Jammin' Jan's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2005

No S :D
Exercise: :D

Dinner: baked penne pasta, with marinara meat sauce and cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; green beans

Exercise: dumbbells for upper and lower body; crunches for abs.

Forgot to post the snow shovelling yesterday: two main entrances to the church plus our garage. Not sure if there is any more to shovel tonight before religion classes, or, if there is, can I snag one of the teens to do it for me??? :twisted:

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:07 am

Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005

No S: :D

Dinner: frankfurters with spicy mustard; corn; mashed potatoes; baking powder biscuits

Exercise: 25 min. on the gazelle this afternoon; another 25 min. or so doing chi kung this evening.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:41 pm

Friday, Dec. 2, 2005

No S: :)

Lunch was at Olive Garden. I got the soup/salad/breadstick lunch which is really good, but I think I had one too many breadsticks. Hard to resist!

Exercise: gazelle, 25 min.; 30 min. vigorous qigong.

I am now 100% done with my Christmas shopping! :D

Lane

Post by Lane » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:20 am

Great job -- with both your NoS success AND the Christmas shopping!

What's the weather like in Minnesota these days. Got tons of snow yet?

Lane

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:12 am

Saturday, Nov. 3, 2005

Happy S-Day :D
Exercise: :)

Treats today: syrup on my potato pancakes at breakfast. 1/4 of a Godiva Dark Chocolate bar (sharing with daughter, and we're making it last for two days!).

The thermostat in the grocery store where I am working is set at 54 F. It's snowing and icing outside. The registers are right by the door....brrrrrr!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:53 am

Sunday & Monday, Nov. 4 and 5, 2005

No S on Monday: :D

Sunday treat: a little maple syrple on my bacon omelet; another square of that wonderful dark chocolate.

Monday dinner: chicken and cheese quesadilla; refried beans; chili/cumin/garlic/onion seasoned rice; green peas.

Exercise: vigorous chi kung workout this afternoon, followed by 100 crunches in all four directions.

Today is my 7th month on No-S! Hope you are all as satisfied as I am with this program!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:27 am

Wednesday, December 7, 2005

No-S :D
Exercise :)

Dinner: spaghetti with marinara; broccoli; drop biscuits

Exercise: 100 crunches; 15 min. vigorous chi kung

Advance warning: Friday's dinner will probably be an S-meal. Special occasion!

Michele

Post by Michele » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:50 pm

Happy Blessed Mothers Day!! :D

Thank you for the wishes on my post. Just a note on my friend who had a stroke. He can move a little now, but he is in a rehab place that is very good I guess. He can't talk, but he is doing better! God be praised.
thank you for the prayers.
Hope your day is filled with God's manifold blessings.

Sr. Michele

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:56 am

Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005

No-S: :D
Exercise: :(

Dinner: rotisserie bbq chicken; garlic bread; corn

Exercise: a grand total of 5 minutes chi kung; 7 hours on my feet at the grocery store; 45 minutes of walking through the super walmart for my own groceries. Too pooped to do anything else today.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Congratulations on hitting month 7, Jan. I continue to be amazed.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:11 pm

Friday, Dec. 9, 2005

No-S: may be an S-Day at dinner; will do No-S the rest of the day :D

Dinner: Our son will turn 21 on Monday, so today is the day we will all be getting together to celebrate. It's really hard these days trying to coordinate 5 job schedules! It's his choice where we go to dinner, but he was thinking either Olive Garden or Outback the last I heard from him. Either is fine, and I plan to enjoy enjoy the meal. After that, we are going to go see the new Narnia movie, since we are all big Narnia fans. Hope we can get tickets!

Exercise: did 3 miles' worth of in-home walking with a Leslie Sansone DVD. That was a fun way to begin my day. :D

This is my long-hours weekend to work, so I may not be around much until Monday. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:28 pm

Oooh... Outback is supposed to be pretty good, though I've never been there..
Have a great time Jan!
Love,
8) Deb

I've tried to convince Richie to read the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe a few times, but he didn't go for it.. Now that there's a movie, he will probably want to... LOL... Enjoy!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:28 pm

Sunday, Dec. 11, 2005

Happy S-Day! :D

Friday's special treat...are you ready for this extravagant indulgence?...one spoonful of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Where will the gluttony end?

Saturday's treat...a brownie, baked by a wonderful Church lady.

Sunday...no treats, just good solid food (3 meals), and probably oatmeal and raisins tonight after work.

Exercise just doesn't happen on weekends any more. :(

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:56 pm

Monday, Dec. 12, 2005

Dinner: macaroni with olive oil and garlic; biscuits; veggie; green salad with tomato, croutons, and Italian dressing.

Exercise: 25 minutes chi kung this morning before Mass; 1.5 miles in-home walking with a Leslie Sansone dvd.

Michele

Post by Michele » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:29 am

I enjoy reading what you have for dinner, it always sounds so good!

It almost makes me hungry. :)
Glad to hear you are doing well. God bless.

Sr. Michele :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:13 pm

Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2005

Dinner at Applebee's: steak, garlic mashed potatoes, garlic toast, steamed veggies. I ate exactly half of the meal and boxed the rest to take home. What a wonderful lunch I'll have on Wednesday!!!

Exercise: calisthenic chi kung a.m.; flowing chi kung after lunch; dumbbell workout after dinner.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:26 pm

Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2005

Dinner: hot dogs, baked beans, cauliflower, spinach

Exercise: 2 miles in-home walking with a Leslie Sansone DVD; Shibashi Chi Kung; shovelled out the front entrance to the church...a very heavy, wet snow.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:06 am

Thursday, Dec. 15, 2005

No S: :( (aaargh!)

Exercise: :D :D

I was shovelling out the church entrance at 5:30 this morning, and it was a very deep, wet, heavy snow...worked up a ravenous appetite! Breakfast was my usual no-s meal, but I think it wasn't enough, because by lunchtime, I ate my one-plate meal, and then went back for seconds. I suppose that it didn't help matters any that, not only did I shovel snow, but I also did some of my daily exercise in the morning, too.

Dinner: cabbage and beef casserole; new potatoes; dinner rolls

Exercise: besides the shovelling, I also did shibashi qigong twice, another, more vigorous qigong with it, and did upper body dumbbells. Since today was grocery shopping day, I also got in quite a few steps at the Super Walmart.

All in all, it was a good day, except for the little slip-up at lunch.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:13 pm

Friday, Dec. 16, 2005

We were out all day and into the evening, so lunch was at Applebee's (tilapia, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed assorted veggies), and dinner was at a place called Wintergreens (3 cheese on grilled panini bread with coleslaw on the side).

Exercise: several qigong sets, a good practice day.

Saturday, Dec. 17, and Sunday, Dec. 18, 2005

Happy S Day! :D
Exercise: :D qigong both days.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:20 pm

If you are interested in learning an easy chi kung form, the video and instruction manual for Shibashi Qigong are now online.

For general info, go here: http://www.everyday-taichi.com/shibashi ... structions

To download the video, go here:
http://taichi18.com.hugeocean.com/forum ... 04602e9452

To get the instruction manual, go here:
http://www.taichi18.com/thankyou.htm

Have fun! :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:27 pm

Monday, Dec. 19, 2005

Dinner: Sloppy Jose's (Manwich sauce + ground turkey wrapped up inside a big flour tortilla, burrito style) and green beans on the side

Exercise: chi kung in the morning

Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2005

Dinner: chicken breasts breaded with crushed and seasoned cornbread stuffing, then baked; veggie; baked potato

Exercise: chi kung and upper body with dumbbells this morning.

CAT PEOPLE: GO HERE
www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:42 am

Oh Jan! That Cat page is priceless! :lol:

Thank you so much. You really gave me a lift!!

C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:35 pm

Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2005

Dinner: Chihuahua Dogs (put a heated hot dog into a crisp taco shell. Top with heated hot dog chili sauce. Top that with shredded cheese. Daughter pronounced it "culturally confused" but had a second helping anyway.); also fruit salad and green peas.

Exercise: 5 Element Qigong this morning; calisthenic and meditative sets this afternoon.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:17 am

'Culturally confused', huh? Like the phrase. :)

I gotta try that one. Sounds really good. Lots of the things we eat reguarly are 'culturally confused' too. Like Bangers and Mash (English dish) made with Dutch Stampot instead of the usual mashed potato, or Ribeye steaks served with German Kaesspaetzle (Kind of a bit like macaroni cheese, but with homemade freeform egg noodles instead and very strong cheese, topped with crispy fried onions)
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:56 am

Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005

Dinner: Supper in a Dish (mix a couple of cups of cooked rice with a cup and a half or so of diced cooked ham, and a couple of cups of green peas and also mix in a couple of cups of shredded cheddar. Bake at 350F for about 20 min., or unitl the cheese melts); cauliflower

Exercise: calisthenic qigong; pushed a really heavy shopping cart all around the super walmart for an hour or so.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:32 pm

Friday, Dec. 23, 2005

Exercise: can't remember back that far!

Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 24 & 25, 2005

Happy S-Days! :D

Treats included a slice of pumpkin pie with cool whip and several pieces of English Toffee. I sent the rest of the toffee home with the kids, so no temptations lying around!

Monday, Dec. 26, 2005

Exercise: TBA

Food today: scrambled eggs; toast with homemade raspberry freezer jam (a Christmas gift from a church lady who knows how crazy I am about this stuff). Lunch was at Applebees and was 1/2 bacon burger, mashed potatoes, and a club soda with lime. Dinner tonight will be the other half of the burger, and some leftover vegetables.

Exercise: fighting with my annual Christmas allergy, so not sure if I will do any exercise this evening. But I might; you just never know!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:36 pm

Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2005

Dinner: baked beans with ground turkey; corn; homemade yeast bread dipped in imported olive oil from Crete (Christmas gift!)

Exercise: upper and lower body tone with dumbbells; 100 crunches for abs.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:49 am

Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005

No S: :) (Not a full smiley because I had a Pepsi at lunch)

Dinner: red beans and rice; green salad with raw veggies

Exercise: chi kung this morning, 30 minutes. Beginning to learn a new set this evening -- Liangong-- spent about 30 min. with that. I think this one will be a six-week learning project. Since I am not Urban Rangering this winter, I am taking advantage of the extra time to learn some interesting qigong forms.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:05 am

Thursday, Dec. 29,2005

Dinner: meatloaf; green beans; baked potatoes

Exercise: calisthenic chi kung this afternoon; Liangong this evening.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:24 am

Hi Jan!
What???
No breakfast or lunch???
LOL..

Hope you are having a good week miss Chi Kung!!!
Let us know how Liangong goes!

Peace and Love,
8) Debbie

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:58 pm

Friday, Dec. 30, 2005

No S: :) weird day

Breakfast: 1 egg; 1 piece of buttered toast; glass of orange juice
Lunch: leftover meatloaf; leftover green beans; cranberry sauce; half a small potato
Dinner: leftover red beans and rice; green peas; bread & butter
(The holiday always generate so many leftovers!)

Weirdness for today: Every year, I get laryngitis at Christmas/New Year's Day, and this year is no exception. Usually, it doesn't matter too much, being a stay-at-home Mom, but this year I'm working at the grocery and it's really hard to have to keep talking to the customers and not coughing (hack hack) a lot. So I kept a continual supply of Ricola cough drops going, and by the time I got off work I actually had a headache from whatever is in those things. Probably had enough calories from cough drops to equal a small meal. Tomorrow I will try to survive on water. I will be glad when this weekend is over!

Exercise: Liangong is going very well, thanks for asking, Deb. I am comfortable with the first set, and will begin on the second set. Today, I did calisthenic qigong this morning, followed by Liangong and it was good. Oh, and I also shovelled lots of snow this morning, so people could actually get into the Church for morning Mass.

Tomorrow, I get to sample my Christmas chocolate...mmmmmmm! :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:24 am

Saturday, Dec. 31, 2005

Happy S-Day!

Exercise: shovelled snow from all four church entrances.

S-day treat: one piece of my Christmas Dark Chocolate.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:03 pm

Sunday, Jan. 1, 2006 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy S-Day! My daughter and I shared another piece of Christmas candy. Yum!

Exercise: gazelle, 25 minutes; dumbbells, for which I devised a program to do upper and lower body exercises in succession, without ever having to get down on the floor.

Monday, Jan. 2, 2006

Dinner: Tuna Casserole (combine: 1 can tuna, drained; 1 can cream of mushroom soup; 1 can chicken noodle soup; 3 cups Rice Krispies. Mix together and pile into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 F. for 20 min.); buttered biscuit; veggie

Exercise: gazelle, 25 min., dumbbells total body workout; Shibashi Qigong.

My New Year's Resolutions, at least as regards food, are (1) return to the Catholic practice of meatless Fridays and (2) return to my practice of eating off smaller (luncheon size instead of dinner size) plates.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:12 am

Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2006

No- S, small plates: :D

Dinner: meatballs (mix 2 lbs. ground beef or turkey, 1/2 pound ground sausage, 1 (6 ounce) box Stovetop Stuffing, and 2 or 3 eggs. Shape into meatballs about the size of an egg. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 F. for 30 min.); spinach; green beans; tiny baked potato

Exercise: Shibashi Qigong, 20 min. this morning; 8 Figures for Every Day, 25 min.; about 15 min. Liangong

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:25 am

Hey Jan!!!
That stovetop stuffing for meatballs is a great idea!
I bet it's delish...

I was thinking of starting to practice Qi Gong again this week...
I *never* got sick once I got into that practice for a while and maintained it... That Chi was on a spree!!!

Have a Jamming night :)
Love,
8) Deb

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:30 am

Hey Jan!

Sounds yummy! I saved it to my recipe file. I saw a Pillsbury cookbook on the newstand today that had a normal meatloaf recipe, but it was topped with half ketchup, half maple syrup. Gonna try that one too.

Thanks for dinner tomorrow night!

Lane

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:28 pm

Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2006

No-S on small plates: :D (a little brown sugar in a cup of coffee this morning, but that's still legal, right?)

Dinner: venison, cooked in the crock-pot with onions, garlic, and tomato sauce; corn; bread and butter

Exercise: 5 Element Qigong this morning; Shibashi this evening.

I am being a little careful with the exercise right now. This on-going Christmas allergy has me coughing so hard sometimes that I pulled a little piece of muscle in my abs. ouch. :(

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Come on Jan!
How can you be allergic to Christmas????

LOL...

Sorry... Just kidding.. I really hope you feel better..
Try plain Guaifennisen (sp???) that's the stuff in plain Robitussin...
Also, I really recommend a hot version of the lemonade which I discovered last month..
It will kick your viruses butt! And it clears the lungs really well..

Recipe again:
2 Tablespoons organic fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons organic maple syrup (not Aunt jemima fake stuff)
a tiny shake of cayenne pepper...
10 ounces of water...

You will love the taste of this and it really zaps the cold virus!

Also, though very nasty tasting.. Halls mentholyptus drops are totally potent in the war on congestion...
Or Vick vapor rub and a steam humidifier...

Feel better little Jan Tz~
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: allergic to Christmas...

I love living right here in the Church building, because everyone has access to us and we can be very present to everyone in their activities. But the disadvantage is that the Church is beautifully decorated with stuff that I am allergic to...like all the pine boughs and garlands and the giant tree and maybe even the poinsettias. I get this way every year. I feel just fine, no disease, no fever, good appetite, moving right along in my exercise, etc. I'm just allergic.

I would love to take Robitussen or any of those allergy things, but (a)most of them contain food color (the single exception is Benedryl Children's, which comes dye-free), which is a major migraine trigger, and (b) those meds raise eye pressure, which I can't risk at this point. I occasionally take a cough drop, but too many of those is just too much sugar for me.

Simplest is best for me, I'm afraid. Lots of water, exercise, good food, some extra vitamin C.

Luckily for me, the ladies will take down the decorations this Sunday or Monday, and, if they vacuum really well, then I will begin to feel better.

Until spring...achoo!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Friday, Jan. 6, 2006

Exercise :D

Dinner: shrimp, sauteed in olive oil and butter, with garlic, parsley, and lemon; peas; rice, toasted in olive oil before cooking

Exercise: 45 min. vigorous chi kung, push-ups, crunches, and yoga "plank".

Good news...we're nearly halfway through the school year and my weight is still holding steady. Usually I am fighting an upward creep because I don't get out for my walks this time of year.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2006

Haven't been at the computer much these past few days, what with working at the grocery store and doing year-end tax stuff at the church. But No S is going well.

Recipe: Sour Cream Meatballs. Mix a couple of pounds of ground beef or turkey with half of an 8 ounce carton of sour cream. Form into meatballs. Put on baking sheet and bake for about half an hour (or until done; time varies according to the size of your meatballs) at 350 F. Top with the rest of the sour cream to serve.

Exercise: Chi kung every day, usually twice a day. Bonus exercise last night...it was cold but not freezing, so Weird Al and I took a 2-mile walk together. I'm going to try and get out tonight, too. Cabin fever is taking hold, and we still have 68 days left until Spring!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:06 pm

"Never kiss an elephant on the lips."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Okay... Even though Elephant kissing wasn't on my list of things to do today, and I know I'm going to regret this,,, but,,,,,

Why not? :P

LOL...

Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:32 pm

Because it's what my fortune cookie told me when I went to the Chinese Buffet the other day, that's why. :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:48 pm

Thursday, Jan. 12, 2006

No S: :(

Had a great breakfast (oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, vanilla soymilk; glass of orange juice) but was starved before lunch. Had a big lunch (leftover almond chicken with gravy; green beans; buttered bread), but then was starving only an hour later. So..... :( had a snack of crackers, cheese, and little turkey slices :( .

Dinner: liver, onions; veggie

Exercise: Shibashi Chi Kung this morning; lots of heavy housework this afternoon, mostly with the in-house vacuum which has about 500 pounds of suction. This may account for my unusual hunger.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Friday, Jan. 13, 2006

Dinner @ Applebees: tilapia with mango salsa; steamed fresh veggies; garlic mashed potatoes

Exercise: Eight Piece Brocade and 5 Element Qigong this morning; upper body dumbbells and crunches this evening.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 am

I am so glad you post some of your recipes.
They all sound so wholesome and tasty.
I think you are doing great!
Becky

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:31 pm

Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2006

No-S: :) (lunch was a little large; breakfast & dinner were wonderful!)

Dinner: Holiday Baked Beans (28 oz can baked beans; 16 oz can sweet potatoes, drained; 1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins); 2 tsp. grated orange rind; 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon; 1/8 tsp;.l ground nutmeg. Combine all ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased or sprayed baking dish. Bake at 350 F for about 30 min. or until bubbly); veggie; bread and butter

Exercise: five element/golden ball chi kung this morning; dumbbells for upper body, crunces for abs, lunges for legs this evening, followed by shibashi taiji qigong.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:57 am

That sounds like a very comforting and nourishing dinner!
I'll try that sometime, but probably with non canned yams..
(I don't like those too much..)

Keep Qigonging Jamming Jan! :D

Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:59 am

Wednesday, Jan. 18. 2006 (it's hard to type with a kitty on my lap, rubbing on one hand, and kneading on the other hand...sometimes he likes to play with the keyboard, too.)

Lunch: homemade minestrone; cornbread

Dinner: sloppy joes; broccoli

Exercise: 25 min. chi kung this morning; 25 min. gazelle this evening

Paws has something to say: xc ct xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx vvg bvvvvv

(who says cats can't talk?)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:41 pm

Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006

Dinner: mac & cheese; veggie; bread & butter

Exercise: 5 Element Qigong this morning before Mass; 25 min. on the gazelle before homeschool; Shibashi Taiji Qigong this afternoon. Look like I might have snow to shovel as well. :(

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:26 am

Friday, Jan. 20, 2006

NoS :D
Exercise: Rest Day

Dinner: Tuna Helper (this stuff is pretty good, even though it comes from a boxed mix), green beans

Dear Husband is down with the flu, so between homeschooling, housework, taking care of stuff at the church, and working at the grocery store, I just didn't have the time to exercise. Ah well, as Scarlet said, "Tomorrow is another day." :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:44 am

Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006

I haven't been here in a few days because of a busy work schedule, but everything is going along fine in the no-s/exercise department. Exercise is mostly calisthenics (push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, toe touches) and chi kung (bend, stretch, twist, balance) but that seems to be okay. I am really looking forward to spring so I can clip on my step counter and do some extended Urban Rangering again.

I made a new crock-pot recipe the other day and it came out well. I greased the crockpot (olive oil with a pastry brush), then put chicken pieces in it. Put a slice of mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken. Cream of Mushroom soup diluted with 1/4 cup water poured over the chicken and cheese. Then a box (6 oz) of Stovetop Stuffing poured over that, with a couple of tablespoons of melted butter drizzled over the stuffing. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours. Very yummy. Add a veggie or a salad and it's a complete meal!

This recipe was paraphrased from the book, Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly by Phyllis Pellman Good. Great book!

See y'all later! Have a good No-S day everyone! :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:06 am

Thursday, Jan. 26. 2006

Exercise :)

Comfort food for dinner tonight: hand-shaped hamburger patties and boiled Yukon Gold spuds, smothered with brown gravy; corn

Exercise: taichi shibashi qigong this morning, but that's all.

Warmer and sunny today; dare we hope for an early spring???

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:11 am

Let's see what Phil the Groundhog says!
(Hope so!!!!!!!)

PS... I want to smother everything in gravy these days... Too bad I don't have any! I'll get some soon! LOL...
Have a great night Jammin, Jammin Jan!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:37 pm

BROWN GRAVY

In a shaker jar combine: 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 cup water. Shake very well to get the lumps out. Pour into a small saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Season to taste with black pepper, and (optional) garlic and/or onion powder. You can also add a can of drained mushrooms if you like, but the basic recipe for plain brown gravy with black pepper is terrific by itself.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:10 pm

Yummy!

I saw this before on Deb's checkin, and was going to go back and write it down, but you moved it :)

I'm sure no offense was taken, although I can't speak for Deb, she doesn't seem the sort of person who would be offended or annoyed by you sharing your recipe like that.

Have a good day, Jan,

Love and gravy,
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:26 pm

I love gravy and Jan!!!!
There was a misunderstanding somewhere....

CJ you are right!!!
It takes more than brown gravy to offend me!!!
You would have to throw the gravy in my face!
LOL...

I'm hungry now!!!
Sadly, there is not a spoonful of gravy in sight!

I think I know what we are eating for dinner tonight..
Heh heh heh heh....

Long live brown gravy!!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Yo Jammin~
Check your private messages here..
Love,
Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:20 pm

There's Brown Gravy all over the place now. Enjoy! :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:53 am

Friday, Jan. 27, 2006

No S :) (some virtual plating at lunch)

Exercise :D :D

Lunch: Creamy Tomato Basil Soup( Put 1/2 can chickpeas and the liquid into a blender and puree. Put this plus the rest of the chickpeas, 1 can diced tomatoes plus liquid, 1 tsp basil into a saucepan. Cook and stir until hot), an apple, and a peanut butter sandwich.

Dinner: Swiss Tuna and Noodles (make a medium white sauce. Cook and stir until thickened. Add tuna, drained, and shredded Swiss cheese. Serve over noodles), peas

Exercise: 30 min. on the gazelle; 2.5 mile outdoor walk (40 F. blue skies and sunshine :D ). I think I got my 10,000 steps today!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:38 pm

Saturday & Sunday, Jan. 28/29, 2006

Happy S-Days :D

Urban Ranger strikes again. It was so nice yesterday that I walked downtown and back and didn't freeze.

Today it is freezing rain, so no walking for me. :(

S-day treats: cinnamon sugar on my breakfast on Saturday morning; trail bar for a snack on Sat. and Sunday at work; a little square of Christmas chocolate after work both evenings.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:36 pm

Monday, Jan. 30, 2006

No-S :)

Lunch: buffet at the Chinese restaurant. The good news is, I only had one plate of food. The bad news is, I had a Dr. Pepper to go with it. Why didn't I have an iced tea???

Dinner: baked beans, broccoli, green peas. Fat free and vegan, so that made me happy.

Exercise: haven't done any yet, but I will do chi kung and weights and crunches in a little while.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2006

Lunch: brown rice, topped with the last of the tomato-basil-chickpea soup; half a large apple

Dinner: shell pasta and pinto beans, mixed with taco sauce and tofu sour creme. Weird combo, but very tasty. Also a helping of corn.

Exercise: 2 sets of calisthenic chi kung, bunches of crunches, and some yoga positions.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Yay Jan!!!
Qi Gong and Yoga???

You are my hero!!!!
Have a great day :)
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:32 pm

There were some that felt good. I was too lazy to do push-ups, so I did the plank and just held it for a little while. Then I did cobra, cat, and child's, and a spinal twist, just for fun, as long as I was down there on the mat anyway.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:58 pm

Yay Jan!!!
Plank and Cobra are great for the arms! And spinal twists are essential for our back health... I often feel my spine adjust itself after spinal twists..

Now all you need is to add Chatturanga and downward dog in this order

1. Plank.. hold.. then exhale and go into
2. Chatturanga... inhale into
3. Cobra or Upward dog... then exhale into
4. Downward dog....

and you have a full Vinyasa :)
(incase you don't know chatturanga, but I think you do! it's just knees, chest and chin descending to the floor from plank pose, but not plopping down all at once... very deliberately and slowly moving with flow..)

I am way beyond lazy today, so I just took a giant long hot shower and hopefully by tomorrow I may actually represent something that is alive...
Friday I'm trying out an Ashtanga class with a new teacher who has travelled to India and is supposed to be the "real deal" and then I have Larry's Hatha class on Sunday, which, this week, nothing will stop me from attending.. Even if Richard is still sick!

Have a Jamming day Jammin Jan!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:01 pm

Yes, I know downward dog and chatturanga (although I never heard that name for it). There are movements in my athletic chi kung that are similar to down dog, and that other one is too hard! I will have to exert myself! No, no, no!

Love,
Lazy Jammin' Jan

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:48 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2006

No S: :) with a wee little bit of funny business

Dinner: spaghetti with Paul Newman marinara, to which I added ground turkey; green beans; garlic bread. Funny business: an extra slice of garlic bread, which would've been piling if I had had it with my dinner, but which actually counted as 'seconds' since I scarfed it down while standing at the sink rinsing off the dishes. Bad jan. :evil:

Exercise: calisthenic Chi Kung (which includes Hindu squats and jumping jacks, by the way.). RESOLVED: I am going to do Shovelglove just as soon as my dinner settles. I am so impressed with some of the posts I have read here from people who are working out with the SG, that I really feel inspired to get back to that.

Shovelglove on the weekdays; chocolate on the weekends. My new motto.

Update: I did my full SG workout. This is so much fun; why did I ever stop doing it? Life is full of mysteries.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:45 am

Omigoodnes Jan, I did almost the same thing tonight. I was putting dinner away and ate the hamburer helper stuck to the serving spoon before putting it in the dishwasher! I knew better but did it anyway...... :oops:

Bad Becky!

Have a nice evening. :D

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:52 am

mmmmmmm...gaaarrrrlllliiiiccccc bread..... :D and don't get me started on hamburger helper! YUM! i think there was another conversation dedicated to that topic...i think on Deb's page....mmmmmm hamburger helper.... :wink: Obviously i am no help here.... :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:02 am

Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006

Dinner: Chili Corndog Casserole (layer of chili with meat and beans in the greased casserole dish; hotdogs, split lengthwise on top; cornbread batter on top of that; bake @ 400 F for about 15 min. or until cornbread is browned); broccoli

Exercise: calisthenic chi kung this morning; shovelglove this afternoon.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:28 pm

Friday, Feb. 3, 2006

Lunch: pbj sandwich on "lite" bread; can of grapefruit, drained to get the sugar out.

Dinner: Baby Swiss & Tuna Quiche; green peas

Exercise: Eight Piece Brocade followed by Shibashi Taiji Qigong this morning for half and hour; assorted lunge pulses, squats, and calf raises behind the register at work (really really slow at the little grocery today). Will do Shovelglove tonight after dinner, and that will make three days in a row! :D I'm trying to build the habit of doing it every weekday.

Has anyone ever tried mixing peanut butter with applesauce to make a "spread" that is lower in calories and fat than peanut butter by itself??? I was thinking about this today in the long spaces between customers.....

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 pm

I ate peanut butter and applesauce at a friends house a long time ago.
I have never had it on plain bread though.
She gave it to me on toasted pumpernicle bread.
Afterwards she gave me a very small cup of plain yogurt as dessert and it was topped topped with warm honey and little pieces of figs (I don't remember if she used almonds are walnuts).
I'll never forget that healthy lunch because about 4 hours afterwards, another friend picked me up to go for ice cream and I didn't even want any because the wholesome lunch totally filled me up with rich and sweet goodness.

I completely forgot about the peanut butter and applesauce combo.
I forgot how good and filling it was.
I enjoyed it and I hope you do too!

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:37 am

Jan-Tz wrote:Update: I did my full SG workout. This is so much fun; why did I ever stop doing it? Life is full of mysteries.
I've only just started SG, and yet I can relate. I was only able to do it twice this week due to business and soreness, and I genuinely resented my inability to work it in. It's a quite invigorating exercise that leaves me feeling like I've done a really tough set of squats--sort of rewardingly exhausted.

Cam
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:52 pm

Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 6/7, 2006

No S: :) (not quite perfect either day)

Monday: took the kids to Friday's to celebrate our daughter's 16th birthday. I ate only half my meal (pasta and grilled veggies), but also had a Dr. Pepper with the meal and some ice cream at dessert (just a couple of spoonsful though). I think a 16th birthday should be an S-Day, so that was okay.

Tuesday: made homemade bread this morning and had a couple of extra slices too many dipped in olive oil for lunch. Dinner: meatloaf, stuffed corn, green beans.

Recipe: Stuffed Corn

Mix together: 1 (6 oz.) box Stovetop Stuffing (I used Chicken flavor), with 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 can cream-style corn, and 1/2 cup water. You may also add 1 stick of margarine or butter, melted, but I left this out. Spread in a greased or sprayed 9 x 13" baking pan. Bake at 350 F. uncovered for 30 minutes.

Exercise: Shovelglove both days. Chi kung and a stretch program today in addition to the SG.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:37 am

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!! :D
Love,
8) Richard and Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 am

Thanks, I'll tell her you said that!

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 am

My second oldest turns 16 in a few weeks...they grow fast don't they! :shock:
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2006

No S: :(

Dinner: spaghetti with melted butter and fresh parmesan; peas; garlic toast from the last of the homemade loaf.

Even though I followed No-S principles today, I ended up eating too much and feel uncomfortably full. I need to do better tomorrow.

Exercise: Shovelglove this morning at 5:45 a.m. (!), and taichi shibashi qigong this afternoon.
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 am

Don't cry :cry: Jamming Jan!
You didn't go nuts or anything...
Feel better soon little taichi lady~ :D
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:01 am

Thursday and Friday, Feb. 9/10, 2006

No S: :D :D
Exercise: :D :D

Dinner: I made pizza tonight, and did something a little different. Usually I put the sauce on the dough, then the toppings, etc., but tonight I omitted the sauce altogether, and just laid sliced Roma tomatoes on the dough, seasoned with basil and garlic, and then topped with mozzarella and fresh parmesan. How simple! What a fun dinner! :D

Exercise for Thursday: dumbbells and crunches.
Exercise for Friday: Shovelglove and crunches. I am aching tonight, so I must've had a good workout!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 11/12: Happy S Days!

Monday, Feb. 13, 2006

Dinner: chicken and rice cooked in olive oil imported from Crete; green beans; baking powder biscuit "loaf" (when I am too lazy to cut biscuits, I just make one giant round biscuit and score it into wedges. Then bake as usual.)

Exercise: gazelle, 28 min., dumbbells & crunches, 15 min., stretch routine, 10 min.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2006 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No S: :roll: (starving this afternoon, so I had a couple of slices of lite bread with lite butter)

Dinner: ham slices, homemade bread, Broccoli Cheese Casserole (mix a bag of frozen/thawed broccoli with a jar of Ragu Double Cheese sauce, top with buttered bread crumbs, then bake uncovered for 20 min. at 350 F).

Exercise: gazelle, 25 min.; dumbbells and crunches, 25 min., stretch, 15 min.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:21 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006

No-S: :D

Lunch: Baked potato with baked beans on top; homemade bread spread with corn butter (what's this???); half a large apple

Dinner: sloppy joes (Manwich sauce and mashed red beans) on lite wheat buns; green peas

Exercise: gazelle, 25 min; dumbbells and crunches, 25 min; stretch, 15 min.
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:36 pm

homemade bread spread with corn butter (what's this???);
Okay little Jammin' Jan!
"What's this?" LOL....

Love,
:wink: Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:39 am

Corn Butter is a homemade fat-free vegetarian butter substitute. You either love it or you hate it. I enjoy it on baked potatoes...it melts when it hits the hot spud. I have several versions of it in my recipe collection; here is a very basic one.

CORN BUTTER

1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup water
1/4 cup additional water or soymilk (I use water)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt, or to taste

Cook the cornmeal in 1 cup water until thick. Put remaining ingredients in a blender. Add the cooked cornmeal and blend until very smooth. Pour into a small container and store covered in the refrigerator. Makes about 1 cup.

There...now aren't you glad you asked? :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:41 am

Sounds good, but I think it needs some butter!
LOL..

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:12 am

The Manwich sandwiches sound really good. I had black bean burgers for the first time on Sat and they were delish. The sloppy joe's sound like a tasty way to substitute beans for meat.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:45 pm

Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006

Breakfast: Overnight Oatmeal (mix 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal with 1 cup apple juice, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and a few raisins. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight. May be eaten cold or warmed up the next morning. Wonderful!); orange juice

Lunch: black-eyed peas and stewed tomatoes/seasoning over rice; tangerine; garlic toast

Dinner: taco salad, corn, flour tortillas

Exercise: dumbbells, 15 min; gazelle, 26 min.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:14 pm

Friday and Saturday, Feb. 17 & 18, 2006

No S on Friday: :D
Exercise on Friday: :D (2 rounds of calisthenic qigong)

Happy S-Day on Saturday! :D
Exercise on Saturday: :D (Shovelglove)

Friday's dinner: (Applebee's) garlic mashed potatoes; steamed fresh assorted veggies; garlic toast

Saturday's breakfast: (Perkin's) fresh fruit; breakfast potatoes; English muffin

Saturday's lunch: Boca burger on a bun with the fixin's; orange juice

Saturday's dinner at work: homemade Spaghetti O's; green peas; banana

I am gradually resuming my previous vegan ways....

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:43 pm

Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006

Happy S-Day! :D
Exercise: Rest Day!

Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes; banana

Lunch at work: spaghetti o's; green beans; peaches

Snack: fruit & nut trail bar

Dinner: Boca Burger on lite bun; corn; tropical fruit mix

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:42 pm

I am gradually resuming my previous vegan ways....
Good for you Jan! :D
Sadly I like eating meat too much, especially chicken, to give it up, but I have always wished that I could be more of a veggietarian..
I tried before, for several months, and I just couldn't sustain it..
But, definitely the healthiest thing and most ethical way to live, in my personal opinion...
Well it's never too late, I may just try again, but I cannot see myself cutting out fish and eggs..
Salmon is just toooooo good...

Hope you have a great Sunday!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:51 pm

Deb,

Since I have never considered myself an "ethical vegetarian", nor an animal rights person, nor an environmentalist, I just don't see anything wrong with eating meat, fish, dairy, or eggs. It's the way most of the world eats. I do think we tend to eat too much of those foods, though, and often at the expense of fruits, vegetables, grains, etc., so that's not healthy. But this works for me, most of the time, so I am going to try to get back into it.

I love salmon, too, and I suspect that I will have it occasionally. :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 pm

Monday, Feb. 20, 2006

No-S :( FAILURE
Exercise: rest day

Breakfast: oatmeal, raisins; orange juice

Lunch: brown rice with gravy; leftover cauliflower, peas, and corn

Dinner: (at Ground Round) pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots; mocha smoothie (not on one plate, not sugar-free). Well, we had a great time with the kids and Tuesday I will do better.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2006

Breakfast: grits with salsa; apple juice

Lunch: sweet potato with veg spread; green beans; couple of corn tortillas; half an apple

Dinner: veg pizza (Roma tomatoes, onion, spinach, sauce, olive oil). I made the pizza exactly the size of my dinner plate so I can eat the whole thing!

Exercise: qigong this morning; shovelglove this afternoon

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:46 pm

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2006

Exercise: we'll see...

Breakfast: oatmeal, raisins; orange juice

Lunch: leftover brown rice and green peas,well seasoned and sauteed together in olive oil; half an apple; some seedless red grapes

Dinner: BBQ Tofu; cornbread (need a recipe for vegan cornbread?); green beans

Exercise: does pushing a heavy cart around the Super Walmart for grocery shopping count for today? May do chi kung later on.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Jan,
I made the Manwich burgers with the red kidney beans.
I knew I would like it but I was skeptical that hubby would like it.
He did!
Mr. Caveman "I love meat" liked it!
It was yummy and filling.
Thanks,
Becky

david

Post by david » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:25 pm

I would like a vegan cornbread recipe, please!

thanks,
David

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:38 pm

Jan Tz's Cornbread

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Grease or spray an 8"x8" baking dish (8" round works fine, too)

Mix the dry ingredients together:

1 cup all-purpose flour or unbleached white flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

In a measuring cup, combine:

1 and 1/4 cups water, soy or rice milk
1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. vinegar (white or cider)

When the oven reaches temp., pour the liquid all at once into the flour mix. Stir quickly to mix, but do not over-mix. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 min., toothpick-test for doneness if necessary. Let stand in the pan for a few minutes.