I guess it is good news and bad news!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

I guess it is good news and bad news!

Post by Laff » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:03 am

First of all, I am on Day 45 and it is going well. I still haven't weighed and don't feel a need to. The weight isn't falling off but I feel good about myself. The bad news is I chose to cook perogies for supper (def. a red light food for me). The good news is it is the first time I have left the table not stuffed and feeling awful after eating perogies. I had a reasonable quantity and no seconds!! I didn't even attempt to count calories, I am just happy that I was able to stop after one serving. I have also noticed that my husband is watching his servings and sweets. Hurray for him.
By the way, my weekends are slowly improving.
I wish each of you continued success.
Laff :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 am

So where's the bad news?

Have a great night Laff!

Continued success to you too :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:29 pm

Laff,

Unless you're following some other diet in tandem with no-s, this is all good news. It's ok to eat delicious things! It's encouraged. And you stopped with "reasonable quantities" -- that's fantastic.

Congratulations on this triumph and on your big picture success of making it to day 45.

Reinhard

Laff

Post by Laff » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm

I guess you are right. There really was no bad news as it turned out. The risk I took was choosing a 'red-light' food and was thinking that it was asking for trouble. Finding out I could handle it is huge!! Thanks for the responses and encouragement.
Keep smiling. :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Kevin

Good News!

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:53 am

The bad news is, there are left-over perogies, which in itself is a crime in your state, Ma'ame.

Send them to me and I won't report you.

That restraint looks good on you!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

nonskanse

Post by nonskanse » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:14 am

...perogies....

I used to eat 6 at once. I think we've got some here maybe tomorrow's dinner, but I doubt I could eat 6 anymore.

You go with the restraint. I'm finding it hard being a n00b and you veterans of the system inspire me ^_^
"It's the perfect time of year
Somewhere far away from here"

Lilzui

Post by Lilzui » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:52 am

This is gonna sound crazy, what with being British and all, but what are 'perogies'?

Thanks!

Suzanne
'Please God, if you can't make me thin, make my friends fat'!!!

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:20 am

You don't know what you are missing, my friend! It is a Ukrainian food. It is a potato dough cut in small circles and filled with a variety of things but most commonly cheese and potato. One of my sons prefers them filled with only cottage cheese and another one likes the fruit-filled ones. I love them filled with saurkraut. They are boiled and then often fried in onions and are very, very good. :D
Gotta smile. Laff