Sinnie's Back!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Sinnie's Back!

Post by Sinnie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:54 am

Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember me, to the newer members, hello! I used to do No S (rather half essed, I must admit) but found it worked quite well even though it was hard!

For awhile I started doing a eat-only-when-hungry kind of plan which worked wonders. I can't say that I will stay here forever but my personal experience is that No S puts me on a good track where I then maintain by my own strange means.

My biggest vice is snacking and then binging. I'm not a total sweets fanatic, so I don't really follow that S. My only concern is not eating between meals right now. I found in the past that I messed up when hunger became unbearable. This time I'm going to keep juice on me to save the day.

Let's see what happens! Hope you're all going well :)
Last edited by Sinnie on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 pm

Haven't been following No S as planned. Writing it down should definitely help for accountability.

Tuesday August 14, 2007

Breakfast:
Coffee with cream
One fried egg with a piece of toast
Few pieces kiwi and pineapple

Lunch:
Few chunks of pineapple, spoon of yogurt
1/2 pita with cream cheese
Pasta
Roasted zucchini with tomato sauce and cheese
Glass of skim milk
*I felt a little shaky about 11:30am which is only 2 1/2 hours after a late breakfast. So I'm eating earlier than planned, but hopefully enough to make me last until dinner.

Dinner:
1/2 pb & j sandwich
glass skim milk
nectarine
nachos and cheese
pb muffin

I suddenly got very hungry around 5pm. I find I feel totally fine and then whamo, I get so hungry. I couldn't even wait for food to cook, hence the strange dinner. I suppose this is why I've never been successful following No S, I simply can't take the length of time between meals. If I continue, I may have to follow a 4-5 meal a day structure.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi Sinnie! Just wanted to drop in and welcome you back! :D
I took about 8 months off last year from the boards..
But now I am back too!
Hope you are well!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

tapper47

Post by tapper47 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Sinnie, i wouldn't make it out of the kitchen on the number of calories you are eating. No wonder you are hungry.

Perhaps you should fill yourself up with protein and carbs and fats. Increase your calories and you will speed up your metabolism and you will also be able to get through the hours until the next meal.

Do you do any muscle building exercise? That will also help speed up the metabolism and you will probably crave carbs which amazingly enough helps to burn fat.
Happily eating 3 times a day

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 am

Hey Deb! Welcome back too! Just curious, did you continue to do No S while you were away from the boards?

Tapper47, thank you for the advice. You are definitley right about the protein - I think that's where I faultered. The thing is, it may not look like much food but it was over 2000 calories. I don't write everything (like the amount of cheese I load on pasta haha). The calories were really concentrated in the carby foods like the muffin itself had 400 calories. I don't count but was curious. I need to increase the protein WAY more to stop the shaky feeling I get.

Today was a bust. I was with a friend all day and we had sweets :(

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi Sinnie! Theoretically I was still committed to it, but totally screwed up and just was very depressed all Winter and Spring and ate like nuts!!
Definitely wasn't trying to actively and consciously apply the rules except once in a while.. I gained back between 7-10 lbs during that 8 months.
I'm glad to be back here again and have started SG again too!
Having some ups and downs but just going to keep plugging away and try for as many successful days as I can!
I love NoS!
Have a nice day!
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 am

It's great to have you back, Deb. I'm sorry to hear you were depressed all winter and spring but glad that you found the determination to keep going with this.

Here I am, up super early at 5am because I can't sleep. I feel disgusting and fat because I ate a slice of pizza, candy, trail mix and chocolate last night before bed. I had weighed myself and it totally threw me off. I think I need to get the scale out of my sight, maybe put it in another room to stop me.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:30 pm

I'm feeling pretty good about today. I made a decision to put away the scale in the linen closet, and following someone's advice on the board (can't remember who said it), to only weigh at the beginning of each season. This is going to be a change to my daily weigh-ins. So, the next time I step foot on a scale will be the first day of Fall, Sunday September 23, 2007.

Breakfast:
Bran muffin, nectarine, egg fried in olive oil topped with cheddar on toast

Lunch:
Apple, ground turkey, veggies and refried beans with nachos and cheese, and sour cream.

To signal lunch was over, I decided to make my own version of a chai latte. I microwaved half a mug of milk and added a bit of cinnamon sugar. I added boiling water and a tea bag. It was really good and better than dessert!

Dinner:
Orange, few bites of sausage, mini yogurt container, oatmeal made with milk and loaded with trail mix, mini mousse cake (about the size of a mini cupcake)

Around 4pm I saw just moments of a cooking show and it sent me into 'must eat food now' syndrome. I marched downstairs with that intention and someone gave me the tiny dessert they brought home from work. I'm not upset about that, but how once I feel that little glitch in my stomach for food (I've heard that feeling a few hours after eating is your body flipping to fat burning) I don't care about any darn eating plan, I just EAT. That's why I always liked calorie counting, you can eat whenever you want. The problem then is there is TOO many eating opportunities.

So, I decided to just make my dinner early. In high school, I always ate dinner this early but I had more motivation back then for some reason. I think I'll be okay because I'm going out tonight for a movie and coffee which keeps me outta the house and therefore outta the kitchen ;)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Last night didn't go well. I had a few bites of popcorn and sips of iced tea at the movies. Then went out and had a beer. Came home and ate some chocolate, candy and one mini cake.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Saturday Aug. 18

Breakfast:
3/4 bran muffin, black coffee, bowl of rice krispie's with skim milk

Lunch:
frozen strawberries blended with milk and tiny bit of sugar
Homemade pad thai

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:35 am

Yesterday went well, despite skipping lunch by accident and eating a bit before bed after dinner.

I'm so nervous to start my new teaching job next week that I really need to maintain my eating habits to lessen the stress at least in that aspect. I hate feeling this anxious though.

Haven't had breakfast yet. Will update later.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 pm

Thurs. Aug 30

Today was so incredibly stressful.

Breakfast:
an omelet with small piece of bread

Lunch:
few bites of canned beans in tomato sauce, piece of bread with cheese

Dinner:
Oven fried potatoes with cheese and sauted cabbage
Last edited by Sinnie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:23 pm

Today feels much better in terms of my job. I got everything a bit sorted out, so I think it'll be okay. Just going to take it day by day. I did learn something very important though. It doesn't make anything better by overeating. I stuck to 3 meals yesterday and that actually helped reduce my stress by one less thing to worry about. I woke up this morning feeling good from not turning to lots of food and told myself to be strong and face the day.

Breakfast:
cheerios and milk

Lunch (didn't get to eat until 3pm):
Ham, cabbage and potatoes

A another victory after lunch - there was a chocolate bar sitting around and I actually, for the first time ever, said "it's not an S day."

Charis

Post by Charis » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:56 pm

Great job, resisiting temptation! I love how this plan just makes it more and more automatic to say "no, I can't have that it is not an S day".

Great insight also in recognizing that overeating does not really reduce stress - just delays facing it often with a dose of guilt on top of it.

Hope things continue to go better with your job.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Charis.

I did end up eating the chocolate bar and a bit before bed from a small dinner. I also weighed myself earlier than planned and am happy to see it somewhat back down (133.5).

Today:

Breakfast was pancakes and real maple syrup.

Lunch was homemade macaroni and cheese, a nectarine and a chip party mix thing.

Not sure about dinner yet...

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Hmm, yesterday went fairly well...I had a few drinks at the bar last night, came home and ate strange things, like leftover macaroni, that chip-mix sodium filled stuff...but I'm down to 133 this morning which is good. I'm finally taking off that darned weight I gained during the summer overeating/depression.

Breakfast: english muffin with butter, nectarine, milk

Lunch: macaroni and cheese; chicken quesadilla; few chips

Snack: chicken quesadilla, 1/2 an english muffin with peanut butter and jam, milk, few bites of pudding, one chocolate kiss

Another Snack: grapes, orange, bun with butter

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Wow, yesterday was the mother of all S-days. I didn't feel well at night...amongst some other stuff was many chocolate hersheys kisses, cereal, sandwich, more quesadillas and beans...who knows what else

Today is much more tame...couldn't eat breakfast until now (10:45am)

Breakfast: fruit plate (nectarine, grapes, apple)

Lunch: piece of cheese, few bites yogurt, piece of bread with pb and jam, and a bowl of vegetable rice soup.

Today didn't end off so well. I virtual plated dinner, and then ate too much after dinner. It's because of the first job jitters...I have to face my very first classroom tomorrow. It's a new chapter in my life, and I realize it's going to come whether I'm ready or not, but, it's still so nerve-wrecking.

I think tomorrow will be OK.

Charis

Post by Charis » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Hope your first day in the clasroom went well. I thought of you as my children went to school today.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi Charis! Thanks for thinking of me, that was really sweet. The first couple days were pretty bad, but today I'm feeling a little more settled.
Well, since I've been so busy, I haven't had an ounce of time to even think about eating.
I'm feeling a bit better about everything now, so I think i can try and focus a bit on food tomorrow. I'll strive for 3 meals. It feels nice to be able to think about this again!
Last edited by Sinnie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:49 pm

Friday and Saturday I ate pretty badly. So I am No Sing today. I think I should start writing out my plan for the day to keep on track.

Breakfast:
egg, toast, fruit and milk

Lunch:
salmon, veggie, carb

Dinner:
chicken, veggie, carb

Let's see if I can do it today! I've been home all weekend doing work, super boring.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Haven't been doing well at all. Job is hell, and my eating is totally erratic. I only had some fruit today until 6:30pm. Then I finally ate some dinner. My weight is going down, but I don't want to lose it by stress. Not sure what to do.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Well, I've tried with all my power to eat properly but I've gained a few pounds. This morning I'm up to 135 lbs which for me is not good. I haven't been this weight in a while and it scares me because i don't want to have to start all over again in terms of weight loss. Damn, Im so frustrated. Nothing works, I always end up overeating. Always. Why, why, why.......

I partially know why. I've been so depressed. I totally understand when people will hear this they will want to say "oh cry me a river, life could be much worse." But I just can't help feeling this way. I am not happy with my job and really don't know what else to do. I feel stuck. And I'm very lonely, I can't seem to get over the last person I was with and life feels very bad. So I eat because at least temporarily I feel okay (and full).

I put on a smile and sometimes even mean it. But there isn't a day that goes by which I feel truly satisfied. Life is too short to dwell, and I'm taking steps to make it better, but nothing seems to make a difference.

When your heart hurts, and there isn't much to look forward to, it feels hopeless.

Today's food intake.

Breakfast: 1/2 a toasted blueberry bagel with butter
Lunch: soup, cottage cheese, pear
Dinner: Omelette, toast, tomato salad, pear, pumpkin muffin, granola bar, tea

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:13 pm

I'm feeling so much better this weekend! It's awesome to be "back". I reallllly overdid the eating yesterday, but I think I've logically convinced myself of the utter need for No S. I have tried going back to calorie counting because the hunger I felt at times was too much and needed a snack. But, in the end, as promised, it only led to overeating. It doesn't work. Too many decisions, too many options, too much leeway.

So here I am, eager and ready to commit. I've said this before and because of that I am not expecting anyone to take me seriously (I'm not even sure that I do). But my desire and hope is genuine. I struggle after work during that time before dinner. That is what has always broken me.

Some tips for myself:

-Drink more water (I never do)
-Don't weigh in anymore, just work on habit
-Eat more at meals
-Honestly cut out sugar on N days
-Actually put food on one plate as much as possible (I pick at things)
-Find interesting things to do after work so I don't eat
-Learn to enjoy hunger (this sounds off, but I usually think I'm dying when hungry and that leads me to eat before a meal)
-Walk the dog more

Today:

Meal #1: French toast and milk.
Snack #1: Ginger cookie.
Snack #2: 1/2 ginger cookie, some fat free pudding, a fat-free yogurt cup*
Meal #2: Homemade calzone (yummm, to die for)
Snack #3: cookie, pizza, apple
Meal #3: chicken and pasta; cookie

*Note: I'm actually not into fat-free stuff, it was just lying around here
Last edited by Sinnie on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:18 pm

I thought this was an interesting read. I'm posting it on my blog here in case I ever want to read it again. I have tendency's to binge, that's why I read this stuff.

O U R D A I L Y B I T E - October 20, 2007 Your daily tip, inspiration, words of wisdom, what you need, just when you need it. Our Daily Bite, waiting in your mailbox. Chew slowly and enjoy it ;-)

====== Day After a Binge - What to Do

Yesterday was a day-after-a-binge day. They don't come often, but there it was. The day before I wanted chocolate. I went to the mall andbrowsed the candy store, getting a few odds and ends--nothing I reallywanted to eat though, more like souvenirs; a chocolate cigar from See'sCandy and a box of Chick Chocolates, Extreme Chick (new out of Seattle Chocolates). I wanted to get the chocolate crayons but my son gave me oneof his, "Mom, that's enough," looks so I refrained. I'm a candy collector, I'll admit it. I also bought a bag of See's chocolate balls popular atChristmas; they sell them year-round and two pieces of California Brittlefor myself.

I ate my California Brittle walking out of the mall and once I got home I started in on the chocolate balls. They weren't satisfying me though, and I kept reaching for more until I finally just left the bag on my desk infront of me (why waste energy going to get more). Maybe it wasn't chocolateI needed after all but a massage or a hug? I don't know. I proceeded to eatenough that I felt like it was too many, and then I went for one of my famous double-cheeseburger with everything on it and family pak fries fromDaily Queen. Ate it all too. No problem. When that happens you know something besides hunger is going on because normally I'd have been so stuffed I'd have exploded.

The next day after a big sugar/salt/high fat eating fest like this I usually notice more cravings and hunger. I noticed it this time as well. The afternoon was the worst when the idea of eating lots of goodies started to come to mind, "Wouldn't that be good," and "Oh, yes, whipped cream." I was already starting to think of all the goodies to come at the holidays.

Dealing with the Day After Cravings I took those thoughts, put them in a box (obviously this is a mental exercise) and put them to my right. Then I thought of what I wanted and pictured myself the way I want to look, wearing something nice (next summer looking awesome, perhaps), and heard people telling me how nice I look, and feeling great, vibrant, healthy. I put this image to my left.

Looking right then left I thought: which do I want more? Goodies right now or ... Well I know I want better health. I want to stay at a good weight for myheight. I want to feel great and look great. I want all of these thingsmore than some yummy to eat right now. By this time it had been a couple of minutes and the immediate craving had disappeared.

That usually happens. Wait it out and it goes away, but waiting can be frustrating anddifficult. Trying not to think of what you want to eat makes it even biggerin your mind. So, instead of trying not to think of it, replace it with something else like the vision of what you want instead.

In Session 4 of the One More Bite Workshop you'll learn the Swish technique which is an NLP process very similar to this. You takewhat you don't want, and S-W-I-S-H replace it with what you do (in your mind) and pretty soon, every time you think of the thing you don't want (a certain food or behavior) the other picture comes to mind too. It's slick, easy and works. Maybe you get these cravings or "ideas to eat" multiple times a day, maybe only at certain times of day but having a plan of dealing with them will help enormously.

Day After Most Critical Time Frankly, the day after the binging or overeating is the critical time. The day of the overeating itself isn't so important. I allow myself to overeat when I really want to, and that's okay. But the next day, do I let that become my new way of eating or not? Do I do what is necessary to nip it in the bud, or not? It takes some effort, yes. Will it kill me, I doubt it. The next day when that indulgent behavior shows up I address it head-on. I'm not letting it become a new pattern, no way, no how. I'm going to be strong, and get right back to my usual eating habits, and that is how to overeat on occasion. That is the non-dieting approach.

I also employ my 3-Day Rule, but that's another topic. This works whether you have 100 pounds to lose or you want to maintain yourweight. No matter where you are now, you still have to deal with the idea of overeating when it comes to mind. It will come less and less often thecloser you are to your goal weight, and it also becomes easier and easier to choose to stay the course as you get closer to your goal weight.

Thinking of it another way, it becomes easier to avoid regaining the weight you worked so hard to lose. It also becomes easier to want to get more movement or exercise. If you think of a picture of pain when you think of exercise, what's the chance you'll want to continue? But what if instead you saw yourself all strong and healthy, flexing your muscles or showing off your nice figure?

EFT Works if you Use it

EFT can help with all these things, but you must give it a chance to do itsmagic by using it. I know sometimes you don't want to, that you're afraidusing it will somehow take away all desire to indulge forever more, butbelieve me it's not quite like that. EFT takes away the fear: fear that youwon't get to eat what you want; fear that you'll "miss out"; fear thatyou'll be losing instead of gaining. Yes you'll let go of some weight, and you'll release some attitudes you may have held for a long time, but you'll gain so much more. You'll gain selfesteem and a sense of power. You'll gain wealth by saving money on healthcare costs.

Here are suggestions for using EFT for the day after a binge:

"Even though I really want to keep gorging myself, I deeply and completely accept myself."

"Even though I want more chocolate, I deeply and completely accept myself."

"Even though I told myself I wouldn't and now I can't stand it, Ideeply and completely accept myself."

"Even though I don't think this will work for me, I deeply andcompletely accept myself."

"Even though I hate this flab and wish it would just go away, I deeply and completely accept myself."

Follow the EFT words wherever they lead, don't worry about getting off the subject. There isn't a subject. EFT works more on the "feelings" you are having when you say the words. Speaking the words aloud or to yourself is away to remind yourself of your issue -- the words you use are not important so don't get hung up on saying just the right thing. The day-after struggle can end, and with it the pattern of falling back into overeating habits. Take it one day at a time. Give yourself a chance to succeed. This won't happen overnight, but if you are diligent and make asmall effort every day, you will succeed.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:34 pm

Day 1: Monday Oct. 22, 2007 - SUCCESS

Meal #1: Bagel with cream cheese and butter; black coffee
Meal #2: Homemade leftover pizza; apple
Meal #3: Orange, cauliflower, pasta/chicken bake, spoon of pb, banana, latte

I resisted the ginger cookies!!! Woo!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:39 am

Day 2: Tues. Oct. 23, 2007 - SUCCESS

Meal #1: Yogurt, egg, toast, a few bites of oatmeal
Meal #2: Bagel with cream cheese, apple, yogurt, veggies & dip
Meal #3: Veggie soup, crackers, bit of yogurt, 2 crapes with tiny drizzle real maple, 1 slice of bread with peanut butter, coffee with half & half

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:40 am

Day 3: Wed. Oct. 24, 2007 - SUCCESS

Meal #1: oatmeal with dates, walnuts and cinnamon
Meal #2: chilli con carne, rice cakes, yogurt, apple
Meal #3: fish sticks (homemade), mashed potatoes, green beans, salad
Last edited by Sinnie on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:40 pm

Sinnie,

I'm happy you seem to be reenergized after that rough spell mid-month.

What exactly is EFT? (I got a rough sense from some of the quotes).

Reinhard

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:28 pm

Hey Reinhard! Thanks for stopping by my check in. It's going really well mentally for me because I've logically accepted why this works. Just taking away all those millions of food related decisions by having only one option ("no, tummy, you can't have any food, it's after dinner. Wait until breakfast") makes it so much easier. Even when I screw up, I'm not letting it turn into a binge, just hop right back on track.

As far as EFT, I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is! It may be some kind of technique to change your thinking...but to be frank I'm not sure. I just read the article and kind of disregarded that part! I think there is some info on the net about it.

Let's see...as far as eating the past couple days were failures. Yesterday my day was thrown off by a late day at work. Today's was thrown off because I didn't bring a proper lunch and got too hungry, overate and had sweets when I got home. But I'm stopping there and no more food tonight, no binging because i already messed up. That mentality really screws any hopes of weight loss. It's nonsense really.

But my weight was down to 132.5 this morning which was cool :)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Weight was holding at 132.5 this morning, so my short term goal that I'm looking to right now is 125 lbs. Seeing this number eventually will keep me on my toes for the next little while.

Saturday Oct 27:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with brown sugar and maple syrup; yogurt; fruit salad

Lunch: Thai food (some kind of fried chicken over rice) Very full from it.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Let's see, this is Day 7: Sunday Oct. 28, 2007. Still 132.5

Yesterday I did snack in the afternoon a bit, I think it was a little leftover oatmeal, dried fruit, can't remember what else...I had overeaten at lunch so my hunger was minimal. Went out in the evening where I had mussels and one piece of bruscetta with cheese. 2 beers as well.

Sunday's food:

Breakfast: fruit salad, oatmeal, black coffee
Snack: apple, almonds, bite of chocolate, too many swiss cheese flavoured crackers
Lunch: butternut squash soup
Snack: too much blueberry crumb cake; chips
Dinner: mushroom lasagna (very rich)

I don't want this day to turn into a binge day. I didn't want to snack until lunch. Grrr.

I WILL NOT EAT ANYMORE TODAY!!!!!
Last edited by Sinnie on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Tips for myself to tackle the boredom-hunger monster:

-Drink water
-Tea
-Go for a walk
-Watch videos
-Watch tv
-Read a book or magazine
-Go shopping
-Daydream about wonderful things

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am

Would you believe Sunday brought me to 136 this morning? I haven't weighed this much even when binging at times. Oh well, hopefully just water weight. Will see tomorrow morning.

Ate well today, but I did have a piece of blueberry crumb cake.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:13 am

Okay, trying to get back on track. Lots of chocolate yesterday, so NONE today. Not one. I don't care that its halloween. I took mine yesterday. They weren't even that good.

My weight was down to 133.5 yesterday and the same today despite yesterdays chocolate fest.

Meal #1: orange, toast with peanut butter

Yikes I really went off the deepend today. I am hopelessly doomed.

Meal #2: pasta salad with chicken and veggies

4 mini chocolates

Meal#3: mashed potatoes, zuchini, few mini meatballs

Many, many chocolates.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:03 pm

My problem is a question of willpower. I have none. But, it's better to keep trying than give up?

Breakfast:
Half a pb sandwich w/ lite jam; pear, hunk of cheese

Lunch:
Mr. Noodles; apple

Dinner:
Salad with chicken and ranch dressing; fried cabbage and potatoes; milk and a couple oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Yesterday evening I just got so hungry before bed. I took the slippery slope down by 'just having a few veggies' which led to a full-blown binge. I haven't done that in awhile. I just don't handle hunger well at all.

I was going to give up today because clearly the plan just never did work for me, but I thought I'll try it again today and maybe re-align what I'm eating. I also told myself that I have willpower.

Breakfast: pair parfait (sooo yum). This is yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, safflower oil, some oats and canned pears.

Lunch: oatmeal (I put lots of oats, powdered milk, slivered almonds, cinnamon and flax seeds into a container and pour hot water over at work). Small apple.

Dinner: garlic green beans, rice and fried breaded chicken (all homemade). Glass of white wine.

All my meals were so satisfying and delicious. I am very happy with my success today. When I walked in the door tonight from work, my mom had the dinner ready and I was going to take a bean before getting changed. Then I told myself I can wait. I HAVE WILL POWER.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Breakfast: yogurt parfait

Lunch: work provided a christmas meal - turkey, veggies, potatoes

was *starving* by dinner...

Dinner: leftovers from yesterday, salad with ranch dressing, milk, small apple, tea and a cookie

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Totally binging again. Need to start tracking and actually eat breakfast. Just trying to log here, even though I'm not completely following the rules.

Breakfast:
fruit
piece of bagel with cream cheese
yogurt with protein powder
half a blueberry muffin (oops)
coffee with one cream

Lunch:
Pasta
1/2 peanut butter sandwich
mini yogurt container
piece of chocolate cake thing
orange juice

Dinner:
bowl of kraft dinner
1 chicken wing

Evening:
1 small cut-out cookie
hot chocolate

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Breakfast:
2 pieces of french toast

Lunch:
almonds
1/2 a bagel w/ pb and 1/2 with cream cheese
yogurt with protein powder
dry bran cereal
3 wafer cookies
coffee with some cream

Dinner (out for our v-day):
appetizer plate of cheeses/meats/olives/bread
grilled shrimp
gnocchi
wine

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Sunday:

Breakfast:
Toast with peanut butter and jam

Lunch:
Tuna, bread and some pasta, grapes

Dinner:
Bread, pasta, chicken breast, asparagus, slice of apple streusel pie, wine

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Monday (new family day holiday here in canada)

Breakfast:
2 slices french toast with real maple syrup, piece of back bacon, blueberries and strawberries, black coffee

Lunch:
Huge piece of quesadilla "pie" (layers of ww tortilla's in cheese and ham and salsa), juice
Brownies! Ate a lot of them, even put some peanut butter on the last one.

Don't think I can eat anymore today. I am so full.

Ended up having a bit more brownie and some yogurt.

Then had chinese food for dinner (just some rice, veggies, bit of chicken). Also had a chocolate, and maybe 5 biscotti.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 pm

Tuesday February 19

Breakfast:
Sesame seed bagel with cream cheese; apple

Lunch:
Pear, quesadilla, yogurt with protein powder and oatmeal, almonds

Dinner:
Apple strudel (no sugar) and glass milk; ribs, potatoes, salad, juice; toast with peanut butter, 1/2 an apple

*Had some brownies with peanut butter later on, bite of biscotti

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:49 pm

I'm so glad I'm keeping accountable here. I need to actually use some willpower though, I really don't have any whatsoever. I weighed in this morning, obviously I've gained weight. I think I will weigh in everyday, it seems to keep me on track much better knowing I'm facing the scale the next day. Today's weight: 134 lbs

Breakfast:
2 pieces of bacon
black coffee
Apple strudel (no sugar added)
yogurt (with protein powder, oatmeal, sliced almonds)

Lunch:
pear
bagel with cream cheese/margarine
bite of tortilla with cheese
carrots and dip

Dinner:
green beans with margarine
goulash and polenta
big chunk of fresh bread with margarine
fruit salad
juice/sip of wine
brownies with peanut butter

Those darn brownies. I did phenomenally well all day. Dinner was perfect for once, I put everything on one plate! I never do that! (Fruit was in a little bowl on the plate). I just didn't want it to be over, and I went for the brownies with pb on top. So good. I'm not giving up. So I had some dessert. That will not give me permission to binge.

When I get home is the hardest time for me. Today was a huge accomplishment because instead of snacking I had a cup of tea. I'd never done that.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Yesterday went bad. I just couldn't stop.

Breakfast:
1/2 pb sandwich

Lunch:
yogurt, fruit salad, muffin and coffee

So so hungry by dinner: :roll:
-salad with kidney beans, fresh pasta with goulash, orange juice, bread and peanut butter, almonds and dried figs, mini yogurt, some fruit

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Goodness, I don't know what's happening to me these days. I simply can't control my urges to eat. It's not physical, it's completely mental. Once I give myself that permission to go ahead, I tell myself I'll start over tomorrow. Terrible cycle. I totally went off the deep end yesterday. I was going to starve myself today, but decided to give it another go on No S.

B: pear cut up in yogurt mixture of protein and oatmeal.
L: almonds and tortilla with cheese
D: martini, glass of wine, teriyaki rice bowl (with veggies and chicken)

My first successful day!!!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Saturday Feb 23

B: eggs, piece toast and back bacon, bran muffin, berries
L: tuna, bread, lemonade, berries
D: onion rings, chocolate malt balls

I snacked a bit...a piece of cheese, some snack mix (pretzels etc), bite of sausage and onion ring. Not bad.

I'm going out tonight. I don't want to eat but I'll see if that will be socially unacceptable. I'm thinking to have a couple alcoholic drinks and call it a night.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Up to 135 lbs. It keeps going up. I just want to make today a success. I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

DAY 1: SUCCESS :D

My goals:
1) Eat three meals, with no sweets.
2) Go for a walk tonight.

Breakfast:
Muesli pita with peanut butter, some milk, tiny bit of half and half in my coffee.

Lunch:
Tuna, small tortilla (whole wheat), cheerios snack mix, yogurt/pear/protein powder/oatmeal mixture, carrots

Dinner:
Pasta, salad, apple and peanut butter, coffee

***Success at work - didn't touch sweets at the meeting. Don't even miss them. What's so special about coffee cake or cookies anyways? Aren't those treats we can really find anywhere...

Woohoo! Today was good! Now, let's work on tomorrow. Rather, let's get through the rest of the evening. One step at a time...

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 am

Day 2: SUCCESS
Breakfast:
Egg whites on a whole wheat tortilla, oatmeal with chocolate protein and peanut butter and an orange; coffee with milk and sugar

Lunch:
Pasta, cheese, apple, peanut butter on half of a small muesli pita.

Dinner:
Caesar, chicken legs, pasta, salad.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:37 pm

DAY 3: SUCCESS
Breakfast:
Toast with peanut butter, half a bran muffin, few grapes

Lunch:
Tuna, crackers, strawberries, grapes, 1/2 bran muffin with coffee

Dinner:
salad with croutons, soup, a little bit of steak and potatoes, 1/2 tortilla with cheese, mini muesli pita with peanut butter, small bowl cereal with skim

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:20 pm

Wed ended up being a huge failure, along with yesterday. Today i'm just trying to eat less, not even paying attention to the other s's than snacks.

Breakfast:
croissant (1/2 with choc. and 1/2 w/ almonds); bite of another apple thing-not very sweet, apple

Lunch:
Bread, peanut butter, cheese, meat, orange juice

Going to have a cup of coffee with cream now