TobiasandLincolnmom's Journey

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm

B: baked oatmeal, black coffee
L: sandwich, chips
D: thick slice of homemade French bread with butter, Muenster cheese

Couch to 5K Week 2 Day 1

Got home late and didn't get my dinner made so I just ate the bread I had planned to make garlic bread with :) I have defrosted shrimp and scallops I need to use ASAP, though. Pioneer Woman's seafood pasta tomorrow no matter what!! Yum.....

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:19 pm

B: bagel with butter, banana
L: Quorn goat cheese stuffed cutlet, homemade bread, peach
D: seafood pasta

So it turns out the seafood pasta was just ok. Kinda disappointing, actually, after all that work! I'm a bit hungry tonight...but I'm off to bed :)

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 pm

B: bagel with butter, banana, black coffee
L: big homemade salad with ranch, plum
D: chicken Alfredo bake, salad with Italian dressing

Did a little swimming with the kids today.

tobiasmom

Monthly Weight

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:26 pm

August 1: 202

So I'm down about 6 pounds from the last time I weighed myself about a month ago. I only started closely following No-S a little over two weeks ago, though. I also started the couch to 5K two weeks ago. I'm feeling good. I think weighing myself monthly is the best idea for me....so I don't overly obsess about the darn scale. I see it IS working for me...when I follow it :) I am still breast feeding so that helps a little bit....although he is eating food now so I don't have to worry about keeping my supply up like I was worried about six months ago (one of my many excuses to keep eating and eating...ugh!!). I'm in this journey for the long haul.

We are headed out to our hometown of Los Angeles on Monday for three weeks. So that is going to be a little challenging. But truthfully this way of eating is so sane. I can totally enjoy all my favorite restaurants and stick with No-S. I think hubby and I will be sharing lots of meals!!

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:01 am

B: bagel with butter, banana, black coffee
L: Jr. Bacon cheeseburger, value fries, water (Wendy's)
D: 3 tacos, strawberries

Couch to 5K Week 2 Day 2

Blood pressure today WIThOuT medication for a month: 114/77. This wellness supplement I am taking is working miracles!! Plus eating well and exercise, of course! I used to be on two blood pressure medications for the last five years! Feeling good :)

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 am

B: bagel with butter, 1/2 egg roll (I know...weird, but it was an appetizer from book club and I waited for a meal to try it. Gross, btw. Glad I didn't eat it for a snack at book club!!!)
L: two homemade tamales, grapes
D: (Olive Garden). one breadstick, 1/4 cup gnocchi soup, fried zucchini, five cheese penne pasta (half)

Second week of green N days. Feeling great. My plate at dinner was pretty full, but I feel it was definitely a plate...and I didn't have any sweets!! Water with my meal which is HUGE for me!

Tomorrow will be lots of laundry and packing....

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

S Day

B: two pancakes with syrup, black coffee
L: pulled pork sandwich with baked beans, split small peach cobbler with hubby
D: leftover five cheese penne, breadstick
S: popcorn

Couch to 5K Week 2 Day 3

tobiasmom

Week 2

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 pm

S Day

B: bowl of dry honeycomb cereal, black coffee
L: steak quesadilla, 16 oz soda (Freebirds)
D: KIND bar, saltines and cheddar

This is the end of week 2. Feeling great! I can see my relationship with food healing slowly but surely :). I am definitely thinking about it less! What a miracle! Heading out on vacation in the morning. I am not stressed at all because I know I can eat anything! Three plates a day....and save the sweets for the weekends! I know I can do this!! Not snacking will be a little challenge cuz my family makes breads and all sorts of stuff, but I can feel the three plates a little bit ingrained in me. My body is just getting used to it....even on S days!

I will check in daily still if I can! This really helps me to stay accountable for now!

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am

B: oatmeal with fried apples, 1/2 blueberry muffin (Cracker Barrel)
L: peanut butter sandwich, chips, animal crackers
D: two shredded beef enchiladas, beans, rice, chips (Mexican restaurant)

Couch to 5K Week 3 Day 1

We started our drive to our hometown in California for vacation! Lots of eating out but sticking with my three plates! Even got on the horrible hotel treadmill :)

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 pm

B: bagel with cream cheese, black coffee
L: peanut butter sandwich, chips, yogurt, animal crackers
D: pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, dinner roll, 1/2 a beer (Coco's)

Day 2 of our drive. Not snacking in the car is tough. Made my lunch a little larger to keep me full til late dinner (time change)!
Last edited by tobiasmom on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:02 am

B: oatmeal, yogurt, black coffee
L: grilled cheese and fries (In N Out)
D: goulash, scalloped potatoes, garlic bread, salad

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 am

You are doing so brilliantly, well done. I have read all your post. So much to learn from you and so much that is encouraging. Your blood pressure improvement is excellent. I really want my blood pressure to drop. I am on medication and it would be so good to get off it! Also know how difficult it must be not to snack in car on long journeys. Have a great vacation. Enjoy all those family breads just keep em on your three plates!! Have fun
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:47 am

Tessytwinkle: thanks!! This is a long journey for me and things are finally falling into place!! You can do it!!

B: one slice banana bread, black coffee
L: goulash, sourdough roll with butter, salad
D: veggie burger, fries (BJ's)

No workout for me for a bit. We got in a huge car accident yesterday on the way into town. We got rear ended, hit and run! The whole back of our minivan is crushed in and window blown out. Poor way to start our vacation, but we are all ok. Just a little sore in my neck and back. Gonna relax on the exercise for a week or so!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh no!! What an upsetting start to your holiday. I am glad you are all ok. Stay safe and as you say relax and enjoy your holiday.
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:38 am

B: ham, sourdough toast with butter, 1/2 banana
L: 1/2 ham and muenster sandwich, kettle chips
D: veggie tacos, fries (Islands)

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 am

S DAY

B: one slice banana bread, whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes, fruit, black coffee
S: pita chips, hummus
L: one avocado roll and one potsticker, chicken with butter wine sauce and mashed potatoes and broccoli (half the plate), Dutch apple cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory)
D: leftover chicken, shrimp, and mashed potatoes
S: three peanut butter choc chip cookies

So this was more over the top than usual, but it was a family celebration at Cheesecake Factory and i actually ate less than normal :)

Tomorrow is day 21!!!!

tobiasmom

Week 3

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:31 pm

S DAY

B: banana bread x 2
L: 2 tacos, quesadilla, fries (Del Taco)
S: oatmeal raisin cookie
D: 4 slices pizza, a few chips

Day 21 :)

tobiasmom

week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:50 pm

B: two slices sourdough with peanut butter, 1/2 banana
L: goulash, salad with ranch, KIND bar
D: ribs, mixed veggies, 1/2 dinner roll
Last edited by tobiasmom on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

wosnes

Re: Week 3

Post by wosnes » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

tobiasmom wrote:S DAY

B: one slice banana bread, whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes, fruit, black coffee
S: pita chips, hummus
L: one avocado roll and one potsticker, chicken with butter wine sauce and mashed potatoes and broccoli (half the plate), Dutch apple cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory)
D: leftover chicken, shrimp, and mashed potatoes
S: three peanut butter choc chip cookies

So this was more over the top than usual, but it was a family celebration at Cheesecake Factory and i actually ate less than normal :)

Tomorrow is day 21!!!!
I remember when I could eat like that (volume) -- but no more. I wish I could now and then. Now it would be the lunch and one smaller meal or one snack. Sigh.

My daughter worked at The Cheesecake Factory for over 10 years. Funny thing for me is, I don't like most of the cheesecakes! There are fewer than half a dozen that I like. The plainer it is, the better I like it. Actually, all of us were pretty sick of cheesecake. They give employees a whole cheesecake at Christmas and for a number of years I took it to work for coworkers.

I do like most of the food, though. My all-time favorite is Thai Lettuce Wraps. Forget the appetizer -- they would be my meal.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 am

B: two slices banana bread, black coffee
L: chile relleno and bean burrito, chips and guacamole
D: homemade chicken soft tacos with corn

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 am

L: 1/2 pot roast sandwich, fries
D: 1/2 curry chicken salad sandwich, cup of tomato bisque, one chicken lettuce wrap, 1/2 a beer

No exercise since the car accident. Just little walks here and there. We are eating out A LOT (because of vacation!) Yuck. But I am sticking with my three plates and no sweets and trying to watch my portions.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Wow, well done for sticking to your plan on vacation with eating out to manage as well. Brilliant that you have reached your 21 days this week, hooray :) Enjoy your vacation
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:35 am

Thanks, Tessy! I really feel this is becoming a lifestyle!!!

L: mushroom and provolone veggie burger, sweet potato fries (no shake like everyone else :)
D: salmon burger with homemade tartar sauce, side salad with ranch, and tater tots (one plate)

Even though my choices have been rich, I feel VERY good about what I've been putting in my mouth and the amount!! Loving this new lifestyle! I know I can stick to this! I've been in a car accident and stressed out with family visit drama....and I'm able to stick with it and keep trucking along! The best part is I'm staying away from the scale so I can just keep going without distraction! I will weigh the first of the month, but I'm not worried about it. I know I'm down at least a bit!!

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 am

FAILURE!

L: chips and salsa, cup of tortilla soup, nachoritos (shared with hubby), Pepsi
S: cookie
D: homemade veggie pizza
S: 3 peanut butter cookies, bowl of choc chip ice cream with choc syrup

It's Friday...and I treated it like a weekend! It happens...
Last edited by tobiasmom on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:13 am

S DAY

B: oatmeal with flax and peanut butter, black coffee
L: pulled pork sandwich, fries, coke, biscuit with apple butter, banana pudding
D: pita chips, guacamole, cookie

Feeling blah. Way too much eating out and I can feel the sugar affects my body differently! Makes me excited for an N day tomorrow!!

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:23 pm

S DAY

B: two slices toast with butter, black coffee
L: pear and Gorgonzola pizza at KPC, 3 cokes
D: bacon wrapped filet mignonette, 1/2 baked potato with sour cream, veggies, dinner roll with butter
S: brownies with ice cream

Feeling pretty yucky! Ready for some clean N days :)

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:21 am

B: two slices pumpkin bread, black coffee
L: Italian sub, chips
S: peanut butter dream bar
D: homemade tacos, rice, broccoli
S: brownie with ice cream

Failure! Ugh. I WAS on a roll. I've not been finishing up my vacation strong!!

Tomorrow WILL be green. My body needs it!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh dear. You've had a hard run of days. But you were really going strong before and vacations are challenging let alone adding in car accident!! You said before things were falling in to place. They still are. Tomorrow will be better :)
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 4

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 am

Thanks, Tessy! I wish I could report green today, but I can't! The only good part is that I actually feel physically sick now. My body can't put up with this kind of eating anymore. I'm tired and stuffed and just totally lethargic!! So no more excuses. I can and WILL get the ball rolling again!!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm

I know how you feel. I had a failure day yesterday and I am all over the place today. But You really can do this. Tomorrow will be the start of your next strong green run i am sure. Good luck
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 pm

B: granola, milk, black coffee
L: salad with ranch, cantaloupe, one beer
D: chicken and cheese sandwich, chips, applesauce

We are finally home...after almost a month of vacation. I've had a series of failures the past week and a half, but yesterday was a success!! I'm back in the saddle and moving forward! Just gotta get back on the exercise train. I haven't worked out since the car accident. One thing at a time :)

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 am

B: oatmeal with milk, 1/2 banana, black coffee
L: salad with ranch, a few pretzels
D: chicken taco salad with chipotle ranch dressing (this was amazing!!)

Instead of the Fresh 20 meal plan, I am trying out No More To Go this week! Man....this first meal tonight was AMAZING! Yum. i like to cook, and I like trying out new things each night....so weekly menu mailers work well for me!

No working out yet!

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

B: granola with milk, black coffee
L: turkey and cheese sandwich with tortilla chips
D: some salad, 1/2 dinner roll, a little pesto ravioli......

I have the flu. We just got back from vacation and were out to dinner with friends at a nice Italian restaurant.....and I just started feeling horrible. Couldn't eat most of my food. Went home and, well, it was coming out both ends all night. I am super weak and dehydrated this morning....but my stomach is a lot better. I should be back to normal tomorrow! Today is an S day....but I will be taking it very slow. My tummy is destroyed.....or as in Ice Age Meltdown, "My stomach hates me!"

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 pm

S DAY

L: 1/2 bagel with a little butter
D: Pork kebab, rice pilaf, pita salad
S: Gatorade

Didn't eat much today because of the flu. I was finally able to eat this afternoon. The dinner (another recipe from No More To Go) was amazing!!
Last edited by tobiasmom on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobiasmom

Monthly Weigh-In

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:46 pm

September 1: 196.6. (-17.4 total)

Down 5.4 pounds this month. I'm sure the fact that I had the flu the other day helped a little :). But aside from a week or so on vacation when I blew it, I have been following the plan, one day at a time! Whether I am losing or not, I feel this great sense of freedom with food right now! The losing just helps. But for all you out there....it has taken me a while to get there. I first attempted No-S a few years ago and have had quite a few false starts. The truth is....this works IF you follow it. That's all you have to do. I haven't always been good with follow-through.

I have been trying to lose weight for about 20 years. Sad...but true! If I had known about No-S that long ago and only lost 1 pound a month....well, you see, that's what you have to tell your brain when the scale isn't going as fast as you want. I could have hit my goal a loooooong time ago! I don't have the energy or will power to yo-yo anymore. Slow but sure wins the race. My recent weight loss has been better because I'm learning how much my body needs slowly but surely AND I'm breast feeding, but I've had many months with no loss at all. Overall the trend is downward and it feels amazing!!

tobiasmom

Week 5

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

S DAY

B: oatmeal with banana, black coffee
L: 1/2 Swiss mushroom burger with fries, water
D: 2.5 slices pizza, 1 slice cheesy bread, 1 cup of soda
S: Gatorade

I feel so much better when I eat home cooked food.....we ate out twice today and my tummy and heartburn don't like it at all! I did eat pretty moderately, though!!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:33 am

You are doing great Tobiasmom! Very inspirational! I don't weigh myself but have noticed little changes here and there physically and huge changes emotionally mentally re: food.

Definitely would eat this way even if I couldn't lose weight on it but I'm pretty sure I will lose at least a little and that's just a great little side benefit.

Keep up the good work & glad you're feeling better.

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 am

Hey!! You are doing awesome! It's so very true what you say! Slow and steady DOES win the race. As you know I have been at this for a long time too. Not counting my past attempts as failures, but as learning experiences. I'm back and ready to just do this one day at a time....habit, habit, habit! That's my goal! Good job girl!!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks, ZippaDee and LPearlmom!

B: bagel with peanut butter, black coffee
L: 1/2 grilled cheese, 1/2 apple, 1 baked mozzarella stick
D: two chicken fajitas with sour cream on homemade corn tortillas (my first attempt at homemade CORN tortillas), a serving of tortilla chips

My 5-year-old got the 24 hour stomach bug last night. So we were up all night and just resting much of today. The good part is I cooked all day here at home. My body likes that A LOT more!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:06 am

Oh no sorry about your little one but glad you got some cooking done!

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:35 pm

B: two oat and honey granola bars, black coffee
L: salad with ranch, triscuits with chipotle dip
D: chicken pineapple curry over rice

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:08 am

L: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cheetohs, applesauce
D: Vietnamese Pho noodle soup (vegetable)

We joined the gym tonight! They have childcare....so I have NO excuses regarding working out anymore! I am wondering where to fit it in between homeschooling and cleaning house and baby naps and kid activities.....but I will be making it a priority!

Tomorrow is my first day. Planning on a spinning class.

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 am

L: sliced cheese, four crackers (small lunch cuz I got too busy too)
D: steak with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, garlic roasted veggies

Activity: 1 hour Body Pump class

Holy moly! Took my first gym class today....body pump! I may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow!! The teacher is 29 weeks pregnant and kicked my rear!! The kids enjoyed the kids club and it was a great ME time!! I should have done this a while ago.

Eating is going well. I got busy and didn't eat lunch til after homeschooling (4pm)... So I ate small. Dinner was a nice plate of food! I sort of wanted some sweets tonight, but I just ignored it. I can have that candy bar we bought from the neighbor kid in two days IF I still want it!

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 pm

S DAY

S: two breakfast tacos
L: chips and cheese with sour cream, caramel chocolate candy bar, popcorn
D: chicken Parmesan burger (half), carrots with homemade ranch, two beers

Friday and Sunday S days this week. We will see how that goes......

I'm ridiculously sore today.

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 pm

L: pulled pork sandwich, carrots with ranch
D: loaded baked potato and chicken casserole with sour cream, slice of sourdough with butter

Activity: 50 minutes elliptical

Still really sore today, but I think that might just be the way it is for a while. I'm loving going to the gym, and I'm feeling great!

I also baked four dozen peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses on top and didn't eat one!! Not even the dough :). But I did put two in the freezer for my S day tomorrow!
Last edited by tobiasmom on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Hey, way to go, you are going to get yourself seriously fit. You have got to grips with the gym, keep going. it looks like living healthily and being fitter is so important. Plus you have lost weight!! wow, you are so impressive. I am so pleased for you and will follow your path, slow and steady. It works!!! Well done :)
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 6

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Wild S day yesterday! I can't even remember everything I ate to write down! It's mostly cuz we had a church get-together last night and I just had a lot of sweets! I can feel it this morning. Groggy and bloated. It's actually a great thing. It's great to feel the difference between N days and a wild S day. Makes me soooo happy to have a clean N day today :)

So today's plan: 3 meals (making a chicken bowtie soup for dinner with sourdough for the family but going out with a good friend to Panera after my workout) and Zumba

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 am

Fail. Oops. Got a little crazy with the Hershey kisses and tortilla chips during homeschooling this afternoon :( oh, well! I also got a flu shot and my arm is sore so I didn't make it to zumba.

Tomorrow's a new day!

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm

'One week down, a lifetime to go'

Love this :)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh dear Hershey kisses are very addictive I am sure :) and once I have opened tortilla chips no matter what sized bag I seem to eat them all so a little tortilla Craziness is completely understandable to me! But as they say what a difference a day makes :) have a good one tomorrow
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 am

L: two slices pizza, a little salad
D: chicken farfalle soup with a slice of homemade country white bread with butter

Activity: 1 hour body combat

Wow...cardio combat was serious fun and a very tough workout!! Eating was right back on track today. Ate two slices of pizza at a pizza buffet!!! Feels amazing!

Life is so busy right now. Homeschool coops and drum lessons and gymnastics and the gym and actually homeschooling....along with taking care of the house and a 9-month-old! Yikes!

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 am

Ugh...another fail today! Darn. Second one this week! Had soda twice today (needed some caffeine) and some of those darn Hershey kisses! The good news is I did 45 minutes on the elliptical!

Nothing is stopping me. This is for life....and a few chocolate kisses and sugar-filled sodas won't change a thing :)

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 am

B: bagel with peanut butter, coffee
L: coconut chicken salad with warm honey mustard dressing
D: two crunchy tacos with sour cream, Spanish rice, one beer

Activity: 1 hour body pump :)

Delicious day of home cooked meals!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 am

Well done! I am so impressed with how you keep on track, even when you have a bad day you pick yourself up and stabilise yourself really quickly. You are doing so well :) you have so much on your plate ( life wise not food wise) :lol: yet you still find time to get in your exercise! that is such a strong example for me to follow. Awesome, you've got this cracked.
Tessy

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 am

How brilliant is body pump!
I love it :)

You are doing so well :D
Starting weight 167 lbs

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 am

thank you for the encouraging words
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 pm

S DAY

Ate out twice yesterday AND had quite a bit of sugar. Feeling icky. I think I might just have an N day today and follow that SOMETIMES Reinhard speaks of! I just don't like how my body feels right now and adding more junk on top just sounds miserable!

We do have a date night planned tonight :). And I'm trying a yoga class this morning. My hubby is training for a marathon and is running 17 miles this morning! Crazy military man :)

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm

S DAY

So.....I didn't follow the sometimes I had planned. BUt it was an S day after all so all is ok! Had a date night and thoroughly enjoyed a nice meal, some soda, and bread pudding a la mode! I also did an hour of vinyasa flow yoga! Loved it!! I will definitely be doing that class on Saturdays. My body loved me for it, although I'm sore from holding some of those stretching poses....sore in a good way!!

Today (Sunday) is actually an N day for me. So today will be three meals and probably no exercise cuz I have church AND we are buying a bedroom set this afternoon! Finally! 14 years of marriage and we are finally getting a bedroom set (with a Tempurpedic)!!

tobiasmom

Week 7

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 pm

B: Bagel with peanut butter, black coffee
L: cheeseburger, fries, water
D: chicken cutlet with tomato cream sauce over fettuccine

No workout today. Felt awesome to be back to 3 meals! Goal this week: all green! I've struggled to make that happen the past two weeks. So this week WILL be green. Of course I'm just happy to be getting back on track the very next day. That's what I love about this plan. You mess up....and you just start again the next meal!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 am

I'm in awe of your steadiness, a green week is a good plan. We need to go back to smaller steps and goals than 21 days at times. The bigger steps beckon. Hang in there and I wish you a strong green week
Tessy :D

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 am

L: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips
D: marinated pork tenderloin with asparagus salad and crispy smashed potatoes

Activity: 1 hour body combat

Good day today, but I must have burned a lot of calories in the kickboxing class cuz I am starving today! Struggling with wanting a snack tonight, but I will make it through :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:38 am

Great job! Kickboxing? You rock!

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:46 am

B: turkey breakfast sausage, toast with butter, black coffee
L: slice of French bread with peanut butter, Pringles, banana
D: fish pita taco with spicy tartar sauce and avocado, mango slaw

Activity: 45 minutes elliptical

Busy day. Ate at home all day, though, between activities! Not as hungry today as I was yesterday, but still a little :) I think the increase in activity has me a bit hungrier, but I'm sure my body will adjust. I feel smaller. That's always nice. But no weigh-in until the 1st!

I'm making a peanut butter trifle tomorrow for bible study, and I'm gonna save a bit for Saturday!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Brilliant that you feel smaller :) you are really working hard at this and seeing the results, no weighing till 1 st. But feeling smaller is such a great sign whatever. Well done
Tessy.

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:31 am

Peanut Butter trifle sounds like my idea of heaven! :D
Starting weight 167 lbs

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am

S DAY - Wednesday

B: toast with peanut butter, banana, black coffee
L: bean, cheese, and guacamole burrito
S: mini peanut butter cups
D: 2.5 slices pizza, peanut butter brownie trifle

No activity

I'm splitting my S days again. We are back to Wednesday night bible study (we eat together), and it just is a lot easier for me to take Wednesdays and Saturdays. I prefer not doing two days in a row anyway. So we will see how this goes for the next month or so.

It's amazing how my body reacts to sugar now, though! I love the taste, but my body just feels crummy.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Splitting S days sounds live a really smart idea. That way you can really enjoy your bible study.

I know what you mean about your body reacting differently now. I'm so much more lethargic on S days. I really notice a difference so hopefully I'll start to act a little saner on those days at some point!

Linda

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 am

B: Greek yogurt, banana
L: cheese enchiladas, beans, rice, a few chips
D: party pinwheel (one tortilla with cream cheese, olives, green onions, red bell pepper, cheese), Pringles

Activity: 1 hour body pump

What a workout today! I am feeling it, but I really like it!

I would love to have some of that leftover trifle in my fridge....but not til Saturday. Hopefully hubby won't eat it all, but if he does I will find another treasure :)

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 pm

B: bagel with peanut butter, banana, black coffee
L: two slices leftover pizza
D: chicken pot pie

Activity: 1 hour Zumba (so-so. A little too dance-y for me. I felt like I didn't get such a good workout trying to figure out all the moves.)

I made the pot pie, and it was super UGLY (I'm horrible at forming crust), but it was delicious!!! A lady in my neighborhood fell and broke both legs...so I doubled it. Chicken pot pie soothes the soul :)

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:26 am

Aww how lovely to share your pie. It will be so valued by your neighbour. I am making bread each week for my friend whose husband died. She says it nourishes her and comforts her especially on long nights when she creeps downstairs and makes a little toast. Bless you. Have a lovely weekend
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 8

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:08 am

S DAY

Today was a rather "wild" S day just cuz I ate a lot more than usual. I'm full! Glad I've split my S days cuz I most definitely need an N day tomorrow after today!

B: poured a bowl of fruit loops I've been waiting all week for....and ate 4 bites. Yuck! lime Greek yogurt instead with black coffee
L: leftover chicken pot pie, Pringles, peanut butter trifle
D: chips, salsa, cheese enchilada, beef taco, beans and rice, two huge sodas.....AND tres leches cake :). Huge meal at Chuy's. Yum.
S: Young's chocolate stout beer

Activity: 1 hour vinyasa yoga (major sweat)

I'm considering having just one full S day, either Saturday or Sunday, and just one S event on Wednesdays (like one dessert). I'm just not happy with two full on crazy days :). I guess they would still be called S days. I just feel like I am doing pretty well with N days lately so I'd like to work on cleaning up my S days a little. Still enjoy them, but maybe lower the quantity! Just thinking out loud.....

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 pm

B: bagel with peanut butter, banana, black coffee
L: half a quesadilla, Pringles
D: 2 slices frozen pizza, one beer

Activity: 55 minutes elliptical

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:40 am

L: filet o' fish, fries, water
D: Asian flank steak, roasted baby potatoes, grilled zucchini, one beer

Activity: 45 minute spinning class (major sweat!!!!)

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 am

FAIL. Zoinks! I blew it yesterday! Had a couple sodas and quite a few of those darn chocolate kisses! I stuck with three meals but they were three big unhealthy meals. Spent half the day at the Honda service department. Unexpected delay....which then caused unexpected eating out.....and throwing all caution to the wind!

Oh, well. Today's another day. I would normally be doing an S day today (Wednesday), but I just know deep down that that's not a good idea today. So N day it is!

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:25 am

B: bagel with cream cheese, black coffee
L: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Pringles
D: goat cheese lasagna, garlic bread (soooooo good)

No activity today (just got way too busy with BSF, homeschooling, drum lessons, making lasagna, and church small group)! Body Pump tomorrow morning, though :)

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:40 pm

L: grilled cheese, chips with onion dip, melon
D: leftover lasagna, garlic bread

Activity: 45 min body pump

Got called out of class early cuz Linc had a fever. He is not feeling well. My poor baby!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:15 am

Oh dear. Hope Linc is ok? Watch out for those chocolate kisses they are dangerous :) you are back on track though, well done.
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 am

L: cheeseburger, fries, salad
D: one cheese enchilada, rice, beans

Activity: 35 min elliptical

Lincoln still has a fever today, but it is controlled with Tylenol. I'm hoping it clears up quickly!

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:06 am

S DAY

B: apple fritter, black coffee
L: lasagna, garlic bread, Pringles
D: two hot dogs, chips and salsa, coke, small slice cake
S: Reese's pb cup, sangria x 2 cups

Had a lot at a birthday party this evening. Feel kinda bloated. But I did enjoy myself. That's what S days are for. People at the party were talking about different diets and giving up this and that on Monday. I just feel so great that I'm just continuing on this way of eating daily. I don't have to restart on Monday!

I do plan for a little saner S day tomorrow, though.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 am

Sounds like a yummy and enjoyable S day. Just as it should be. You're right it is so brilliant to be steadily following your own path with no diet chatter or endless diet 'resolutions'! Way to go :)
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 am

S DAY

I can't even remember everything I ate. Home all day with sick kids. Sad to miss church :(. I snacked quite a bit. I also made some cookies!

Happy for an N day. Not sure if I will get to the gym today. Missing it A LOT, but I can't take sick kids to the gym! Part of being a mom. It's not all about me!!

tobiasmom

Week 9

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Sadly, I ended September with a FAIL. Didn't deal with the stress of a sick, crying baby well. Ugh... But it's a new day and a new month! I had four failures in September. That's one per week. Let's see if I can get through October with two or less! I'm just trying to be realistic here! My weigh-in for the month is Friday, but I'm not feeling any thinner after two crazy S days and a fail. We will see what Friday brings! Either way....No-S is my new life. My brain tries to tell me that I should try another diet and get this weight off quicker. But my heart knows the truth. I canNOT ever stick with ANY of them!! My weight is going down slowly but surely but most of all I'm slowly breaking free of dieting!! Am I perfect? Nope. Never will be. But I'm trying to give my very best day after day :)

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:41 pm

I know what you mean about trying something else to make weight come off quicker, I had those thoughts early on, but it's so much better for it to come off slowly and steadily and more importantly sanely than to continue yo yoing
Sometimes impatience takes over but you just have to ignore that niggly voice!!

Like you say, your heart knows the truth and we are so lucky to have found this way of life. I see people on diets recently and I feel sorry for them, I don't try and explain NO S to them because people are sometimes so closed off and what they are doing 'is the best diet'

If they are meant to find it they will in their own good time!

:D
Starting weight 167 lbs

tobiasmom

Week 10

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm

B: bowl of Cheerios with milk
L: sub sandwich, pita chips, potato salad
D: baked chimichanga with green chile sauce and borracho beans

No activity today. Feels good to have a green day, though!

tobiasmom

Week 10

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 pm

S DAY

B: Noosa yogurt with granola, black coffee
L: bean, rice, and guacamole burrito with chips, large coke
S: strawberry coconut boba smoothie, 6 Oreos
D: small ice cream sundae in a cup (at bible study)

I haven't worked out since Friday and I'm feeling it. Lethargic. My body needs some exercise for sure. Life has just been pretty crazy! I'm planning to try to get there this afternoon!

I like my Wednesday S days, but it does disrupt my flow through the week a bit. We will see how the rest of the week goes. I just also am not too keen on two S days in a row. I feel it makes Mondays REALLY rough. So for now I am sticking with Wed and Sat S days.

Today WILL be green!!

tobiasmom

Week 10

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 am

October 1: 196.2 (-0.4). TOTAL: -17.8

So I'm down close to half a pound this month. I expected it to be more with the exercise, but I have had a strong run of failures and excessive S days lately so I'm not shocked.

The bad news is I had yet another FAIL today...grrrr.....

But as you see, the big picture outlook is still awesome. I'm almost 18 pounds thinner than I was the beginning of the year. But where I've really lost some weight is mentally!! I love No-S.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:27 am

Aw.... Sorry for you about the fail. But as you say look at the big picture. That is just amazing :!: :!: think how good it will be next month if you stay as green as you can. Awesome :)
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 10

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh, man! I'm struggling! Already had a soda this morning. The pull of sweets is so strong. Grrrr....

Yesterday I was on my way to the gym and hubby called with a flat tire....and said the car had fallen on his toe. $300 later and his toenail messed up, I stress ate and have fallen off the wagon! Amazing the pull food has on me when I'm emotional! It's not even that big of a deal, but anything out of my normal routine is tough for me to deal with. I struggle with anxiety. This has been lifelong for me!

Anyway, I'm just gonna move on and finish out the rest of my day green. I hAVE to get to the gym today. That really helps the anxiety!

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow so my plan is one piece of cake and three plates. One foot in front of the other.....

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Ack poor guy!! Soda doesn't seem to bad but I know disappointing.

Have fun at your wedding!!

Linda

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Oh dear. Try not to Rory this is a blip. Your overall trend is completely green, the odd flash of old habits is to be expected at times of stress, but frustrating I know. You have had a lot to cope with this week. Poorly kids, crying baby and now hurt hubby, hard going for you. You will pick up the threads again. Enjoy your weekend. New week on Monday :)
Tessy

tobiasmom

Week 10

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 pm

S DAY

L: one appetizer taco, turkey, potato salad, baked beans (one plate), 1.5 pieces wedding cake, tea
D: peanut butter sandwich, Pringles, one beer
S: popcorn, mini ice cream sandwich

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm

I feel like an idiot to even come and tell you about my week, but honesty is the best policy, right?!

So I got all hung up on trying to be healthier and eat better and lose faster and once again started counting points. I know, I know!! Ugh... I made it three days....and it all crumbled yesterday! It's just not something I can do long-term. My life is too busy to count every.single.thing I put in my mouth. It becomes an obsession. Too much energy!

Why? Because I get sucked into the world telling me that I NEED to eat a certain way. My mind plays tricks on me. But No-S IS working for me. Not as fast as other plans....but really it ends up being a lot faster.....because all the other diets I have been on for....well, 20 years, I've lost a total of NoThING on them. I actually weigh more than when I started this diet thing at age 10!!!! So do they really work at all? That's a big fat negative!

So today I'm happily going to eat my three plates and not worry about a single darn point :). It's really pretty ridiculous when I write it all out!

Please learn from me, Everybody! Don't try this at home :). no-S is freedom!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Oh dear, you poor thing you, I know only too well how you feel. We have so much bad history and bad attitudes deep down inside it is no wonder we stray from the path. I am really struggling because I am desperate to loose weight even though I know I cannot do it on a 'diet'! So your relapse ( shall we call it that!) back to the points way of life makes perfect sense to me. I understand and sympathize so much. But I am also very impressed that you were able to fess up and get back on track, that is the miracle of NoS, it is always there as the path for us , even when we stray :) have a good weekend and a new green week awaits you I am sure :-)

Tessy

jw

Post by jw » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 pm

It's the one plan I have never tried -- and I will take your advice, tobiasmom! Glad you are back!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

tobiasmom

Week 11

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey, all! Just checking in to put my goals for the week out there. I think I've realized that writing what I eat every day has been making me feel a little obsessive and more diet-ish. So I'm planning to just check-in once a week and any time I'm struggling. I love the community here so I will still check-in with you all, but I think I'm gonna stop tracking my every meal. I think it's taking away some of the freedom no-s gives.....

This week I ReAlLy need some green. I've had at least one red a week for more than a month!! So this week I'm planning all green and 4-5 days at the gym.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 am

I know what you mean about writing your food each day. It can be counter productive. Good to check in though. I am wishing you a good green week and happy exercise days :) you can get a green week I am sure :lol:

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:37 am

Cheering for you Tobiasmom!! I feel the same way about writing down all my food. It is too "dietish" for me as well. I need to make this as simple as possible. I want the focus off the food! Good luck this week! Rah!! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 am

Good luck for a green week!
I've often checked packets for calories then stopped myself thinking about it. we're allowed 3 plates and that is what we shall have! :-D
Starting weight 167 lbs

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

So I think not writing every single thing I eat is a good idea, but I NEED to be checking in here daily for accountability! Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I blew it yesterday. I don't know why I've hit this bump. I counted points for three days and now I can't stick to my three plates! It's the sugar that's killing me!! Soda is the bane of my existence. I know this plan isn't about cutting anything out, but I believe soda is a major trigger for me. It needs to go.

So.....no matter what happens today I will be sticking to my three plates. Not gonna worry about exercise. Just three plates. Period. No sweets. No seconds. No snacks.

tobiasmom

Week 11

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Gotta get my act together!! I have more red this month than green so far! But I've had two meals today with a great dinner planned and SHoUlD be green today!