Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imogen's Daily Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
automatedeating

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending good thoughts your and baby's way. How old is she? And do you have more than one daughter or am I getting you mixed up with Sinny or Tess or something?
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Auto! I have just one kid and as I say, one is definitely enough for me Laughing

TUESDAY 56.9 Mr. Green (rapid water weight loss, I guess)

B: 2 slices ww bread with smoked fish and vegetable spread, half an apple
chai coffee (sweet and milky)
L: quiche, grapes
D: pierogi

Last edited by Imogen Morley on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
automatedeating

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did daycare go?
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as yesterday, and my husband reported that she had tried to escape once they got there. Well, it's only her second day, I can't realistically expect that an introverted 21-month old will perfectly adjust to the situation in a matter of days. I guess we're talking weeks, maybe months. Gosh, I'm still quite uncomfortable in social situations involving lots of people at the same time, and I'm 33. I completely understand her distress, but the daycare option is the best long-term solution we could come up with.
The fact that both husband and I have extremely stressful time at work right now doesn't help. I just keep telling myself that sticking to NoS at least eliminates the gluttony problem, so there's one less thing to worry about. As P said this afternoon, "let's not make the day worse by overeating".
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEDNESDAY Embarassed 56.8

B: tuna&egg sandwich, small banana
L: quiche, pear
milky coffee
D: split pea soup, dinner roll
fail: 2 pieces chocolate, fudge candy, large piece of brownie

I had craved that brownie all day long, managed to white-knuckle it until early evening, and gave up. I wolfed down the candy in the hope that something smaller and less calorie dense would satisfy my desperate sugar craving. I should have eaten the damn brownie in the first place.
N seems to be making some progress in daycare, and taking interest in some of the activities, especially the musical ones. She's still complaining, though.
I'm incredibly stressed right now, and we'll be having guests over the weekend, so I won't be able to relax even then. I focus on putting one foot in front of the other.

Last edited by Imogen Morley on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
alene1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and thanks for coming by my journal! It's really stressful to leave your little one at first. Thankfully, kids are so resilient, and I bet in short order she'll be loving the time time to play with other kids. Hang in there!

I've just let go of calorie counting too, and it is very freeing, though scary. You can do it, and you'll be much happier for it I think. Smile
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THURSDAY Embarassed 56.8

B: (large plate) 2 slices ww bread, salmon pate, 2 eggs, celery, 2 small pumpkin pancakes
fail: coworker brought some mini crullers, I had 1
L: open-faced egg salad sandwich, a little bit of sausage
D: chicken drumstick, 1/2 potato, cup of broth, 1/2 apple
fail: I ate a bowl of potato salad I was making for the guests, some chocolates and candy.
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRIDAY 57.5 Embarassed

B: cottage cheese with chives and avocado, slice of bread/butter, half an apple
L: whole wheat pb&b sandwich, milk
D: dinner roll, split pea soup
fail: two pancakes I was making for Nina

I have to stop viewing failure as a "treat", and see it for what it really is: self-sabotage that makes my previous efforts go to waste.
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATURDAY 57.1 Wink

B: cottage cheese with avocado and chives, slice of bread/butter, half an apple, 3 pancakes with maple syrup
L: sausage with fixings, roll, cruller, 4 squares hazelnut chocolate
snack: 3 squares white chocolate with blackcurrants
D: 2 pigs in blankets, salad, chocolate cake with blackcurrants

Ugh, I'm feeling so full this evening. Dinner was too rich, I don't even like chocolate that much, and I always feel yucky when I skip eating at least two pieces of fruit every day or have sweets on empty stomach. Tomorrow we're having dinner with extended family, but I don't want to go to bed feeling stuffed and miserable.
N is getting used to the daycare, I think. She waves goodbye or fist bumps the ladies that work there when we leave, she's started participating in the activities, and so on. Of course, she's not happy when we walk there in the morning, but it seems it doesn't last long. My more experienced friend told me to look for the signs of distress when we come to pick her up from daycare - if there are none, she's probably okay most of the time. Crying when we leave her there in the morning is normal and to be expected for a longer period of time. Sounds like reasonable advice.
alene1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really tuning in to what I like to eat too, and what I don't like that much but always thought I did! lol The too-full feeling is really uncomfortable. It's definitely a challenge to find the just right feeling.
Imogen Morley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alene, it always amazes me how people believe they like or even love some food, only to discover it's not that good when they eat the thing with mindfulness and attention. We're so used to the autopilot mode.

SUNDAY 57.4 Wink
MONDAY 57.3 Wink (national holiday)

3 S-days in a row! Whew! The weekend plus the holiday were so hectic I couldn't find the time to post or report my meals, so I only weighed myself. The family visit went as expected - we were all tired and yelling at each other at the end of it. What a mess. My eating was chaotic, too. I hate nibbling along and not sitting down to real meals.
N has come down with a cold, so no daycare for her this week. I'll take some days off to stay with her. Given the recent situation in the office, I'd rather care for a sick toddler than go there!
automatedeating

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness! Work must be stressful if you'd rather stay home with a sick toddler, lol. Good luck with the family situation, Imogen! So glad to hear that N is adapting to daycare; actually especially happy to hear that you are feeling a bit more settled about things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: