Obnoxious ads continue...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Obnoxious ads continue...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Yuck!!!!!!
I do not care to "review the top diet pills"....

Reinhard.. This is so insulting!!!
How do they manage to get their billboard sized ads on your little site???
Grrrr.......

LOL...
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:02 pm

I think it's kind of funny, and it's a good reminder to be very thankful that I found No-S.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 am

Those kind of ads are annoying, especially because they do mislead poor desperate souls who want to be thin NOW....glad that was the one thing i refused to try. they reek havoc on the body...
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Kid Charlemagne

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:13 pm

I like Jan's perspective-very Zen... Reinhard perhaps gets some advertising revenue, and we get a not so subtle reminder of why we do what we do-- and the last laugh. :lol:

So I say... keep 'em coming. It's a refreshing example of reverse corporate exploitation. In fact... I think advertisers of every diet and excercise gimmick should be given space. We can even click on them, read their ridiculous testimonials, make fun of them in our forum, and post real, patient, life-changing results.

kid
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:39 pm

Very true, Kid! :lol: :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:49 pm

I don't have much control over what shows up. It's basically just on or off and I have to have faith in google. I can request that individual site's ads not be shown (I've just added these guys to the list) but that's a pretty labor intensive way of filtering. I wish could say "don't show anything with the word 'pill' in it," but I can't. And unfortunately just about anything advertising on any diet related term is bound to be crap.

I almost manage to cover expenses runnig these ads, so I'm loath to get rid of them. But the vast majority of my ad clicks come from the nosdiet site, not the bulletin board, so maybe I'll get rid of them here or make them invisible once you log in (extra incentive to sign up!).

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Don't bother yourself Reinhard!
I just felt like mentioning the latest because it's just so gosh darn in-your-face obnoxious...
I like Jan and Kid's take on it though..
Cool...

If they are helping your costs, then by all means, let all the obnoxious diet potions show their ugly heads here..
We just won't be fooled by them!
Ha ha ha... :twisted:

Nothing, I repeat, nothing compares with NOS!

PS.. When you have a book out Reinhard, may you be googled up the wazoo with tons of interested newbies!!!!!!!
Personally, I am expecting a first edition, autographed copy! :wink:
(Which of course I will purchase! LOL....)

Dixie_Amazon

Post by Dixie_Amazon » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:27 pm

I have been a member of other forums where you could donate to help keep the board ad free.
Dennise