Donnado's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Donnadolittlemore

Donnado's daily check in

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Today is my first day! It has been a piece of cake... Quite literally... Today is Sunday! Tomorrow is Monday and I have every intention of doing great. Regardless of the fact that Halloween was a few days ago. It rained on Halloween and had very few trick or treaters. You see where this is going. However, I know much of it will still be there on Saturday, so there is a light (or candy bar) at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to get this No S party started!

Donnadolittlemore

Daily check in

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

Today was my first official No S day. It was not horrible. In a way, it was a relief. With as much candy and temptation we have in the house, I am certain it would have been a day of emotional warfare. However, there were no decisions to make. When I thought of having some chocolate, the answer was not 'no', but 'yes', on Saturday. I am not saying it was easy, but maybe a little freeing.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 am

I agree it's a relief and very freeing to not have to deal with the constant indecision over whether to eat or not eat.

Welcome!

Linda :)
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 am

Glad to hear your first few days are going well :)
and welcome to this forum. I have never used a forum before this one. it is full of lovely supportive people :)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am

Welcome. It is nice to see you here. Keep us posted.
Kat :wink:
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

jw

Post by jw » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Add my welcome as well! This forum is a good place!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:31 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement.

Changing old ways is not easy. It was a rather stressful day and sweet temptations were presented at every turn. I was offered donuts in the morning, chocolate with friends then lots of Halloween candy. It was very hard to not self medicate with sweets. I did not have one bite! Yippee! Sometimes I saw my hand reaching for it like a reflex. It took my brain a moment to catch up with my hand's mission. Proud of today. One day at a time!

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am

Well done! And the next S day is just around the corner :D
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 am

No sweets. No seconds. No snacks. Done! Was not easy!

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 am

Yesterday was a successful No S day. Made healthy choices and then went to a party that had lots of cookies. I decided not to make it a Special day and had 0 cookies! Thankfully they were offering cookies and not cupcakes! May not have made the same decision. :?

jw

Post by jw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 pm

You are staying strong, Donna! Great start on your No S journey!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Yesterday was a success. Not the healthiest choices for meals, but I did not break any rules. Baby steps.

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Keep up the good work. You are doing GREAT.
Kat :wink:
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:55 am

Thank you Kat!

Today was a success. An S day and I didn't go crazy.

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 am

Success today and I exercised.