Sob, Sniffle, Sigh...

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Jammin' Jan

Sob, Sniffle, Sigh...

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:24 pm

Well, as of today, I am officially unemployed. The little grocery store where I have been working was sold this morning, to be converted into an indoor archery range.

We are in a rural area and there aren't many places around here to work. Guess I will try Walmart in the next town over. :cry: Definitely not going back to McDonald's!

Any of you who are religious...I would really appreciate prayers at this time.

On the bright side, the kids are fine, the church where we live and work is fine, we are all healthy, and hubby and I will celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks. Husband reminded me of all this; he said I need to keep the job loss in perspective. As usual, he's right! Anyway, please pray for me.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Oh Jan. I'm sorry to hear about that. That grocery store job was just the perfect thing for you :( .

Sadly as I had a falling out with matters of organised religion, I can't really pray for you in the conventional sense, but I will send good wishes and think of you positively. I do believe that everything that happens to us happens for a reason though, so I'm sure it will work out for you in the end.

I hope you find something else soon.
C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:01 pm

Thanks, CaroleJo! I apprecieate your well-wishes.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 pm

Little Jammin Jan!
Sorry about your job, but it is just one door closing and certainly, another will open for you!!!!

No Mickey D's! Okay!!!

I sent a special Little Jan prayer just now! It will work!!!!!
Your husband is right... this is part of your divine path, so don't sniff and sob because something better is around the corner!

I bet you would make a great personal trainer!
You should find out about working at a club...
You're in good shape and you love exercise... It's not hard to learn how to stretch people, and with your Qi Gong and Tai Chi background, you could be an important asset to any gym that may wish to give classes in those activities...
Are there any gyms around that you can check out?
There's of course, some "roughing it" months in the beginning while you build up your clientelle, but maybe you could get a starting guaranteed salary per hour..
A busy personal trainer can make between 100 and 200 a day.. Depends on your bookings of course, but then if you taught Tai Chi too, you might really be able to swing a decent weekly part time salary...

Hope you find a great job which brings you joy and prosperity!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:42 am

Thanks for the prayer, Deb. What I need is an "instant" job since we will be moving at the first of August. I don't have time to look around or to build up a clientele. Maybe later on, when we get back to MN, but not now. Teaching chi kung would be a lot of fun, though, and I'm hoping to do that in a couple of years. Secretly, inside my mind, I'm already putting the class curriculum together! So, some day....