Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Take your testimonial to a scientist!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Take your testimonial to a scientist! Reply with quote

"Testimonial?" "Scientific?"

Those two words don't seem to go together on the surface.

But Kathleen recently alerted me to the existence of National Weight Control Registry, which investigates "long-term successful weight loss maintenance."

http://www.nwcr.ws/

The criteria are more stringent that what I suggested for this "testimonials" forum, but only a little: maintaining a 30 pound weight loss for at least a year. (note that this doesn't automatically get you in)

If you fall into this category, as plenty who have posted here do, I'd strongly encourage you to check it out. It would be great to get some scientific validation of No-s, for one thing. And who knows, with enough evidence, maybe they'll even figure out something better eventually. It is refreshing to see some serious attention directed at what we here know is the most important part of the weight control problem: long-term maintenance.

I qualify myself, so I think I'll go ahead and lead the charge.

See y'all in a database in Rhode Island,

Reinhard

Last edited by reinhard on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blithe Morning

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. Did anyone sign up and get accepted? What's the process like? What sorts of info do you have to provide. Unless you have some sort of non-disclosure agreement, I'd love to hear the back story.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up on the web and they sent me a big package of paper forms, which alas, are still sitting in my inbox, and are probably destined for recycling. They didn't ask for anything outrageous, but I find it hard to churn through paper forms without a gun to my head.

Reinhard
dockanz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my packet for the fourth year in the program.
ziggy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blithe Morning wrote:
I'm curious. Did anyone sign up and get accepted? What's the process like? What sorts of info do you have to provide. Unless you have some sort of non-disclosure agreement, I'd love to hear the back story.

I also applied and got that same huge package. Since I lost the weight years ago and didn't get confirmation from my doctor I had no way to prove that I once weighed 201 and stayed below 170 for years. Now at around 180 I am more interested in getting that weight off than I am becoming part of the registry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: