Freegirl's Weekly Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

freegirl

Freegirl's Weekly Check-in

Post by freegirl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

I am back. I tried No S a couple of times in the past, was successful for a month or so, then started failing day after day, and finally gave up. My mistakes:
- I wasn't eating sweets at all. I feel so much better when I don't eat sweets. But I should eat some on S days for balance.
- I was trying to stick to vanilla No S. That is too much for me, at least for now. I need to eat something when I wake up before gym, and I also need my afternoon snack. Yes, I know that I can say that I eat 5 meals instead of 2 meals and 2 snacks, but I don't really care.

I am so tired of thinking about food so much, of changing my decisions and eating plans so often, of regaining the weight I lost, of feeling like a failure.....

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 am

Hi, welcome back. I also at one point joined in 2011..funny but I just came back and so did another poster.... :) I've copied a couple links below from replies to my posts when I first came back..you might find some of the feedback helpful! Here is to the 2011 gang!

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9776

Another one "how long does it take" A lot of good feedback from others.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9784
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8