I'm back

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tapper47

I'm back

Post by tapper47 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Back again. Took 6 weeks and went crazy. I had been losing weight on No S so decided to tweak things and ended up with a plan of tons of carbs, and meal supplements and low fat. Oh, and then was supposed to eat twenty seven times a day. (Okay, 5-6 times a day)

Remember Susan Powter's Stop the Insanity?

I do. I did that way of eating in the early 90s. Lost weight too. Was absolutely miserable. You can't ever eat a real meal. Egg white omlettes for goodness sake.

What on earth is wrong with a real egg?

It was stuff like: "See this piece of cheese, you can have x number of oranges for the same calories." I don't particularly like oranges but I love cheese.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I am officially insane.

Anyway, gained three pounds (I'm grateful it wasn't more) and I'm back to No S for life.
Happily eating 3 times a day

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm

Welcome back!

I had to laugh when you mentioned Susan Powter! I wonder if she's still eating low fat... :P

I tried to eat low fat way back when it was the thing-it was horrible. All the experts said I'd lose weight if everything had NO fat (and tasted like styrofoam, of course!). So I ate all kinds of fat free nasty junk-more food than before because nothing satisfied my appetite, and guess what...I gained 23 plus pounds!!

Glad to be normal again (well on my eating anyway! LOL). At least you got back here with relatively little damage! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

tapper47

Post by tapper47 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm glad I'm back and only three pounds wiser.

Susan Powter is supposed to have this new website and I have seen her around. Guess she is still eating low fat because her face is as gaunt as ever.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:41 am

Welcome back!

The urge to tweak is powerful...

I certainly respect it -- I wouldn't have come up with any of this stuff if I'd been contented with received diet wisdom. But it is important to know when to cool it with the tweaking. Any moderate diet, by its very nature, is going to take time to show results (this isn't always the case, but it's safer to assume it). If you get impatient and start to tweak incessantly, you deprive the diet of the time it needs. By constantly changing the rules you diminish your respect for the rules. By introducing all kinds of new variables you soon lose all sense of what is even supposed to be going on.

Better luck this time around!

Reinhard

tapper47

Post by tapper47 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah, Reinhard, what you said.

I have learned my lesson and have been doing just fine with NoS.

It really is the perfect way to eat.

Can't wait to get your book.