I'm new!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Beckyhar

I'm new!

Post by Beckyhar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello! I'm a 54 year old woman looking to finally lose the twenty-five pounds I've gained over the last twenty years. I've tried many diets, only to discover, of, course they just aren't sustainable. I even gained 10 pounds once on a low fat diet! I've been experimenting with 3 meals a day for a year or so, mostly because it is easy and limits my likelihood of cheating, but haven't stayed with it in order to lose the weight. I'm hoping that aligning my eating and lifestyle habits with the specifics of your plan will help me lose the weight for good. It makes so much sense!

At this point, I would like to know if there are others here who have overcome weight gain caused by medications and hormone issues while following this diet. Anyone out there who has? :D
One day at a time!

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Welcome! If you are used to the three meals a day habit, you should adjust to no S easily. I haven't stuck to NO s strictly enough to lose weight, but it did stop my gaining. I'm on two medications that cause weight gain. It was justa relief to see that i won't keep gaining forever as long as I buckle down and do no S. Gonna try to get back on track tomorrow! My brother and his wife lost a lot of weight this summer counting calories and of course I strayed from no s back to that insanity. Good luck to you!

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Welcome! If you are used to the three meals a day habit, you should adjust to no S easily. I haven't stuck to NO s strictly enough to lose weight, but it did stop my gaining. I'm on two medications that cause weight gain. It was justa relief to see that i won't keep gaining forever as long as I buckle down and do no S. Gonna try to get back on track tomorrow! My brother and his wife lost a lot of weight this summer counting calories and of course I strayed from no s back to that insanity. Good luck to you!

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 am

Welcome! I hope the change goes well for you :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Can't speak to the meds issues, but have lost all my weight since menopause.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Belated welcome!

I can't assure you that vanilla no-s will solve all your problems with the suspected medically related weight gain, but I have strong suspicion it will help, and provide a solid foundation for further efforts if necessary.

Hard to go wrong with moderation, even if you wind up having to tack on a little extra.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Reinhard