First Day!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MagieDen

First Day!

Post by MagieDen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Hello,

I am new to the No-S program, actually today is my first day. I found the website on the internet and believe it is a Godsend. One of my goals has to become more aware of what I am putting into my mouth and not getting all crazy about it. I so desire to have a normal relationship with food and I believe this may be the ticket. I have already lost 22.7 lbs since January of 2008 and know that I can eat this way the rest of my life. I also exercise at least 5-6 days a week so I am up on that. What I like about the idea is that it is all laid out for you. Someone suggested dividing your plate up into four sections and filling those sections with fruit, veggies and meat, how clever it sounds like normal eating to me. I have chosen to use a 9 inch plate for my meals to keep me on track. I also like the waiting part for a snack, or sweets on the weekends. I believe the whole principal to this plan is to get us thinking healthy and normal thoughts about food and how we relate to it. My husband is a diabetic and I am not but I do make meals a lot for him that are low in carbohydrates. The problem I have had with this type of eating is that eventually I eat sweets(not all crazy like) eventually and I end up feeling guilty or bad and I have to start all over again. Needless to say that most of the foods we have in our home are healthier for us. We for the most part gave up on fast food and I have had an occasional sub at Subway but for the most part fast food has been eliminated. I started at 254.7 lbs the beginning of this year and now am currently 232 lbs. and believe I CAN make this work for me. I like being able to count on the portion control part of it and feel ready to be more disciplined in my eating. I hope this post finds all those following this way of eating to be happy and healthy as you have a better relationship with food.

Day 1 started June 9, 2008
Sw: 232 lbs. :)
One day at a time, one meal at a time & 1 pound at a time!

~*~*Maggie~*~

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Maggie,
WELCOME!
I so desire to have a normal relationship with food and I believe this may be the ticket.
therapy didn't do it
overeaters anonymous didn't do it
other diets didn't do it
just wanting it didn't do it

it seems like NO S has done just that ... given me a "normal relationship" with food and you just can't put a price on that ... I have suffered a BED binge eating disorder for almost 40 years and with NO S binging is not part of my life.

Also, just want to suggest, using the function HABITCAL is very helpful for many of us, there is a link at the top of the page

AND

getting the book if you have the chance, just because it answers so many questions, is completely inspiring and is a GREAT supplement to the website,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Bienvenu! There are many wonderful people on this site, all of them are willing to offer encouragement and advice. I truly believe that God has put this plan in my life. God BLess you with success!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Maggie, WELCOME! Stay involved with the boards and set up a HabitCal
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Welcome Maggie! 8)
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

Daycare mommy

Hello

Post by Daycare mommy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 am

This is my first day as well I will start the eating plan tomorrow I weigh about 190 on a 5 foot frame,larger bones but still way too big for MY health. Talk to me anytime!!!!
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength