frustrated

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

logical

frustrated

Post by logical » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 am

I have been trying for 4 days and have failed everyday. I always screw up. I will try again tomorrow. My willpower sucks

Today
B. Coffee with, cream
L. Potato salad, 2 bags of chips, coke
D. 2 tacos, beer

I feel gross, I, eaty too much at a, time thinking I will be hungry later.
I can do it!

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:58 am

Hi,

It's a hard time of year to start this. If your house is anything like mine there are leftovers and chocolates everywhere, lots of visits to family who are also trying to get rid of leftovers and chocolates...etc etc.

Saturday and Sunday are S days so you can't fail, and you don't need to restrict your eating on those days, On an N day your meals below wouldn't be a fail if that's all you ate, but you probably didn't eat enough to keep you from being hungry. An important part of No S is making sure that you eat enough at meals to see you over to the next one.

You don't always screw up. I bet there are loads of things in your life that you do successfully every day without even noticing. Keep practising No S and you will get there.
Enjoy your S's on this lovely Sunday, and plan some nice meals for Monday that will keep you full during the day. Be kind to yourself. Sometimes I just have to praise myself for being successful an hour at a time!

Keep us posted on your progress :D
53 years old
Average weight loss:
May 18 - 2.45lbs

logical

Post by logical » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, idontknow

True about having some success. I tend to focus on the negative I guess.

Good way to look at it...practice practice practice

Happy Sunday and thank you
I can do it!