Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One year on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ffwl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: One year on Reply with quote

I realised this week that it is nearly a year since I started following the NoS plan. It has been somewhat hit and miss; there have been some thumping falls from the wagon, a bit of excessive wiggle room on what constitutes a plate of food and some downright wilfulness. I don’t think I have had a fully green week ever, but as time has gone on things have settled to a pattern.

As well as 3 meals I have a small amount of supper before bed if I am hungry, and sometimes that is a couple of nice chocolates savoured, and mid-afternoon I usually have a mocha made with a heaped teaspoon each of cocoa and coffee and about half a teaspoon of sugar with hot water and a dash of milk. That keeps me on until my evening meal. During the week I tend not to take milk in any other hot drinks.

I tend to distinguish between normal S days, where I might have starters and snacks, but portion sizes are still much the same as in the week, and what I think of as F(east) days, which are the rare days like Christmas and Easter, where things are more unstructured.

I have flirted a bit with bite counting, not with any intention of doing it long term but as a way of looking at portion size, and have found if useful at times, particularly if I am eating out.

So I decided to weigh myself, and over the year I have lost about a stone
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Ffwl! And thanks for sharing. It's great to see how effective even imperfect compliance with No-S can be.

I like your distinction between F-(east) days and ordinary S-days. It's like that "capital" vs. "lowercase" S days mod that's been tossed around for a while now -- great to hear how well it's been working for you.

A stone is 14 pounds if the internet is not deceiving me? (my favorite number! I'm going to have to be more stone-conscious going forward).

Reinhard
Ffwl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, yes a stone is 14 pounds. My favourite number too at the moment.
osoniye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ffwl- Glad to hear how well the NoS diet with mods is working for you!
Just curious- how many bites do you shoot for when you are eating out?
Ffwl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find, somewhat to my surprise, that I am usually comfortably full after 20-25 bites, so I tend to aim for 20. If it is on an S day then I aim for 20 bites for the main course but will probably have a starter as well, which usually works out at about 5 bites. I have never been much of a one for dessert, we only tend to have dessert after our main meal on a Sunday, and virtually never when we are eating out.

20 bites does not sound like much, but is actually a reasonable amount of food. I should add that I am only 5'2", and I am a not very active middle-aged woman. I don't think that portion size would last my 5'7" Ultimate Frisbee playing teenage daughter very well.
automatedeating

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! What a great achievement! Thanks for sharing. Smile
MerryKat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing & Congratulations on 14 pounds (6.4kg) lost!!! It is so great to hear when someone in spite of falls & stumbles still shows impressive results!! Good luck in the year ahead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: