Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod pedometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliviamanda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: iPod pedometer Reply with quote

The weather is getting nice and I am starting to finally feel like an urban ranger. I discovered that not only can I use my pedometer on my ipod Nano, but when I sync it to my computer's itunes, I can send the info to nike and it tracks my progress (my pedometer steps), and puts it into this cool game where I can virtually walk/run around the world. It starts in New York and every day I upload my data and I move a little further in the game. Tonight I will make my way through the virtual Central Park... I am totally motivated right now!!!
NoelFigart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like fun!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koopa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it out of NYC yet? Avoid Newark, nothing good in there Very Happy
jerryjames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPod nano is also now an even better workout partner with the new built-in pedometer, the organization's release Online Assignment Help Sydney explains. iPod nano can monitor your means taken and calories burned, helping you meet your short and long-term fitness goals.
r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a gadget person. It started with an early version of the Nike running watch that was huge and clunky. I used Nike.com a lot back then but it was more limited than what Olivia describes. I had a Garmin Vivoactive the last 4 years and really liked it. One of the fun things with Garmin was creating challenges with friends and family. I could not win running or biking or swimming challenges with the mostly younger challengers, but I could win a steps challenge.

I was gifted an Apple Watch for Christmas, and I am still trying to figure out all the things you can do with it. Anyone have any tips?
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fitness element of the Apple Watch. I try to close the three rings every day - 30 exercise minutes, 450 calories burnt and standing every hour. The medals and awards are motivating for me. I’m currently on a longest move streak of 149 days and I do not want to break that! It’s a bit like the habit cal and ‘don’t break the chain’. The monthly challenges are fun and my husband and I try to achieve them. It also means we go out for a walk every day before dinner- nice way to start the evening.
I haven’t lost any significant amount of weight but my trousers are looser around the thighs! Very Happy
r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks idontknow. I have figured out the daily rings and have my calories goal set at 600 and exercise at 30. I started using it January 1 and have closed the rings every day except the first two when I was still figuring it out. I did not know about the monthly challenges. I will have to check that out.

You are right that closing the rings is pretty motivational. I like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: