great evening and I just wanted to know something????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Will you guys be my Valentines?!!! :P

Have a wonderful day tomorrow and please do loads of romantic stuff like kissing people, and if not romantic stuff, at least do something loving!!!
Yay!!! :mrgreen:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:53 am

Hi Deb,

I'll be your valentine friend too! :D

Happy Valentine's day.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:30 pm

Hugs CJ!!!
Have a lovely day!!! :wink:
XO!
8) Debny

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:39 pm

I hope you have a blessed day!
Becky

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:44 pm

Thanks Becky!!!
You as well!!! :D
Hugs~
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:26 am

NoS was just fine today, and I did four hours of shovelling snow, with only a twenty minute break for a small lunch...
Oy-a-yoy!!!
I bet you were wearing gloves when you did this, too. So does that make it another form of shovelglove? 8)

Happy VD!

.. err... Valentine's Day that is... :shock:
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 am

Happy VD!
That's what my last boyfriend wished me!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
LOL!!!!!!!!!

Same to you!

Valentines I mean!
LOL....

Love,
8) Deb
ps.. Yes I was wearing gloves... Wish I had considered "gloves" in the past as well!!!!!!! :shock:

Kevin

!

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:32 am

Oh, Deb...
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:19 am

Deb you are too funny! Gee, i wish i had some snow to brag about....it snowed here a bit, but always melted a day or so later, much to the frustration of my preschooler. :lol: Couldn't believe it when i heard New York (?) got two feet! :shock:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:54 pm

Oh, Deb...
That's what *he* said!

LOL..

Well, just wanted to say have a great day all..
I'm running out to an orientaion/interview for a temp massage job this weekend...
I am really stressing... Nightmares all night long (what fun...) and I had to talk myself into breathing this morning several times...

Next week I'm going down to social services because my electric bill hasn't been payed for a few months and my heat is electric here.. It is crazy expensive and they are already threatening to shut me off... I don't love the idea of being a "taker" but the realities this year are that it's just real tough to make enough for our expenses... Some temporary assistance, at least during the Winter months when my electric runs close to 200 per month, would be very welcome right now..
Tomorrow I have another interview..
I'll write about our Valentines later this evening...
Please send out your good vibes for our material success this year..
I am already blessed in love and health, and I'm trying real hard to get off the ground...
I'm intentionally avoiding weighing till another week or so... my belly is trying to hang over my pants waist line a bit, but I can still button them and they are not really tight..
So I'm just assuming that I'm within a three pound up/down range..
I am maxxed out on chocolate, and actually we didn't have that much of the stuff, pre-NoS standards-wise... LOL...

Oh... Before I go, I just had to write this too..
With all the talk about giving and taking on Valentines and all the hoopla about material/money blah blah blah...
Here's a lovely moment I wish to share...

I had about 20 dollars on my person yesterday, from the snow shovelling I did.. I had given Richard 10 also because he helped me for about half hour without even being asked... Went to the store and spent about 7 dollars on the candy heart and the little cute red bear with XOXO on it's heart...
He thought it was the nicest present and told me how cute it was and what a special Valentines it was with me that day...
A few hours later, he asked me how much it cost... I didn't really want to tell him, but I'm not a secret keeper much, so I told him it was about four dollars..
He then motioned over to his little "Stash" area, where he keeps his nylon wallet with velcro and adorned with soccer ball patterns, and started to take out his recently earned 10 dollars.. He wanted to pay me for the bear to help out this week...
I wouldn't accept, but that gesture was, possibly, the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me on Valentines...I was almost choking back my tears... I love that kid!!!!! Thank you Lord!

It's not about the money.. It's about the love and caring behind the giving.....

Okay.. I'm running out!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:45 pm

Good luck today Deb! I'm cheering for ya! That is so awesome about your son, obviously you are doing a good job in his raising! and obviously he loves you very much...aren't kids wonderful when they aren't driving us nuts! :lol: (ok, keep in mind that i have three teens and one preschooler! LOL!) Actually, i have found that by raising them right as young children, i have not had a bit of trouble from my teens (now 13, 16, and 17 yrs old)...kinda makes you realize it is all worth it in those moments when they do something so sweet like what Richard did, huh?
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks a lot Tricia!!!
I appreciate your rooting!
I actually just came back from that office and it was a disaster..
Some people are so evil...
I didn't get the job, though over the phone the guy said I had it, but he did want to meet beforehand to meet in person..
We had spoken about what clothes to wear and he said I'd need scrubs..
I told him that I'd have them by Friday, and that I needed to actually borrow money from my parents to buy anything this week, and he had said that was fine, but once I showed up today in normal street clothes, he then took all that back and made some ass*bleep remark about not having the scrubs, and that I wasn't a "good fit" for a medical office!!!! :twisted:
No comment about my massage or anything else..
You would think that when somebody is advertising a temp position which requires a quick purchase of a uniform, that the guy would be happy just to get someone to agree to that and be there to cover the shift..
Wow.. That was a big upset.. I need the money, but it's just as well, as I don't need to be around horrible people like that!!!

I have a different interview tomorrow, in my own town (incidentally, ironically the chiropractic office that he was working in was a total dump, and in a pretty lousy neighborhood...Seriously, this isn't sour grapes.. It's funny how people who are semi low class seem to invest so much energy into superficially important things like a uniform)
I talked to the guy on the phone a few times and he sounded very down to earth.. It's actually a telescheduling position for some commercial insurance company, and he didn't care about whether I have a huge office attire wardrobe.. He just cared about whether I could do the job..
Fortunately, I have had many telemarketing positions when I was out of college, and I have lots of experience there, which over the phone, already seemed to make him pretty happy, so I think it will go well.
It's *right* around the corner from my massage office, and there's lots of other companies in the same building.. Maybe if I get that job a few afternoons a week, I can cross market to the other offices, and spread the news about my office... I tried to get into that building about a year and a half ago, and they were a bit tight about soliciting...
I just am happy that I've got my family's support.. I hope it works out tomorrow, and I'll just take it from there..
Meanwhile some of my business neighbors have been mentioning my office to people and I am getting some calls, so God williing, those calls will turn into appointments..
I'm not giving up!

Have a great day and thanks again for your support Tricia!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Snow shoveling stress relief!!!!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 pm

Okay.. I feel a lot better now.. Just went out to do more snow shovelling since it's about fifty degrees and sunny.. Shoveled slushy snow for about fifty minutes... Good sweat.. Nice feeling...
Who would have thunk it?
Functional exercise for fun!
There's also a really satisfying feeling that goes along with actually seeing the progress you make in a physical plane... Not jut moving dumbells back and forth (forgive me dumbell lovers! LOL...) but actually seeing feet and feet of snow being cleared and then saying.. I did all of that!
Strangely, I was imagining shovelgloving while I was shovelling the snow...
Habit formation in the brain is strong! LOL...
I even wore gloves!
LOL..
(That's for you Navin!)

My hands are pulsing pleasantly... I think it would probably be good to wear work gloves when doing shovelglove...
That would not only protect your hands, but it would re-enforce the fantasy scenario of "real work"...
You know.. The suede type ones which are padded and don't slip around...

I think I earned my lunch now!
See yall later :)
Love,
8) Deb

PS.. I got my aggression out on that doofus from this mornings interview by imagining that every time I flung the snow to the side of me, it was actually landing on his head!
Ha ha ha!!!
:twisted:

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:38 pm

What a dumbell! So if you did a crappy job at massage that would be ok as long as you were wearing the right clothes? hey, i want that job! :twisted: Ironically, i avoid wearing scrubs when i do a birth, but i do bring an extra set of clothes in my birth bag...My opinion is that scrubs are too medical looking to a laboring mom...but then that's a whole different profession. :D

just keep that chin up and keep plowing! i really do admire your determination to not give up your dream. makes me want to get my rear off the couch and go lasso some clients!! **run preggy ladies, run!** ...sometimes i think they dread seeing me come up to them with a handful of flyers! :twisted:
***GRINS***
Tricia

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:51 am

You are better off not working for/with that guy! Sure the money would have been nice, but if you had ended up spending that same money on a doctor when working there gave you high blood-pressure, or on a lawyer when you finally cracked and walloped that guy..... Well, then it would be just like if you never had the money. :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:30 am

or on a lawyer when you finally cracked and walloped that guy.....
LOL!!!!
I wouldn't leave a trace! :twisted:

Thanks HG!
Still love your hilarious avatar!!!
Who is that broad?
LOL..

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:20 am

Deb...
Richard is going to make someone a wonderful husband.
You should be proud of yourself!
Sorry about the flip flopper.
You are right, you are better off not working for a guy like that.
I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Remember, this is temporary. Things are going to turn around for you!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:49 am

Man, a lot sure goes on over here whilst I'm sleeping my life away in Europe :P

That guy is a scumbag stupid sleezeball anyway and you don't wanna be working for any of those, so you're better off out of it. Scrubs, huh? I thought massage was a non-invasive procedure..? What does he think you'd be doing? An operation on them or something? :lol:

The telemarketing thing might not be massage, but at least the people sound more reasonable than that nasty medical guy. And if you get to promote your own office a little - even if only by talking to people you see in the lift - well, that's a plus. Also, it's only temporary. I'm sure you're own business will pick up soon and you'll be away.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Thanks CJ darling!!! I know you got my back babe! :twisted:
Yes, it's all fine now... Was just a big shock.. But it could have been on the day I was supposed to work, so at least the weekend is saved and I can put it to much better use.. I might have done what Hunter Gatherer said, so let's just say, I'm happy not to be serving time for "scrubs slaughter"...

LOL..

Hey! Here's a question.. What's the difference between a doctor and a massage therapist?

Answer: There are no known instances of a massage therapist ever causing a client to go into a terminal state of relaxation... :mrgreen:

(Sorry Dr's... but I heard that iatrogenic causes is about the third highest cause of mortality in this country.. Scary eh?)

TOM is right round the corner today, so I'm pretty puffed outwards and glumpy, but it is pretty nice weather, so I am sure that will pick me up..
If I don't start my cycle by this evening I'm gonna try out an Ashtanga Yoga class tonight at 5:15... I can always sit out on some poses and just get familiar with the moves if I'm too pooped..

See you later!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:07 pm

Okay... Back from the interview today..
I don't know what I was thinking!
I hate telemarketing... I used to put myself into positions where I took jobs that I hated and I just don't have the capacity to do anything unless it feels just right anymore...
The guy was fairly nice.. But there were some pretty interesting quirks going on and after about 20 minutes and a quick run with the little telephone "speech", I smiled, thanked him for the opportunity to have an interview, and said I am not the person for this job...
I think, also, that at this point, having worked for myself nearly three years, it's really really hard to conform to an office and having a boss.. even if they're semi nice....
This is such a catch 22... I need to find a way to make money with massage, perhaps through chair massage, to get my office off the ground and still be able to buy food etc...
My worries are pretty overwhelming right now, but I can't take a job that isn't right for me.
I'm almost tempted to take a seasonal job doing landscaping work at this point.. I did that in the past and loved it!...
I don't know???? :roll:
Oy vey!!!!
Looking for work is brutal!
I pray that God will help me get lots of clients this year!!!
I'm just going to keep plugging my office. :wink:

Well the sun is out and it's gorgeous today.. I will do some regrouping and see yalls later...
PS.. Sorry if I've been sharing my work woes so much guys..
I hope it's not too depressing..
LOL..

Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!
Up to the minute update from Deb again! :lol:

I just called one of my clients who had a problem with scheduling massage with me last month, and rescheduled him for this weekend, and he will be buying a small package of massages again!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess where your mind goes, your energy will follow!
I am happy that the small clientelle I have developed so far, are all very nice, and very dedicated and loyal to me... When I call them occasionally for a massage reminder, I am always welcomed, and 9 out of ten times they do come in! :mrgreen:

Thank you Lord!!!
And thanks for listening NoS alliance!
Okay.. I'm going to call some more people who haven't visited for some time.. I took my records home and have a handful of propective takers...
Seems this kind of telemarketing doesn't bother me :)
On a health note, my throat has been sore and irritated for two days now.. it really hurts.. Must be all this worrying... I've been eating raw garlic though and don't have a full fledged cold, thank God, but probably will need to eat some medicinal cough drops... So slight borderline stuff, but I doubt I'll be overdosing on eating Ricola's...
Have a great day..
After my calls, I'm gonna take advantage of the gorgeous sunny weather and mild temperature and clean out my disastrously messy car!
I have stuff in there that's been in the back seat for ages!
But nothing growing! :twisted:
Yet...

Think I'll make hamburger helper tonight to celebrate! LOL...
And some celebration type fruit for dessert...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

[/b]

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Hey Deb,

Remember - don't eat too much HamBURPER helper and Garlic right before you get up close and personal with your clients!! :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you got a booking.

*sends positive thoughts and vibes to you*

love C. xxx
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:58 pm

LOL!!!
I eat that garlic at dinnertime, so it circulates during my sleep...
By morning my deadliness is lessened! LOL..
But poor Richard gets to experience night time garlic scented kisses..
Hee hee..
I have re thought the whole Hamburper helper, and think I'll try out making some breaded chicken cutlets ala Kiev, and some kind of rice dish... I'm in the mood for some basmati rice...And I'll make sure there's some leftovers... I love eating leftovers for breakfast..
So much better than eating cereal all the time...
Thanks for your vibes CJ!!!

*sends big squishy hug to Amsterdam*

8) Debny