the bluecat check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mwhbluecat

the bluecat check-in

Post by mwhbluecat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 am

Hey friends, this is actually late as I've been trying this for 2 weeks today! I bought the NoS from Amazon and read it on my iPad. Hope it's just what I need.

Although I've posted 2 red days on my calender, once for breakfast I added a half of a packaged, chocolate donut, with my rice krispies and glass of chocolate milk, then the other half at lunch. The other is just last Friday night eating out with my wife at a local chinese buffet going back for "seconds" for the flaming chicken! And then to the movies afterward for the "movie popcorn" oops! Oh well, but as for my ultimate weekness for sweets, I find I'm resisting rather well, as my wife keeps candy, cakes, snacks out for easy picking for my kids and friends! help! I must "endeavor to persevere"