Hi

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

renewme

Hi

Post by renewme » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 pm

I am all burnt out! I have spent hours, days, weeks, months reading about various diets. I am pre-diabetic and have mostly been working on reducing my carbohydrates to a healthy amount and testing my blood sugars. But after months and months of researching what all the experts say about what people should and shouldn't eat, I just can't take it anymore. There are just so many particulars for any plan that a person reads about. It is overwhelming. I read about No S years ago and found my way here. I love reading about all the people who found diet freedom, lost weight, and got healthier just by changing habits. Even with the threat of diabetes lurking it takes more than just a little will power to change how I eat.

My goals as follows:

Keep my blood sugars at a normal and stable range
Lose up to 50 pounds
Use what I already know about healthy eating and QUIT all other diet/nutrition searching

I don't want to see another youtube food/weight loss video or buy another diet book or read another nutrition blog! My head hurts just typing that.

By the way I am female, 40, short, 173 lbs, 2 children, married, work full-time

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:07 am

Hi and welcome, renewme! The people on this board are so welcoming and encouraging. I hope No S helps you reach your goals!

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 am

Welcome! Glad you can join us and work towards your goals here :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 am

Welcome!

Throw away all those diet books. Everyone that is promoting a certain way of eating has an agenda and it's not necessarily in your best interest.

I really believe nutrition is just not that complicated. I try to eat from all the food groups and with NoS, sweets are kept for the weekend anyway so that part is taken care of. That with a little walking thrown in most days and I feel like I'm pretty healthy. My blood work is good as well.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes, that's hard. My husband was diagnosed with it last year and with a few changes is able to control it without meds. I cook very low carb for him but honestly there's lots of good substitutes out there so I don't think he misses it all that much and he still indulges now and then with no problems.

Anyway you have the right idea. Focus on your three meals and your blood sugar and don't worry about the rest of the noise.

You can do this!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:04 am

Make blood sugar KING. If you have to change your diet quite significantly to do it, do it. NO FOOD is worth the effect of elevated sugar on the whole system- the brain and the risk of stroke especially would motivate me.

I'm not prediabetic but I've cut starchy carbs a fair amount and there is still a lot of great food on my plates. Do all you can to find alternatives you like. Sauces and spice mix flavorings help.

And see if you can find something else even more interesting to dive into between meals. Paraphrasing what one therapist said about drinking, it's not why you overeat, it's what would you do (with your time) if you didn't overeat? OR think about dieting, dieting, dieting? :lol:
Last edited by oolala53 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi, I am new to this too, been following No S since the start of October. So far I am doing well, finding it easy to follow, its such a relief to not be counting, weighing or checking all of the time. In fact its taking me a while to realise that I can actually relax around food! I am so used to a list of 'eat this' 'don't eat that' 'weigh this' 'count this' etc that I am loving the simplicity of No S. I am hoping to sort out my poor relationship with food once and for all.
Good luck as you start out and check this board, I have found it a great help.

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:02 pm

PS I am female, 42, 2 children, 182lb so we are very similar! :D

renewme

Post by renewme » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks for welcoming me here.

I do plan to make blood sugar control my number one priority.