Kirstie Alley's new diet plan...what do you think?

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
becky123abc

Kirstie Alley's new diet plan...what do you think?

Post by becky123abc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm

I've watched Kirstie Alley and her efforts to lose weight...it just goes to show that money and fame really don't matter much in these matters.

I hope she's successful in her ventures...but I'm so glad I've found a plan that doesn't require me investing tons of money (like I did with Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig) or eliminating foods I like (low carb).

http://www.organicliaison.com/intro/video Do you think her new plan will be successful? I have my doubts...but I also know how desperate we are sometimes...and desperate people can do desperate things.

Journey

Post by Journey » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:04 am

Hmm, I doubt it will work. Organic food doesn't make you lose weight. You can lose weight on conventional foods.

Seems like a way for her to make some money.

Seems like a bunch of supplements to me.

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 pm

I agree. You cannot change your habits by trying to make the food behave. We are the ones that have to make better choices and control our portions. But I do hope she is successful. I cannot imagine gaining weight and then having everyone in the world see horrible pictures of me....Ug!
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 am

I saw the ads for the show. I wondered, why we as a culture, think Kirstie Alley (or Kim Kardashian, Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, Dog the Bounty Hunter, etc.) are culturally relevent?

I hope Kirstie Alley can lose her weight, and get healthy, and I hope she can be an inspiration for many.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:26 pm

stubby1234 wrote:I agree. You cannot change your habits by trying to make the food behave. We are the ones that have to make better choices and control our portions.
Great statement!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."